What's the best way to get rust off some old barbell plates?

What's the best way to get rust off some old barbell plates?

Attached: rustedplate.jpg (260x194, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Loctite-Naval-Dissolver-16-Fluid-553472/dp/B000C016OC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WD-40 and a wire brush. Or a buffer.

Dont remove the rust, thatll make it less heavy you nig

>counting the rust
lmao the state of dyels

The iron demands sacrifice
Your sweat
Your tears
The blood of the weak, the blood of the you of yesterday, must always be spilled upon it.

Don't forget to wear a respirator. Inhaling metal is not cool.

>taking the post serious
Lmao the state of autists

Attached: 1510789535062.png (645x729, 56K)

Hope you relabel your plates for their actual weight after you scrape off those grams of rust

Electrolysis.

How did it get rusty in the first place HUH??

Attached: 1497462743939.png (633x585, 287K)

Stored in a shack with a leak in the roof

>taking that post serious
Lmao the state of autists

just paint them

you

Attached: pepe (2).jpg (454x453, 45K)

angle grinder and a wire wheel. anything else is going to take fucking forever. if you don't have an angle grinder, rent one from home depot or some shit and buy a wire wheel. make sure you wear eye glasses because nothing will fuck your shit up faster than a little wire flying into your eye at 150+ mph.

SODABLASTING you fucking cuckolds

why the fuck would you waste the time and money on abrasive blasting when an angle grinder and wire wheel could do it in a fraction of the time, with a fraction of the mess, for a fraction of the cost?

I don't have an angle grinder or wire wheel and I don't know what soda blasting is

It is your fault you stopped lifting.

Weights are that lifted regularly dont get any rust. Do you see any rust on the weights in the gym? You don't, because they are lifted regularly.

You are a disgrace for the Jow Forumsrace.

Faggot, the additional iron improves your red blood cells.

I didn't stop lifting, these are weights I inherited from my uncle

go to home depot and rent a 4.5" angle grinder. a wire wheel is like $20. buy a pair of safety glasses for $5. spend 5 minute on youtube learning how to use it safely so you don't fuck your shit up.

or if you have the room and can deal with nasty fucking chemicals liquefying rust and leaking it all over, just use "naval jelly" instead. they sell it at home depot as well.

Why can't I just use WD-40

because wd-40 doesn't remove rust. i don't understand what's so hard about this. you have a couple of simple options if you want to strip rust: angle grinder with a wire wheel, or petroluem jelly. you can't paint over rust because the primer/paint won't stick for shit. sodablasting/sandblasting is just retarded. scrubbing it by hand with sandpaper/wire brush will take fucking forever.

vinegar, or vinnigger whatever you call it

NAVAL jelly, not petroleum jelly. my bad. amazon.com/Loctite-Naval-Dissolver-16-Fluid-553472/dp/B000C016OC

put some aluminium powder on the plates and throw a lit match on it

Submerge and leave it in vinegar and baking soda.

>fraction of the time
Less than 1/10th of the time
>fraction of the cost
Zero material usage in a blast cabinet

You clearly don't have and have never used a sandblaster.

Sandblast and then powdercoat your weights and they will be like brand new.

Sandblasting is best option

Deadlift with plates on fire

White vinegar works great. Same way I get it off my hatchet or axe heads

yes because i'm sure the guy who doesn't know what an angle grinder is has access to a blast cabinet. consider the costs of paying someone to sandblast plates versus going down to home depot or harbor freight and buying a cheap grinder and safety glasses, or just buying some naval jelly.