Exercises that are a one way ticket to snap city

Exercises that are a one way ticket to snap city

I'll start with

>Heavy weighted dips

Attached: 33fae8d2ec6bbfdfab3a8669686ca6c16110da97.jpg (870x489, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bretcontreras.com/no-two-hips-are-the-same-how-anatomical-variance-can-affect-your-range-of-motion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heavy Squats

t. soymale

heavy skull crushers

>weighted dips
These always make my chest feel like it's going to split apart
Does this go away? Am I doing them wrong?

Nope, that’s stress being put on your sternum. Which is why you don’t do weighted dips.

Weighted dips are a "meme" exercise that losers have been pushing for a while now.
Most people simply can not do them and the people who can do them, do them rarely.
Everyone else who does them are just losers who're trying to show off or do what the big boy lifters do.

Hand stand pushups are harder and do more but you can't sell weight belts or have a ton of weight added OR DO THEM so it's not really pushed as hard.

I add over 30kg to my dips, always go super low and don't feel shit (shit as in pain, not shit as in progress)

barbell lifting in hope that someone will love you some day

Attached: 1516282190877.jpg (680x241, 9K)

I love weighted dips. I weigh 205 lbs, and add a 40 pound vest when I dip. I’m thinking of adding a dumbbell on top of this.
You lazy fuckers are ruining good exercises. Next, you’ll be posting about how dangerous weighted chin-ups/ pull-ups are too. All lifts are dangerous.

>weighted pullups
Are these bad too? What the fuck

This.
It has been empirically procent, that life leads to death, so stop being a pussy and do what you want, stop choosing easy options.

There is no bad lift as long as you have proper form, and aren't lifting more than you can handle.

Everyone of actual value on Jow Forums has left. There used to be good info in with the shitposting, now it’s all intentionally bad advice to fuck with newbies.
>muh onions onions onions
>starting strength is all you need to be aesthetic, trust me bro
>don't do any core or bicep isolation, compounds work those plenty and only douchebags do biceps
>GOMAD or go home, you won’t get fat I promise
>lol you count the weight of the bar, kys faggot
>you have visible abs and you're under 250 lbs? shoo shoo hungry skelly
>what, you're not 7' 6"? fucking manlet

That is objectively wrong.

doing 2 plate weighted dips for 5 reps at 85kg bodyweight, great for triceps

Weighted dips are goat and everyone who says otherwise is a coward searching for excuses

T. +115lb at 154lbs

Except hand stand pushups offer no advantage to the barbell equivalent ohp
>Lower rom
>Upside down
>Can't add weight

More muscles used,
Safer
Can do it anywhere
Can help you do more strenuous movements that will lead to greater strength and athleticism
Helps keep the weight down
Pure athleticism
Makes bitches wet
Makes you strong as fuck
OHP your bodyweight but cant do Handstands = pussy.

I can go on, gym bitch.

Than prove me wrong, objectively.

you faggot love bench press who kills people and/or their shoulders regularly but hate the dip which is a much more mechanically advantageous movement. LMAOing at your life

Barbell rows.

Objectively shittier than seated cable work.

Attached: 1523204805938.jpg (1080x1080, 132K)

I made this post so clearly not

false
true

Anyone who's worked out for longer then 4 months can tell you that certain lifts and movements just don't work right for them.

Most people simply can not do dips
Many people simply can not do barbell squats.

I can go on.
I have links to studies that back this and even go into physiology.

I know you want to shill ERREYONE SHOULD DO DA BEEF LEEFTS AND THIS NEW LEEFT THAT IS KIND OF POPULAR WITH A FEW TARDS
But that's not how it works in the real world, and pushing the idea that they should do those lifts in spite of how it can potentially hurt them and any pain they might feel is wrong.

>anecdotal evidence
>objective

Attached: 1519941730155.gif (600x600, 899K)

>most people simply can not lift themselves up using chest and tris
>many people simply can not sit down
bait harder bitch

Not the user you responded to, but...
The fact that there is such a thing as proper form shows that there are some movements the body is not built to go through no matter how slowly and carefully one progresses. I could do rounded back good mornings, and say that they're some new exercise; however, no matter how careful I'd be about progressing them, I'd still fuck my shit up.

>Most people simply can not do dips
>Many people simply can not do barbell squats
You mean "cannot". "Can not" means something different.

I got up to +90lbs for sets of 5 @ 230lbs bw. I pulled a pec muscle on two separate occasions and decided dips weren't for me. I'd rather add extra bench sets or close grip.

>Many people simply can not do barbell squats.
You mean people with spine deformities?

Any of them if done improperly.
Bad form or too heavy weight can lead to snap city on any lift.

>Many people simply can not do barbell squats.
???

It is an awkward movement for people with long femurs

Attached: 1477502730472.jpg (629x828, 160K)

I don't think you fully comprehend that my and everyone elses anecdotal evidence proves that your assertion is incorrect.

bretcontreras.com/no-two-hips-are-the-same-how-anatomical-variance-can-affect-your-range-of-motion/
You should also look up Stuart Mcgill and what he has to say.

Also, if you think dips are these great awesome bench press replacements and that everyone should be doing them then you're either a fucking shill or you're some tard who's just started working out or doing said dips a week ago.

I'm telling you something that you should goddamned well know after a single fucking year of exercise or just dicking around in a gym
Every movement isn't for every one and some movements are worse.
Dips are a fucking show off/toy workout.
Ones that will lead to aches and pains that you'll be dealing with for years.

We aren't all mini men or dwarvish folk
I know your sense of self or paycheck depends on people thinking that DA SKWAT is the god of all things exercise.
But you're a fucking idiot.

I'm not talking about meme lifts. I'm talking about well-known lifts. Bench press + common variations, squats, OHP, deadlifts, rows, curls, dips/pullups/chins. They can all be done with proper form and proper weight and you won't snap your shit up. People who opt for inferior machine work because they believe lies about these exercises are just sad.

Cable work is superior to rows in every way.

>can change where you pull to
>can change hand spacing
>allows you to completely isolate the lats

I'll fight you over it.

Show me a single fucking long time lifter who hasn't snapped their shit up.
Show me a single lifter who doesn't have a few exercises that they either suck at or simply can't do.

You simply can not
You know less then fuck all about lifting outside of wanting other people to lift and whatever you read in a book.

>You simply can not
You mean "cannot". "Can not" means something different.

No. The only reason some people “cannot” do barbell squats is because they have no idea how to proper form, and either give up, or attempt a first try with too heavy a weight.
Everyone can do a dip. Eventually. It just take time and dedication to training the needed muscles.
It sounds to me like you’re trying to turn your gym space into a safe space for faggots.

>It sounds to me like you’re trying to turn your gym space into a safe space for faggots.
>implying gyms aren't that already

It’s a place for faggots, sure, but you can bet your tits those faggots aren’t in a safe space when it comes to the locker room

>No. The only reason some people “cannot” do barbell squats is because they have no idea how to proper form, and either give up, or attempt a first try with too heavy a weight.
This isn't a fucking will power thing or some issue you have to be a fucking acolyte over.
We have actual motherfucking scientific proof that many people are incapable of doing it and that many people who can do it are putting themselves at serious risk.

That is a fucking fact.
And everyone can do a dip. Everyone can slam their goddamned arm in a car door. Doesnt' mean that you should.

Dips are a shit toy exercise that is being meme'd into popularity with fucking idiots.

Go pretend that you're a big bad ass for being able to perform a lift that shapes your buns and thighs elsewhere fuccboi.

You’re full of shit. Everyone can squat. Maybe not ATG safely, but a squat is a squat. There are some people who can’t go through the full ROM for certain lifts, so they’re missing out on some aspects, but they can still safely do the exercise.
Or he’ll, just do quarter squats if you’re going to be a whiny cunt about things. No need to squat too low and scrape your vagina.

Oh, I see.
I was embarassed by your bullshit and was going to rake your simple ass over the coals, but I think i'll let you slink away from your A2G are the only squats faggotry and have your face saving victory.

>ego lifts and tears his pec
>"dude this exercise sucks lol"

>Gym bitch
Why are you here

Parallel squats are better. I’m just using exaggerated arguments like you are, Mr “Some Humans Are Incapable Of Performing Basic Human Movements”.

Attached: 1500526036370.png (3056x2184, 3.62M)

I let you have your little victory user.
Don't fucking push it.

I don't know why but this guy started squatting with me a week ago. Always one set and when I'm doing mine. He puts about the same weight as me, which isn't a lot but I've never seen this guy squat before. He does like quarter-rom squats and struggles. He's going to hurt himself one day or maybe already has. I felt like helping him but he always has a smug look after he unracks the weight so maybe I won't