Gains and physical labor

Does anybody else here work a physically demanding job? I work at UPS loading trucks and lifting around 1000 packages a day ranging from .5 to 175 lbs. it's starting to have a negative impact on my body and my recovery time is a lot longer compared to other people. Sometimes I am too sore to work out afterwards and the thought of lifting more weight is daunting. How do you guys deal with it?

What does Jow Forums do for a job?

Attached: IMG_1991.jpg (220x149, 23K)

I was considering finding a 24 hour gym so I could go work out before work since I usually start around 4am, but the ones near me are kind of pricey.

Pack lot's of sandwitches lot's and lot's of sandwitches and lift low volume

Attached: Witch.jpg (394x470, 49K)

That's what you get for working manual labor

Manual labour is pretty shit for gains, you typically only do a fuckload of extremely repetetive movements with light/medium loads. You're more likely to just fuck up your joints in the long run, the best you can hope for is some forearm gains

HVAC Tech. Lift 100-300lb boiler sections to climbing 4 story ship ladders. Only thing I've noticed it's in my back and knees. Job requires a lot of kneeling/bending that just wrecks my shit sometimes.

Furniture delivery
I believe it’s done wonders for my forearms and legs

Attached: 1522942363112.jpg (900x600, 69K)

Homegym

I've worked in construction, been in the military and now I move and install A/C Units, sort of like except I'm not a tech, I'm just the goon who moves the heavy shit around

Attached: 1522942562316.jpg (660x440, 37K)

I miss hard mindless labor with the bare minimum of human contact.
It leaves me tired but happy and I get a decent paycheck at the end of the week.

Those jobs don't really exist. It's team based shit where I have to deal with assholes and nonsense.

Attached: 1505295194400.jpg (849x1043, 319K)

Yes, most of the packages are awkward to handle and it's not ideal for building muscle

there is this book that supposedly show how to build muscle by carrying boxes

I used to do the same job it was fucking miserable. Eat more and get sleep is all you can do.

Pepsi Merchandiser. It's pretty demanding physically but we do get alot of down time so it isn't like most manual labor jobs

I had the exact same job. Loading the package cars in the morning.

You can still make gains but you have to eat a lot and you can't expect to make progress as fast as you would without all the manual labor on top of your lifting.

Just be consistent and add weight slowly. Your body will adapt. There are athletes that put in a lot more work than loading package cars + working out.

I'm in the military now and I deal with the same shit. We do bullshit PT in the morning which consists of running, rucking or calisthenics and then I lift after work. I have to work around the PT schedule that is dictated to me but it is what it is.

stop lying.
and
you're a pussy.

I work at a moving company, and no I haven't noticed any negative sides to it, quite the opposite I can eat a lot more food because of all my physical activity and I have plenty of energy left for the gym.

Mining Bro here. Typically do 12-13 hour days 5 on 5 off, it can be a real gains goblin cause youre pretty much fucked physically at the end of the day.

My best advice is to up your calorie intake and make best use of any powered lifting equipment you have.

I dont know how long your days are, but I try to basically cram everything i need to eat/do within the confines of my working day so im left with maximum downtime at the end of a shift

Attached: 1523233314843.gif (300x225, 1.94M)

Exactly. My work involves lots of manual labour which u enjoy, but the people I work with are completely retarded, ignorant bastards.

What am I lying about?

Hey thank you you for the real advice man, I gonna attempt to eat more and get to bed earlier, but you know how it is during peak season I bet

>mining
>goblin
does he drop any shiny loot

Idiot.
One of the most physical jobs I ever had was unloading freight for UPS to be loaded onto the conveyor and then on to the trucks. We (being me and another guy) usually would unload 4-6k on an average day and at peak season it would be 2-3x that amount. The shit will make you strong if you rest properly and eat enough. That's where a lot of guys go wrong.

I've been working with metal for the past four years now. Using overhead cranes, heavy equipment, basic machining, and occasionally running a laser table. Still quite a bit of heavy lifting, just not as fast past.

Attached: thisplace.jpg (1000x563, 541K)

in b4 roids

Yes unloading is tough and I've experienced that a few times, I'm happy that you moved onto something more profitsble, I'll take your advice and try to eat more.

I do moving. Its cool for conditioning at first but to be honest it's probably a gains killer. I'd recover faster and lift more often without it.

At least it gets easier/you get better at it the stronger you get. Pretty cool to monetize your gains

I do drywall currently, it works mainly grip strength, shoulders, and traps. Used to be a ditch digger, actually got fairly strong off if doing that all day.

>HVAC
I do not envy you

what is best job for muscle gains

ChosenUndead.jpg

Idk how "physically demanding" this would be considered but I'm an OT working in the med surg unit and basically lifting patients all day. I'm by far the biggest and most fit out of all the other therapists and nurses on my floor so I'm the go to guy to transfer fatasses. Pretty sure I could get by skipping diddlys and squats at the gym.

pro athlete

I used to hammer rocks with a sledgehammer all day making flagstone the only thing I got out of it was a herniated back. Work smart not hard brehs

Had a mildly labor intensive job last summer and found it tough to get to the gym even 3x/week, but twice a week was doable for me. Kinda miss shoveling asphalt desu (but obv don't want to be doing that for the rest of my life)

Work at a pork plant in the shipping department. Average box is around 70 pounds and I’m usually picking up 500+ a day. Only fucks with my back if I’m lazy and don’t bend all the way but you get used to throwing a lot if you’re not a fat fuck and in decent shape. Only really affects my recovery time and I tend to plateau on occasion but I can usually break through on a good night

I drive a truck for ups and I'm in the cab doing blow while you cucks are unloading it

trucks were invented so that stupid people could have jobs.

(just kidding breh)