/qtddtot/ - Snap city edition

Recovering from two months of snap city rehab from a failed 1RM, no permanent joint or nerve damage but my lower spine protrudes a bit further out behind than it probably should (not sure if this was the case before the injury but I'm more aware of it now). Am I going to have to stay off heavy squats/DL in future or am I good to go starting stronglifts from bar-only and just making sure to get form absolutely mint? Also considering throwing planks or some shit in to build core strength, came way too close to full on snapping my shit up last time

Attached: qtddtot.jpg (999x624, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009GC76NW/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EBU7RQE/
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-54
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the 1rm? Lift? Weight?

Did you get this injury checked by a doc?

In a similar vein, i'm a beginner and i've done something to my lower back, was squatting 215 for 3 sets of 6, got through the first 2 sets fine, then 4th rep in the last set felt something happen in the left side of my lower back, definite pain, still finished the set, probably foolishly.
been sore and ached for the last week, saw a physiotherapist about it the day after it happened and he gave me some exercises to do, and to take it easy. today he gave me the go ahead to go back to the gym, but to go light, 50-60%
went ahead and tried out just the bar, 95, and then 135 and it felt fine at the time, but its now quite sore after. should i be foam rolling it, putting an ice pack on it or something?

100kg squat when normal was 80 so I thought I could 1RM, but back went forward instead and I heard two pops before the bar bounced off. Doctor+physio both said the muscles just seized up to protect spine since no ribs in the way, so instead I just went a few weeks being unable to bend my back at all without agony

>3 sets of 6
candito linear? Check my version
Maybe you're rounding your lower back (learn how to squat)
or one leg is longer than the other, check out rippetoes stuff about this issue

Attached: Screenshot_20180411-080108.jpg (902x888, 190K)

my form is fine, i know my back was in proper position, but the leg length difference was something i'd thought could be a possibility

will soy sauce give me bitch tits and fuck up my hormones?

Full disclosure, I don't lift regularly and am a skinnyfat bitch. However, I've been doing a lot of irregular (ie awkward, out of position) lifting, and now my right deltoid is hurting pretty bad. I can't lift more than about 4 lbs in my right hand without pain. Any advice for pain mitigation and helping recovery time, besides rest and support?

no quantity makes the poison
soy sauce is fine
eating tofu and soy protein powder for gains is not

an 100kg isn't super heavy when it comes to squats, it's about an intermediate level. It sounds like your form wasn't up to snuff and you paid for it.

Will eating an almond ruin my figure?
Will drinking sparkling water turn me gay?
Will ingesting 1 liter of gasoline fuel me for more explosive workouts?

you'd have be eating a lot of it to cause any issues.

>anti inflammatory medication
>massage
>see a doctor

That's literally all there is to it. Pop an ibuprofen to help the numb the pain but just don't use it and make sure it has plenty of support.

I'm a 5'6" male and I need to bulk. In order to minimize fat loss, should I be eating at TDEE + 250, or is TDEE + 500 like everyone else okay? I want to balance keeping my fat gain low with how fast I bulk because I don't want to take too long.

Ok Jow Forums
I'm 5'10 and weigh 180 lbs, I should be 165 lbs.
I wanna lose weight and body fat, and if possible, gain muscle.
I'm not looking to get stronger, I wanna be aesthetic.
I know getting stronger is ideal for begginers but its not my goal.
Should I use GSLP or SS?
I've been working out for month an a half, I'm 22.
Thanks for your advice.

Attached: 47E83259-8379-456B-8DEC-D8A570679319.jpg (225x225, 12K)

youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ

youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ

I have a small frame (ectomorph etc.), was skinny all my life and my goal body would be like this husbando mode. Is it even possible?

Attached: thicc.jpg (1280x960, 717K)

yes

How do I sleep, Jow Forums?
I'm serious, I just can't sleep at night these days, I don't know why. I thought it was coffee at first because I just started it, but even after two days off I can't sleep. I eat well, lift, work, and have a somehow social life.
What's wrong with me?

Attached: 1516432723737.jpg (1371x1080, 191K)

keep your phone out of your bedroom at night, get a regular alarm clock

What's the best variant of row? I want equal emphasis on lats and rear delts.

Is it possible to build a manly physique with only a pull-up/dip bar and a kettlebell?

Just how difficult is it to reach 10% body fat?

What changes do you have to make to your diet and workout to reach it if any?

Or is it as simple as sticking to your calorie deficit and lifting heavy?

I am currenty in the military with sports 2-3 times a week. Ranging from cardio to crossfit and climbing. Which 2 day weightlifting program can I do to keep up with strength and muscle hypertrophy?

Do a row on machines or do the pendlay row.
For me the normal barbell row (yates row) has always been awkward.

Retard here, how do I work cardio into my lifting routine?

Do I do it after? Before? A completely seperate day just for cardio?

Attached: 0B3E5BED-9256-4201-BD89-B8A2F26B4629.jpg (374x393, 23K)

If there is no pain or tingling in the legs, its probably a sprain, not any disc damage

Sprains are awful but you recover from them

Be careful with this shit. You dont want a slipped disc. That will wrck your shit forever

i do 20-30 minutes after lifting every time
its easy to work in

In terms of sparing muscle on a cut, would brisk treadmill walking (40mins) or HIIT style cardio be the better option?

Will I make it if I only workout 3 times a week?
I also have an active job as a waiter 40 hours per week.

>wrist gets fatigue before biceps
>can not take biceps to failure because wrist can’t take it anymore

How to deal with this problem?

Attached: 90FDEF48-31AF-4731-851A-52127C230DE7.jpg (487x302, 27K)

Bump

strengthen wrists with deadlifts

yes
but 40h is normal

holy shit this doesn't matter

Use an ez curl bar. Barbell curls are notorious for wrist pain

I take 4 scoops of whey per day

Is this healthy?

you should have read the sticky

Attached: Screenshot_20180411-122527.png (1080x1920, 356K)

is there any actual scientific evidence weight lifting over a long period increases testosterone with any significance?

Attached: WHZAoTM.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Is casein better than whey if I workout at night?

t. Newb skinny fat who wants lean muscle

Attached: gold-standard-casein-protein-powder-768x883-261x300.jpg (261x300, 19K)

Hello,
Can someone explain to me how I should approach the transition to a hypertrophy training schedule/routine when coming from a purely strength based background. Did the usual SS --> TM for almost 2 years and got a lot of gains but it's starting to wear me out and I wanna look like I lift too.

BRAINLET QUESTION:

Do BCAAs count as protein?

Attached: I+love+the+brainlet+memehere+have+some+more+_a47acbb1f1e89f1faa66e791c0c28ba0.jpg (588x823, 62K)

Does walking around 10 miles a day burn enough calories to count as a viable method of losing weight? Am 6'1, 220lbs if that helps.

user.. you can figure this one out.. just think what bcaa's consist of..

If I run 4 miles every second day will that naturally build high leg muscle or should I do something else to help build it?

Nah, that won't really build muscle. Look at most runners, they're twigs. There isn't a substitute for lifting legs, but the closest you could come without lifting if probably sprinting and cycling.

ANY answers pls?

How to get a strong 100%-strict OHP and is it even worth it, if you don't plan on competing and so on?

Also, why do I get stiff traps when I start to work out more regularly? (4-6 times a week)

Lastly, red-pill me on milk. Normal cow-milk. Does it, or does it not give bitch-tits? Is it worth it at all?

Is there anything wrong with intentionally staying at a plateau?

I have a mediocre home gym with plates totaling just about 90kg so that's all I've been deadlifting the past couple weeks.

Attached: 1522470999890.jpg (610x481, 144K)

Neither GSLP or SS are optimal Hypertrophy programs
Look for something with a 8-12 rep range, plenty of volume, slow increasing weight ,short rest periods and long time under tension.

Choose one goal, losing fat and gaining muscle isn't really possible in the way you want.
Focus on one first, I would vote gain muscle.

Chest supported row is amazing for all-around back development. (You lay with your belly on an incline bench, and dbs or a bb.)

thats not mediocre, thats a shit home gym.
A plateua is understandable if your lifts were already pretty good (at least 1/2/3/4) but you have not got much progress so far, a 90kg DL is very low.

Do naps kill the sleeping cycle and disturb our gains ?

Can heavy lifting, under certain conditions, while eating clean but not optimal, cause estrogen to spike?

Asking because I got a slight case of bitch tits after a Texas Method clean bulk. I had amazing strength gains, but when I changed programs and went on a cut, I have slight boobs and more fat on my hips on a certain bodyfat% than I used to have.

Are there any downsides to doing weight training before cardio?

So if lifting is known to burn way more calories, why is cardio so important to cutting weight?

Reposting from last thread

I get pain on the inside of my right knee 1-2 reps into a squat, even at light weights and it pretty much ruins leg day. Anybody else know what's up? Normally it feels fine and I don't have pain while walking or doing cardio. It's been 3 weeks now

Pls help I wanna make gains and I'm still squatting babby weights

How many pushups is a good amount for a 33 year old?

Guess I'll buy some more plates then.
I was putting it off because I'm a tight git.

Til failure? I dunno. Last time I was challenged I got to 70-80.
I do 30x3 as part of my bodyweight set but they're basically only good for accessory/cardio.
t. 30yr old

>tight git
that's not the only type of git you are. you're also a fa git.

Yes, pull-ups/kettlebell is really good for broad shoulders and big obliques.
waist slimming is gonna be diet and cardio though.

I take it your a UK brah?
Powerhouse fitness sells reasonably priced "bodymax" brand plates.
They are not the best quality but are pretty good value.

Failing that look for local gumtree ads, within 5-10 miles for people selling their old stuff or gym clearouts

the basic natural ~7.5 h at night is best. Your body produces a lot of testosterone in your sleep, expecially if you sleep very deep. And for sleeping deep enough it takes 1-2 h of warmup sleep

this is some broscience though

Why on earth were you doing 1RM attempts as a beginner?

no. You've just put on some muscle and fat (bf% is probably wrong) on your ass and lower chest by training like a faggot

I've heard yohimbine only works out carbs, is this true?

Apparently the insulin response just stops its effectiveness?

yes it's bad for your cardio but you have zo prioritize one or the other anyway and youll still make some cardio gains

*works without carbs

>health
>afterburn effect
>lifting also increases appetide a lot

no they ate carbs. and it was the police response that stopped their effectiveness.

I'm a beginner.
Should I stick to a 5 day routine or a 3 day routine?

check out andy bakers article about it

don't know, don't get them

don't listen to the soy jews, milk is good for you

you can always outeat your training

went up from 10.7 to 17.5 ng/dL in 2 years. Also look at what docs usually recommed for ED

What are your goals?

Read the fucking sticky and do SS/SL/GSLP. If you can't 1/2/3/4 you have no business doing some 5 day brosplit yet.

well.
I weigh 180 lbs, I should be 160-165, so I wanna slim down to that weight and also gain muscle if possible

how the fuck is workout time related to protein source??
I think casein is a bit better in general

PHUL or PHAT

I answered this earlier
See

If I take test supplements as a 22 year old for a couple of years, will my test levels go back to normal after i quit?

No one can give you a definite answer.
What supplements for a start.

I have just started to flirt with the idea so I don't really know the options well. I am considering something like Alpha JYM.

Basically you take whey right before and right after lifting. It has a short as fuck absorption time (under 30 minutes) and there are hundreds of studies supporting supplementing immediately after reduces recovery time. Some studies do before and after, and some more do with a simple carb. The consensus is the best thing to do it immediately before, and then right after with a simple carb for best results.

For reference it takes 3-5 hours to digest beef.

It is also known that your post workout meal, best timed to be 30-60 minutes after a workout should be protein rich and the largest meal of the day. It is also a good idea to pad your lift with a good preworkout meal that is complex carb and protein rich 45-90 minutes before lifting as well. If you are cutting, some people do everything fasted and try to curb it with BCAAs pre but there isn't solid evidence either way that this significantly mitigates atrophy or reduced recovery time as a result.

Attached: Protein-Powder-Timing.jpg (640x623, 88K)

>Alpha JYM

That supplement will do little to nothing for your actual test levels, if it makes a difference it will be less than 5%
However to answer your question your test levels will be fine, they will remain unchanged

Test supplements are proven to all be fraudulent. Don’t waste your money.

This entire post is based off the idea that the anabolic window exists and is important, but it's not. You don't need to eat anything around a workout, you don't need BCAA's at all, you don't need to take Whey immediately after lifting nor before.

Complete broscience.

Broscience bullshit

I would be impressed if you can find a single peer reviewed study that backs what you say.

There is no magical protein timing, consume in regular portions over a 24 hour period until you meet your macro.
Its not rocket science

Broscience

Is there anything else you'd recommend? I don't want to inject anything and the only reason i was considering Alpha JYM is because Stoppani's shortcut to mass did wonders for me when a few years ago, so I respect the guy.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009GC76NW/

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EBU7RQE/
Looking to pick one of these up. Anyone has experience with adjustable dumbbells?

Workouts and supplements don't correlate at all.
There is a varying tier to putting stuff into your body, and a gradual incline of downsides that go with them.
I have done them all.

Increasing your natural test levels is best done with the classics, good diet with high fats, solid sleep schedule, stress relief, regular sex or masturbation and supplementing with typical vitamins if your diet is lacking.

If you feel you need the next step then SARMS or prohormones should be considered BUT there is definite downsides to everything like this.

I can let you know more if you want.

Im a fatso and i successfully loss weight but i can't maintain my muscle, i keep losing muscle than fat

Attached: calf meat.png (1207x650, 624K)

Thank you.

in what way is it bad for cardio?

Thank you user. To be honest I am just being a retard. I had to quit gym for a long time because of an injury, so now I want a quick way to go back to where i was because low weights demotivate me. If you know any non retarded ways to quickly get back in the game, I'd be glad to learn more. Anyway I doubt such shortcuts exist without major drawbacks.

>three posts calling out the same guy within 20 seconds of each other

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS

Something tells me you didn't have as much muscle as you thought you did. And how do you even know you're losing muscle?

I think he's saying if you wear yourself out lifting heavy right before running of course your cardio is going to suffer as a result and vice versa.

Overall calories might be too low
Keep protein high, even exceed your macro if needed
Keep the intensity going in your workout, the better you can recruit those muscle fibers the higher the likelihood of keeping them during a cut

Np Brah, gunna make it.

Unfortunately quickly usually means extreme or severe methods such as gear.
If you can get the motivation then its best to keep your head down, hit the iron and enjoy the journey, after all its a lifestyle and not an overnight activity.

If after several months you still have not made the progress you want then re-establish your goals or re-evaluate the lengths you willing to go to get them

>I would be impressed if you can find a single peer reviewed study that backs what you say.
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-54
>Researchers have tested the effects of types and timing of protein supplement ingestion on various physical changes in weightlifters. In general, protein supplementation pre- and/or post-workout increases physical performance[31, 32, 33, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41], training session recovery[32], lean body mass[33, 38, 39, 40, 41], muscle hypertrophy[35, 38, 39, 40, 41], and strength[31, 33, 38, 40, 41].
literally 5 seconds on google. there are hundreds of studies on this and dozens of metas. better tell every professional athlete how what they do is broscience i guess.