Has anyone fucked their lower back deadlifting?

What was it like? How did you overcome it? How long did it take?

As for me,

>Saturday I was pulling around 85% of my max
>Hit 5 reps with good form (4th and 5th rep were pretty difficult, although nothing out of the ordinary)
>The 6th rep, at the very bottom (weight didn't move off the floor), I feel an intense pain that spread through my entire lower back area. Almost numb
>Can't move for about a minute or two. Basically unable to unrack the weight from the bar (took me about 10 minutes)
>Manage to power through the rest of my workout

>NOW: lower back very sore, still unable to reach down without intense pain
>Takes me about 2 minutes to put my shoes on. Basically walking around like a 90 year old man
>Seems to be getting a bit better day by day

Also, I'm 32 and have been deadlifting for around 2 years, has never happened to me

Attached: 11a60dc14f30fcef3b17f28d30523ec.png (1080x1076, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc
youtube.com/watch?v=kukmaW9CmSU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is why you don't deadlift heavy.

> >30
>deadifts
There you go

this video saved me and will save u
m.youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc

When i first started lifting 5 years ago, i went maybe 2 months deadlifting with a super arched back. I had watched videos on correct form and it felt like i was doing that, first time i watch myself deadlift in the mirror and i see the worst form possible. 5 years later and i still have problems, i am doing strictly body weight exercises now

Should've been doing kettlebell swings lamo

Yeah mate, i've been lifting about 10 years, and finally 2 years ago dropped deadlifts all together. It ALWAYS follows this patern (for me)
>deadlift
>going well for weeks
>feels completely fine every week
>have a bad night sleep or tired
>deadlift with perfect form as per
>pull lower back exactly as OP describes
>fucked, can barely take a deep breath
>set back for weeks, stop deadlifting
>think its better
>start over at lower weight
>work back up over weeks
>pull back again

Just dont do them, you dont NEED them for a great body despite what anyone on here says. In my case, i'm 99% sure its the fact i have very tight and short hamstrings from years of running as a teen. Short hamstrings pulls the lower back in positions like deadlift. I do rack pulls instead meaning i dont have to go anywhere near as low and still get insane back and trap gains. Hamstring curls and a few other hamstring exercises in place of that missing peice and you're sorted.

Attached: 1522922991056.jpg (1536x1152, 254K)

I've done the exact same thing. It's probably gonna suck for a couple weeks. Keep moving as much as you can and get back to lifting as soon as you are pain free.

Pay more attention next time.

>What was it like?
Stabbing pain in my lower back coupled with immediate decrease in strength (l4-l5 protrusion).
>How did you overcome it?
Physiotherapy
>How long did it take?
6 months

switch to sumo and save your back

I had a similar experience with shooting back pain but not from deadlifting, I was just picking up a heavy dumbbell. I then had recurring problems with back pain after workouts for a while. I removed exercises until I found the perpetrators - crunches and hyperextensions - and replaced them with isometric exercises (weighted planks and glute bridges).

I'm now a complete believer in Stuart McGill's work on back degeneration and theory that the core should not be exercised except isometrically (though I do weighted isometrics rather than his tame bodyweight routine). Without even looking at his work though, from a purely common sense perspective it trains the wrong motor patterns (you're never going to flex/extend your spine significantly when moving something heavy).

youtube.com/watch?v=kukmaW9CmSU

I deadlift and squat still and have no pain. I think I actually eliminated a few form issues with my switch to isometrics.

>Intense pain in lower back
>Continues workout

Are you fucking stupid
No wonder it's so bad right now

happened to me. Im now a form nazi.
I deloaded to a miserably low weight, and I increase weight by a tiny amount each week.

No point being juicy if your legs don't work.

No point in deadlifts or squats. You can optimally achieve maximum hypertrophy in any of the muscle groups without doing them. It's the same with long distance running, there's no point.

But people want to go to the gym and ego lift and feel strong and good about themselves. Being young (especially under 25) you wont notice the wear and tear on your body. It's only when you start getting older and you start blowing your knees and having lower back pain that you notice the longterm effects.

Also even if you make the arguement that those movements are worth it, the risk of injury doing them far outweigh the benefits when you can do other movements with less risk and achieve maximum hypertrophy.

I'm 24 years old, started lifting at 15, incorporated deadlifts/squats into my workouts a year into lifting, by 24 my lower back was fucked needed physiotherapy and chiro so about 9 years into those movements and they eventually fucked me up.

Unless you are competing, know the risks, have perfect form, I wouldn't do deadlifts or barbell squats.

pussy

i'm too afraid of crushing my feet

how heavy were you lifting?

Lol people never warm up or stretch all there muscles everyday so when they get hurt doing squats and deadlifts with shitty form they blame the exercise instead of themselves.

I heard stretching BEFORE lifts was a bad idea

It is stupid to risk harming your back by lifting VERY heavy weights. You can safely do other exercises to get almost same results as someone doing heavy squats and dead lifts.

how heavy are you talking when you say "very"

how light are you proposing?

I herniated a disc but did fuck all to fix it. It was sore for about 8 months.

After sitting around for an hour my back would get incredibly stiff and painful.

I still get a little soreness from time to time and have been to the physio since. They confirmed it was a herniated disc and gave me some routines to help alleviate any soreness.

If you fuck your back up. Get it sorted straight away. Don't be a retard like me!

probably bulging disc, nothing you can really do but keep movie unless you want to go to the doctor and get the opiatejew

THAT 30 YEAR OLD WHO BREAKS HIS BACK LIFTINg 2 pLAETS

Attached: Moustache_Bondissante_(manga).png (267x246, 62K)

>how heavy are you talking when you say "very"

Enough that if you do a bad lift it will fuck you up. Everyone has a different weight.

you sound like a pussy who isn't even close to 1/2/3/4

rather than learn proper form, you cower at the sheer force of the weight, and scurry away from it like a frightened rodent.

maybe you should actually focus on your own weaknesses before you project them onto everyone else on this board

When you have that ONE bad lift that fucks up your back.. and you WILL have that one bad lift... remember me the coward that has NO back pain and looks great and you hobble from place to place in pain.

your form broke down, you probably went to low and started pulling which puts a lot of stress on low back and probably pulled a muscle

Yep, but it was minor. Only took 6 months to recover.
What was worse was fucking my back up just by leaning to the side looking in the bathroom mirror. took 3 years to recover from it.