That mid 20s guy who goes to the gym to 'get his life back together'

>that mid 20s guy who goes to the gym to 'get his life back together'

Attached: 241ef6448b2207bdabef6340da66017da3d9c093.jpg (600x350, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you I'm gonna make it

Attached: 1114787419564126.jpg (821x1121, 185K)

this is me >:(

your life is long gone old man, sands of time slipping through your pathetic fingers while you wallow away in self pity because you can't even .5/1/1.5/2

>.5/1/1.5/2
that is pretty sad
this is like baseline nogym dyyel

So since I'm early 30s I'm excluded from this, right?

>mfw thats me
>mfw i dont give a shit

Attached: 1521356787359.jpg (620x406, 28K)

>I'm that mid 20s guy who lifts heavy things until life shoots him another chance.

Welp

Attached: 1518971926583.jpg (217x232, 8K)

Ask your doctor if your heart heart is healthy enough for gym old timer

>get his life back together
will it ever happen tho?

>tfw still no gf

>back together
What if it was never together at all?

Joke's on you lad my life was never together in the first place

we all know you're trying to counter meme, op

>leave Jow Forums for a year
>comes back and sees threads like these
Basement dwellers will inherit the earth

This
Also this is like the opposite of Jow Forums op is a fag

Lenny is an actor?

No one ever thinks about you.
Your mom is the only exception and she's just concerned with how much of loser you turned into.
She stops washing dishes sometimes,grabs the edge of sink for support and just stares at the floor rocking back on her heels slowly trying to put blame on her self ,her working schedule,were you were raised,your school ,your father...
she tries to figure out why you cant be successful in any facet of life; socially ,professionally or emotionally.She tortures herself over it because you don't .She thought you were special but you are okay with your mediocrity ,that's the wort thing for her .
But she is your mother so in some major way it's her fault.
That's what will end up killing her.The failure as a mother,a guide, a protector. She couldn't protect you from your own apathy.
You were always somehow skilled at verbal and English but she coddled you too much so you felt superior to working hard on anything and thus never had the grades or work ethic to succeed .
That superiority complex slowly turned into feeling outcast and bitter.
You are indignantly resigned to being alone but right before you go to sleep every night fantasized about changing.
You imagine getting in shape,getting a good job and really making an effort at making friends,getting a gf,following your ambitions of being creative.You are not going to live like this anymore.Things can be different.You had potential.People told you that once ,it must still be true ?
but then you jerk off and go to sleep. you used those fantasies to soothe your deep discontent for just long enough to delude yourself into sleep.Like an alcoholic and his discount grin,you tell your self that intricate story of your resurrection.
Tomorrow the cycle start all over again just like it always will.
This is how exactly your life will be when you're 50.
This is how your life will be right before you die .

why you do this man

Attached: 7f2.jpg (587x645, 117K)

God i so much hate people under 29~ they made my cringe every fucking time

i thought this would turn into something sexy for a while... but no just soul crushing depression.

Attached: blobfish_1565953a.jpg (460x288, 19K)

I go to the gym since I'm 17

what does being young have anything to do with it? shouldn't this be a good thing? what are you projecting here?

Jokes on you the gym made me turn my life around.

Damn, right in the feels

dyel post bro

That hit home.

Attached: too much.gif (350x197, 1.98M)

>lifted from ages 15-18
>graduated high school
>went to uni and fell out of lifting
>years pass
>21 years old
>alcoholic, depressed, moved back into home
>start going back to gym to feel better

I know I'm a fuck up but at least I'm trying.

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 13K)

delete this

Hey fuck those other retards, you're gonna make it

Unfortunately true. I hit 30 this year and realised its just better to off myself than live the rest of my life like this

Attached: A0C75FAF-8E7B-482C-A5CF-83F75099B1C4.jpg (1242x1217, 173K)

>tfw 28 and not sure if I fit into these threads or the "guy in his 30s" threads.

Attached: hhrm.gif (500x400, 177K)

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Weow, so not me in any way.

Attached: patrick.gif (245x240, 494K)

If I'm 29 can I go to get big?

29 just started. I just couldnt give less of a fuck.

35 and 0.6/0.8/1.2/1.8 reporting in.

Im the mid 30's guy doing that...

>Not hiding your existential pain from your mother so she can sleep a little better at night knowing not all her sacrifice didnt go to waste

24 is the absolute latest for a white man to leave his womb you fucking manchildren

Attached: disdain for cucks.jpg (1920x800, 201K)

Joke's on you, I'm not creative at all.

>insecure small-dick pissbaby compensating for how insecure they feel about themselves by comparing himself to other people

get over yourself, loser, find something better to do than judge other people

Attached: Blank+_8974b56cbf42cc10bb46096dc806a8db (1).jpg (199x200, 8K)

I bet you squat like, 95lb at best

Jokes on you I'm 22

>pissbaby
What’s up tumblr? Why don’t you go back to the fph/fps thread and whine more about fat exceptance some more you dumb kike

I'll see to it that you end here

Attached: 1470344932858.jpg (500x435, 44K)

somebody seems a little frustrated, did I hit a note on the ol' "i'm insecure so I must hide it by poking fun at other people trying to better themselves"?

How does it feel to be the definition of a lil bitch? Leave other people alone and get back to work and that shitty squat of yours

Pissbaby predates tumblr, you stupid 12 year old

>kike
>being anti-Semitic in this day and age

HOW NEW?

>first they came after middle aged men
>then the 30 year olds
>now they're mocking the 20 somethings

When will it end, fit?

>that 18yro who just started lifting to try and get laid before 20
>That 16 year old who isn't lifting because he might stunt another growth spurt that never seems to come

Lol

based

Attached: 1489653624947.png (720x644, 31K)

>Not knowing Jews are a problem in 2018

Common

do you consider this to be good bait?

> 2018 not accepting your place as a slave to the tribe of babycock suckers.

Fuck off this hits too close to home
I didn't think it was gonna be this way all right
I hate myself for falling into the trap I set myself up I'm trying to get out
I'm trying...

Attached: 1522198721631.jpg (484x497, 35K)

It won't, this is Jow Forums,
It won't soothe your pain
It won't ease your strain
You'll be waiting in vain
It has nothing for you to gain

Is 23 mid 20s or am I still considered early 20s

Attached: 1522712848038.jpg (900x973, 204K)

>half of 10 is considered 5
>that is considered mid
>23

I would say you're mid 20s at 25-27

Attached: 1510252807623.jpg (273x247, 9K)

>I'm trying...
And even if you are, 80% of people will say you're not trying enough.

Right in the feels

Attached: IMG_4664.png (600x600, 295K)

y'all lookin at this all wrong. It's not too late, get to work.

gat dam

Attached: 1518311947480.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

Lol
Even if you're not mid now, you'll be there in a year tops

24-26 makes more sense.

>that guy who posts on Jow Forums instead of hitting the racks

Never gonna make it ahahaha

Attached: s05e09_1_stannis_still_mannis-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

Shheeeeeiitttt

Attached: 1518611074183.jpg (480x480, 41K)

Still a year more than you lad :)

>middle of 20-30 is 25-27
>american education

Delet this right now

no
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1520247616212.png (700x700, 291K)

Attached: 1523004777714.png (601x434, 352K)

Are you me? Minus the alcohol. My gains haven't returned yet.

>that mid 20s guy who goes to the gym to 'get his life back together'

Twenty: 20
Early Twenties: 21, 22, 23
Mid Twenties: 24, 25. 26
Late Twenties: 27, 28, 29

Attached: 1518497213708.jpg (1256x1600, 341K)

jokes on you I'm 21

Attached: 1522119334735.jpg (1024x839, 123K)

how do you live with yourself? I hope this is like your second week or so. Your lifts are a joke

You fucking retard

When someone says 'mid 20s' do you literally think of only 25?

Absolute state

See
It's a range but you got it wrong. Murikkkan logic.

Try second year.

Gotta start eating properly now and deload properly instead of trying to do the same plateau weights over and over.

>t.

Attached: 1521760024916.png (426x510, 152K)

Attached: 1523210384528.gif (250x250, 222K)

jesus christ you want me to kill myself is that it

Attached: 1521481326781.png (209x352, 67K)

You are literally doing everything wrong then. I am not trying to be mean, but check the web symmetric strength symmetricstrength.com

You are literally subpar, you need to do Starting Strength. It's super easy for novices and I assure you will be lifting 0.5/1/2/3 in about 4 weeks.

I promise you this. SS only takes like 45 mins to do, and I give you my word it gives results.

nice projection lmao

I'm 21 and I already feel like I'm heading down this path(I'm pretty fit though). I work this dead end factory job, my buddies all left for college and I haven't seen them since we all graduated, I just work with these old people with no ambition and criminal records, and I just go home and play video games or gymcel after work. I started working to save up money for college, because im poor, but due to car expenses and my family having medical emergencies, I haven't saved up over 8k in 2 years. The other day I saw a job for a janitor at my old high school that had better pay and hours but... I couldn't deal with the shame of seeing all my old teachers there again. All of them always told me I was brilliant, and that I had a bright future. What do?

I was. But I couldn't brah. I wasn't eating as much as Rip wants me to though.

Finished my degree and have a job but still relate to this. There was a period where I wasn't doing shit with my life and was wasting away due to being depressed. That period has put me at least 2 years behind my peers, not even accounting for my social life.

>tfw 24 and still never had a gf

I also kept trying to put on more weights as with SS progression so I either stall or force it and tweak my lower back, which is perpetually injured.

>T. Projection
Get your defeatist attitude out of here. People are trying to make it. Some will, some won't. Piss off.

Lifting is all about forcing your body to do something that is extremely taxing to it, and then when it manages to do it, your force it even more.

You can't get scared of a heavy weight, go see your doctor and ask him if you can lift or not.

You are lifting wrong anyway

Stay strong, man. You have work experience, so you have an edge, but maybe do community college to ease up your thoughts on college costs. A lot of people want to go to a 4 year right away, but community college will help you take care of your general eds at a cheaper price. You'll have to put in the work, but at least you won't be in too much debt while progressing with your education.

I had constant pinching sensations in my sciatic nerve/lower back area for the first few months of training. It was nothing debilitating, and proper warmup helped a lot. You should NOT be skipping your powercleans--think of them as light deadlifts. But don't try to "loosen things up" with extra back work like back raises or excessive stretching. It's only going to add stress.

If you have warmup problems, literally buy a heat pad and wear it on the way to the gym. Or sit in a hot tub before lifting.

Learn to brace your core.
If 5lb jumps are too big for you (it's not, but if you can't overcome you're neurosis), buy some .5 kg plates online, and make ~2.5 lb jumps instead.

Also, pay for a round of online coaching, or pay for some coaching session at a SS gym if there's one near you. You need someone to check if your form has issues, and it could be causing you problems.

Buy squating shoes.

microsoft word art... not bad. its 1995 all over again

How do you get rid of the sciatic pinching? Every time I squat I feel it so I have to focus pushing with my left leg.

>It says here you need first hand experience to write something this detailed. Care to explain?

Attached: 1500044560923.png (786x524, 489K)

Can we stop with the anti-fitness threads on Jow Forums already? Literally how does this benefit a fitness board?

I use the gym at work and it's just a rack + bench + weights up to 120kg. Literally no one to turn to for spot/form watch and I just do everything myself. I do my warm ups with lower weights. Like 20kgx5 bench then 30kgx5 then my 42kg work reps, or my 30kg x5 DL then 60kg then 90kg work sets. The "gym" is literally 30 seconds walk away from my desk.

I'm also pretty sure I fucked up my lower back again today in my last rep of DL and it hurts constantly especially when I move.

I thank you for all your advice and will keep them in mind. But I'm prolly gonna take a month break and work on core strengthening in the meantime.

I'm probably eating too much junk calories and not getting enough sleep. I'm lucky to have 6 hours between work and children so I don't really have the time nor money to spend on a proper gym. Don't worry though. My progress may be slow but I'm not gonna give up. It may take me 5 years to get to 1/2/3/4 but I'll definitely get there.