Watching your dad get old is the worst feeling in existence

>go downstairs to get shower
>see dad hobbling around, propping up on things
>see cast thing on his arm
>ask him about it, apparently his arthritis has been flaring up along with his back
>ask if he needs my help with anything before i get in the shower
>says no but thanks anyway son
>mfw

Attached: 3D4D4E7C-27A5-463F-8D65-E86CFEAC487E.jpg (212x249, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

almost as if aging is a normal natural thing you fucking retard

It's alright, OP. My dad made terrible decisions with his life. I intend to strive for a better life, if only to show him that in his misery of decisions, his heir has become a more than capable being. Make him proud.

Ok, so you have some issues.

There is nothing wrong with getting old user. You just ignore what your dad says and help him out from time to time. He is probably too proud to ask for help. My dad used to be pretty lean when he was younger and did more physical labor. Mechanical work was his thing until about the late 90s. Since then he has transitioned to nearly full time cdl driving and his waist has ballooned and he weighs nearly 400lbs. He can barely work on equipment at this point since he complains about pulling anything because its too heavy since he has gotten doughy from eating too much and not being active enough. He still puts his input into you doing anything and makes a stink and volunteers you to do active stuff but he never actually does any work hardly now. He is currently about seven years or so from retirement and has no money saved up but he does own his house at least completely but it will need major renovations here soon.

I am actually thinking if I stay in the area I might buy the plot of land next to our house that is too small to build a house on, join it with my folks plot and then have a new house built on that property for them and have the old house demonlished and then subdivide the land so that another house can be built since my folks property is much wider than the zoning requirement for a house in the city.

If I did that I could probably give my folks a home to live in for their retirement and once they die off (My mother already has severe heart disease, my father of a heart attack not soon after he stops working probably) I could sell the house or put renters in it until I own the place.

>dad had a heart attack years ago
>quit smoking
>on several medications
>lost too much weight

it's soul crushing to see your father's mortality

>ageing is a natural thing therefore we shouldn’t get sad when our once nimble and healthy parents are now withered and weak

Attached: DF42C8D0-5C89-4B89-A427-D215B498FCCC.jpg (359x316, 24K)

>mom and dad are getting older
>so are you
>only death awaits us

Attached: 1523311726598.jpg (773x645, 82K)

I feel you man, seeing my father's body slowly breaking down is heartbreaking. Spend as much time as you can with him, go on walks and talk about whatever. Of course, keep up those gains to make him proud.

Stop feeling bad about it.
It's natural, it's normal.

I say this because your father also needs to accept it for what it is. And one day you'll be like him and you'll also have to accept your own old age.

The pity you nurture for the situation and his own pride may get in the way of acceptance. Yes, you should help him out once in a while and it will get more and more often that he will need your help. That's not diminishing anything that he has accomplished in life, it's no humiliating, it's not sad. It's how things go. Take joy in his company and let him take joy in yours. Don't try to help him but pretend you are not helping him and don't let him hurt himself out of shame of asking you for help. Make a joke, have a crack about it with him, remember when you were in diapers doing retarded shit as a baby and he had to take care of you?

Anyway, open that door so that both of you can accept it and talk about it. It's somewhat sad, I understand, but it doesn't have to go all the way depressing.

>dad in his mid 40s
>benching 320
>his goal to to bench 400 before he is 50
>"i doubt i can do it but i'll try"
>when i see him he looks tired
>works late nights/early mornings
>still lifts 5 times a week

Its impossible to fight against the endless march of time but he is fucking trying his hardest

>the only thing i ever had on him was sprinting
>recently pulled calf muscle and was advised not to sprint anymore
>tfw i'll never be able to race my dad again

He's the reason i started lifting, it might be a long time but one day im going to beat him in an arm wrestling competition

>just hit 1 plate bench today

were all going to die one day

real damn shame

My dad is 64, always been skinny, was a cardio man. He just got into bodyweight resistance stuff. Daily situps, pushups, etc. Went to GNC and bought a bunch of mass gainer. He's always been around 120, now he's 134. Is he gonna make it bros?

Probably not.

Get him to look into TRT

Death is not normal lol

You really think humans were meant to die ?

>I'll never watch my dad grow old

Attached: 1406159308990.jpg (577x435, 51K)

>dad full of plans, on his 40s
>ten years pass, he's starting to become stressed due to doing literally too much stuff
>wants to do something i can't remember now
>hey, dad, maybe it's time to slow down and take care of your health
>he looks down, melancholic
>"yeah... you're right"
man i could've legit shed a tear right there but i was too surprised to do so.
At least he got healthier and started traveling and built himself a ranch. I'm so happy for him.

can't watch my dad get old if he's never around lol

>being this edgy
You'll be 20+ one day. Don't worry.

>mother offed herself when I was in high-school
>father disowned me and cut off all contact ~2 years ago after I didn't back him up in a fight he started

Feels pretty lonely. Sucks having to lie to people at work about going home for holidays and shit, asking why my parents don't help me with some finances and general life advice.

Wish I was just normal

Attached: 1518399257920.jpg (750x730, 515K)

>Always wrestle with grandfather
>One day we place mercy
>He squeezes my hand
>Feels more like a firm handshake than the hand crushing squeeze I was used to
>tap out anyway because I didn't want him to know
I don't want the happy times to end

Attached: 1521596534527.gif (400x306, 1.95M)

I unironically hate my dad so I don't care

> dads getting older
>struggling with his health
> dealing with grandma in her final days
>mfw I watch two family members slide downhill at the same time and my 30 year old ass has no children who will be there when it happens to me

Truly this is hell.

My parents live in a house with a driveway that goes uphill. I was chatting with my dad and he said they'll have to move out in the next 5+ years for a reason he said he never thought would be a problem. After I asked a few times he admitted that it's beginning to get too difficult to push the garbage can up the driveway, and hearing that just killed me inside.

I know that feeling faggot op

Attached: when-youre-in-your-mid-20s-and-someone-reminds-you-19584810.png (500x558, 100K)

my dad is 60 and never complains about being old or feeling old. is my dad a super generian?

Especially with boomers, they don't want to listen to anything that can help them(diet/supplementation, neuroprotection etc) and not die artificially kept alive in a bed all senile/dementia and shit. Its like they've bought into this whole narrative to where they end up in a nursing home. Its pathetic.

I was at a bar a couple weeks ago and one of the regulars(a boomer) was talking to some younger (20ish) dude and they are both agreeing with each other about how going out all altzeheimers-like would be great and something to aspire towards.

Their reasoning being something along the lines of "well you don't know who you are anymore so it doesnt matter" and "I can be kept" . I start hearing clown horns in my head.

I'm like what the fuck you guys - you realize there is tons of shit you can do that isn't even complicated to not die some fragile husk mentally/physically. I don't preach anything.

And they wouldn't have any of my talking points cause a. that's too hard or impossible, this is supposed to happen! b. I'd rather just loose control then be accountable.

Attached: NOB5Kou.png (378x610, 295K)

My grandpa was extremely physically active far into his 80s doing windsurfing and shit. over th last decade he has deteriorated so much he can barely get up. He is currently trying to starve himself to death inside a hospital in another country right now

Attached: 20840932_1397490967031169_3137632868699217729_n.jpg (243x300, 5K)

>has never heard of eden
>doesnt realize death isnt natural
>is not hoping for a future time when all things are set right again

Attached: 1500394102806.jpg (720x715, 93K)

good post

also, i agree.

only glory awaits us friend

Attached: 1513404516158.jpg (500x750, 54K)

I like this idea.
Makes the existential crisis and hedonism make more sense.

Grew up in a Christian household so entering heaven was always the thing after life. But after growing out of church it makes me dread and fear growing old. But even still. There's something after this world. I look foward to it.

Attached: 1520633478198.jpg (500x353, 40K)

My dad is extremely healthy and been most of his life.
Hes 60 now and you could swear he's 40 by the way he looks and gets around. I wont be having OPs problem till hes atleast 80+

There's this thing called telomere therapy but it's too expensive for most people (ie you and I). I wish I could pay for it for my parents. :(

Yeah I'm really depressed about my dad getting old. He used to be my idol, I thought he knew everything and now he's slowing down mentally when we talk.

I'm only 21 and he's mid 60s. I'm hoping I can be successful in life and have him be lucid enough to see it.

>dad used to be big ole buff guy
>definition of burly dad mode
>docs prescribe him high blood pressure meds
>they don't tell him they can cause appendicitis
>gets it
>almost dies
>develops graves disease
>went from having boulder shoulders and fuck huge biceps to looking like a puffy marshmallow man

Attached: 1488745270342.jpg (1124x1024, 129K)

We're all gonna make it brah, physically and mentally.

I love my dad but I know that he's disappointed in me, always saying I should get a girlfriend to travel with etc. It's not like I'm not trying man, being unwanted by the entire female population is tiring and honestly I've given up. The last few years gone by like I was on auto-pilot and nowdays Im just working towards the weekend hoping something would happen, but then I spend it alone anyway.

But that's cope

>my dad has high blood pressure
>my feels when he complains about having to take old man pills

>tfw my mum has become self conscious about her age in photos

>boulder shoulders
You know thats slang for large breasts?

>tfw dad needs help moving the old empty fridge
>tfw we're shifting it and I can hear him breathing in gasps and holding his breath to take steps
>tfw I can see his arms shaking when this thing doesn't feel heavy at all
>tfw we only moved it 10 feet and he needed a break
I thought he'd be strong forever fit

Attached: 1520264006622.jpg (552x655, 23K)

Getting old ain't for pussies

My towns essentially ruined by boomers who do this shit. Gardens are becoming a thing of the past.

Don't patronize him and let him do shit by himself.

>not backing up your own father in a fight

When your buddies, brother, father get in fight you back them up. You can beat them up afterwards for being stupid dicks that pick stupid fights.

Feel bad for your dad man, imagine having a son more concerned with who picked the fight than backing up his and his own.

At least he's still alive.

>dad walks in to ask if I've seen his keys
>walks in 5 mins later and asks the same thing again
No one prepared me for this feel :(

>I'm trying
>I've given up
Do you see the problem

>watched my father wither away and die of brain cancer over the course of 16 months

Attached: 1465091506441.jpg (768x1024, 65K)

Alright this is a 10/10 feels thread but on a serious note, chronic inflammation like arthritis is easily treated.
>health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
This stuff works. If you can't get it in borax form, buy a bottle of boron and have him down 10 caps a day. Just because he's getting old doesn't mean he has to suffer needlessly.

Your dad sounds fucking cool.

Fuck you, my dad died when I was 9

How about you be happy you have him

I mean we don't know all the details but this, unless it's over some seriously abhorrent shit I'll have my familes back for life.

>tfw dad has been fighting all his life
>tfw been a weedy little pussy all my life who got rekt in his only real 'fight' (i didnt even defend myself because fear)
>tfw lifting and getting stronger, doing more physical labour stuff, working with my dad
>our relationship is better than it's ever been (used to hate each other throughout all my teens)
i will make this man proud of me goddamn it