Cutting thread

Hey fit how's the /cut/ going?

I'm down from 207lbs to 199lbs. Took months of going up and down but I decided I wasn't a pussy and stopped eating shit food and it took me about a week to lose 8 pounds. Is that too fast? My goal is to be 190 and then start clean bulking.
Hang in there pals.

Attached: 1.jpg (750x868, 104K)

Only 7 or 8 more pounds to go until I'm happy, gonna go hard and fast at 2 pounds a week to get this shit over with tbqh

Just started a few days ago. Feeling a bit hungry adjusting to the new energy intake but it’ll get easier. I hope.

Eat your steak and oatmeal boy. You'll fill up. As long as you don't go over your calories, you will lose weight.

Almost done.
6'4, 233 lbs to 217. Getting joocy as fuck, lots of compliments lately. Tbh 215 would be ideal but might aim for 210 then slow bulk back to a resting weight of 220~.

Keep on pressin fo progression. The compliments will keep coming in.

Don't have access to a scale

No fucking clue

Poorfag

Seems to be going okay

Toast with butter is now my most unhealthy food choice, so I must be losing weight. Right?

I can't possibly be such a glutton that I'm getting fatter eating only extremely healthy food, right?

Can't really answer your question without knowing what your bodyfat percentage and height is in the first place. If you're on the chubby side don't worry at all about losing weight too fast. Fuck it. Just lose the weight. Eat a fuckload of fiber.

Don't worry so much about retaining muscle. Idk about you, but I don't find it very hard to put on mass as long as I put the effort in, so retaining muscle mass probably shouldn't be a super high priority unless you're already very lean and muscular.

People on here also tend to forget that any excess body fat is really bad for your skin if you put on muscle quickly. Don't get stretchmarks. It's easier to get them than you think. I have lots of them. Not even chubby, but chubbier than I should have been. I wish lost way more weight than I did before I started bulking up. It would have saved my skin. I don't really blame myself, though, because I didn't know better at the time.

I would strongly advise that you reach your target bodyfat percentage (ie. Fucking low percentage) before you start to bulk. Don't half-ass your cut. Lose that fat before bulking up. You have your whole life to gain muscle, but you only have one set of skin.

Thanks man. I'll probably drop down to goal bf % instead. Seems like a brighter idea.

>Toast with butter
Calories in, calories out. Go for whole grain if you're not already.

Bump

>buttered toast
Most patrician breakfast choice. I buy the bread that has seeds in it.

Make steady progress then seem to gain it all back within a span of two days due to drinking and being a gluttonous retard.

40 days in and I've lost 4 pounds, going down fro 18%bf to 16%. Is this alright or is it too quick?

Attached: 1386222068284.gif (720x480, 397K)

Am I past “cut” and into just old fashioned weight loss territory?

Attached: E5E4AB33-1F0A-4F73-A508-B1F8C519434B.jpg (1242x727, 132K)

>never cheat on diet
>planning worlds dirtiest cheat weekend once I reach my goal weight

It seems counter productive but it keeps me going. I plan to just do maintenance for summer after the cheat-weekend.

when I have the time I like to do 1hr+ of cardio per day when cutting (as well as lifting ofc), at around a heart rate of 150-160bpm. HIIT would probably be better but I like to zone out listening to music or podcasts.
Let's you pretty much eat as much as you want and still get leaner

In April 2016, I was morbidly obese at 275 lbs.
By way of a rigorous low-carb diet paired with intermittent fasting and a daily calisthenics program, I lost more than a hundred pounds, reaching 169 lbs by summer 2017, meaning I was officially not overweight anymore.

This last winter, I got depressed, stopped working out and stuffed my face full of sugary crap. Between October and March, I ballooned up to 202 lbs. (One big problem was the assholes around me offering me candy all the time even though they know perfectly well that I'm a recovering fatass, and some of them even know I'm a former diabetic)

This April I started working out again, already dropped 2 pounds again. Today, for the first time in months, I've also managed to stick to my diet plan. I also told one of my coworkers I'll kick him in the nuts the next time he tries to give me chocolate.

lmao 17 pounds is hardly a cut unless you're already at liek 12-15 bf before you started.

bad ... last week I had 3 birthday parties. one in a pizza place and 2 on a dive bar. if I ended up on sunday with weekly maintenance cals I'm already more than happy lol

Even including the relapse, I think that's impressive.

It's easy to forget how much better you feel when you take care of yourself

About a month in, with quite a ways to go. Ive been eating aroubd 1900 calories a day, lift weights 4x a week and cardio 3-4 times a week. Diet has been low carb or low fat, high protein. Ive had one refeed meal in the month. First time cutting and i really enjoy the process, feel healthier/accomplished.
5'9
B:295
S:395
D:450

Attached: 2018-04-10_14.14.12.jpg (1080x1080, 77K)

205-182. goin pretty well hungry as fuck today though.

Pics are from 3/12-4/8

Very solid for less than month. Definitely noticeable brah

Thanks breh, your comment has made it all worth it

I get so fucking hungry at night and just binge on peanut butter. I hate myself.

two buttered toast and preworkout is my breakfast on gym days. i too buy the bread that has seeds in it

From 170 to 155. 19% body fat to 14%. So going well. just added in higher intensity lifting/cardio to push me down to at least see abs. Getting a little more definition but rectus abdominis is still hiding.

I'm really close to you and this inspired me, gj! What kind of foods are you eating?

Brown rice/sweet potato-carbs
Broccoli/Brussel sprouts/spinach-veggie
Chicken/lean ground beef/eggs/bacon/cottage cheese-protein
Desert-a few strawberries
Drinking only water/black coffee/bcaas

pic related. my one cheat/refeed meal this past month.

Attached: cheat meal.jpg (1200x800, 150K)

it's not hard to do. In fact, i'm happier. While being in a caloric deficit is uncomfortable, it also makes doing uncomfortable things easier. it's been a really good process for me so far all around. only a few moments has been struggle.

>is it too quick

Attached: 1523126787006.gif (304x226, 1.98M)

friends bought me a donut and a churro today. Could've gone further but i'm glad I stopped myself. As long as the only thing I have today is a protein shake I should still be good on my calorie intake

Attached: 1437801869238.jpg (640x480, 95K)

Started my cut yesterday, got 20-25 lbs to shave off. The hardest part isn't staving hunger pangs (thanks IF + coffee), it's getting 150g protein without eating nothing but chicken and protein powder every day.

ok awesome, thanks. I've been reevaluating my diet and I eat mostly that plus avocados, sardines, greek yogurt and mostly steel cut oats instead of rice. Been doing Greyskull LP for about a month and I'm excited to see where lifting+diet brings me

I went from 216 to 176 I'm trying to get to 170lbs

>how's the cut going?
Shit. I'm recomping, so I can't trust the scale and I broke my fat calipers. I'm probably just going to eyeball it until I get a new caliper.

Itll bring you far if you stick with it

It's starting. I'm done fucking around so I'm doing 16:8 eating only ~1100 calories a day right now, none of it candy or junk food. I'm going to cut for the rest of the semester and after I'm going to to maintenance for a little and then I'm going to cut some more during the summer when I'm back at school and can easily control what I eat.