Fitbits

do i buy a Jow Forumsbit?

If you don't know what a Fitbit is, it tracks your TDEE, sleep cycles and some other things.
I've been thinking about getting one but they are kind of expensive. I've been looking to track my TDEE a bit better, also wanting to track my sleeping habits as I work overnights and it can be a bitch to get good rest.

Anyone have experience with them?
Are you sastisfied?

Attached: 81cp0NTn-EL._SY450_.jpg (349x450, 18K)

I have MiBand 2 or whatever its name is and its TDEE measurement is shit: it uses an algorithm based on your steps and distances you walked and such, so if you just stay in the gym the whole day and don't really move topographically it will tell you that you've burned some 90 meme calories. Otherwise the device is alright.

I love mine just for the heartrate monitor more than anything. Pretty handy and actually very accurate. The steps is nice too just to ensure I am being active enough each day.

The total calories burned is always off because it overestimates how much you are burning usually. BUT if you know that your fitbit always reads 15% higher than what you burn, it is still a good way to estimate how much you are burning.

All in all, I like it more than I thought I would.

Fitbit aren't super accurate when tracking tdee. Some days mine will tell me I've burned 3,000 on days that I didn't lift and walked like 5 miles. I'm a skinny fat manlet too so that's a lot higher than it should be.

Sleep cycles it tracks well though. If you're really interested in that it will be a decent investment.

The Bluetooth is okay in it. Mine is supposed to be able to control audio/music on my phone but it doesn't always work or hookup with my phone.

It does remind me to move and drink water every hour though so that's nice when I'm at work and have been sitting in front of the computer for hours.

Overall it is kind of cool. Has a couple neat gimicky little functions that's I enjoy. If you have a couple extra bucks I think it's cool for a while.

To get it cheaper, buy a used one in good shape online and then contact Fitbit customer support and say you lost your paperwork but you bought it recently and it stopped working. They'll troubleshoot it with you for a bit and then eventually send you a brand new one.

Garmin makes trackers that are half the price on eBay, new. Reviews seem pretty good.

Bump

I have the Charge 2. I enjoy it. I cycle and run allot so it works great with connecting with Strava. It's not very accurate when cold and running around the gym track though. I have a friend that works for fitbit and got a nice discount so decided to try it. I've been impressed with it thus far.

The calorie tracker also is ( 0 )( 0 . ). It makes it easy for lazy people like me.

Thanks anons I'll probably get one sooner or later

>fap
>says I burned 4000 calories
gettin shredded

Almost all of the information it gives you, you don't even need. You don't need to know how many steps you have walked, you don't need to know what your heart rate is unless you have a heart condition or are old (over 30), you don't need to know how much distance you've walked.

I have used one before and in the end just stuck with a casio f91w, since it's more comfortable on my wrist and has all the features I need - it tells what time it is and has a stopwatch for when I want to keep my time between sets not too long

Attached: Casio_F-91w-feature.jpg (3000x1987, 904K)

Don't need to know your heart rate? This guy is a confirmed retarded faggot. Don't listen to this guy, heart rate monitoring is key to any training, unless you want to be a bloatmax with no cardio.

Attached: pepewhatev.jpg (618x597, 144K)

>do i buy a Jow Forumsbit?
No. They're shit, and they invade your privacy by collecting personally-idenifiable information about you and your life. Don't buy one.

You can feel when your heart is racing. You don't need exact numbers

If you need a fitbit to tell you if your cardio is working, you might need a new form of cardio.

I'll accept that the fitbit sucks compared to say a chest HRM, etc but there is zero chance your going to know the differance between 120 vs 135. Cycling HRM is key to not blowing yourself out, and knowing your HR zones are key to any sort of racing or endurance sports because if you go over certain thresholds lactic acid spikes quickly when HR is at 140 vs 128 and kills you. Knowing HR Zones is about efficiency. The whole point of HRM is to keep you in Tempo or Aerobic threshold without tipping into anaerobic. You need to know HR zones and slowly build up from bottom up if your going to do more than a 5k run or 10 mile bike ride. Granted 90% of people donj't need it but if you want to get the most out of your training then it's not bad to train HR Zones.

underrated

My ex had one, it really underestimated steps, calories burned, along with other stuff,

Basically it was generally inaccurate

I have the Fitbit blaze it faggot. Good for tracking HR when I'm doing workouts, I like to tell it what I'm doing just as a tracker. Having a HR monitor helps a lot if you're trying to do cardio, you can tell if what you're on (bike, treadmill, run, elliptical, etc) and has some basic workouts n shit.

Other than that that is all I can for, has a stop watch and timer but that's anywhere anymore. The only bitching I have is the battery sometimes lasts 4-5 days then other times it's like 2 days, very inconsistent and you have to take it out of the watch band to charge it.

You don't really need one, but it motivates me to workout because I dropped $150 on it.

What's the most /fa/ fitbit? I have no fashion sense so I assume the most expensive one.

Attached: pope.jpg (633x973, 202K)

Love mine, but I'm also super into data & analytics. I say get it. You don't know how much you actually wanted it until you have one.

>fap
>says I went 10 miles
Gotta remember to switch arms.