Thinking of buying a half rack for starting my home gym. How do you anons feel about half racks?

Thinking of buying a half rack for starting my home gym. How do you anons feel about half racks?

Attached: IMG_3816.jpg (742x1000, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Squat-Barbell-Rack-Bench-Press-Home-Gym-Weight-Lifting-Barbell-Stand/272686220471?epid=2194883857&hash=item3f7d5d84b7:g:0t8AAOSwEEBaHl4c
rebelsport.com.au/Product/Torros-Pro38-F-I-D-Bench/347949
gorillasports.nl/deal/13009/multi-squat-rack
gymdirect.com.au
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take up too much room, and expensive. I bought this about 4 weeks ago, tested it to weights of up to 170kg and it handles it perfect.

ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Squat-Barbell-Rack-Bench-Press-Home-Gym-Weight-Lifting-Barbell-Stand/272686220471?epid=2194883857&hash=item3f7d5d84b7:g:0t8AAOSwEEBaHl4c

Nah, you'll regret it.

I also bought a half-rack when I first got into the home gym stuff.

I ended up buying a full power rack a year later and giving the half rack to my cousin.

based aus value poster
rebelsport.com.au/Product/Torros-Pro38-F-I-D-Bench/347949
rebel sport has a pretty rinky dink bench for $150

I'd buy, but it has a shit weight limit. I weigh 90kg and bench 95kg ez.

>value lifting equipment

Have fun buying twice

Why would he regret it? Why did you decide to go full power rack?

obviously you buy what you can afford. But buy nice or buy twice is a meme

I bought a full power rack for $300 because if I'm gonna be working out at home with no one else around, I'm gonna do it safely

Uh, just save more money and buy the right shit?

Its not hard.

Have fun lifting with dodgy shitty feeling equipment, you'll end up throwing it away and getting a gym membership again.

Or you can just wait and buy legitimate solid gear thats going to last a life time that doesn't feel like shit when you use it.

I love mine. Don't listen to these dyels that need a full rack for w/e reason. It's great. I recommend getting a quality bar though. Don't use the one that comes with the weight set on Amazon, it's horrible. Go to roguefitness.com and buy the cheap Olympic bar. It's like $125 or some shit. Also, don't buy a cheap bench, you'll regret it. Those are the only 2 things you should go out of your way to get aside from the plates and rack. I still use my half rack after 1+ year.

this. OP just get a two piece adjustable squat rack

nonono dont get that
get what i use its only a litter bit more money about $80-100 and easy to move about, adjustable for space can even do dips on it!

Attached: IMG_2182.jpg (3264x2448, 1.35M)

>no safeties
rip in peace

if you're going to be lifting alone with no one around to help you if you get pinned you better get a rack with spotter arms or a full rack

Not all of us have been lifting for 4 months and struggle to rep 130kg.

I didn't know fisher price made weightlifting gear

Meh, he can buy a pair of heavy duty sawhorses as safeties.

Attached: a pair of fookin stallions mate.jpg (610x380, 74K)

>30mm bars/weights
literally never gonna make it lmao, those bars break before your dead is even 5pl8

Okey dokey Billy Badass

130 is nearly elite level for the average sized man. 4 months wtf are you talking about?

probably true sometimes i do 420 for a few reps and the bars already bending
but i bought like 5 bars off this guy for £20 because he had them laying around

Attached: IMG_2836.png (1334x750, 844K)

the price should say something, desu
i have an olympic bar, a SINGLE one, cost around €200 (inb4 eurofag)
and 200 is still relatively cheap for an oly bar

seriously, you dont want to be snapping your shit up cuz of failing equipment

>Max 200kg

Half rack is half gains CMON

>max 200kg

>How do you anons feel about half racks?

I love my Titan half rack, but it was so much trouble getting it (Titan kept sending the wrong parts).

I couldn't do a full power rack because I needed to overhead press (only manlets can overhead press inside a power rack).

>I couldn't do a full power rack because I needed to overhead press (only manlets can overhead press inside a power rack).
You can OHP outside the rack retard.

Lmao at that dumb nigger just move the jcups it takes 2 seconds

this

I would never bench in a rack without safety pins

I would rather kill myself since it would happen while benching sooner or later

the half rack cant handle weight as well as a power rack
if you dont have the space for a power rack, get a half rack, but dont expect to do super heavy lifts on it

i dunno if you just grabbed that image off of google images for the sake of having an OP picture, but i'm quite certain i bought that exact rack a few years ago and it was complete dogshit that would probably kill you if you tried to use it

just a word of warning (don't buy cheap chink shit)

I just made my own squat and bench stands. I use bumper plates because I'm also /owg/, so no need for safeties. If my bench ever gets to 315, I'll make my own power rack.

Attached: IMG_20170715_212835.jpg (3024x4032, 2.32M)

I fear for your safety user

Attached: 1521854408816.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Save up your NEETbux and buy one of these

Attached: barbarian-weight-lifting-power-rack-800x800.jpg (800x800, 81K)

That "safety rack" isn't going to strengthen your pussy back.

Picture related is what i was using for about 10 months, up to 140kg weights on two bins. I worked up from 60kg > 140kg with no spotter, safety bars.

Attached: 59.jpg (4960x2740, 3.53M)

>Local man decapitates himself in homemade guillotine

Is this any good for a home gym? gorillasports.nl/deal/13009/multi-squat-rack
I'm a 60kg/132lbs femanon so I'll never be able to lift anything really heavy

Attached: Image3.png (1725x589, 731K)

It´s everything you need

be my gf

Sorry m8, I have a bf.

pls

I'm sure you'll find a nice girl someday.

Attached: 1519069553558.png (960x720, 743K)

Don't buy lifting gear from rebel, ausfags, except maybe weight plates.
The best bang for your buck can be found on gumtree, if you're patient and check daily.
But for first hand goods here's the best Aus seller I could find gymdirect.com.au
And trust me, I was really scouring the internet for deals recently, as I bought a half rack myself about 2 weeks ago.
Pic related; I got everything in this picture for $900 AUD off gumtree from some guy leaving the country

Attached: halfrack.jpg (2660x2984, 638K)

a cheap rack like that has zero advantages over less expensive and structurally sturdier H stands.

That's a sexy rack you have there

Those safeties probably don't go low enough if you squat ATG. I have that problem on similar racks in my gym and I'm king of manlets (5'10)

I haven't killed myself yet. You can't slam rerack a 3 plate squat into it like you can in a power rack but it works fine.

Attached: 1506248260836.jpg (1185x819, 191K)

I am a welder. Have been wanting to build a rack and attach a landmine and so other cool stuff any ideas?

>Have been wanting to build a rack and attach a landmine
Uh...what? Suicide is not the answer bro.

Attached: 1516910777624.png (500x476, 6K)

I'm about to become home gym masterrace, can other home gym masterraces talk about their transition from shitty commercial gym to home gym? I'm worried I'll miss the cable machine.

OPs rack has a max weight of 112 KG tested (200 KG **static**). it's a piece of shit that will snap in half when you least expect it.

also,

>Have been wanting to build a rack and attach a landmine
Can't you just kill yourself on the bench press like a proper manlet?