Share stories

Attached: images.jpg (470x313, 13K)

>high school a few years back
>tell counselor I want to kill myself, thought of buying cyanide
>told me to sign this form to get institutionalized
>whatever, just go
>people there are legit crazy
>bunch of crackheads and mentally insane people
>some huge ass native american locked in a small box room who bashes his head on the glass occasionally and screams some demonic chant, literally looks like and is almost as big as The Great Khali from The Longest Yard, that huge dude who plays ping pong
>two people who look like chad and stacy are legit crazy and just stare at a wall all day
>only sane person is some old lady who just got herself in for free housing
>recreation time is 30 minutes
>weather channel constantly on, no TV
>no music, no books, no computers, just a big hall with chairs bolted to the floor
>outside is a basketball court with no basketballs
>80% of the time is staying in your room all day
>felt like I was losing my mind

Sad bump
It's lonely in here lads

Amerifat?
It's actually quite cozy here, mostly just weird friendly people who tried to off themselves

I dont get why people do this
If you feel life isnt worth living then kys, and if you feel it is worth living then why add another terrible experience to your life by getting committed to a psych ward. My father worked in a psych ward during the 70s and his stories are really shitty and sad.
Im go back and forth on wanting to kill myself but ik id only do it if i was 100% certain that was the best option. If my therapist ever tries to pressure me to institutionalize myself I will agree, then as soon as im home I will drive away and shoot myself. fuck getting locked up in a prison with no control over your life

Attached: 1513651732912.jpg (1242x1227, 301K)

Free drugs, free food, free room and an excuse to drop my college topics for this semester
I mean I would have preferred the noise to work but it's not a bad compromise

Noose*
Fuck auto correct

>free drugs
only the legal ones that they decide you should take
>free room and an excuse to drop my college topics for this semester
regular prison has this too

i dont understand using it as an excuse to drop out of real life for a short time because your life will only be worse if and when you get to leave. so why bother?

Attached: 1515288359712.jpg (1161x869, 334K)

Because as I discovered I'm too much of a pussy to hangmelf and thought of living was fucking terrifying so I went on the miniscule chance they might be able to help
If not they might give me enough drugs that make me apathetic enough to finish the job

When I was in the army I threaten to blow up my squad leader with a grenade during nade training because I was sick of him bullying me.

I was sent to the hospital and under close watch in the psych ward and had to talk to a dumbass therapist every morning and night. I said I wanted to kill myself and they deemed me unfit to serve.
After a month in the ward I stayed in a holding platoon for a few months before processing out of the army with a entry level other than honorable discharge.

The ward was really shitty and played a rotation of pixar movies all day in the common room. Breakfast lunch and dinner were the only things to look forward too and the doctors treated you like children.

Hang myself*
Fuck phones I miss my laptop

>Breakfast lunch and dinner were the only things to look forward to
And when they give out the drugs imo

what drugs are we talking here? are antipsychotics comfy or something?
Im a xanax addict and i dont really see why someone would really look forward to benzos, theyre very subtle.
so what drugs were they?

Honestly have no idea

Depends. I'm pretty sure they were giving me placebos, they do that in the military.

thats terrifying
they dont even let you know what drugs theyre giving you??

They told us I just don't remember or care

bumpeng

I felt suicidal once and started doing random shit, I got drunk in random bars, did really hard demanding physical jobs, stole a kid's skateboard, painted it pink, gave it back to him the next day. Would buy Yo-Yo's from the shop and give them to random kids on the street, chased a few cats, full sprint.
Going for a walk through nature was really fun.
After doing just whatever I wanted for about a month it cured not only my suicidal tendencies, but my depression.

>go to a mental ward
>wtf all the people here are crazy
I got sick of all the fags who were in the hospital for stupid shit and acted like they were better than me and my schizo friend.

Doesn't it fucking suck how wards are filled with pussies who whine about killing themselves, but could never actually do it?

Had a cyst that became so painful I couldn't sleep. Started hallucinating. Was taken to a nearby hospital, by then I was incoherent. Doctors put me in observation for a few days. One day I wake up in an ambulance being taken to a psychiatric facility. When I got there I was nude in a paper gown that had holes in it. The people in the ambulance didn't explain where I was and was dropped off. I wandered into a lobby, then someone in the lobby took me into a ward.

They gave me papers to sign. When I stopped to try to figure out what I was signing the nurse mocked me and acted like I was being a know it all laywer for trying to figure out what was happening.

After a few days I became coherent enough to ask for a doctor for the pain the cyst was causing.

Next day they led me in a room with a doctor that started to ask me diagnostic questions related to my mental health. I started crying and explained to him I was in a lot of physical pain from my cyst and couldn't sleep. He continued on asking me questions and ignored me. Later that day they forced me to take an anti psychotic and something else that made my ability to sleep worse and started to wake up perodically with my heart racing and gasping for breath. Whatever they gave me made my sleep quality worse and started to hallucinate more.

After about a week my cyst started to burst and the other patients would make fun of the fact I smelled like death as gallons of brown blood and puss would pore out of my body. I would wake up in a pool of blood all over my sheets and would leave blood trails over the ward. When I told one of the nurses about the blood she got annoyed and told me it was my responsibility to wash my sheets and to clean up all the blood trails.

After a couple of days the pain lessened and I was able to get more sleep and started to come back to reality and was able to communicate clearly that I no longer wanted to be there and was able to get my dad to get me out.

jesus christ man what the acutal fuck

My trip was a-ok. Even though I didn't get to experience full version of it, since I was only in observation ward with other sane people. Vast majority were in with overdose or recovering from addiction with only few suicidal pussies (only couple of them were whiny bitches, others were pretty cool working-class guys with unpayable debts and such) plus a couple of unique individuals that was in for various reasons including one doubtfully sane guy that wanted to forge diagnosis to increase his neetbux income. The only real downside is smoking limit, had to bribe nurses to get a balcony key so I can smoke whenever. Actual madmans are like a circus - fun at first but grow old and annoying real fucking fast. You had to be real patient person to work as a nurse there. Gladly our wards were separate so real loud retards didn't disturb our sleep as much. Once or twice a day anyone relatively stable get to walk in a park outside for like an hour or two. Even met a couple of cute girls there, too bad they're mental.
I don't know what else to tell. Ask away.

Attached: karateka.gif (328x272, 261K)

I almost died when I was put in one back in 2007. I dropped down to 93 pounds.

why didn't you eat, user

Attached: 1502149250188.gif (360x200, 1.3M)

I kept getting sick the times I did try and majority of the time I was thrown into "the room" where they kept me strapped on a slab with a bedpan with this flickering light that made me want to bash my brains in.

For a person to be in straitjacket they must be really fucking crazy

>Finally had myself commuted
Bullshit the first thing they do is cut you off from the real world.

Attached: 400px-steve_buscemi_2009_portrait.jpg (584x458, 81K)

been there, done that, got needled
too apathetic, too tired, too crazy to write it up
that shit's wack, don't fucks with it
i will never go back, i will kill if they try

>For a person to be in straitjacket they must be really fucking crazy
Are they still being used? I've never actually seen one. When people do crazy shit nurses just strap them to a bed and call for a doc to inject chill drugs.
I guess they can be used on impulsive ones, but they're medicated 24/7 anyway.

Antipsychotics are !!!NOT!!! comfy