Been doing some running exercise every 2 days but this lately I feel a pain everytime I did my runs in the morning...

Been doing some running exercise every 2 days but this lately I feel a pain everytime I did my runs in the morning. How do I treat this ?

Pic related. The pain is around there.

Attached: images (3).jpg (400x300, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_9wzB8Drk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its called shin splits

just man the fuck up and keep doing it.

how fat are you?

*splints

when you just start running, try to run on grass with cleats on, then once your muscle gets hard enough, then move out to concrete running. people start out on concrete and fuck their knees and shins like no tomorrow. also you need to rest more days if you just started running first time this year. your muscles arent ready for these runs right at spring, cuz of less usage in winter. try takein 2-3 day rest between runs you will feel better

Running faster than 5min/km is easier on the shins.

58kg in 175cm

Will do even though I lived somewhere in equator lines. Another question. There arent any soft ground here in my area, should I try to run slowly or what ?

I've been doing this for several months but I want to improve the speed and time of running so I start to run faster each day.

You can use athletic tape to drastically reduce the strain. Same idea as boxers taping up their wrists.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_9wzB8Drk

i ran track in colllege so listen to me. its shin splints, so get a big orange "lets do this" bucket from home depot, fill it with 10 pounds of ice and freezing cold water, pull up a chair and dip both legs in up to your knees, chill out for 15 minutes. it sucks but i did this nearly everyday in highschool for track. in college track we were saran wrapping bags of ice to our shins and walking around after practice. nowadays i dont even get shin splints, thats after a couple years of intense sprinting/hurdling

It's called shin splints, which is the bane of beginning runners everywhere. Basically, the muscle along your shin bone is in pain due to overwork.

Don't overdo it, start slow. Also, don't be afraid to supplement running for biking or swimming.

Probably shin splints. Lots of advil helps. You can "man the fuck up" and probably not hurt yourself, but I'd take a break for a while. Try to run on dirt>grass>asphalt>concrete>indoor floors. Make sure you have appropriate shoes (harder surfaces require more cushion). This is more important the heavier you are; I noticed a big difference in my tolerance for that shit between 180 and 210 lbs.

Don't run early if you can help it, your muscles are still tight

I dont know where to find the athletic tape because I lived in the 3rd world country. Still, I'll search for it.

Thanks man. Will try that method.

OP here

so basically I just need to run in the softer surface before the running in the harder surface ?

running on softer surfaces wont prevent shin splints from happening when you run on a hard surface. if you have shin splints your body needs to recover to become stronger, plain and simple. ice helps, pain pills help, but you just have to be patient with recovery. when your recover then you can do it all over again

How much are you running?

you have to stretch and roll it out. takes a while

OP again

Okay. Thanks user.

3-5km per runs.
1.8-3.1 miles per runs

Roll and stretch the shit out of your calves. Skin splints are fucking death. Had them so bad during track season I had to take a couple weeks off. Ice them like crazy too. I was the fastest kid in my county my sophomore year in high school so I have experience.

Take a break it can lead to a stress fracture if you keep running. And stress fractures are not fun.

Leave most of the speedwork until you start hitting slow 50-60 km per week.

as someone who continued to exercise on shin splints and acquired stress fractures because "no pain no gain" and "i can push through this weak pain" attitude, let me advise you: stop immediately until the pain stops

Attached: FB_IMG_1523248539091.jpg (720x720, 28K)

Couch to 5k, starts you easy and eases you into running

stop running until there's no pain, then wait another week before you start again
t. tibial stress fracture