On deadlifts how much should your lower back be involved? assuming it stays neutral and doesnt round out

on deadlifts how much should your lower back be involved? assuming it stays neutral and doesnt round out

Attached: IMG_3126.jpg (528x960, 32K)

it's pretty fucking involved

even on the intial pull? I feel my back gets involved way more than my glutes the whole way through

off the floor is a lot of hamstrings but as you go up more and more the back is involved

yep, something has to keep your torso from just folding when you break the floor or are about to break the floor

and that thing is your spinal erectors

thats my problem, i dont feel the hamstrings, and my back gets involved instantly

You should feel some lower back involvement because that's part of the point of the exercise, but you should be careful that you don't feel a twinge or an imbalance, like one of your hips is being pulled more than the other. Either or both of those things means that there is something wrong with your form

Your lower back will be used isometrically throughout the entire lift. Your glutes and hamstrings do most of the actual work of making you move the weight.

you don't feel the hamstrings because you're most likely a noob. Just like how noobs don't "feel" the lats when doing barbell rows, nor do they "feel" the chest when benching. If it really bothers you add RDLs to your routine and you'll know how it feels to load your hamstrings, then you can know how to load them during conventional deadlifts. Regardless, as long as your form isn't shit and you are using at least somewhat appropriate ques (push your feet into the ground), you should be fine. You need a better "mind-muscle connection" to really feel muscles in certain movements

get a feel for trying to push with your legs (using a lower weight, the problem is it might make pulling the slack feel weird) and just let the rest of you for the ride, that's not how you do it but it might help with a mind-muscle connection.

Keep in mind I'm only going from my experience, the best option is always to find someone you trust to have good form help you out, if it means talking to someone at the gym, suck it up.

Your back is involved the most on the initial pull. This is because your back is used isometrically, and the bottom of the deadlift has the greatest moment arm between the bar and your hips. This decreases as the bar moves up.

Attached: moment-arm.jpg (312x400, 138K)

i rarely ever "feel" my hamstrings either and i pull in the 500s

they're not changing in length as much as they would in a GM or RDL or something and you're generally pulling conventional with lower reps and lower volume which makes it more difficult to feel your hamstrings working

on the rare occasions i've done deadlifts for high reps i sure as fuck felt my hamstrings light up

been lifting for about a year a half, 1rm 335 which isnt great i know but not awful. i just feel it in my back more than my legs. I have trouble feeling my hammies/glutes on RDLs as well

I'm a noob when it comes to deadlifts and I feel it mostly in my lower back. I pull 225 and get a crazy pump in my lower back and feel very fatigued afterwards. I'm not sure if my form is off but I make sure not to round my back. Is it normal to feel like you can barely stand up afterwards?

do you ever do high rep work? If you do higher rep RDLs you will definitely feel the hamstrings, especially if you have correct form. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean it's not working

Rarely, but i will add them in, I find the initial pull to be the hardest, would deads with my feet in a 45 help with this?

Attached: ujhld.png (970x1364, 593K)

never felt deadlifts on my lowerback lmao, all spinal erectors, hammies and glutes

if you feel on your lowerback you are doing it wrong

where'd u get pictures of me

isn't your lower back your spinal erectors?

> all spinal erectors

sooooo your lower back

Attached: back.jpg (1232x1081, 495K)

but i never felt the deadlift on the lower back zone, only in the middle to upper spinal erectors