Plg - powerlifting general

Plg

Attached: f1685ppv2xq01.jpg (574x720, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFg6qij4gkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_-SQLiwJdeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its you. Its you who ruins this general.

Projection

>facebook filename
Fuck off back to that shithole.

Attached: 81199894.jpg (635x466, 175K)

>posted this right as the new thread gets started, let's see what happens:

Can someone's physical build prevent them from carrying out certain lifts?

I have an incredibly long torso and wide hips, making conventional deadlifts and ATG squats practically impossible.

While I recognize that I need to work on flexibility, it seems I am destined for wide stance, low bar squats and sumo meme deadlifts.

Is this fair?

Ah yes, night time, just like morning, the only other time of day where I'm insufferably tired but can't sleep.

Attached: 1502713170522.jpg (960x960, 75K)

is the ability to DL well correlated with how bentover someone squats

i mean that if you squat bentover a lot your DL will be great too? Doesnt seem to be that way for very upright squatters

3 examples i can think of tom martin pollack and jess norris

I'd only imagine if it does, its a negligible effect and their are more important bio mechanical factors to consider.

Well yes, if you're crippled and deformed it can obviously inhibit your ability to lift weights. If you're otherwise unhealthy, its all game. You might find it a struggled to squat and deadlift with proficient form, but everyone does, it just comes with time and practise.

If you squat 3x a week for several years, you're gonna eventually learn how to squat ya know? From there it's just a decade of small adjustments, depending on how frequently you squat. (Over training can harm your form as much as under training I guess it goes without saying)

>While I recognize that I need to work on flexibility, it seems I am destined for wide stance, low bar squats and sumo meme deadlifts.
Lift to get stronger. Nobody is going to criticize you if you got 700 pounds on the Trap bar deadlift.

>Is this fair?
Who gives a shit if it's fair or not. Not everybody gets to do exactly what they want all the time.

I meant "fair" as in "is it fair to believe that physical traits benefit and deter certain styles of lifting?"

But I do agree, sometimes one can get enveloped in internet meme culture to a point where they are fearful of straying from that mindset.

Long torso and wide hips sound good for conventional.

Why would long torso be good for conventional? Or even sumo? It's terrible for anything where you pick stuff up from the ground.

I don't see why longer torso shorter legs would necessitate wide stance low bar.

Myyyy nigga

Large bone structure, more muscle mass, big thicker stronger nucier back. Wtf sounds pretty good to me.

shorter moment arm between your pelvis and the bar?
total height kills deadlifts, not long torso.

>Nobody is going to criticize you if you got 700 pounds on the Trap bar deadlift.
except for Jow Forums

long torso, shorter femurs = more upright starting position

however, long torso, shorter femurs usually comes as a package deal with shorter arms, which hurt your start position

so overall it's a wash

I love bench. I want to marry the bench.

>except for Jow Forums
I found your problem. It's not your body. It's your mind. You are a mental GDE.

The bench is cute. Good taste man.

i'm not the guy who asked the question, jim larper

a brainlet and an incel, imagine that

My torso and arms are practically the same length, meaning I can't use monkey arms to conventional deadlift the bar.

Using sumo allows me to get a close, leveraged grasp onto the bar, getting my long legs out of the way and to use them as strong foundations.

I pulled sumo when I went through a sexuality crisis

yes, if it's extreme enough (probably not anyone in this thread)

if your femurs are super long and your arms are short, you are never going to perform a conventional deadlift without lumbar flexion because there's no way you have enough hip flexion rom and that extra ROM has to come from somewhere

if your femurs are super long and your tibias are super short, it is physically impossible to squat to depth without just falling over like a retard

if your forearms are just stupid long and your torso is short and thin, you'll never be able to perform a proper bench press

That's gr8, m8, you should probably pull sumo then.

I did some defecit sumo deadlifts for a couple weeks and they seemed to improve my conventional

Don't close yourself off from variety guys

My body is nice and long and my arms pick up the bar nicely :)

tfw lanklet with manlet arms

literally BUILT for benching

>I did some defecit sumo deadlifts
>Don't close yourself off from variety guys

Quit trying to rape men with gayness.

I squat high bar and I don't care who knows it!!!

I just want to open up my window and yell I raise my heels on the bench and I don't care who know!!!

Uhh no sweetie, that's a manlet with turbo manlet arms.

>crossfit faggot doing meme workout next to the squat rack
>squat right next to them
>MOGGED.COM
>they move away
>overhear them whispering that I'm chubby

cope

Attached: 1517892345901.jpg (1200x1200, 128K)

I once rode past a crossfit building and they were having a barbeque and I watched as dozens of kids were swinging on the bars and Olympic rings and all that and running around the busy gym

Something doesn't sit right with me about those people

Fuck I'm gay

Attached: 1523320235890.jpg (540x720, 78K)

would suck a cock if my gf wouldn't find out and the guy died afterward so he couldn't tell anyone

>deadlifting without a belt

Attached: deadlift.webm (690x388, 530K)

Attached: c5f.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

We know

Attached: 1460312459332.jpg (478x478, 47K)

i do all my deadlift training beltless. DL with a belt feels weird af, even a 3 inch one

Tom Martin looks like he's about to fall over and die after every set

Attached: unnamed (4).png (420x350, 62K)

He is.

I've started implementing the 100 goblet squats meme and my squat and lower body in general haven't felt better in months lads. I toss it in on my deadlift day (Wed) and do squats Mon, poz skwats Fri, squats are feeling fluid and natural in a way they haven't ever before.

Tl;ldr you're not too good for simple training with light loads.

ttldr fuck you pay me have sex

what's the benefit of doing these? is it a mobility thing?

Mobility, repetition of a good pattern, a quad/glute/t-spine pump, yeah.

thanks, will keep this in mind

Powerlifting foot fungus. The last thing you want at your powerlifting meet is somebody's foot fungus.

But that might just be what you get.

I like told you to do this like last year

Odds I sleep for the few hours I can, evens I caffeine up and tough it our.

Thank god 6 is an odd number, I'm so fucking tired.

How do you know when your pec is gonna tear?

Impossible to tell. Your best indicator is when your chest is incredibly tight, but just do some dumbbell flies and you'll be alright lol.

Lol just wear a shoe.

He's not even that strong is he just gde trying to cope with shitton of roids.

Projection

Hi Tom.

Hi

This! if Tom came to my gym and saw 400kg raw squatters he'd know he's weak

so im seeing this dl with a 6sec eccentric as a new meme by RTS

how would i incorporatw this

Maybe ask rts guys you dum dum.

bryce from calgary barbell is doing the same

this is me. Im a 6'1 femur cuck. I physically can't conventional deadlift with flexing my lumbar spine.

Attached: 1521146684982.png (205x246, 5K)

someone with long arms would also get the same benefit

stop coping plenty of short armed dudes DLing a lot conventional

hes coached by rts

couple of trips here do rts

Tom outtotals dan by about 40kg...

is that becuz tom deadlifts 90kg more

youtube.com/watch?v=fFg6qij4gkQ

13:25

just look at how insanely long her legs are relation to her body. if she can dl 180kg at 70kg bodyweight you should be doing way more at least as a guy

Lol there is para powerlifting in commonwealth games.

So, let's pretend I choose to do Smolov jr for squat, should I not deadlift at all during that time?

> think I've improved by shitloads
>do meet after 1 year
> total up from 472.5 to 547.5 @ 90
I'm going to join the I want to die autist

I think someone that weighed roughly 55kg opened with a 211 bench. If that's the one I'm thinking of.

That's good though..
Not everyone is world-class.

I'm lifting with albeit heavier but old guys that are btfoing me oh well it's a good wake up call to work harder

>Smolov jr
good way to burn out and get injured

That's not what he was asking you fucking faggot. Just because you are such a fucking GDE soyboy that cannot complete one of the best programs out there doesn't mean that everybody is

>he
that was you

>fucking faggot
projection

>ust because you are such a fucking GDE soyboy
2 projections

>that cannot complete one of the best programs
cope

I just wanted to know since they don't make it clear in the program website whether to skip diddlydoodles entirely for the course of the program. Because then I will do something else, since I can't afford to invest that much in my squat when my diddly needs help as well.

Attached: pls be nice to eachother.png (1186x466, 19K)

smolov was designed for roidaroo olylifters who needed to bring their squat up

I see. I will enter the world of self-programming then.

programming is a joke dude

How so?

Building on top of what this guy said
I'm wondering about switching to Sumo after I tried it the other day and noticed I might have good proportions for it, since the ROM seemed considerably shorter than conventional and my arms felt like they reached super low

I found pic related on elitefts a while back, the article is from 2011 and based on a study by Dr. Michael Hales published in the Strength and Conditioning Journal on this matter
So, these are my measurements:
185.5cm - 6.08in height
89.2cm - 35.1in torso (48% of total height)
78.5cm - 30.9in arm (42% of total height)
As you can see from the pic, my torso barely qualifies "long" while my arms do by a wider margin.

Here are also the leg and femur measurements, which I think can be useful
96.3cm - 37.9in leg
38.5cm - 15.15in femur
I've always noticed my back tending to horizontal in my conventional, and they always felt like they're a lot more work than they should be
This is a recent one I did youtube.com/watch?v=_-SQLiwJdeo
I know, I'm weak and a faggot for using straps, I agree

>if your forearms are just stupid long and your torso is short and thin, you'll never be able to perform a proper bench press
I wondered why my arms during the bench press look so weird and I still havent hit 2pl

Attached: 33.png (693x584, 49K)

because its very simple

that chart is a joke

example; cailer woolam has chimp arms and pulls ~50kg more sumo explain that ya fag

>150kg deadlift with straps
you need to try harder stop coping from that video i can already tell that youre pulling suboptimally thats why deadlifting is hard not becuz muhhh proportions. see how the bar drifts away when you start the pull thats a clear sign you goofball

That's nice to know. Hope I make some progress, I have some issues in mind I want to address as well so it will be fun to see if I can do that.

>150kg block pull with straps
>copes with sumo
lol

Been sitting here for like 10 Minutes trying to squish out a Norman khan

So far nothing but air

Hold on what’s this?

Almost../ almost...

Squiiiiiiiiiiissssh PLOP!

Plop

There it goes! First Norman khan of the day in the toilet

Plop!

GLOOOP GLOOOP GLOOOP

Another successful disposal, well done lads

Any routines for when failing reps is absolutely not an option? I currently lack power rack or any spotters. Just squat stands and a binch.

load selection

just drop the weight?????

Why are most powerlifters fucking weirdos

Its true. It's cause weightlifting in general attracts weirdos, and powerlifting attracts weirdos who are fat too.

>Why are most powerlifters fucking weirdos
Most powerlifters are normies. But you don't see them. Because they are doing competitions (which you dont), and they aren't acting like faggots on Jow Forums.

We only see the worst of the worst.

Is my chemical romance cool to listen to again yet

YEAH BOY

I can't because it's a fucking retarded gym that will bitch at me for dropping the weight but the only person there is the receptionist girl which when I asked her to spot my 4 plate squat went NAH MATE
Too dumb for that afraid of fucking up.

Was thinking sheiko or something.

Is a 639lbs pull at 181lbs good?

Yes if in kilos.

>Is a 639lbs pull at 181lbs good?
It is an elite level lift in any fed.