What did your father teach you about lifting?

What did your father teach you about lifting?

Attached: 649505-father-holding-rifle.jpg (650x366, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gFqdBwwDA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally word for word,

(When I was 7)

“When you are older you will remember this and understand what I mean, think with the head on your shoulders, not with that one down there. Pull out and skeet on her stomach don’t be an idiot.”

This is the only thing my father taught me at age 5
Push ups then shower

based

Join a sport son, but make sure you like the sport. Ended up wrestling and in band because I loved both. I’m very grateful to my parents for supporting my trombone autism

n-o-t-h-i-n-g :-)

That picture makes me want to have children

My dad didn't want me. My entire life he just watched tv and drank.

Same

I remember being 7 and seeing the weights in the floor.

Didn't matter how much I tried, I could never pick them up.

I always thought he was the strongest man in the world because he could pick them up.

Attached: 1521994324634.jpg (552x760, 46K)

My dad bought me a home gym when I was in highschool and spotted me in squatting and taught me how to DL.

So yeah, I guess you can say my dad wasn't a deadbeat alcoholic like the rest of Jow Forums's father's

my dad died when i was like 7 you insensitive asshole thanks for making me remember

Perhaps he could not bare having such a pussy for son

My father made my brother and I lift weights when we were teenagers. He would say something along the lines of:

"I dont want you and your brother to be a couple of limp-wristed faggots when you grow up"

Thanks dad.

now that i think about it i'm sure he got hit by that truck on purpose u right

>at 5yo
"Son, i did not put you in this world to be anyone's sandbag, now i'm not telling you to go around starting fights, but if someone hits you, you hit back till they regret it, i'll deal with the consequences latter"

I was only bullied once in my life when i was 10, and only got into that one fight where i broke the kids's front teeth. Everyone was scolding me while my dad was quiet, he paid for the kids dentist and took shit from his parents, then on our way home he asked me what happened, and said he was proud of me for following his words.

pity he's a cardio fag tho

my dad thinks lifting is destructive. hes pretty strong even tho he never lifts. taught me to wrestle tho

my father was a businesscel

he only ever enjoyed swimming and had a pretty slim DYEL frame (now he's on the dadbod permabulk)

at least he has a lot of real estate which keeps his wallet juicy and a godtier watch collection to make up for it

my dad is a good guy but fat as hell. i didn’t learn anything from him fitnesswise and thats why i was so fat when i was a kid. i was exposed to exercise when i moved to the US. unironically i used to think that steroids were the only way to build muscle.

he lift our family when I was young
didn't really learn much from it

My dad made me play sports I hated and took me outdoors but taught me nothing about actual fitness and training and what it really takes to compete.

my dad gave me some obvious tips on lifting when I started

>>/BLM/

"user you can only bench 220? At your age I was benching 300." Never fucking ending competition with him. I'm 4 inches taller and he never let's it go that he was smaller and stronger than me. 6'3 master race blanket btw.

I'm white though

My father taught me how to throw the barbell in the air and catch it on the way back down during bench presses (1pl8) and how to do proper dumbbell curls. Also, he taught me how to use a speed bag, which is my favorite gym toy.

Enroled me into karate when i was 7
"Accidently" made a broken swing perfect for pull ups when i was a teen

Tnx dad love you

Squats and lunges are bad for your knees
He used to squat 400lb for 20
Deadlifts are bad for your back
Compound warmups are pointless
Leaving the weight on the bar is someone else's problem
Curls for Earl

Nothing, he never lifted but was strong as fuck.

Nothing.

He's a liberal pussy.

My father always told me, that lifting is for stupid people, and I should focus rather on studies.

That there is no point going to the gym if you can make gains working.
Later I realized that as was only the case b/c we're poor

>lifts your whole family
>didnt learn anything from his strength
?

My dad said he was very fit in the military and could bench 300+ pounds. He also says squats are terrible for your joints and so is running. I just don't know what to believe.

>yeah son, i benched 300 at your age
pic related

Attached: 1446507721550.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

>Do all the reps you can until you feel like you cant do anymore...
>Then do two more.

I enjoyed that nugget of wisdom although it was not the best he has ever imparted on me. The best was when I was younger and I was eating like an asshole.

>"just because it's subway doesnt mean it's healthy."
>"B-but I put lettuce on it"
>"You can wrap a piece of shit in lettuce but you are still eating a piece of shit."

That one I harken back to all the time and smile.

Attached: 1520389441060.png (229x252, 26K)

>can't explain nutrition other than making poop jokes
hello first year

nothing

but we did and do farmwork together.
I was impressed with his strength back then.
Now hes pretty fit for a 59 year old that doesnt do any sport at all

he told me high reps low weight gives lean muscles and low reps high weight gives big muscles (different phrasing though)

Got his point across. Registered in my 13 year old head pretty well back then.

What do you have against poop jokes? They're good fun

He got morbidly obese between 30 and 40.
So, basically, everything I needed to know.

I was bullied by a girl in my class in grade 10 because a rumour spread about how small my penis was because I hadn’t had my growth spurt yet was only 5’2 so I tried to fight her but got shoved down. My father heard this and told me I should start going to the gym with him and learn mma unfortunately he also went to the girls house and beat the shit of her dad while she watched in a drunken rampage I guess the same thing happend to him as a kid. Oh well maybe when he’s out in a few years we can finally go

He taught me everything I know and I still learn from him

Attached: 7-36933-ware-on-april-16th-pocket-shrek-will-be-32063339.png (500x686, 183K)

Same. Too bad I'm still gay. Now I can beat the shit out of my dad after fucking my boyfriend's dick.

that girl is a bitch. how tall r u now?

Who do you think will end up in adult diapers first, you or him?

I was scared of my dad until college where I learned that adults and kids both just people.

Better to be absent then wrong

What he taught me about everything else:

Nothing. He just bought me some free weights from Sports Town.

Nothing at all.

As someone with an absent father, nope.
Not at all. Better to try your best and fuck up than to not try at all.
The void within burns, bro.

"Eat a lot of meat, get big shoulders and legs and don't hurt yourself. Don't worry about the girls, they will come when you finish school and have a good job"

Still follow his advice and it's turning out pretty well.

My dad is a scaffolder, so he’s naturally Jow Forums. He also does a ton of construction on the side, always helping his friends out. He just told me to stay away from steroids, but he was proud I finally started getting some gains. I’ve never planned to ever do steroids anyway, I mainly lift to avoid having my body break down due to inactivity. I’m a mechanical engineer so I sit at a desk all week.
Getting swole as well wouldn’t be bad desu.

>the whole world needs to be sensitive to my needs before i even express them.

Let me give your some fatherly advice since your pops never could:

Stand tall son. Keep your chin up and shoulders pressed down. Check your posture constantly until standing up straight becomes a habit. Walk with your foot steps slightly in front of you like a small strut and every so slightly move your shoulders when you move. Take your current pace you walk right now and half it immediately, check your pace and keep it slow you should have two paces, walking slow and running.

When you are walking towards a girl never change your path even if you are going to collide with her. When you make eye contact less than 20 ft away squint your eyes a little then give a smirk or a wink. If she smiles or laughs then you can ask her anything you want right then and there or go about your day knowing that you are wanted.

when i was 16-17 he told me ill never be able to do 4 pull ups. I guess it worked since now im 23 and i do 4 pull ups with 60kg attached

nothing, he actually tried to prevent me from doing that by saying "You are perfect just the way you are" when i was a skinny faggot.

Attached: 1518247611226.jpg (242x208, 6K)

Virtually nothing.

It's not gay if you were socks.
Always wear your socks.

Nothing.

Attached: 1446350679477.png (344x377, 9K)

user did your father touch your skele curves

Nothing. He used to do 3 minutes each of pushups and situps before we left the house to go anywhere. He told me 3 minutes was the ideal. He was a manlet and actually had a pretty jacked chest, but he did manual labor.

My dad just did yoga

«Your muscles will turn into fat as you grow old».

I was his 4th son, I know that he hoped for a daughter instead of me, yet I'm the most masculine of the family.

based

>what the actual fuck

Now you're a firm wristed faggot!

I'm sure your boyfriend appreciates it?

My father was a good man. He was patient and kind, but critical when he needed to be. He only ever beat me once. Once was all it took. And I deserved it. He always stressed the importance of team sports. The competition and the camaraderie. He taught me how to play baseball. How to hit, throw, catch. How to judge a fly ball. How to turn a double play. How to work a count. Always look fastball on the first pitch. Take it if it isn't what you're looking for. Baseball was always number one, but he made sure I was well rounded in many sports. He taught me to throw a spiral. How to shoot a basketball. How to putt. How to swim. How to fish. How to shoot a gun. How to ride a bike. How to drive a stickshift. He taught me basic carpentry and electrical. He taught me how to save and balance a checkbook.

I'm in my 30s now and my father has since passed away. I realize how crucial having a father figure was during those adolescent years, and I genuinely feel sorry for all these kids growing up in a single mother household. They don't stand a chance.

Mine was more into cardio, especially running

my pops never taught me technique, or routines or even diet really. He was classic east coast guinea lifter tho, and I always saw him lifting, working out, eating to stay big. I was compelled to start on my own because I wanted to be like him tho.

My father never taught me anything.

He got isekai'd and he is the hero of another world. He probably thinks about you everyday and wonders if you became a good man.

My father was such a fucking pathetic faggot I almost can't even believe it. The only thing he taught me was how to be a loser.

My dad never gave me and lifting advice but he told me to never get married

Nothing. My dad is a great guy and a great dad, but he's never exercised or done anything sporty in his life.

Nothing at all.
>You gonna get hurt

Random drunk men I've fund in the subway have taught me more things about life than my father, the only thing my father ever taught me was how to be a coward.

absolutely based

Attached: 1D4DAEEE-87A7-444A-B80D-D6360EE5A8BA.png (532x582, 410K)

He didn't.

He told my brother to eat pasta because it would help with developing muscle for his sport, and I just so happened to overhear it.

Attached: 1515945826233.jpg (1606x1584, 543K)

Dad was a marine in Vietnam. He setup a bench in the garage and gave me a notebook. Taught me bench press, overhead, and curls. Also lots of pushups and situps. He also made me take karate to learn how to stretch, and made me do long distance running. He also did these marine inspections of my room, and would yell and pretend he was a drill sergeant. We were generally laughing about it by the end. He's such a fucking badass, and I love him so much. It's hard to see him get old.

I asked him about a big belt that was hanging in the garage, he said it was his weightlifting belt. He said form was important. He always stressed that.

Damn my dad tried to give me "the talk" 4 yrs after I lost my virginity

>He's such a fucking badass
i-i hope my children will say something alike about me breh based dad

salute

He taught me nothing about fitness, he stood by while I got fat as a kid and auschwitz skinny as a teen. Now we can't hold a conversation or look each other in the eye. Wish I could say I'd raise my son better but no woman wants to procreate with me because I'm ugly and suffer from social anxiety/awkwardness.

Attached: 1512061137079.jpg (500x582, 39K)

Nothing, but he was strong.

Jesus

delet pls

Attached: 1506549495954.jpg (445x720, 80K)

I never really thought abour writing this but I need to went about my father a little. He never taught me to lift, he never encouraged me to do sports, he never really tried to bond or build a connection with me and I still find it hard to talk to him now. I do my best to speak with him now but it just ends in awkward silence where I don't even know what hobbies he has or what he uses his spare time for. The only thing I know is that he's very good with his hands, can work any kind of machinery and does a lot of renovation stuff in his house or property but is otherwise completely under the leash of my dominating mother.

I can only imagine what kind of proper man I would be if I would have gotten properly cared for, encouraged into sports/social activites and doing manly father-son activities when I was growing up. But I am my own man now, I don't need my parents to support or encourage me to go do my things and it perhaps made me strong in the end that I had to find all this out on my self.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gFqdBwwDA4

BASED

absolutely degenerate

Mine had to train with resistance bands and do core training because his back was fucked. I thought it was absolutely badass as a kid

My dad taught me how to do chinups. Installed a bar on my bedroom door. He was kind of dyel, but always in decent shape and had the manual laborer forearms with old man strength. He also made sure I did dead-hang chinups and not that pussy crossfit kipping shit you see today.

Attached: 1522166608020.jpg (750x852, 127K)

My dad told me that working out and lifting and shit is pointless, and the only true way to loss weight is to never eat carbs, ever.

Jesus fuck, man, do some substantial deconstruction of all the garbage in your brain.

hardly anything about lifting itself but he encouraged me to start and made sure i realised the impotance of fitness/sport from an early age.
whenever i was being a pussy he would always ask if i wanted to be a lion or a mouse and basically told me to get my shit together, fucking annoying at the time but im glad he did.

Farm fag here, too

Dad taught me all about lifting.
>lift that fencepost
>lift that bag of feed
>lift those hay bales
He's almost eighty now, and I still wouldn't want to have to fight him. I'd win, but he'd make me pay for it.