Did first boxing workout today

>did first boxing workout today
Holy shit, everything hurts but I've never had a better workout. I don't think I can go back

Attached: tumblr_m1m70hZrMS1roq7s3o1_1280.jpg (1186x750, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kEpXzMF148c
youtube.com/watch?v=-8RyiRkegxI&t=687s&index=75&list=PL_RDJyjY6Ks25-fwKKeUw-KOJheOqB3fB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same here, my lats and obliques hurt a bit. I put my lifting routine on hold and will focus on conditioning now.

Dont you have friends you can tell this to?

You are all my friends here

>posting on Jow Forums
>having friends

Attached: 1337898003994.png (253x380, 107K)

We’re all gonna make it

Nice, I'm gonna start soon too.

Attached: 1518296585995.jpg (496x641, 61K)

Laugh out loud

I love boxing workouts, but hate fighting because even light sparring is an unacceptable level of brain trauma (most traumatic brain injury in athletes is due to a massive amount of light impacts, not one big impact). So keep on eye on your brain health bro.

shut the fuck up nerd

Enjoy looking like this

Attached: images(12).jpg (680x451, 17K)

Why not? It works for Justin Trudeau.

Don't care about looks, just getting in shape

He's right, though. Everyone doing a combat sport should at least be aware of CTE.
I'd advise for regular sparring as a beginner (otherwise you'll pick up bad habits) and then do it less often, once you get the hang of it (after a year or two).

Also, keep lifting you fag. Unless you want to compete (in which case you are a retard), you can do both. I've been running, lifting and doing muay thai (each) twice a week for years now.

How was it?

Are you suuuure you'll never go back?
What did you do on the first day?

I recently got stoked on boxing because of Ippo :(
I just want someone to punch me in the face.
I want to know if I can take it.

Attached: ippo no.gif (500x375, 180K)

Yea, it works muscles you never thought you had. Wait until you start sparring. You won't get enough of it.

This is true. Sparring 2 or 3 days a week is good though.

I sparred my first day at my boxing gym lol. They made me go up against one of their better boxers and I got the shit beat out of me. If you are looking for a gym make sure it is majority mexican or black.

It'll be a while before you're at the point of throwing punches at people

>Wants to take hits to head
>What is brain damage

As a cardio it's great, but only poor, barbaric people want to mess with their brain health

And yes these are people that i see in clinic

That's ok by me.
Ippo even got me stoked on doing roadwork

You couldn't pay me to go for a run
but call it roadwork and, senpai, I'm in

t. Person who will suffer severe brain damage if they are ever faced with a violent confrontation

The vast majority of people who train combat sorts at an amateur level never have any serious injuries, but develop enough skill to defend themselves in a serious situation.

>bbut muh brain
Serious amounts of cope going on here by "men" who are afraid of grtting punched a few times.

>sparing first day
bad gym. leave that sahit now! they have no respect for you. niggers and (less so) mexicans are NOT an ideal you dumb cunt unless you want to be down 20 IQ points in 2 years.

>They made me go up against one of their better boxers
Which is a good thing. You'll learn more
>I got the shit beat out of me
Sparring is practice, so especially if your opponent is more experienced, you shouldn't be "literally" getting your ass beat. But a little blood and a headache is normal.
>make sure it's majority Mexican or black
True. My dad used to drive me to Philly to a good gym when I was 15-17. Mine was mainly Hispanic and some blacks. White kids in America really aren't hungry anymore.

what fucking gyms do you mongoloids go to? sparing first day is maximum retardation.

Only sparred my first day then 1 week after when I asked to spar. Been going there for a couple of months now and that is just something they do to a new member to see if what they are working with. I had the choice of sparring my first day and took it and got some respect from the experienced members.

It is, but I'm just assuming he's been going to gym for a while. I didn't spar until after 2 months, and it was against a pro.
I was forced to work but I didn't get hurt. The poster above needs to leave that gym I think.

>doing anything for the first time
>being surprised its a good workout

this is like a powerlifter joining a track team and being surprised how hard it was to get through training. Dunno why its so surprising to you user

Boxing is alot different though. Lol

my coaches had me spar vs the pro in the gym but not until at least 3 months of training. and i only spared vs him one round. and it was to help HIM out more than myself. not much you can learn when you are mostly guarding.

And swimming is a lot different from boxing. Whats your point?

i dont understand how going up against someone who is significantly worse than you is going to help at all.

Attached: 1503362184004.jpg (1244x701, 92K)

Sparring is a learning experience for both fighters. Nothing will prepare you for the ring better than sparring. I recommend reading books written by former boxers from the past. They all say:
Sparring:1
Roadwork:2
Then everything else.

my point is that sparring first day with no other training/conditioning is dumb and any pro will agree with me.

it was a marathon spar he was in the ring for 6 or 7 rounds sparing vs fresh opponents each time.

I dont regret sparring my first day. It was only one round and the guys at my gym have been awesome to me ever since. It gave me a reality check on how hard boxing will be.

I never said sparring on the first day was a good thing. The guy said he got his ass beat on his first day, to which I responded by telling him he shouldn't be getting hurt in sparring. Some trainers have different methods.

any specific books you can recommend?

Been thinking of starting kickboxing or muay thai. I don't really even want to spar or compete, just want to learn technique and get conditioned and possibly meet some people in the process.

Any thoughts on kickboxing vs muay thai ?

Attached: 1522939911087.jpg (306x306, 16K)

Muay Thai is better in every way but it really doesn’t matter

Muay Thai is dope my dude. I've been getting PT sessions with it for a few months now. When my trainer says I'm doing something wrong, I try to fix it, but in the process I usually fuck something else up, and have to fix that. By the time I've started to do it all right, I'm too tired to continue doing it correct. Best advice is get your fucking stamina and cardio up so you don't fall off when you start to get it right friendo.

Go for muay thai if you're really going to train your ass off. Otherwise do kickboxing, you'll get the hang of it faster (but don't expect to be a good fighter quickly)

roadwork?

>Can't go back
I know this feel

running

No joke I sat in at my Uni's boxing club today too

Running.

Back when I first got into boxing I sparred on my first day, and it was against one of the better guys as well, but it was extremely light. Coach did it to see how I reacted in a raw and untrained state, said it helped him see how i would probably work best if I was trained. Used to say you could tell a man's stock by how he reacts under that kind of pressure.

But he was big on us not getting hurt when we sparred for the first time as well.

Glad you like it. Been boxing for allmost my whole life including amateur fights.

Now I'm 26 and my shoulders and hands are fucked beyond belief. Especially my left shoulder kills me

How do I increase these numbers? Would a firmer bag increase my G force? And I just want 30 mph, is it even possible?

Attached: Screenshot_20180410-224449.png (1080x1920, 844K)

Train your legs.

I can squat 405 for reps. But my hams and arse are lagging, is that going to hold me back? Also, I read about russian twists and serratus work, is that going to make a difference?

Punching power is a complicated subject because there art different kinds of power punches. From what I have seen, the vast majority of people just don't utilize their body (torso, legs) while punching. Never try to get the strength from your arms. Secondly, I think you should focus on speed rather than strengh. You will never be a hard puncher without speed (unless youre naturally gifted with a puncher's physique). "Speed kills" ..

Did muay thai for a number of years.
I had an excellent trainer who always put people's health and happiness first but my right arm is fuckkkked and I fractured my leg twice lmao.

love u bro, never stop confiding with us

Yeah Muay Thai is probably worse. Never understood how you people block kicks with your legs. I often didnt tape my hands properly when I was young because I was too lazy and now I have trouble moving my fingers.

*I mean I can move them but its difficult to make a fist, they feel very rusty.

Both leg fractures were from kicking too high and catching my shin on someone's knee.
If you block with your knee or upper shin, it barely hurts at all.
I still have great mobility with my arm, but every joint can pop at will and I get arthritis in it at 25.

Did you build up your shin by kicking banana trees?

No, but I built up my knuckles by punching trees in the Yukon

My speed and power is pretty good, I just want more. Is just drilling down the patterns going to increase both?

>I can squat 405 for reps. But my hams and arse are lagging
You're not going deep enough. Also do deadlifts

Yea. HIIT helps..

It is awesome changin g up workouts to stay fresh. Try yoga o r rock climbing too sometime

I go exactly parallel and get a good workout. It's just that ever since I broke my wrist I stopped doing deads and hip thrusts. So all my ham and glute work is from squats now.
I need to get back on track. Killed my motivation.

What's a typical beginner boxing routine? There are no boxing gyms in my area or I'd ask them

in wrestling you rip through people who are worse than you because it helps you develop your offense, i.e. you're getting in live reps of the offensive techniques you're working on. i assume the same is true in boxing

No, not exactly in boxing u go against worse people than u, because even the worst people have manners about the way they box that will help u get used to it, some people aim to move u around, some punch desperately, some ar heavy into parryng isntead of dodging, some ar like turtle with heavy defense, even if theyre not good at overall boxing, u get a sense about how to react agaisnt the different types of fighters.
That sense is usefull and it can save u when ur fighting in a tournament.

what device are you using for that?

love you, user

Fuck off, faggot

Attached: manly.tears.jpg (300x168, 8K)

what a fucking autistic homo

Attached: spedewtf.gif (196x231, 1.79M)

Kicking and blocking creates microfractures in the shinbone which when healed increases bone density.

Sometimes I find it interesting how western medicine can be behind eastern medicine, since while this is a relatively new concept to western medicine, it has been practices for hundreds of years in the east

Where do you think you are faggot?

Th-thanks y-you too

I remember when I first started 9 years ago; the next day my entire body would be sore and it was like that for a few sessions.

9 years later and I train 5 days a week, usually 3 on, a day off and another 2 days on.

Keep it up, it changed my life and gave me confidence. I still train now; unfortunately I've cut it down in the last 6 months due to starting a new job and it seems to have taken the form of a hobby rather than how I defined myself... It's eating away at me and the inability to fight again is really bringing me down.

Nurse dropping in to remind you that all modern medicine is western in its roots and that slanty eyed chinks will only ever revel in small victories or memeshit while the most advsnced medical care in the world is had in western countries.

Enjoy having your heart attacks and cancer treated with acupuncture and herbs.

youtu.be/kEpXzMF148c

This dude pretty much covers everything. That Fran Sands video is even better though.

user...

Attached: 1512971655097.jpg (1274x1380, 447K)

Right on, Bromeo! We'll always be here for you.

Attached: af5ad6a224137bc689d165d55f8f5c1c.png (583x702, 736K)

You guys know that sparring is a very. very recent addition to boxing, right? The ancient Greeks didn't do it until they later invented really, really big mufflers. By then, they were so degenerated the got BTFO by the Romans. The Romans didn't do sparring either, just drills. In Medieval Europe, sparring was also unknown and during the revival of Boxing in 17th century Britain, sparring was what we would nowadays call "drills" (they even recommended sparring for people who didn't want broken noses etc.).

Funnily enough, the Japanese invented the "free fight" in the early 1900s and imported it into the West. Since we didn't have a name for this exercise, we called it "sparring" sicne that was the nearest exercise we knew.

And then came the horrible 1990s with their bullshit and today, where everyone thinks you need to spar 100%, 14x a week.

If you think I'm trolling, look up the Soviet and Cuban boxing routines, they are very, very old school and based on shadow boxing and drills, like, you know, we boxed for 4000 years. And I hear they have passable boxing.

unironically brightened my day

Attached: 1507565691971.gif (840x488, 511K)

>Sometimes I find it interesting how western medicine can be behind eastern medicine, since while this is a relatively new concept to western medicine, it has been practices for hundreds of years in the east
Body hardening was done in ancient Europe also. Don't confuse "modern medicine" with "all there is".

Subconcussive damage is a thing.

There is a gym where I live that specifically caters to people who don't want to routinely get punched in the head.

I can barely squat 300 but since I was a tennis player for a long time I think it helped me develop a lot of the explosiveness needed to have powetful punch.

Punching reminds me a lot of serving in that all the strength in the world doesn't matter if you don't time everything perfectly.

Thanks!

Attached: thumbup.gif (400x323, 993K)

You're gonna make it, bro. We all are.

Attached: 1522784502096.jpg (720x707, 66K)

Neato. I might have to pick one up.

We're all gonna make it.

y-you too

Attached: 1499987307754.jpg (500x424, 36K)

You are the only friend I have.

I love you faggots

Attached: 27973586_1837752969631517_2346583230374587400_n.jpg (764x512, 31K)

If you haven't watched this shit yet, do it now:

youtube.com/watch?v=-8RyiRkegxI&t=687s&index=75&list=PL_RDJyjY6Ks25-fwKKeUw-KOJheOqB3fB

Attached: sad but thicc.png (1080x1350, 728K)

You've had far better workouts, if you have ever done resistance training properly

Your workout isn't good or bad based on your fee fees

Damn..

Attached: 1340830784831.jpg (560x747, 465K)

on top of that many boxing clubs don't give a shit about wearing protection while sparring. the club where i practiced muay thai for a few years didn't even bother with head guards, just something for the teeth. and the owner is/ was a world champion in one discipline.
getting a hard high kick against your temple can get pretty dangerous.

just don't be disappointed when you realize that your body doesn't make jet engine noises when throwing punches.

we're all gonna make it.

Attached: 1491253405671.png (1100x1100, 132K)

Let's do this

Attached: 1521661464700.jpg (1366x768, 345K)