WATER FAST UPDATE (second week)

Hey, I originally posted 2 weeks ago saying that I was going to do a water fast again I posted Last week to report my results and today I will be doing the same.

This Morning I weighed in at 81.1kg So I lost 3.2kg from last week. In total since the beginning of the 2 week water fast I have lost 8.9kg.... IN 2 WEEKS (I was 90kg).

I have decided to do an additional week and complete a 21 day water fast.

Attached: watttter.jpg (1000x636, 91K)

If you're going to attentionwhore at least post pics.

fuck is a water fast? sounds like you literally only consume water

Ya, you only drink water. thats it.

wouldnt you lose heaps of muscle tho

keep it up user, without artificial help fasting can be very difficult. good discipline
really depends on how much OP is using his energy stores, if he was doing anaerobic exercise he would probably have a muscular deficit, but with enough fat just the metabolism/regulation of body temperature without too much aerobic activity would probably only lose him 0.5 - 1 pound of muscle in two weeks. Lethargy and no use of muscle while fasting causes rapid muscle loss.

Thank you. As soon as you hit ketoses it gets easy.

Also I think iv lost more muscle than that, Im diabetic so weight loss is a bit strange. Even tho Iv lost all this weight my mid section is still really huge.

How many days into the fast did you feel terrible? Which day did you feel fine again? What are your workouts like?

Good luck user I'm going to try and start a several week fast as of today.

For me the first 4-5 days were bad then it was easy from then.

Nice job!
Did you use anything like the snakejuice from /fast/ or just pure water?

(Posting in here because posting in the /fast/ general closed)

Folks, please help guide me.

Six years ago during my freshman year of college, instead of gaining 15 pounds, I lost 45 and got in the best shape of my life thanks to the guidance of Jow Forums. I posted better max lifts than I ever did during four years of varsity football, went from 235 to 185 lbs. at 6’0”, and felt better about myself than I ever had in my life. However, my progress didn’t translate into creating a sex life for me like I hoped it would, and I eventually stopped caring as my priorities shifted and I started looking for a job. Now I’m back to 240 and I need help getting back to where I was.

I think given my current situation and the fact that I want to be leanfit as opposed to bulkyfit, fasting is the best way for me to go. What advice would you give to someone like myself that’s just starting out? What kind of a plan should I be looking to follow in the short term?

Also, I work for a bank and have some disposable income, so I’ll be able to start putting some of my food budget towards sups other than potassium and sodium (I know they’re not really sups but w/e). Anything you would recommend for a fast? I figured fiber would help a lot and I’m probably deficient anyway, but open to other suggestions.

I plan on reading more of the stuff at the top of the general thread later when I’m not at work, but any advice is truly appreciated. Thank you.

What were your stats before and after?

I'm starting my first fast, and I'm going to document/journal everything. So in a few weeks keep on the lookout for it. Stick around the /fast/ general since I'll talk about it there.

I bought pure KCL off of ebay. And I have regular Morton's table salt for NaCl. Don't buy in to the bullshit about "organic" salts or anything. Your body needs sodium and potassium. The chloride will get pulled off with water, and your body will be left with the molecules it needs. It doesn't matter if the sodium is from the ocean, a factory, or the Himalayas; it's just sodium. 15 dollars should get you months and months of salts.

Make sure you drink a lot of water. Tap water in the USA is perfectly fine. There are plenty of trace chemicals, but they won't affect your fast. Think about molar concentration from chemistry.

take a multivitamin every now and then so you don't get scurvy, or some other weird condition. A lot of people don't, but I wouldn't chance it. Take a fish oil at the same time if you're worried about absorption.

If you want fiber, take psyllium husk.

Also, make sure and workout a lot on your fast, so that your muscles don't go away.

A lot of people on Jow Forums are talking about snakejuice all the time. I watched the videos and it's literally a guy that doesn't know what he's talking about. He may have a great way to lose weight, and he may be accidentally right, but don't fall for it like every other fad and self proclaimed expert. Take it with a grain of salt. He is right about needing potassium and sodium, but all of his other pseudo science he makes up by taking single examples and extrapolating, or making shit up. You can, and should, drink more water than he is telling you to. Ask any fucking doctor. I honestly don't know if Jow Forums is just meming about it, or taking it serious, but watch out. Watch out anytime someone says "toxins", or "organic".

>Watch out anytime someone says "toxins", or "organic"

Perfect.

No, just mineral water.

I would say the most important bit to fasting is your feelings...I know that sounds gay but previous to this I was bingeing for years and I had diabetes...not good. My dick stopped working A couple of months ago and I was like fuck, I researched methods to fix it and what came up was water fasting, that is why Im doing a water fast essentially is to fix my dick. I WANT MY DICK BACK TO NORMAL thats why im doing this crazy shit.

But only during this water fast I realize that I can eat healthy and get fit...Its probably because now that every time I smell high calorie dense foods I feel like vomiting.

I use fasting to kick my body into ketosis and then do intermittent fasting or even omad.

I haven't done it over a year, but when I did do it I dropped 10 lbs(mostly water) and was able to keep 5 pounds off a month after even without really watching my diet.

Few tips and things I learned:

1)Drain sugar out of your diet leading up to it. Sugar cravings can get intense, so the sooner you're able to wean yourself.
2) get some sleeping pills or tablets if you're going to use coffee as an appetite suppressant. I had crazy energy spikes and along with the caffeine I had a tough time sleeping.
I was s getting 6 hours of sleep and felt amazing, but falling asleep was tough.

3) hydrate, sodium and potassium. Get electrolytes into your body.

4) dont tell anyone you're fasting. People will give you endless amounts of shit about it.
Tell them you're stomach is getting over food poisoning or you had the flu and just have no appetite. It's better than sitting through the horseshit from people gets tedious and annoyinf af.

5) have a referee plan. After my fast(4 days) I binged more than I had expected. Despite this I still was in a net negative of 5 pounds but I'd have a better plan doing it again.

Have a lot of starchy vegetables to fill you up, eat high protein and no carbs to keep you in ketosis.

Good luck. It's a trip. But fun if you enjoy it what for what it's worth, which is a challenge.to rest your mind and willpower.

Thanks to all of you, how would you recommend going about working out? I’ve tried running on empty stomachs before and it never lasts very long or feels very productive, even when I was in better shape.

Interesting you bring up coffee because I actually have a free Starbucks machine in the resident lounge of my apartment building, hadn’t considered coffee as an appetite suppressant. Since it’s free and I drink a cup of it before work every day anyway, think I should pursue it? I actually fall asleep on my pillowtop mattress way too easily as it is so I doubt I’ll have sleeping issues provided I don’t drink it after sundown.

take some salt if your dizzy

Yes, coffee helped me get through my first fast which lasted just over 3 days. Along with the odd energy spikes j had trouble getting to bed at a reasonable hour.

As far as the gym, it depends on your body and goals. If you want to preserve muscle, heavy lifting will slow down and catabolic degradation to your muscle.

If your looking to burn fat, cardio and HIIT would work.

Keep in mind you will feel fatigue at some point. As sugar drains out of your body so will glycogen, which is the way your body fuels itself currently and is stored in your muscle.

Eventually ketones will take over and help you burn fat for energy instead, but until your body fully adjusts, which can says or weeks, you will go through a process where your energy and focus will dip.

Once you get past that, your body will be burning fat for fuel as long as you dont eat carbs, sugar etc and break keto.

To check your body to see if its in keto get keto strips. They're not expensive and you can get them at your local pharmacy.

People that starve themselves on purpose are fucking retarded. Eat like picrelated and you won't have to do this.

Attached: image (1).jpg (673x488, 139K)

Wow, there is a LOT of your doo doo on my penis. You feelin' okay, bro?

"There is my doo doo on your penis" ?
The fuck is that supposed to mean? That lack of food and nutrients is making you lose your mind bro. C'mon, eat something

Think about it. How would your doo doo get on my penis? I'll give you a hint: my penis was erect when it happened.

>t. fatcel

I don't recall taking a shit on some stranger on the internet's penis. Again that lack of calories is making you delirious dipshit.

I'm not a fatcel. I eat a lot and workout a lot. I'm not weak you fasting fucks

Attached: 12633590_10153783447226068_963694056983680932_o (1).jpg (1080x1080, 153K)

I do eat like that, it's great and recommended for sure but fasting also triggers autophagy, spurs brain growth, and may even reduce risks of certain cancers.

Also, it's a nice shortcut to Keto and a good way to train your own willpower and learn how to use discipline in your diet on a day to day basis.

Oh boy, he needs another hint. Umm... the shit wasn't exactly shat when it got on my penis. Like you know how it's called magma before the volcano erupts and then afterwards it's called lava? When your shit got on my penis, it was still magma.

missing the olive oil and whole grains (oats, whole wheat, barley, brown rice) and dairy- both in moderation. otherwise basically ideal

Stop for your own sake bro

>posting pictures of “yourself” and doing the lift-equivalent of virtue-signaling in an anonymous thread about advice that doesn’t apply to you
>in the middle of a work day

kill yourself immediately pls