Looking to learn a 2nd martial art for fun. I've done TKD and was considering Akido

Looking to learn a 2nd martial art for fun. I've done TKD and was considering Akido.

I really want to minimize any risk of injury as my job requires me to not be hurt (firefighter) and I thought Akido being more about disarming and using opponent momentum against them would be the best choice for me.

is Akido even a true martial art? I know Thai Chi isnt.

input?

Attached: kubaton.png (426x402, 173K)

My understanding (albeit limited) is with Aikido it will depend VERY heavily on which organization you're training under. Yoshinkan Aikido was utilized by Japanese police if I'm not totally mistaken, but a lot of Aikido classes seem to be no-contact and low percentage wrist-grabby moves.

The general consensus I've seen tends towards the idea that it's best taken up as a supplement to existing training.

It WILL however teach you how to take falls. Then again, so will Judo (and possibly Jiu-Jitsu). Judo will also teach you how to hit a man with the fucking planet.

All of this, though, ignores the main thing: Be realistic with what you're learning and just pick something you enjoy doing. That's really the important bit.

bjj

This. Might as well learn something useful :)

BJJ, boxing, or muay thai are the only things you should ever consider

Combatives, Krav Maga, basically martial arts used in the military that utilize elbows and hammer strikes. Punching with your fist is retarded in a real engagement, so are most kicks.
Grappling MAs are cool, too, but while armbarring someone you're giving him a chance to stab the shit out of you with his other arm, or his buddies to curb stomp you.

You in Australia?

Aikido is universally shit because they dont train with reasonable resistance.

Any martial art worth doing carries the risk of injury.

>falling for the krabby magoo meme
>falling for the MUH MILITARY MEME

Street Fighter V
Dragon Ball FighterZ

If you want something fun with little to no injuries, either karate or TKD and Judo or wrestling. If you want something useful, MMA is the only way to go.

It really depends on the dojo and whether you choose aikido or aikikai. I started with an aikikai dojo that basically just taught me how to fall, but later I moved and went to an aikido dojo taught by one of the best in the US, and I learned some crazy stuff about balance and bodyweight (the sensei demonstrated pushing four huge guys down with one finger at one point, using the stuff we learned).

>being this retarded

>is Akido even a true martial art?

no, it's a meme martial art.
so is Krav Maga

both completely useless, don't bother
so is

This guy gets it. Just go do fucking judo already dude.

why is krav maga a meme

Disregard sportfags. Combatives-based martial arts are true martial arts, most everything else is based on a sporting environment. Muay Thai is the odd one out, because it incorporates a good deal of elbow and knee strikes.

Paying jews to be taught how to hit someone in the balls...

Combatives are British, developed by the same Fairbairn and Sykes who designed the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife. These guys were true operators that fought armed and unarmed men for a living. Combatives are based on the idea of having a multi-tool that is easy to use and effective at taking someone down. You don't need 108 techniques and meme chokes.

>gook movie fighting class
fucking homo, get a gun and learn to shoot properly, no real man does that queer wire dancing crouching tiger hidden faggot shit

Learn olympic fencing, it’s a safe combat sport with very low risk of injury. If you want to protect yourself, buy a fucking gun.

>Trips of truth

Love myself some judo

Attached: giphy.gif (480x202, 3.16M)

boxing + BJJ

savate

Kuk sool won is pretty good

It's Korean and is a good mix of striking, holds and conditioning

>bjj
This is a joke right?
Bjj is useless out on the streets. The fact that you are recommending it just proves that you and the rest of the people on this board are clueless.

Lol. Go away you fat,underage loser. You are clueless

Just think for a second. If Krav Maga and """""military-martial arts"""""" were the most effective ones, why is no one using them in the cage? Just think about that

Because they're based around things like strikes to the back of the head and small joint manipulation which are explicitly banned in the octagon because they're effective?

Yep.

Aikido is widely regarded as one of the most worthless Martial arts.

Just do Boxing, Muay thai, judo or wrestling

The efficacy of these has been well proven which cannot be said about meme shit like Aikido.

Why are you such a faggot? I can tell you are a fat weebo autist