Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Ill start unanswered from last thread
Is all rice weighed the same? so for example how much is 1 cup of cooked basamati rice? 200 300? my bag only says what dry measurments are
>inb4 google it
pls help me retard

Attached: 20170925_211331.jpg (2576x1932, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/klZpTzdekfY
google.ca/search?q=how many calories in 50 almonds&rlz=1C1ASUM_enCA739CA739&oq=how many calories in 50 almonds&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3015j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You need to weigh it before you cook it. Weighing after is completely unreliable because we don't know how long you cooked the rice, how much water it absorbed, how much evaporated off, etc.

Your best bet having already cooked the rice is to take some averages from sites like MFP and just log that. And next time weigh food properly.

This was answered last thread. I answered it for you. I told you 75g was a good single portion serving, 100g if you wanted more rice. You measure dry as says. Google would have also explained that.

I also then asked what the fuck rice youo bought that it says you need to soak it for 3 hours before cooking, because I have brown rice that takes 45 minutes to cook and IIRC even rice with husks on still takes like an hour max.

im not asking how many grams im asking how many calories are there in 1 cup cooked? do i still have ot measure that? my mom usually just cooks in a big bulk so i cant really measure it before and + thats pretty autistic to not gonna lie

How fucking old are you?

Also note how it fucking says 45g on the fucking bag right there for those calories

You also didn't ask ANYTHING about calories and said "how much". I understand if English is not your first language, but pls

Also measuring you food is not autistic in the slightest

Also, Cups are a shit, rough measurement, and of course every fucking cup is a different size, so of course the measurement will be different between cups.

Just get a cheap old fucking scale and measure out the weight.

Also keep in mind rice basically doubles in weight when cooked so if you do 150g of dry rice you're going to end up with 300g+ purely of cooked rice before you even add anything else to it

Why do I love sweets so much? I think I have a sugar addiction, I cannot stay a single day without eating something with loads of sugar, a candy bar, icecream, I don't know. Sometimes I binge eat a ton of sugar at once with soda and shit and totally ruin any plan to eat well, making me progress so much more slowly.

But why the fuck is that? What is my body telling me when I feel the need to intake sugar? Besides just shutting my mouth, is there something I should know to get over this? Are there any substitutes or complimentary foods I could look for or avoid?

Also, what are the dangers of taking too much sugar (at once for example, or through lifetime)?

didn't see this thread. could i get a form check? my left hip's been feeling tight for a couple days, especially after these squats. it numbs out if i sit long and hurts a tad bit when i walk

youtu.be/klZpTzdekfY

You guys told me getting fit would keep my spaghetti in my pockets
Why did you lie?

Just bee urself

drink juice instead of eating sweets and drinking soda. slowly build down on juice intake as the days go by. replace water with lemon water

Abstain. Don’t keep sweets in your home. Fill the void with raspberries and blueberries

If i go to the gym 4x a doing PHUL and walk to school and back (20 minutes) 5x a week. should my activity level be sedentry if i spend the rest of the day sitting down? or light exercise?

are there really 350 calories in 50 almonds? that seems like there talking about big ass almonds in google? or is just normal sized almonds

google.ca/search?q=how many calories in 50 almonds&rlz=1C1ASUM_enCA739CA739&oq=how many calories in 50 almonds&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3015j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Nuts are high calorie.

1 oz of nuts are a rough estimate of 130 calories

Checked

bulk or cut? face is kinda fat but body sucks

Attached: 20180102_122530.jpg (1236x1384, 173K)

Due to my work schedule I'll only be able to work out four days a week, but the problem is they're consecutive days (I work three days of double shifts in a row and can't manage to work out on those days.) I used to do GSLP and stopped a year ago. Ideally I'd like to get back into that program, but I won't have the rest days in between all the sessions. Should I try to do a ABxAxxx or just do AxBxxxx and deal with the no gains until I'm able to change my work schedule?

>strength
bulk

>aesthetics
cut 0.5 lbs a week

Are low bar squats alone good enough a workout for your hamstrings and glutes? What are some alternatives to the deadlift? I'm kinda worried about hurting myself

Attached: 1522991792329.jpg (618x410, 62K)

Do four consecutive days if you have to take 3 off anyway

Posted in the dead thread:

Skinnyfat bro here on the skinnier side of the spectrum (150 lbs). I'm doing gslp right now and I'm working out consistently.

How do I get over my fear of getting fat and trust that the food I eat will go towards building muscle on a caloric surplus? I'm having trouble getting past this mental block.

Attached: phinccs.png (277x179, 6K)

Chance of hurting yourself doing deadlifts is pretty low until you’re doing super heavy lifts

Bulk, there's nothing there to show off yet.

Honestly dude you are gonna get a little bit of fat on you when you overeat, but it's not the end of the world. If you eat only about 500+ your tdee and are lifting weights properly you'll be fine.

So it's bad to do the same work out every time? And is 24 hrs enough of a rest period?

i thot strength = aestheics for natties

What are some good cues for a good form when doing the lift? I'd like to start deadlifting again but I wanna make sure I wont look like a mong

no fucking way this is 2oz of pecans and according to google thats 400 calories....... how does a skelly like me not get over full from that? is this really 400 calorieS?

forgot pic

Attached: 20180409_204153.jpg (1440x2560, 1011K)

In the long run, yes.
But you're still building.

So i've been doing 3 days weightlifting/3 days running and saturday off. After roughly calculating my daily intake it seems i'll be deficient by quite a bit. Used to work before since I wasn't doing weightlifting and had a more sedentary job so I could maintain weight. Where could I add more protein and more calories? the calculation shown is only to maintain my weight (155lb/5'7")
clementines

Attached: Cronometer_-_Mozilla_Firefox_(Private_Browsing)_2018-04-09_20-43-17.png (833x936, 108K)

Just try to keep your lower back as straight as possible. People get hurt because they arch their backs which puts uneven pressure on your spine and that’s where “snap city” comes from. Basically listen to your body
Also look on YouTube I’m not an expert at all

I live 2 miles from the supermarket and it's a nice day out. Which would burn more calories: walking or riding my bike? Assuming I go at a good pace/resistance, and there is one short but steep uphill on the way there.

can i expect size during cut? or shud i just got for lean bulk then cut i dont wanna waste my time cuttinmg to look like shit

what app is that?

filename

The Anytime Fitness I go to just put up a sign that said they’ll fine you $25 if you don’t rerack your weights. Ain’t that some shit?

any tips on preventing hemorrhoids? think I'm going to quit GOMAD and drink more water for one but wondering if I can do anything with my exercise in order to help.

Whats the best way to work cardio into a lifting routine? off days? Basically I'm dealing with a lot of depression and anxiety. Along side healthy diet, plenty of sleep, meditation and therapy, I like to do cardio to help me feel better. Lifting helps a lot as well (I'm a gym noob doing SS), but I find it doesn't give me the same piece of mind that running and cardio do so I definitely want to get a little bit of cardio in my routine.

what are some good lifts for abs you can add weight to?

also deadlifts, leg or back day?

is a lean maintenance diet (3000cal for me) a good idea if you wanna gain muscle and lose fat?

WHat is that tiny spot at the spine just over the butt that is always kind of irritated and sometimes bleeding? I know it's a common thing, I don't remember the name.

What to do with it?

Decline crunches with a plate

or should i just lean bulk and add 100-200 cal im currently ~180lbs and 6'4

Attached: ana-de-armas-blade-runner-2.jpg (2500x1638, 338K)

cable crunches

back day, unless you're a powerlifter in which case it's good to practise squats and DLs together. ultimately can put it wherever it works best in your program though.

Often I come back from uni both hungry and ready to work out, but I end up having dinner and delaying my workout or doing it after 1 hour with slightly lower performance
Should I man up and workout on an empty stomach

My incline bench is just as good as my flat bench

Is that bad

How long do abs take to show? Assuming I'm at my ideal bf for them and I train them 3-5 times a week how long is it expected for them to show?

If you have posterior pelvic tilt, should you deadlift? Should you squat?

I mean anterior pelvic tilt

Is it really true that I'll never make it because I have Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's disease)?I've read a lot of shit on the internet where people say it's impossible. Does the calories in/calories out rule still apply?

Attached: 1468876447616.jpg (320x320, 9K)

just squeeze your abs while you lift and stop begging for dick with your lower back

What calisthenics exercises compliment compound lifts?

lift

Someone posted this and I want to try it. Is this an every other day routine? Like mon wed fri kinda thing?

Attached: 1523299232602.png (547x465, 47K)

>Cup is a rough estimate
>236.588mL

Are u retarded

2 Quick ones:
-What's your recommendation for a good flexibility routine to do at night or on off days? My strength is increasing but my flexibility is still shit.
-I'm at 230 squat rn and 260 deadlift, but I can barely grip the bar to get 5 reps in 1 set on the deadlift. I feel like my back and butt could take more but I just can't grip it. Is there some grip strength stuff I could do on the side for additional help or should i just use straps?

Attached: thic c pugger.jpg (774x960, 68K)

How does one calibrate the starting weight for weight training? As in figuring out the right weight for sets of reps that will result in going to failure etc. I see plenty of info on increasing weight incrementally etc. Just struggling to find answers about starting weight to build up from.

Is it just trial and error on the first visit to the gym?

>Is it just trial and error on the first visit to the gym?
yes

don't ego lift / let yourself be goaded into heaving on too much weight at the start, start with bar only and watch form

you'll feel how bar only feels, work from there

the first one or two gym sessions will probably just consist of finding the right starting weights for all your exercises and trying to practise good form, nonetheless it will probably leave you winded enough

good luck m8

addendum: with
>you'll feel how bar only feels, work from there
i meant, if it feels really light (which it probably will for some exercises) don't hesitate to add weight

you'll feel for youself how much to add depending on how easy or not bar only was