Why do I love sweets so much? I think I have a sugar addiction...

Why do I love sweets so much? I think I have a sugar addiction, I cannot stay a single day without eating something with loads of sugar, a candy bar, icecream, I don't know. Sometimes I binge eat a ton of sugar at once with soda and shit and totally ruin any plan to eat well, making me progress so much more slowly.

But why the fuck is that? What is my body telling me when I feel the need to intake sugar? Besides just shutting my mouth, is there something I should know to get over this? Are there any substitutes or complimentary foods I could look for or avoid?

Also, what are the dangers of taking too much sugar (at once for example, or through lifetime)?

Attached: 1387320839465.jpg (800x583, 95K)

bump

>Why do I love sweets so much?
evolution

Fuck evolution, how do i get back then

Unironically fast to regulate your insulin.

How are you mentally?

Also do you lift a lot?

I was skinny/fat and legit could not stop eating carbs. As soon as I was lifting heavy all I wanted was protein.

I think i may have done this on accident when i was starving myself as a kid LOL

I haven't had cravings for sugar/junk foods since I was 15, 4 years ago. Oddly enough counting calories is what did it, I said I could eat what ever I wanted as long as it fitted my calories but I always choosed healthy food, haven't tasted ice cream in years. I don't have cravings anymore because I don't want to have cravings, I have a stronger desire to eat healthy foods to be fit and healthy and eat junk

*than eat junk

Willpower. Do you want to make it? Put down the fucking garbage food retard. Are you that much of a beta soyim that you cannot even control your actions?

>How are you mentally?
Kind of depressed but I've been much much worse. This is something that goes way back to childhood though, I was always a fan of sweets, in good and bad times, lifting and not lifting.

>Also do you lift a lot?
Not really, I moved in December and haven't bothered to find a gym here. I want to get back to it though, that's why I'm back to Jow Forums. Maybe you are right because I do remember wanting more protein when I lifted, it sure may help me out.

Did you start lifting at that age too?

I can bro, I'll just do it eventually. But some things are harder than others, just like some people can go without sweets easily but are lazy fucks for training.

I wonder if there is something special to my case or something that I can do. For example, should I go for fruits to substitute the sugar? Is drinking water the key to all this? Does it mean I have low blood pressure or something when I really want sweet foods?

about the sametime

I only ask because typically anxious/depressed people use sugar as a means of making themselves feel good.

I'd definitely recommend adding more fat/protein to you're diet, especially around breakfast. Keep the sweets out of the house if at all possible. If they're not their you can't eat them.

Then definitely get into lifting heavy.

>Does it mean I have low blood pressure or something when I really want sweet foods?

You mean low blood sugar levels and no. Unless you've actually been tested for diabetes and it comes back positive.

Genuinely curious though, but how does it work to regulate my insulin? I don't think I know how insulin works anyway.

How do I do this fasting thing though?

Yeah, that sounds like me.

I'll take your advice. Thank you user.

>What is my body telling me when I feel the need to intake sugar?
To eat some fruit you stupid fucking fat fuck

to elaborate, I started to and still do view all food simply as fuel, a collection of macros and micros,

I used to be exactly like you. Anything bad would happen I would binge of sweets. Then I wouldn't be able to stop. They are made to be addictive, and once your blood sugar drops your body tells you you need more.

What you have to do is eat zero junk food or sugar food for about 6-10 days. Once at this point, you will have no physiological craving for shit food. Believe me, I've done so many times.

The difficult part is mastering the psychological. I am bipolar, and as soon as I would swing to depressed, I would medicate with junk food. Then I would binge. When I took some bipolar the meds I needed , I would never have crazy depressed lows, therefor never need that sugar high I was used to getting. I don't know what your trigger is, but get over the physcological aspect someone , see a shrink or psychiatrist I'd need be. Realize that you are in control of you own actions.

That's literally not how it works at all you spastic fuck.

Thanks man, I'll force myself to stay completely away from it for a while and see how I feel. And it's definitely psychological as well, true.

Try not to think about it as 'okay I CANNOT eat this food ' people generally want what they can't have which may make yout stumble. Try to forget about it altogether. fill your head with other healthy things like friends or work or uni, and you will be rid of it. Good job user i am proud of you.

Is it possible to have diabetes and not know?

No theres a ton of symptoms.