Why don't you train your grip strength?

Do you enjoy having a weak, untrustworthy handshake?

>Pic related is a Captains of Crush warm-up gripper

Attached: grip1.jpg (770x594, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080820094215/http://davidhorne-gripmaster.com/basics.html
streamable.com/q96pr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do judo and occasionally climb. I feel I'm pretty well covered on the grip training front

because those things stripped my tendons and ive lost strength and ite been hurting for like two months now.
well its my fault because i went straight to the 150 lbs one.

Good job user. Most lifters ignore or completely neglect grip training.

Injuries usually happen when you're preforming an exercise incorrectly or without a proper warm-up.

you hurt yourself with a Captain of Crush #1?

Check out the fucking griplet over here guys.

To be fair most lifters can't close the No. 1 on their first try

i can't be fucked to train grip

>griplet

Attached: 2ec.png (600x580, 572K)

Why not?

If you were to objectively look at your life, I think you'll find that most of the problems you have stem from your weak, girlish grip. Remember how girls wouldn't date you in high school? That was because they could see you straining to hold your backpack strap. You know how you are tripping all the time? It's because your soft, dainty hands can't tie a tight knot in your shoelaces. You know how your friends are always falling to their deaths? That's because you lose your grip when they've been pushed off of a cliff by a villain and you're holding onto them with one hand. Let's face the facts here, man : your grip game is weak and it's time to step it up.

Closed a 2 on my first try, repping a 2.5 now and getting close to closing a #3. You just have pussy hands or never played sports growing up.

You stole this from the amazon review for captains of crush you cocksucker

>You know how your friends are always falling to their deaths?
shit dude its like youre reading my mind

Why the Fuck do you need to work on grip strength
Grab the fucking bar

Attached: Tly0U8T.jpg (500x413, 20K)

One of the best pastas from Amazon

Attached: Screenshot_20180409-231846_01.jpg (1080x1846, 480K)

I used to be 6'0 150 lb skeletor in high school who ran marathons. Couldn't close 2 first day, but got to rep it to 5 in just 4 weeks.

because if i trained everything the internet or Jow Forums told me to train, i would never have time to do anything else but lift/lifting related shit

i have to draw the line somewhere and pick things to prioritize and other things not to prioritize, and grip has never limited me before so i don't see a need to train it

Because just grabbing a bar isn't enough. Having a strong grip via grip training pays dividends on pulling exercises such as deadlifts or rows.

>Grippers
>Literally can use them anywhere
>Not having enough time

Attached: 1508729826113.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Yeah there are other things grip strength is good for too
>pic unrelated

Attached: BD7ggvPvxkhWIMgebIMwH015g4FxpWGDu4kaEXfWXkA.jpg (480x458, 49K)

>OP

Attached: ujhld.png (970x1364, 593K)

>gripper
>comprehensive grip training

web.archive.org/web/20080820094215/http://davidhorne-gripmaster.com/basics.html

Attached: 1520025442413.png (866x900, 108K)

If time is an issue for a you then it's better to at least work on crushing strength than not doing any grip training at all. I was able to improve my grip strength by 10kg solely in a month by just training with grippers.

If I've never had one of these but lift and have had numerous manual labor jobs such as mover carrying randomly weighed objects and landscaping could I start on a 100 lb gripper or would that be too much?

The 100 lbs gripper, otherwise known as the Trainer, is usually what most men start off with. You'll get quickly accustomed to it though, so when you do advance in grippers it'll be a handy warm-up.

>Handy warm-up
>No pun intended

Fuck off with your obvious CoCk marketing goddamn bitch ass shill
Barbells are enough

good larp brah

Been doing shrugs on Smith machine, forearms definitely feeling it

The grip training for those is crushing grip.
You need holding grip strength for anything useful, which that doesn't really train.

Unless you close this shit with your fingers only you're wasting your time.

I'd agree. I bought a set of CoC grippers and worked my way up to 1rm on the #2, and repping on the #1.5 after a couple months. Then I started lifting, and stopped doing the CoC. It didn't seem to help much with my grip on DL, and I got limited by my grip pretty quickly. I worked my DL up to, about 250ish for 5 no straps (I do double overhand), this was from 135. I tried my grippers again recently since it'd been 3-4 months since I trained with them, and was struggling on the #1.

>cock grippers

How to work grip and do pullups
>get judo/bjj gi or strong towel
>lie the gi/towel over pull up bar
>grip the excess fabric
>do pull ups

I'm not affiliated with Iron mind or any other gripper company. I'm just trying to spread the good word of grip training.

>Barbells are enough

They are most certainly not. You can be pretty strong on the big 3 lifts but laughable grip strength.

If you want to have a well balanced grip, it'd be wise to train crush, support, and pinch.

I worked with just the grippers for a month and was able to rep out 4 plate double over hand pretty easily recently (struggled prior to training my grip aka my weakest link.) The correlation isn't perfect, but it does help with deads.

>closing #1

laughingchristianwhore.gif

#1 is 140lbs and #1.5 is 165lbs this is a faggot

>lie

lie about what?

Rock climbing takes care of it.

Lifting should be accompanied by a social sport like that or any other sport so you guys lose your autism

I do farmer's carries, on top of the usual deadlifts and pullups. Is this enough?

Attached: 1522786119590.jpg (843x843, 120K)

Why do virgins think this will make a difference, it just makes you look worse.

I play guitar so my fingers and hands feeling fatigued a lot of the time isn't really manageable. I might even lose progress in my technique if I enhance my grip-strength too much, happened when I tried it for a while.

>Rock climbing
>Sport

Pick one.

If you don't assault your opponent, it's not a sport.

Attached: Nepo-Laulala_17.png (690x438, 729K)

Just do heavy deadlifts and heavy barbell shrugs

Meant to say social activity or sport. Agree with you

But OP can you set a conibear 330 trap with your bear hands?

Attached: conibear-trap-330wolf.jpg (576x432, 40K)

I was born blessed with naturally strong grip. I was that guy who always crushed your hand in grade school.

>What is a warm-up

Not enough when grip becomes a limiting factor.

Nope. Began grip training a month ago.

I actually had a bully that did that shit to me in 7th grade. Then again he got held back by 3 grades, so it was an unfair matchup.

>Getting stronger
>Look worse
Spotted the griplet.

Chris Cantwell?

250lb gripper... SOON...
streamable.com/q96pr

Attached: gripboi.png (1179x300, 614K)

according to info on HG, you can close 350 in 8weeks if you can close 150 lul

maybe if you dont break your hands in the process lol

double overhanding all of my dls seems enough. i have a good enough grip for blowjobjobs so im ok

>hear memes about handshakes determining character as a kid, think it's cool and manly but don't pay much attention
>reach an age where I start to greet people I meet with handshakes
>without fail those with weak, limp-wristed handshakes turn out to be pathetic 'men'

Is there a reason for this?

Before anyone spergs out i'm not saying handshake grip strength correlates with 'manliness', just that people who have soft, womanly handshakes turn out to be pathetic.

Noticed this as well, nicest person I met had a fucking strong handshake, while those with limp hands have terrible personalities.

Attached: 1435699974024.gif (300x168, 726K)