Jow Forums hobbies

What do you do to make up for lifting being such a boring 'sport'

Attached: 10557553.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Golf
Pretty fun cruising around on a cart getting to use my muscles hitting 300+ yard drives

I'm an academic in the humanities so read and write. It's a comfy life

Guitar, drawing, poetry

Attached: 1512234021447.jpg (240x320, 23K)

I wish my muscles helped for this I can't hit without taking a chunk out of the grass.

Driving around in the carts getting toasted is great fun though

Why does your guitar have a ballsack

Kek, I have no clue dude

Bouldering
PS4

Used to do a lot of music shit but don't have time anymore because of kids. Still have the basement studio though.

Drums and road cycling

How did you guys learn guitar? Are you any good ? Can you shred amd give a good solo?

Attached: 1523135409395.jpg (576x1024, 41K)

>tfw that girl is 12 years old and more rich and famous than you

I took formal lessons for a couple years (apart of dat dere classical guitar master race). You can learn a lot of the basics from the wealth of tutorials online tho. I developed an interest in classical/flamenco/jazz and sought lessons after playing primarily electric for 4 years mostly self-taught.

Mostly from a roommate but there are tons of free videos, courses, etc. I played saxophone from elementary which helped with theory.

Soloing takes a lot of practice, memorize the pentatonic and blues scales to start with.

I play random notes from different scale patterns (memorized all) but it sounds like shit.

I feel like ive hit a pleatu

P.s. I know this ain't /mu/ but if want to see me play just search necrosauce on YouTube. Not gonna lie I'm fairly decent but some of my vids are really old and absolutely shit-tier. I was also dyel AF too

i have no hobbies

it's actually frustrating

Youre a good guitarist. How did you learn and how long did it take you?

motorcycle + kayaking
hiking too, anyone can hike

It's super easy man, figure out what makes you admire someone. Like if you like watching guys win climbing competitions with insane holds or if seeing a dude beat the shit out of another guy in a boxing ring gets your blood up.

If the skill you pick is something that makes you admire someone you'll start getting better and 'mirin yourself, which is a sweet feeling.

Damn kayaking sounds fun as hell I'll have to check that out.

>tfw you can play all of 'rust in peace' and most of martys solos
>tfw chicks don't give a shit about megadave's killer riffs

also DnD once in a while, cooking when I have time, camping, hiking, beach shit, skiing

Attached: 1522188368084.jpg (971x576, 102K)

kayaking is the kitties titties my man

I taught myself. It's actually not all that hard, especially if you have a passion for the kind of music you want to play. I can shred and downpick like Hetfield intended.

Attached: 17225812.jpg (369x451, 40K)

Guitar, skateboarding and Guilty Gear.

Attached: 1249272777205_f.jpg (374x500, 50K)

Hey thanks. I've been playing for ten years now, took formal lessons in classical guitar for 2 years and learned a lot of electric techniques thru various YouTube vids. Websites like LickLibrary and ultimate-guitar are goat-tier for online tuition/tabs. I'd say after playing for 3-4 years is when I really started seeing significant improvements.

i spend my free time crying over how the people at my high-school (especially the girls) used to treat me.

Right on \m/

Friedman is the man lml

has anyone here tried surfing? i live in a community where it’s super popular and it’s obviously ultrachad so i’m interested in trying. is it worth it to take a lesson my first time or should i just rent gear and figure it out.
also my gf wants to learn too but i’d rather go by myself first so i don’t look like a goob in front of the surf chads.

>shred
>good

Attached: 1440467026695.gif (364x194, 1.52M)

Cooking, sprinting, guitar, singing, aquariums, psychadelics, any new best friends?

Attached: 20180330_203537.jpg (1078x1078, 552K)

what kinda stuff do you have in your aquarium?

Other than the live plants I have 10 ghost shrimp, 2 African dwarf frogs, a betta named alpha, and multiple species of snails. Oh and a baby bristlenose pleco

I was interested in this some time ago, but doesn't it suck to clean?

Speedcubing, chess and music

Attached: 20180409_230807.jpg (4032x2268, 1.59M)

Shooting. I even joined the shooting team for my Uni (MSU)
I have a Jeep I go off-roading in and I’m trying to get into ice hockey.

Problem is all of the above are expensive hobbies so fuck my life lol

Drumming. Leg day never ends when you're playing blast beats
>dem forearm gainz

Freedive.
Being fit helps.

Attached: 353F08F7-3FEC-4B90-B7D9-FFF495573085.jpg (747x1085, 149K)

Piano. History. Collecting antique firearms. Learning another language. Prop making when I have the time (Have not had the time in a couple years due to uni and others taking priority). /out/ fag so hiking and camping.

Hoping to learn bass guitar soon. Other than that, cooking, video games, and hunting (if I can make the time).

Start by doing online stuff or learning to read tabs. Once you get used to moving your fingers around buy a book on music theory and study it. Your playing will make leaps and bounds.

I play guitar, sax, and do bjj. Not much else. Thinking I should learn to dance.

Oh jeez. Play a lot of basketball with guys in my program at school. Play RPGs (Shadowrun, Blades in the Dark, some D&D), Xbox with friends from high school, play music with a few groups, go to plays/musicals/comedy shows/movies a lot.

I'm a PhD student in computational social science and I work at the desk at my local gym, so those take a lot of time. Try to fill the rest up as much as possible.

Living the dream user

whats your fastest solve?

Shooting guns, riding motorcycles.

Used to be out until 5 am on the motorcycle, blasting through tight corners, and popping wheelies while everyone was asleep.

Good times.

Attached: zyyyy.jpg (5192x2820, 3.76M)

Judo. Occasionally climb. Swimming.

>computational social science
lol senpai what is that even
t. computational statistician

eating

nope

Honestly learning how to fingerpick and playing folk-based music is what i find most rewarding. It also makes chicas cream when it sounds like you're playing three guitars at once.

t. Guitar has gotten me more pussy than lifting