Is there any philosophers that talks about physical fitness ?

I mean in an extensive manner?

The closest I know to fit philosphy is only:

1) Mens sana in corpore sano is a Latin phrase, usually translated as "a healthy mind in a healthy body"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_sana_in_corpore_sano

2) "No Man Has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which is body is capable" Socrates

i.pinimg.com/736x/4f/c3/ae/4fc3ae4099688f8117f7c375630d2d65.jpg

That's all I know of...I know that a lot of philosophers excel in the art of mental masturbation but I'm sure that there a also a lot of them that are biologically pragmatic and know the true importance of a healthy and strong physical body.

But I can't find shit on internet...So I try here with you.

Attached: Socrates.jpg (640x632, 46K)

Attached: frank yang.jpg (333x300, 40K)

The five rings by miyamoto musashi.

He asked for philosophers not drop outs who did phil101 then plagarised all their published works.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that that Socrates quote is taken out of context.

Was is on the internet? Because if you are 'pretty sure' you read something on the internet, it must be true!!
CALL THE CYBER POLICE :D;d:D:D:D:DD

Pretty sure you will be intetested in Nietzsche concept of ubermensch

>Is there any philosophers
user, every single person is a philosopher if they can think. Being weird or autistic doesn't makes you more intelligent.

You're retarded, aren't you?

how retarded must you be to think the ubermensch is fitness related

physical fitness is a key part of yoga (the indian religion not the class your mom goes to)

muscular Christianity

Everything in Nietzsche comes down to physiology

Or you could just go read Plato and realise Socrates is very literal about how people should be fit and healthy

Attached: x.jpg (320x220, 9K)

This 2bh

If you want eastern philosophy this is the best option.

Forgot image

Lees poetry is fucking awesome

Attached: image.jpg (640x788, 105K)

>le Greeks

Plato talks about the virtue of athletic ability throughout the Republic. The Greeks place a large emphasis on arete, an excellence in mind, body, and spirit (see: Odysseus). In addition to developing the mind and spirit, athletic ability and physical strength were considered essential components of arete.

close enough

Attached: 4B9D67B3-F18F-485A-97EB-DAAF1A50474B.jpg (640x1136, 397K)

Plato's real name is Aristocles, He was given name Plato by his gymnastics teacher because he head broad shoulders.

Sun and Steel