QTDDTOT

No current thread addition

I'm skinny fat at 6'0 170. If I eat at maintenance how much does newb gains fill in my body? Would it be enough to lower my bf% despite being the same weight? pic isn't me but the left looks like how I do now

Attached: skinny-fat-transformation.jpg.pagespeed.ce.vcVrzVxv8T.jpg (921x921, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WfgghsW
physicsclassroom.com/calcpad/energy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lost 90 lbs and fortunately no loose skin but when I drop to a certain weight a small horizontal line forms where my lower gut meets my pubic area. Is that a sign of loose skin or does it happen to anyone with lower belly fat that drops in weight

Yes.

Where can i get adderall?

I think I got a cold that has turned into bronchitis. Haven’t lifted in like a week. But I think I’ve lost weight. Like there’s definition in my arms I don’t think I’ve ever seen that I just noticed tonight. I think I’ve accidentally started cutting. Normally when I lift I can’t avoid eating more because want to lift heavier. But I want this belly gone so bad. Should I keep up the cut? Or am I gonna lose my gains? I don’t want to cough and spit all over everyone in the gym.

What equipment would Jow Forums recommend to someone who doesn't live near a gym? I bought some kettlebells a week ago and use them 3 times a week, but I don't think that's enough. I don't know anything about this stuff, and I've read some information but it's all kind of overwhelming. Any advice would be great.

>that cringe as fuck tattoo

lmao

Depends on budget. If I were to only have like 50-100$ to spend I’d get one of those adjustable dumbbells and a jump rope.
If you have more to invest like 1000$+ then a power rack/bench/bar/weight. If it’s something in the middle there are those dumbbells that you can put normal plates on, so you can slowly upgrade to the full thing.

Don't go lifting while sick, as a courtesy to other gymgoers, and because exerting yourself with bronchitis will fuck your recovery time.
Also you should be boosting your calorie intake while diseased to provide a surplus of energy for your immune system.
Drink plenty of water, sleep 8-10 hours, and try to maintain a higher body temp.

lifting always seems overwhelming to beginners but it's actually really simple. For a beginner wanting a home gym all you need is a basement, weights, an Olympic (45 lbs) bar and a power rack (pic related). A weight belt is also recommended for progressing with pull ups and dips

You can find weights on craigslist for $0.50 per pound. A good rack can be gotten for ~$350. You really don't even need $500 total for a beginners home gym

Attached: t-2-short.jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

What else besides a dumbbell would you recommend? I make decent money, so a $500 dollar investment at first would be idea. I just don't wanna spend that much and then miss out on other equipment/exercises, you know? Thanks for the information, brother.

If you are trying to lose weight and are spot on with your calories, how important are macros?

I've been dieting for almost 3 weeks and am having no trouble at all hitting my goal of 1700, but I'm not exactly eating healthy. I've cut out sweets and soda but have been eating lots of those lean cuisine frozen meals, subway, etc. Not feeling super hungry and haven't cheated on it one time yet. It almost feels too easy because I'm still eating tasty shit.

A power rack, a bench, a 45lb bar, 2 clips, garage mats, and weight. You don’t need a treadmill, you don’t need machines. Frills would be a 4” belt, straps, real gym clothes, and oly shoes. Supplements, whey, and preworkout out too.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I'm going to order some of that stuff now.

Hey Jow Forums, I already know about Chads, Brads and Staceys. Who else should I be on the lookout for?

Attached: C6591752-6524-4A86-B3F8-D52B7EED5712.jpg (1004x1024, 97K)

I love how when I make a QTDDTOT the original question never gets answered lol

are you lifting? Balancing macros is significant for maintaining muscle and progressing in strength, especially on a cut. If you're not lifting and eating bad despite still at a deficit, you're just gonna be skinny fat/a smaller version of yourself

33% of your calories should be protein, 33% fat and 33% carbs. Too many people here overestimate protein and underestimate carbs, but honestly just keep them balanced

How the fuck do I get enough protein while cutting on 1500 calories per day? What the fuck am I supposed to eat? I can't live on chicken and jerky and protein shakes alone. Example meals that are easy to make?

I'm 6'1" and started off where you're at. Skinnyfat is literally the worst. Newb gains doesn't fill in your body. It's mostly cns adaption. ~4 months before people you know notice you've been lifting. I'd guess 2 years if you stayed with a program and ate at a slight (100 cal) increase before randos can tell.

If you don't care about body composition and only weight loss, macros don't matter.

I keep losing motivation to lift because I just don’t know what I’m doin despite reading the sticky. I just want to have a good body and get.

Should I get a trainer instead?

Fuck no. Do stronglifts or some other 5x5 program you need to lift heavy trainers will have you doing some bullshit CrossFit crap.

you're not gonna make it if variety of pure proteins is essential for you. Low fat milk, low fat cottage cheese, various nuts (pistachios), lean beef, chicken, and egg whites are your best options. I try to take in things that have protein as the dominant macro throughout the day so I only have to eat a pure protein food once or twice a day

An example of my meals today (i worked 13 hours and freebirds is super convenient for dialing in macros)

Attached: Screenshot_20180409-231854.jpg (535x2237, 329K)

Can you explain why macros would change my body composition? If I am hitting my calorie goals but with sub optimal marcos, will it take the weight from things other than fat for example? This confuses me.

What do you guys do for neck and shoulder pain outside of seeing someone? I have both general pain and isolated tendons that feel like steel cords that hurt.

Attached: C66FBDD9-69A5-408C-B5F6-4705AAFE3C4E.jpg (400x400, 46K)

Your body needs protein to build and maintain muscle. If it's not getting enough protein and not lifting anything heavy, your body has no reason and no fuel to maintain muscle.

What app is that

>FatSecret
There might be better, but I've been using it for +3 years now. Also i use android and don't know if it's available on ios.

every calorie is made from a macro (carb, protein, fat). A gram of protein and a gram of carbs are both 4 calories. A gram of fat is 8 calories. Protein is needed for your muscles to repair themselves and subsequently get bigger/stronger. Not enough protein means not enough amino acids for your muscles to either grow or maintain in size.

Fat is a long-term energy source that increases testosterone, helps the body absorb nutrients and promotes muscle gain. Not as essential as protein, but a very important macro nonetheless

Carbs of what most people over-consume. It's a short term energy source that's good for before workouts and after. It's not necessary but not evil either.

If you're not getting protein/fat you're likely not improving on lifts well nor preserving enough muscle to make a cutting diet take 90% fat. Therefore you'll likely just be a smaller version of yourself

So protein powder and mexican food, ok lol.

1g fat == 9 kcals

I saw 8 somewhere else but I think you're right

Beans and rice make a whole protein. Chicken is amazing. But pretty much.

I'll also eat broccoli and eggs with cheese. Tuna straight from the can (with or without mayo). Chicken and carrots with rice. Turkey burgers. etc.

I'm a 5 foot 6 manlet and I weight next to nothing. I want to bulk without getting fat. Should I eat TDEE+300, or TDEE+500?

Nope, even less. +100-200. +250 *tops*

I'm basically a noob, having done mostly cardio for weightloss so far.
Getting into it serious lifting, and my idea for a program is very simple:

x3/week I do very light cardio (brisk walk basically) and full-body lifting focusing on heavy compounds but doing some accessory work too. Days between heavy days are spent greasing the groove (push-ups, chin-ups, etc. at 50-60% of max) and I'll also do slightly more intense cardio (either a 5k run or a 15-20 minute HIIT session).

I'm 6ft tall and weight 170lbs and live an otherwise very sedentary lifestyle, mostly working at a desk. Is it reasonable that I:
1) take no complete rest days, and get at least some light cardio in every day given that I otherwise just sit on my ass?
2) eat around 2800-2900kcal in order to do a clean bulk? Different online calculators are all over the place recommending everything from 2500kcal to 3000kcal so I'm looking to hear from people with experience.

Attached: 1476379820255.jpg (640x554, 130K)

Thanks for the response. Just wondering what your reasoning is?

*edition

If you're skinny fat you need to make a choice to cut or bulk. You're either gonna become a skeleton with hardly any muscle mass or kinda fat with hardly any muscle mass: but it's what you have to do. Skinnyfat is the worst possible mode to get out of because you're not going to look even remotely good until you finish your first bulk/cut cycle, which will be at-least 6 months, and that's just to get to a neutral level. But the good news is that you CAN do it.

Faggots, but should already know about those since you are one.

Tuna is like 12g protein per 4 oz can which in itself is only like 80 cal. Though you want to limit your tuna intake due to mercury content.
Other great protein foods that are low in cal:
>Protein Powder
>Protein bars (Quest, Kirkland knockoff brand, various others that aren't loaded with sugar and carbs)
>Jerky
>Reduced fat milk
>Meat of any kind
>Fish of any kind
>Cheese
>beans and rice

You leave it the fuck alone for at-least a week, if not two. If it still hurts see a doctor.

If you're a skeleton do +500 until you fill out a little, then switch to a lean bulk. Whenever you start to see fat, switch to a cut until your abs show up again. Rinse/repeat forever.

You should really have a rest day. If you keep beating your legs down forever they'll just keep breaking down until they're no longer usable in their current state. you'll have to let them heal for weeks and basically be bedridden, not to mention catabolism.

As for your calorie number, TDEE calcs can give you a good rough estimate but the only one telling the truth is your scale. Adjust your numbers based on your results. According to my TDEE I can gain weight on 2700 calories but I was barely gaining 1lb/week on 3150.

diff user but the body can gain muscle while putting on a minimal amount of fat if your surplus is also minimal, but you also gain muscle slower. Leanbulking is the long-con.

not the guy who answered you but the slower the bulk, the higher the % of new weight added being muscle and not fat. So it's good advice for anyone on a bulk.

You should eat at your TDEE, wait two weeks, and see what the scale says. Up 100 calories and repeat until it starts to slightly tip up. That's where you should eat at

The most muscle you can possibly gain as a natty is ~2lbs/month. Not to be a pessimist, but you're going to miss days in the gym or have a few shitty nights of sleep (hinders recovery). +500 cals a day is +4lbs/month. Double your optimal muscle gain and you specified without getting fat.

I use
>(bw*10)+300
As a starting point. If I'm losing or maintaining with my current activity level then i add 200 cals and see what happens in a few weeks, etc.

Ok, cool. Last question, should I eat the same amount of calories on rest days as I would on lifting days?

If you want to get really autistic about calories you can, but I find it's way less stress to just eat at the same every single day and find an intake that nets me the same weekly results I like.

Just started running again, got fitted for shoes at a specialty store and wasn't able to finish my run because the arch of my right foot and the outsides of my ankles started feeling a sort of intense soreness. Is this a shoe problem, or a foot problem because I do everything else in barefoot shoes?

Short Answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer, you actually need more on rest days because that's when your body is recovering and healing. But you might need some extra carbs before your workout to help push through prs and whatnot.

How long does it take for abs to become visible?say I'm at the right bf and work them 5 times a week how long would it usually take?

>(bw*10)+300
So 1700+300= just 2000kcal? Even though I work out every day? For a bulk? Doesn't seem right, I ate that much when I was LOOSING weight, and then I only jogged 3 times a week... am I misunderstanding you?

>You should really have a rest day
Good advice. I was thinking something very very light, like a brisk walk or something just so I don't spend all day on the couch.

Sounds like a "you need to give your body time to readjust to running" problem. But critiquing your form usually can't hurt.

Yogurt,steak,beans,brown rice,fish

>am i misunderstanding you?
Yes. I said
>as a starting point
I'm 6'1" @ 180lbs and bulk on 2200-2300 calories

Why does tendonitis exist? This fucking SUCKS

Right on, I'll check out some guides then. Any idea how long it usually takes to build up those stabilizing muscles?

I need ideas for meals involving tuna, chicken, protein powder, ground beef, greek yogurt, salmon, and eggs. The only ideas I have are eating meat by itself with seasonings or mixed with veggies and potatoes, in pasta, meatloaf, and chili. The only ways I know to use protein powder is in shakes, or added to oatmeal (fuck meal replacement bars). The only ways I know to eat greek yogurt are mixed with fruit and/or cocoa powder. Any other simple meal ideas with these things?

so I started Reg Park 5x5 yesterday instead of just circuiting around the gym, and while I get that I should adhere to a program, I just feel like 3x a week and only 4 exercises isn't enough. especially not in the legs. should I just add more exercises on? that's what I did yesterday and I don't feel overtrained.

Theres this fat behind my nipples, itsnnot gyno as its soft and the same texture as any other body fat. Is it generic or will it die durinf a cut?

I found that I could do 3 compounds and 4/5 accessory exercises when doing AxBxAxx. I basically took stronglifts and added some pull ups, dips, curls etc. I didn't feel over trained and made good progress with my lifts

>want to fuck a qt
>hit up a qt
>as soon as she agrees to go on a date with me I lose all interest in her

Am I gay?

Is my routine shit? Ive only been lifting for a month, about two years ago I lifted for 5 months though. Weight after exercise is hor much I did in the last visit to the gym so you can also criticize my progress and whatnot

ABxABxx

A
Bench press 5x5 (65kg), last set amrap
OHP 3x8 (25kg)
Dumbbell curls 3x8 (14kg dumbbells)
Cable crossovers 3x15-20
Tricep pulldowns 6x8-12 (45kg) SS Lateral raises 6x8-12 (7kg dumbbells)

After 3 sets of tricep pulldowns I switch to pulldowns with the triangle from the rope

B
Chinups 3x8
Dumbbell rows 3x8-12 (18kg dumbbells)
Seated cable rows 3x8-12 (48kg)
Facepulls 3x15-20 (36kg)
Curls 4x8-12 (10kg)
Hammer curls 4x8-12 (12kg)

188cm and weighing 72kg right now, I like the routine but I'm guessing its pretty shit. Im hoping someone will tear it apart for me and convince me to do something else, but at the same time I feel like Im making decent gains. Also is it that bad to not do legs?

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
discord.gg/WfgghsW

Attached: 1523307368094.jpg (708x480, 37K)

fuck off, no one wants your discord cancer, go to readit if you need to talk with a username

Should I do double rest days on a cut if I'm still feeling sore/not fully recovered?

For the love of god.

How many dips in one set before i need to add weight?

I'm at 12, was at 6 three weeks ago. Never had shoulders pain or things like that. Up to now it helped my shitty intermediate bench press (75kg).

Rippletits says 12-15 for ancillary exercies nattyornot.com says 20 to be sure the weighted version happens with the proper joinnt conditioning.

Now, there's a big gap between 12 and 20....

Attached: 1522177004991.png (950x1402, 1.73M)

Someone posted this great Korean fitness model Insta on here once and i've never been able to find it again

Anyone know which?

Hello Im a total beginner at lifting and trying to work my way around the basics. Just bought a barbell with 20 kgs to start getting the movement right.

As far as i understand i should start picking a weight so that i can do around 8-10 reps.

What i do not understand however is how to determine the number of sets i should be doing. Does any one have insight on how to select the number of sets?

read Starting Strenght. Take 2 weeks to read it THOROUGHLY.

You could spend 250 dollars on used half rack and bench (no need for reclinable bench). Plus 200 dollars for a 28mm (cast iron) barbell with ~150kg in plates (28mm hole).

Plus you need plywood (40/50 dollars 1200x2400mm boards, 3mm thick)

This is my setup (eurofag here)

28mm barbells usually sustain up to 150/160 kg. After 3 months i'm deadlifting 130.

I will probably get myself a better 28mm barbell, steel (still 28mm plates, because olimpic sets with 50mm holes are OFF THE CHART!!!).

If i was to begin from scratch: i would buy from the get going a Rogue r3 cage, dump the half rack, and get the CHEAPEST bench i could get.

fucking hell she has muckle tits

That tattoo is awful

My legs are absolutely destroyed after each session, which is good, but my upper body isn't. I'm doing SS and feel like I can't even add any weight to bench&OHP without failing. I lift almost until failure, but my muscles just aren't sore. What am I doing wrong?

Attached: été.png (508x932, 1.11M)

>5'6 119lb 21 years
>i go to the rock climbing gym 3 days a week (three hours a session, hit hard) and walk around 20km a week, probably more (10k step a day usually), also around 10-20 km/week with the bike, occasionallywork in the garden, cook for the family everyday
how much calories should i eat? what level of activity i have? ( i am a student)

How should I go about dealing with concurrent fitness goals? On one hand I want to focus on strength and just increasing my main lifts as much as possible, but I also want to train specifically for rugby and improve my cardio and stuff for that as well, and I also want to get better at surf boat rowing (which mostly falls under doing a lot of erg work multiple times a week along with some weekly water sessions). I find that the frequency to acheive all these goals is too much for my week and I want to find a way to balance these so that they do not hinder each other.

Your body adapts to what you do. If you play a lot of rugby you will get better at rugby.

For the sake of this question, assume I lift the same amount every day. As I get stronger, do I burn less calories because it takes less effort? Or am I still expending the same amount of energy with my body acclimated to the expenditure?

Pick SS or SL and do 5x5 sets to build up some strength (of course with ramped-up warm up sets). Do this consistently for a year or more until you have around novice/intermediate strength, then switch to a program depending on your goals.

Are you eating enough? Maybe try deloading 5-10 lbs on the upper body exercises and perform them with better form, aiming for more CNS output/muscle tension. Continue this until you increase strength.

Use myfitnesspal. Set daily movement to very active and add your cardio/exercises calorie burning everyday and track yourself.

That's the hard part user, you cannot master all of these things. Either continue what you are doing and slowly increase your bodily performance or focus on one goal and achieve that. I think it's doable though, FWIW I am doing SS, sprinting, boxing and climbing every week, not on a regular schedule, but I exercises every day and I'm now just used to it.

Not an expert but I assume that since the amount of work being done increases with the gains you make (heavier lifts), your energy intake increases accordingly. physicsclassroom.com/calcpad/energy

Are you aware that you have ZERO leg workouts?????

How unhealthy is it to inhale a can of Pringles a day? I don't care about the calories since I'm mainly into endurance sports and burn a lot of calories but is there a lot of other crap in it that's unhealthy to eat too much of?

Attached: 1521546137974.jpg (1080x1349, 183K)

I wouldn't add weight till at least 20 for multiple sets, also I'm sure I'll get some flak for it but I recommend stopping the dipping just before 90 degrees, takes a lot of the stress off the shoulder, no half ass dips or anything take it to roughly 90 and go back, some people go way past 90 and that's where you risk shoulder impingement aspecially if you are doing a lot, I do 4-5 sets of 15 with 100lbs on me and never get shoulder pain from them

As a fellow endurance athlete, it's subjective. You can justify things like that because you think that you're burning the calories/fat anyway, but it's still processed shit. I would be more concerned with the fact that eating like that would affect your performance more than your general health in the long run.

>tfw ran a pace 10K on Saturday, then drank a thousand beers and a whole pan pizza that night.

It's mostly the processed shit I'm worried about so I don't run into heart problems or crap like that down the line, stuff like Pringles just seems like a fast and easy way to replenish calories after running. I'm a long way from racing anyways, right now I'm just in the process of building mileage so I'm progressing fast even though I haven't started adjusting my diet or anything like that yet.

Pringles are safe, I'm in the same boat with you. I eat that kind of crap all day at work so I have some semblance of energy before my second workout.

What are you working at now?

Right now I'm just focusing on completing a 10K, I'm tall and heavy so I'm slow as shit, I run a 5K at like 37 minutes. I want to focus on running 10-20K distances and I'm also going to pick up a wetsuit soon and start doing open water swimming because I've always wanted to get into triathlons.

I've been dieting for a month, I've stopped driking coke and other harmful drinks.
I've started drinking water more often, But I still have the need for sweet drinks.
Right now I drink:
Water
Natural Juices
Tang (and other powder + water drinks)
And yogurt.
Any ideas of what should I be drinking?

Zero calorie soda

Stay strong user and fight the need. You will get over it eventually. Otherwise, try coconut water.

Been pissing around with a ppl and recently started on greyskull LP , would it be possible to skip rest days and do monday Tuesday rest on Wednesday and then workout Thursday Friday ? I feel like I could be doing more than three times a week. If there's any alternate programs for four or five days a week for a beginner that would be helpful as well.

>Maybe try deloading
Alright, I'll think about it. Thanks.

If you're picking it back up, just make sure you ease into it. Shouldn't take more than a couple weeks, unless we're talking 5+ years later or you're doing 5ks right out the gate. Ease into and you should be fine.

bulk or cut doing PHUL 5'10 162lb

Attached: 20180102_122530.jpg (1236x1384, 173K)

>doing only 2 compounds
>literally no legs
just do SS
add an arm day if you want as long as it doesn't hurt your recovery, even Rippetoe is accepting of people doing this

whats SS?

asked this in a previous thread but got no response.

any tips on preventing hemorrhoids? think I'm going to quit GOMAD and drink more water for one but wondering if I can do anything with my exercise in order to help.

Starting Strength, it's pretty much the go-to routine for new lifters.

also, read the sticky

Egg is an amazing conjoiner.
>mix egg and tuna/salmon into a ball
>season to liking
>make smaller balls and cook flat on stove
Tuna cakes. Add protein powder if you need to hit the macro.

>2 eggs, 1 banana, 1 scoop protein powder
>mix until pancake batter
>make fitCakes
Jow Forums Pancakes

>add protein powder to yogurt

A few of my personal favs.

If I feel like I’m going to throw up after a workout should I still try to force down a protein shake?

also should I just cut since i have moobs and i really wanna get rid of em

>am i gay?
Are you sexually attracted to men at all

No, that's unfortunately the nature of cutting, especially when you're sub 15%. Getting better rest (sleep) is the only thing that I've found helps.

I say bulk to 175 lbs and then cut. Or try recomp by watching your diet and counting calories.
It's not that bad. See above comment.

Learn to google.
"To prevent hemorrhoids and reduce symptoms of hemorrhoids, follow these tips: Eat high-fiber foods. Eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk, which will help you avoid the straining that can cause hemorrhoids."

No, wait for 15 min or until when you think your body has stabilized.

when will I see visible, physical progress? When did you start feeling actually better with your shirt off? Started in January, been eating a fuckton, and have gained somewhere between 10-15 pounds, and I've certainly gotten stronger, but I look exactly the same.

can you gain muscle on a recomp? and could you explain to me what it is? i hear its a meme alot

Ask a dealer or a soccer mom

>Learn to google.
yes, I know more fibre = less hemorrhoids. that's why I didn't ask about changing diet so much as exercising. it's well known that lifting weights increases the chance and all I've seen online is to focus on breathing, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or further tips with hemorrhoids.

If the weight doesn't increase, and the time under tension remains the same, your body adapts to it and becomes more efficient at it, so that it can expend less energy.

I bought this cheap ass fish oil and just wanted to make sure it wouldn't give me aids or some shit before I started taking it. The EPA/DHA content isn't fucking listed which is throwing me off. I read online that its something like 360mg / 240mg per 2 so maybe 4 per day? This was just from a single source of bodybuilding.com though with no source either so I have no clue.

Will this cheap """"""fish"""""" oil kill me?