How to get clean water

Ive recently learned about all the nasty things that come out of tap-water: bacteria, contaminants, hormones, drugs and heavy minerals are just a few of the things you can expect to find in over 80% of tested tap-water.

I've read that Brita filters don't do much other than remove some copper and lead from your drinking water, bottled water and "spring" water can come from municipal sources so your just paying for tap water and also contains micro-plastics. Third party water filters can cost up to $500 and are just glorified Brita filters with extra steps.

What methods do you recommend for obtaining clean and healthy drinking water?

Attached: CleanWater.jpg (640x434, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5676322/
amazon.com/dp/B07315B1RG/ref=asc_df_B07315B1RG5433691/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395009&creativeASIN=B07315B1RG&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198095820169&hvpos=1o16&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4177932361663861549&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013528&hvtargid=pla-376954674691
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God already gave you two water filters. Anything you pee out is uncontabinated

If you're getting bacteria, hormones, or drugs in your tap water, call your city. This will be a HUGE issue for them, and they will fix it immediately. Literally the biggest issue in any city government, and they don't fuck around if there is a problem with the water. It get's carefully tested, often, and if there is a problem, I guarantee they will fix it quickly.

There is definitely chlorine in the water, which isn't great for you, but it's better than most water borne bacteria.

i had a few friends who drive to this spring water fountain an hour out of town and fill up gallon jugs in their car

it seemed a bit baffling, it tasted like normal water to me with the additional cost of driving there and storing water in a ton of containers

boil it then run it through a brita.

why hasn't flint, michigan though of this!? you're a genius!!!!

buddy of mine lives on family land with well water... any time they go out of town they bring a big ass water cooler full of their well water because they hate the taste of chlorine in city water. The ranch water tastes better, just because it doesn't taste/smell like chlorine or whatever else they put in city water

Filters aren't going to improve the mineral content of the water. Tap water has been stripped of minerals and won't hydrate as well.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5676322/

please move to Flint

order water delivery service. it's about $30/month for clean water, delivered.

Or to look at it another way: $30 to reduce the risk of dementia for yourself and/or autism and other neurological disorders in your kids.

Your friend is woke, tap water is garbage. It's fluoridated, chlorinated and pumped with anti-caking agent to keep the pipes clean.

ive bought a chemical water testing kit and fond that my water contained nothing more than a bit of chloride and fluoride , well below what we consider "dangerous"

honestly just be happy you don't live in Ghana where its a regular occurrence to drink chocolate brown water

you could always buy a water testing kit to get a better understanding of whats in your water that your ingesting every day but you cannot realistically filter out all the contaminants and any that pose a health risk are long dealt with by your municipal water filtration program

Attached: jedane-102569_1920-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 144K)

>hormones
You need reverse osmosis for that
Gl

> tfw living in the Netherlands which has cleanest tap water in the world

FeelsGoodMan

Attached: cheers.png (500x281, 188K)

my family actually ordered a reverse osmosis machine for water filtration

costed $400 and was a pain to setup, also takes up as much space as 3 microwaves....

but god DAMN that water is fresh - F.R.E.S.H

Attached: white-ispring-reverse-osmosis-systems-rcc7-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

>Americans can't even get clean tap water in their third world shithole.

hey buddy, I'll have you know we pay top dollar for this shithole, so that's got to account for something r-right?

Zero Water.

Bought a tank year or two back. Water is clear and clean. They even give you a sensor to test water sources to confirm how clean it is.

amazon.com/dp/B07315B1RG/ref=asc_df_B07315B1RG5433691/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395009&creativeASIN=B07315B1RG&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198095820169&hvpos=1o16&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4177932361663861549&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013528&hvtargid=pla-376954674691

i sincerely regret my family's choice to move to America 20 years ago

huge mistake , literally nothing of value

damn movies man mess with peoples common sense

honestly every part of the world has something wrong with it

>hormones, drugs
Don't wash them down the toilet or threw them on the ground or feed it to your cattle.

Jow Forums thoughts on wayne? lifting approved?

Attached: 20180409_151500.jpg (1080x2132, 378K)

You pick a well known example of a huge fuckup to try and prove that everyone else is the same? Flint is literally famous because it's different. OP may live in Flint, but most people don't so I assumed he might live somewhere else. I used to work as a city engineer, and I looked at reports daily from the water department. They have a goddamn chemistry building, and multiple chemists run multiple tests independantly. The water distribution system is pressurized PVC, which doesn't react with the neutral water and the few additional particles in it. If there is a leak, it will be caught within a month, but no contaminants can get into the system because of the internal pressure.

It's not perfect, but veritably over 99.9% of all municipal tap water in over 99% of American cities is free of bacteria, hormones, and drugs. You can go buy a children's chemistry set from amazon, a Bunsen burner, a general chemistry and an organic chemistry book, and verify that your tap water doesn't have any of that shit.

where did they move from?

Grew up drinking well water, all tap tastes the same to me

there's only one way
you have to drink nothing but milk

Russia :(

fuck my bad meant to thread

>3rd world nigger town with lead pipes represents the most developed nation on earth.

Attached: 1506710458617.png (645x729, 82K)

not the user you're referring to, but it's actually common knowledge that there are many places in the US with dangerous water.

Just use your brain: sure the municipal source is clean, but how many miles of corroded pipes with lead/asbestos are there that supply your home?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.17.47 PM.png (2446x708, 228K)

>implying
How the fuck roasties gonna keep their pregnancies in check?
And they need to piss somewhere....
Tfw big pharma is killing masculinity

I'm just saying not all cities give a shit.

sometimes i imagine the millions of people pissing all their drugs,cocaine,mdma, birth control and hormonal pills into our water supply

really sucks having to share drinking water with 7 billion people FUCK

Attached: 1426876879898.gif (500x115, 224K)

Lead pipes are no problem if you know about them and keep the water flowing.

That's a perfectly fair point. Water tests are a matter of public record though, so if OP is scared of bad tap water, he should check to see if it's bad, before making an unsubstantiated claim that it is.

russia>usa?

Prolly bullshit but if you're really serious distilling is the only accessible way to get "pure water" but you also miss out on important minerals...

Attached: Waster Distiller.jpg (350x402, 23K)

distilled water is terrible for you. not only do you not get anything out of it due to your body not being able to use it, it's bad for your bones because it strips calcium away from your body.
OP dont even think about distilled water

Live in Sweden

Just add the minerals back from a clean source

then why bother with distilled? your body cant use it efficiently because it's acidic and not alkaline.

there's a portable reverse osmosis filter on amazon for like two hundred

>Costed

Attached: 1510026912606.jpg (971x565, 141K)

No.

>ifonlyyouknew.jpg