How the fuck do people get THIS fucking fat?

How the fuck do people get THIS fucking fat?
Do genetics play a role at all?
Do they lack a survival mechanism that limits how much food you can put in your body?
Even in my very worst shape I was still just moderately overweight at 6’1 220lbs with no muscle and no concept of calories, macros, micros, etc.

Attached: 2E6034E1-E50B-4E18-B04C-FC8D1860FE6F.jpg (695x1024, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W8u2zYXL6DI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's natural and our society encourages it. People who aren't fat in America are now the weird ones.

>no concept of calories, macros, micros, etc.
I think this is a big part of it. The majority of people have little understanding of food and they assume that everyone is just as clueless and are eating the same shitty Foods that they are.
So fat people eat candy for breakfast and fast food for their 11 meals after that and they believe everyone else is eating that way but staying thin. Also, fat people have no friends that exercise if they even have any friends at all.

So fat asses conclude that everyone eats like shit and never exercise, therefore muh genetics are to blame. The ego tends to make you think you’re more attractive than you really are too.

>Daily calorie surplus
>Alcoholism
>Mental Issues
>Internet enables sedentary lifestyles
>Reduced fatshaming

How do you boil a frog without it noticing?

Being fat is encouraged and accepted by society which is no surprise since fatties make up the majority in western society. I hate them with a passion but overall I'm kinda happy about it, less competition for me in pretty much everything from work to women, only thing they'll win is an eating comp.

they're very obviously addicts, they're the food equivalent of guys who start drinking before their eyes are properly open

>How the fuck do people get THIS fucking fat?
Food is cheap and everywhere. People don't get much exercise, like they spend 20+ hours per day sitting or laying down. Aside from eating too much food in general, people consume too much sugar and too much meat relative to their lifestyle (ie: sendentary).

>Do genetics play a role at all?
Genetics plays a role, but genetic fatalism is a meme.

>Do they lack a survival mechanism that limits how much food you can put in your body?
The survival mechanism to eat as much as possible overrides higher order cognition about the consequences of overeating. In other words it takes a certain level of stupidity to get really fat. This is why there's a clear correlation between intelligence and obesity.

Attached: obesity-iq.png (595x550, 45K)

As a fatty that lost a bunch of weight (lost fat really, built muscle but weight is close to what it was) it's insane how much more people think I'm an asshole when they ask for an advice and I say discipline yourself

I work with men in their 40s-50s at a plant. alot of people , especially that age have absolutely no concept of nutrition.

I always meal prep and come in with food literally anyone can make like stuff you throw in the slow cooker with some veggies, or egg salad or something and they always some stupid fuckin comment on my food or how I eat fancy. its not my fault your entire diet is a pack of hotdogs pizza pockets or heat up dinners. its not even food.

the other day I had meat sauce I made (spaghetti sauce and ground beef) with rotini .. they told me I'm always eating healthy shit.. floored

I think enablers are a big factor. If you look at My 600lbs Life and such (I don't watch, just have meme videos saved), the fat fuck's family is always, without exception, fat as well. It's difficult to keep a healthy lifestyle when your closest ones always indulge in fat foods and never exercise, and it has been that way so long you probably have no idea how to even make a salad, even if you wanted to.

I'm fat, I've always been fat, and my family has been fat since before I was born. I grew up thinking exercise was bad and I didn't taste broccoli until I was a grown man. I'm not excusing it, I'm just saying it's difficult to change your life for the better when you don't even know you're doing it wrong.

Attached: American morning routine.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Not really. The best eating competitors are thin. The no. 1 competitive eater in the world is a 120 lb. 5'8" asian kid.

t. 5'11" 120lbs

Easy, they probably eat a lot and exercise very little.

I gained over 100lbs in less than 3 months time and I wasn't even really trying. And no its not 50lbs of water. lol. Each of my meals was at least 3000 cals and I had at least 3-4 meals a day. Not very hard when a hamburger alone from carls jr is over 1000 cals and i'd have several of them plus fries, onion rings, coke and a pie.

Its got fuck all to do with genetics
Its eating too much and doing too little
Sauce: im a fat fuck, but not as fat as your pic op

Lots of reasons. Calorie abundance. Sedentary lifestyle. No relationship between calorie intake and the work required to get them. Self medication with food instead of drugs.

Genetics play a role in everything. Everyone evolved with the same circuitry that rewards the consumption of calorie dense foods and laziness.

>Do they lack a survival mechanism that limits how much food you can put in your body?
There's no survival mechanism in any animal for "too much food" because that kind of abundance is rare in the natural world and NEVER lasts longer than a season. We're the descendants of people who survived because they stuff their faces when food was available and survived the lean winters.

>Even in my very worst shape I was still just moderately overweight at 6’1 220lbs with no muscle and no concept of calories, macros, micros, etc.
You aren't an addict. I think a lot of hugely fat people are essentially addicts, if you watch their behavior it's nearly identical to drug users.

Lack of impulse control. When they feel 'bad' they eat. When they feel 'good' they eat. And when they don't feel anything they eat.
Then when asked why they eat so much they respond with 'it's muh choice' even though they are unable to choose otherwise.

>their "work" consists of sitting in an office all day
>eat garbage food
>eat to much food
>do nothing active at home

I think OP is asking here about the mechanics of the issue, not the reasons. I am a skelly on a bulk and I can not fucking fathom the amounts you would need to eat to get obese.

That's like..... really unhealthy. Better than being fat I guess, but still. Way too underweight.

Some people are prone to food addiction just as some are prone to alcoholism.
Those who get addicted to food go on cycles of binging and not feeling full until you ate all the shit you had in mind.
Food goes from fuel source to a comfort source and it becomes an obsession. You can't feel normal until you binge. At least that's what makes people become obese. Some people might be lucky to not get addicted to food but they simply didn't watch what they ate and got fat but they can easily lose the weight .

Attached: 2377359295.jpg (1800x1236, 2.3M)

I got fat in my first office job out of college. I joined a gym when I first started but I went one time and never went back. I was in the office all day and they had anything I could want in the cafeteria. Then I went home and drank expensive IPAs and ate frozen pizzas or ordered delivery every night. Basically I lived the life of a soy boy bugman.

At 6'1" I got all the way up to 265 pounds at my worst. I never really saw myself as an obese person but occasionally I would see my profile reflection walking by a window and feel shame. I would take awful photos and just assume I wasn't photogenic. It took a few years before I realized I was truly a pathetic fat fuck who was losing all his friends before I shaped up. Those 300 pound plus people never wake up from their delusion or they just decide to give up.

(cont.) Is there something about my posts that cause threads to end? I swear to god every fucking time I make an effort post the god damn thread dies.

food tastes good
get off my dick

Yes we're avoiding you desu sorry you found out

Attached: image.png (821x672, 956K)

I come here to get away from my real life...

This user is right. I was 196cm 72kg and balooned up to 180kg before realising what I was doing and I'm currently 105kg. I self medicated with food instead of drugs because in my mind, drugs were more expensive, even though the 5 figures I spent on fast food in a year proves otherwise. Eat until it hurts x failure
"If you feel bad, eat good tasting food so you feel good" was my enabler's phrase. The issue was it took more and more food to get that same good feeling, so I basically didn't stop eating.

I also didn't realise how fat I actually got until I went to try on jeans for the first time since I was 18. I knew I was big, but it didn't occur to me how unpleasant I was to look at in public. My waist size was literally double what it was last time I wore jeans, so I bought one pair that fit and kept them as a reminder that I could easily slip into my old habits and fit into those again. It's hard to lose an average of a kilo a week for 2 years and still not have my goal body. I hate myself for falling off recently, but I'm back on and I'm losing instead of gaining. Goal is 90kg before lean bulk, currently 105kg 20%bf.

SS + GOMAD

Checked

I think alot of people use “treats” as actual food. Instead of rewarding yourself, every now and again, with a sugary snack or something of the like. They eat it without regard for the caloric cost.

Somewhat, but there is simply no way a person gets that fat by pure "genetics" people at that level simply and completely lack all willpower, and not just about eating. Won't take of themselves, won't take care of others. Never trust anyone that fat.

Americans are pleb tier
this is the best cereal of all time prove me wrong faggots

Attached: 6000196647123.jpg (365x460, 36K)

Dense calories
You can get about 100 Cal from a potato
A small pack of cheesy crackers is 200 cal

Kellogs loves your dick top cut off
Any cereal other than oats (rolled or steel cut, instant GTFO) is the worst

That's not Raisin Bran, that's two scoops of bullshit.

I pirate my cereal

I was 50 lbs overweight and would have become super obese if I continued my lifestyle.

Basically just gave absolutely zero fucks about what I looked like and ate what ever I felt like. A box of pop tarts was literally a snack for me.

raisin bran remains a very close second

bad parenting, mental illness, stress, injuries, etc. one car accident and it could easily happen to you OP

>one car accident and it could easily happen to you OP
no, never as far as OP's pic. I did get extremely depressed/suicidal for 2 years and gained a lot of weight in that time, but once you are through you begin to see how you've fallen and start working to get back. As long as you maintained your body and had willpower to stay fit before the trauma, you will still have the willpower to become fit again after the trauma has passed. Not even injuries alone can get a person to become that fat, even if exercise is completely undoable for you, it requires serious dedication to eating like total shit to become that fat.

Bread, sugar, etc. becoming acceptable to eat outside of special occasions. The fact that bakeries can exist year round is disgusting.

Fuck you just described me, I'm no fatty but I struggle hard as hell every time I cut and it takes months longer than it should

Theres something about the binge man, uni probs is the root of it

i just dont get how people dont notice themselves getting that fucking fat. shit doesnt happen overnight it happens over the course of a few years.
simple answer is they just dont give a shit.

I always wondered the same thing but when I got depressed I stopped lifting and the only thing I enjoyed was eating so I ate lot. I got to 28% body fat and it took me 2 years to get back down to a normal human bf.

some people are just a burden to society and they don't care or worst they never realize it

>honey bunches of oats

I do it too. Jow Forums seems like a slower board and a lot of people hang out in the generals anyway. Don't worry about it f a m.

Attached: 1521789153706.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

Get good, dickweed

Attached: ABC2B6EA-1B2F-4B76-9195-AE32F32FB82D.gif (353x234, 2.28M)

I use to work with this guy who was about 5'6" and was quite overweight. The most striking thing about him was the size of his stomach. It was fucking huge.Anyway, he was a super friendly and nice guy who helped anyone who asked. We became friends and as time went on I got to know more about him and his family. He had a wife and kids and was a good father and husband. One day we were talking about kids and he pulled out his wallet and was showing me pictures of his children and there was one where he looked pretty fit and he was holding a little boy. I mentioned that he was in good shape and who is the little guy (he had two daughters that I knew about). He told me it was his son who passed away not long after that picture was taken. I gave him my condolences, he kind of had this look in his eyes that 1000 mile stare. We just sat there for a while quietly and I finally asked him if it still hurts. He said it was 8 years ago and not a day passes that he doesn't think about him and how much he still misses him. I finally got up and told him I had to take a piss and when I got to the can I just entered a stall, locked it and cried. It was fucking brutal sharing his sadness but was totally worth it.

It sucks when you're alive but you stopped living long ago.........

>one car accident and it could easily happen to you
youtu.be/W8u2zYXL6DI

>start working night shift
>coworkers bring tons of food because we do nothing on nights
>they eat out of boredom
>keep denying food and stick to my diet
>they start talking behind my back
>social outcast because I dont chow down on junk food all night

It's like they are drug pushers holy shit

Honestly...shame being stigmatized in the west now. It used to be you got to a certain point (10, 20, 30lbs overweight) and either you'd be ashamed of yourself and fix it, or a little further along, your family would shame you, then your friends, then acquaintances, then strangers. And nearly everybody would take that feedback and do something about it at some point. Now, "stop being ebil, no fat shame" is the law of the land, and surprise, surprise we are fat as fuck now.

It just doesn't hit you until its to late. You don't notice getting fat just how you don't notice losing weight (if you don't use a weight). I used to be a fat fuck almost 100kg at 5'9 but I never thought of myself as fat, I looked at the mirror and sure I wasn't thin but I never thought to myself "damn I'm fat". Now I lost about 20kg and people tell me all the time that I look completely different and good although when I look at the mirror I still don't really see it, but in photos its obvious.

I don't know how to better describe it

It's true. You know how you look in the mirror and never see yourself as muscular or fit enough despite all the positive feedback? Well fat people never see themselves as fat despite all the negative feedback. Until it gets out of hand and hopefully they see the problem and don't just delude themself.

I think our brains wont let us see our true selves in a mirror. Just like we can never hear how our true voice sounds because our brain recognizes our voice in recordings and tries to alter the pitch like it always does to account for skull vibrations, making recordings sound higher pitched and us hate the sound of our own voice

I understand what you mean, but that's been debunked. When the water gets hot enough it jumps out. If it doesn't, it has a death wish and embraces the coming visit from death.

Fatties are different. Some notice, others think death will never visit them.

But there is one truth in this world, death visits us all.

Attached: image.png (640x1234, 1.45M)

When i was fat, it was because i had never had access to infinite food in my life, i ate one meal a day from like 7th grade to 19 years old. I was morbidly obese when i was 20 because i literally understood 0 about calories.
By 21 i was back to normal weight

>I
lul

>meme tier philosophy

>Fat Free, must be good for me!!!!!!!

Fat fucks pretty much eat whatever they want with no mind towards their total caloric intake.

I can’t believe people take this post seriously. You have some Jow Forums neckbeard judging a Reddit soyboy lmao

Genetics do play a role as mental illness is sometimes genetic and some people with mental illness develop eating disorders to cope. That's about it, though.

why do all dudes that fat also have that type of hairloss? they must be correlated right

It's cause you're implying they have no self control, which lo and befuckinghold is actually the case.
By confronting them with harsh truths you're asking that they swallow their pride and do shit that's going to make them uncomfortable, which is difficult cause it's such a big change but when you're serious enough you'll commit and power through every step.
And that's just the problem with those people who think you're an asshole for saying that, they're not serious, they may like the idea of losing weight like you did but they don't really want it.
If they really wanted it they would have continued asking questions like "what does being disciplined mean?" or "how do I become more disciplineed?" instead of just resorting to complaining.

Attached: bump.png (427x414, 378K)

Recovering fat fuck here. Speaking only for myself, for much of my life, I ate imperfectly but exercised regularly and was still relatively fit until I found my life destroyed by crippling depression, at which point I began to drug myself with food. Emotionally healthy people don't abuse food this way. Of course, if I wanted to be a whiny cunt, I could tell you truthfully that I come from a family where no one exercises or eats right and that I learned a lot of my bad habits from them. But that only goes so far when you're an adult. You have to take responsibility for your circumstances.

I'm not sure if I've really answered your question, though. So I'll reverse engineer how I got really fat (although nowhere near as fat as the guy in your pic). Like a lot of depressed people, I turned to food for comfort. I had a poor diet overly high in processed foods but kept the weight off by working out and walking. Then one day I injured my knee from walking up and down hills after reading what great exercise that is in Men's Health and how it burns more calories than walking a flat surface. So now I had the same bad diet but was burning about 500 less calories a day as a result of not getting my LISS cardio in. Well, that adds up to about a lb of fat a week, which isn't very much but it just keeps piling up. After three months, you're 12 lb heavier but you're not really that unhappy. After a year, you're around 52 lb heavier and noticeably fatter but it doesn't sink in until you go to buy clothes and realize that nothing fits the way it used to. At this point, you have a "Holy fuck, I'm fat" moment and hopefully start to get back in shape.

Personally, I'm still working on it but I'm making progress.

>they're very obviously addicts,
This. Food can be a drug. For that matter, so can pretty much anything. A lot of people just have less physically visible addictions.

They give up.

Attached: 1479696419039.jpg (325x480, 27K)

That poster is cringier than that reddit soyim.

>I don't watch, just have meme videos saved
post them

Attached: fatty.webm (400x400, 478K)

Attached: charioteer.gif (377x299, 66K)

Pure diet, people have been brainwashed and all they eat is processed sugar

>and I say discipline yourself
I just tell people that I ate less food.

I didn't know shit about food. Raised by fast food. Felt self-conscious but not enough to change because eating made me legitimately feel good. In my senior year of high school a marine recruiter wanted to see me (he didn't know how fat I was, I was 280lbs at 6'3). I went to their recruiting station and he just up and told me I was 40lbs overweight for even starting an enlistment.

Another point that made me realize how fat I was shortly after when I almost couldn't ride a roller coaster because I was so fat. Both of these incidents made me want to turn my life around but I really didn't know how. I just kinda said "fuck it" and ate literal tuna packets from walmart for a whole fucking month and lost a decent bit of weight while also doing light lifting. It's taken a while (6 years) now I am 200lbs. I am working on a bachelors degree in aerospace engineering and also in an AFROTC program while posting on Jow Forums. I have 20lbs to go until dreamed about ottermode.

Thanks, user, legitimately.
I read pic related and realized how much I need to get my shit together. Thank you, really

Attached: 1488960098874.jpg (339x428, 28K)

I was 6'3 and 230 at my worst. Now 6'3 and 190ish. People get pissed off when I say that for 48 hours they should only drink water. When I did that my urge to eat, and the portions I ate went down incredibly. Then I tell them to stop eating an assload of carbs. They get pissed again. If you want to make a change you have to change what you're doing. I didn't lose weight by being comfortable. I left my comfort zone and did what was necessary.