How many months/years of lifting/nutrition did it take you to realize that things like soda, bread, chocolate...

How many months/years of lifting/nutrition did it take you to realize that things like soda, bread, chocolate, etc doesn't actually make you gain fat and that gaining fat is all about being in a calorie surplus.

It boggles my mind when I see guys who have been lifting for years chugging down a can of diet soda because they're too scared to drink a normal can of soda.

>b-but its an extra 160 calories

Who gives a shit? are you that much of a pussy that you can't spare 160 calories from your total daily calorie intake for a soda?

>hah! I don't drink soda at all, I am a perfect autistic machine that only consumes water, chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli, EVERYDAY, WITHOUT FAIL, NO MATTER WHAT, I AM SUPERIOR.

Hows your first year of lifting going, champ?

Attached: 3250023590235.png (591x382, 162K)

I've always known that, American public education always likes to skip over that and instead sells you that lame food pyramid shit.

I unironically prefer diet pop because regular pop tastes too sweet to me. Although I don't really drink either because I am not a fucking child.

>trying to justify spending 140 of your precious gainz calories on pure fructose and glucose instead of 2 large gainz eggz.

same

>Liquid calories
>All sugar
>so corrosive its used to clear blood off the streets

Soda is garbage, enjoy being addicted to hfcs retard.

Also
>.002 cents has been added to your account

Because it's 160 calories of an extremely an efficient sugar that causes fatty liver. How the nutrient interacts in the body is just as important as the energy it provides.

I don't drink soda because I'd rather use that 160 calories for food.

drinking literal cancer.
This isn't 2000 anymore.

im sure you're gonna be so healthy only consuming junk foods and sodas while limiting your calories

Soda is objectively one of the worst things you can consume. You're fucking retarded m8

This. Unless you care about being shredded and sub 10%, you probably have a few hundred calories a day you can use for whatever you want. I tend to have about 300. I still think that soda is one the biggest waste of those calories you can do though. Hell even something like a small bowl of ice cream gets you all sorts of good nutrients alongside all the extra sugar.

I drink full sugar drink and dark chocolate as a pre workout. Meal timing is actually important if you want to maximize your performance in the gym.

I do PPLxPPLx and I do the big 4 once a week on 3x3.
>OHP 205x3x3
>Bench 325x3x3
>Squat 455x3x3
>Deadlift 525x3x3

As I mentioned with meal timing, you should eat specific kinds of food depending on when you lift.

Because I lift in the mornings I eat this way

>Preworkout Meal - Fast digesting sugary shit
>Post-workout Meal - Fast digesting protein
>1st normal meal - Slow digesting healthy meal (Fish, Brown rice)
>2nd normal meal - Very Slow digesting healthy meal (Chicken or Beef)

This way your only getting the fast digesting shit before you lift, to give you that boost of energy for the gym, then all your meals after that are slow digesting since you no longer need to worry about having energy/fire within you that you get from the sugary shit.

The real reason I don't drink soda is that it doesn't taste very good after you haven't drank it in over a year

Attached: 1509938795148.gif (159x146, 1.94M)

t. durianrider

Sure its only 160 calories when you're doing the virgin sip, but when you're doing the chad quench we're talking 1000 calories

Attached: retard.jpg (673x790, 71K)

>This thread.

LMAO

Seems Jow Forums is mostly sedentary students who lift 3 times a week and have a TDEE of like 2200.

welcome to america, where if you dont drink corrosive sugar water you're a pussy.
how's dialysis going, OP?

Dude I used to love a good ol' Doc Pep but after 3 years of no soda it gave me a stomach ache and gas when i had one yesterday

Attached: 1521681087057.jpg (800x798, 121K)

t. bloatlord

I haven't had a soda in 6 months now. What are your substitutes? I've been drinking tea, milk, juice, and coffee in place of soda. That's with my meals, I drink mostly water otherwise.

There's literally no difference between soda, milk, juice...its all sugary shit.

Not sure why soda gets the bad wrap with the normies.

Its like everything else in the normie world, you guys are literally normies, you probably think bread is evil, but you eat rice, literally the same shit in slightly different form.

>comparing soda to milk

Holy shit, literally kys.

The guy I'm training with basically told me to cut all grains and only have meat/veg/fruit/beans, is this okay?

Attached: 1523324168638.jpg (221x228, 6K)

yes.
perfect

it's not about fat retard that shit is full of literal garbage that never leaves your body

it works but I felt tired as fuck when I did that

the only harm would be potential insulin spikes converting carbs to fat, but its not that bad. youre right

literally nothing wrong with whole grains
>insulin spikes converting carbs to fat
unironically/nonsarcastically explain in detail please

>it's not about fat retard that shit is full of literal garbage that never leaves your body

Broscience 101

>thinking all sugar is the same
lol go away. soda gets a bad rap because it's scoops of shitty white sugar in bubbly water.

Carbonated sodas absolutely can lower your bone mineral density.

>eating for enjoyment

Can't remember exactly but something like this:
>chemoreceptors detect increase in blood glucose concentration
>more insulin released
>insulin converts glucose to glycogen
>excess glycogen is stored in fat tissue cells

>implying the excess carbonic acid doesn't come out of solution as carbon dioxide and water as the soda is brought to body temperature

have you even taken high school chemistry yet, much less opened a container with a carbonated beverage?

I found more broscience for you famalamadingdong

You are obviously too stupid to realize that there is more to a diet than calories. The sugar content in a single can off coke is bad for you. End of discussion.

Is this new pasta, OP?

Its fine, meat and veggies tastes better too.

>chemoreceptors detect increase in blood glucose concentration
>more insulin released
correct

>insulin converts glucose to glycogen
insulin is not an enzyme. insulin signals cells to make more of a glucose transport protein, allowing the cell to take up more glucose. if the glucose is not metabolized immediately, it will be stored as glycogen. if the glycogen is not used within a few days, it is converted to ketone bodies and shunted into the blood. adipocytes then take up these bodies and convert them to triacylglycerides, aka fat

>excess glycogen is stored in fat tissue cells
adipocytes store fat, not glycogen. glycogen is not fat. glycogen is a poor energy storage molecule because of the hydration shell it takes. this water increases the volume and mass of the cell greatly. fat is hydrophobic and so has none of those disadvantages. it is also about twice as energy dense as carbohydrates

I hope you misremembered

>i hope you misremembered
Nah this was just basic high school biology from nearly 10 years ago

I never said the carbonation caused it. In fact most studies show carbonated water doesn’t. There are tons of studies on this and they show a correlation between soft drinks and lower bone mineral density. My friend even had MRIs done one summer (for other reasons) that showed this. He had upped his cola intake significantly that summer. Doctor even told him to stop drinking it so much cause his bones had the same density of 70 year old at the end of the summer.

>Carbonated sodas absolutely can lower your bone mineral density
the above statement implies that it is the carbonation that is the cause of lower bone density. if you meant that it was a combination of everything in the soda, then you should have deleted 'carbonated' from it

I don't drink soda
I do treat myself sometimes on junk food but I just avoid soda and cereal (except rolled oats)

Soda is for children, you shouldn’t even crave or miss soda at all as an adult

>giving a child soda
Guess who's going to have fat kids?

You don’t give it to them every day my amerimutt friend

used to remove rust too. ask a hockey player.

>pop
Hello, pittsburghian

Attached: e1f.png (364x852, 131K)

>soda is 140 calories
>but also 40g of sugar
user, I...

>been drinking Coke all my life
>2-4 cans a day no problem
>in shape with 10% body fat
I just tell myself if I want another I need to lift more that day.

Attached: 20905005_348686432255026_1827295111688486912_n.jpg (1080x1079, 944K)

>that guy who does IIFYM and eats icecream and other various treats but autistically screechers at the thought of IIFYMing a can of soda

Pepsi Max crew 4lyfe

Oh does coke need a sales boost wagie?

>you will never have another chance to fuck a 15 year old titcow

Soft drinks taste shit you moron

>MRI
I had a fMRI 2 weeks after and it came out all clear.

t. drinking soda daily for 30 years

>falling for the cola is bad for your bones meme
The same people say you need to drink milk for strong bones while the countries with the absolute highest milk consumption are also the highest in bone fractures and related injuries.

Attached: White-Lies-report-fig-9.jpg (1000x573, 254K)

>nothing but saggy tits from here on in life until you die

Attached: 1523328442548.jpg (720x720, 81K)

Those other countries dont get bone fractures because theyre manlet nations or low life expectancy countries or more active countries for labor reasons

Western countries get higher bone problems because of the height, sedentary lifestyles and longer life expectancy.

Basically what you said is like saying "Dont live to your 90s" because being in your 90s means you have 50% higher chance of having X Y and Z health problems.

>A hundred thousand men and women were followed for up to 20 years. Researchers found that milk-drinking women had higher rates of death, more heart disease, and significantly more cancer for each glass of milk. Three glasses a day was associated with nearly twice the risk of premature death, and they had significantly more bone and hip fractures. More milk, more fractures.
There's no way it's something that simple while this is still not understood by scientists.

Ehh, awhile..
At least I'm not stuck in that bullshit "diet soda" phase
Fuck "diet" anything

>tfw you don't drink soda but a combo meal is cheaper than just the sandwich and you're cheap as fuck

Attached: 1523191740489.gif (444x250, 594K)

I've fallen off lifting a couple times, but I have thus far been off soda for one year, and it's fucking awesome. I attempted to drink a 7up about 6 months ago, and it taste like I had soap in my mouth, so I spit it out. Now I can be a smug little shit to all my coworkers when they bring up something to do with the drink machine in the break room.

I'm a La Croix boy

Really I just drink a lot of naturally flavored sparkling water. 0 calories and no artificial sweeteners.

Attached: ls-12-8-cl.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Haven't had any soda, regular or diet, in like 3 years and I've been lifting consistently for like 7 years now. Feels fucking good man.

I used to think this way until I started my first serious cut.
>b-but its an extra 160 calories
160 empty calories at 1800 calories a day is a pretty big deal. I mostly drink water and black coffee anyway, but occasionally I'll have a Diet Coke or Coke Zero when I'm socializing on the weekends.

"all grains". How are you supposed to get your fibers? Don't say "from my vegetables", because no, you would need to eat greens like a cow.
Just eat 100% whole grains shit and be done with that.

Also, how are you supposed to get the energy for an early morning workout eating fat? What if you need it within 30 minutes and not within 2 hours?
Eat apples? Working out with 2 kg of apples in your guts, does it sound wise?