Change my mind

Being shredded is pointless

Attached: 2015_rip.jpg (1200x740, 137K)

You live longer if you're leaner

Everything is pointless

False.

Overweight people have higher life expectancy than underweight people.

Actually being shredded makes you have a lot of points because your features look so chiseled

Attached: 865478964.jpg (203x226, 13K)

boogie pls go
your ex wife doesn't love you anymore

Underweight?

You don't have to be underweight to be shredded.

Sure brah

Attached: 220px-Aziz_Shavershian_in_2011.jpg (220x293, 16K)

Attached: 1522638163563.png (637x360, 267K)

With the exception of OP's head

Being shredded makes you look good, gets you laid, earns social respect etc if you are into that sort of thing.

I did it mostly to see if I could tho, as a project. Wanted to reach 8% Bodyfat, got to 8,5% before I cracked. Some people wants to complete a marathon or climb a mountain, lifters wants to get shredded. It's about a goal that is hard to achieve and the mental gains you get along the way.

If you think doing 5x5 is hard, wait until you are doing 40 sec rests w on every set, every workout 5 times a week and run intervals 3 times a week all on a calorie deficit when sub 10% BF. About the dieting, I'm just not gonna bother explaining the willpower needed to eat clean for 3 months straight to a guy with rippletits in his images.

tl;dr; You are still doing the babysteps of lifting. You are the guy running 5 k asking why anyone ever would need to run a marathon.

>wait until you are doing 40 sec rests w on every set

Hahahahah that has nothing to do with getting shredded and everything to do with proving how much of a weakling DYEL you must be lmAo

Actually rushing your sets hahahahah my fucking lord HOW WEAK ARE YOU Hahahahhahha

What you just suggested is how you lose ALL of your strength and ALL of your muscle on a cut

True. You can be at your strongest while being a bit flabby. You can father sons. You can be at your strongest physically and mentally while eating pizza.

Forgot to mention you need to be over 6 feet tall for this physique to look respectable.

10-12% bodyfat is master race

Itt fatties justifying their weak will to drop the fork

This post sounds like a bitter permavirgin that told himself he would get laid if he got shredded, but then didnt get pussy once they got shredded

I honestly wish I could get over my desire to be lean and be a chubby powerlifter, but I've never seen my abs and I want to at least once before I die

Resting over a minute on any set not targeting strength will decrease the hyperthrophy you gain from the excercise. Low resting periods also increase metabolism, especially after the workout.

What you need to be careful about is the volume and frequency when cutting. You are just simply wrong.

also
>Needing more than 40 sec rest on a set
You are the weakling here. Try putting some effort in your next session and see how you feel.

Thanks for adding value to the thread with your projection.

>You are weak for not resting minutes between sets like me

Attached: LQ bait.jpg (600x600, 19K)

africans dont count dumbass

You’re literally killing your gains by rushing through your sets like that. You’re lowering the amount of weight and reps you can lift by doing that. Your knowledge of training seems very poor, it’s a method used by weak people because you literally can’t train like that once you reach a certain threshold of strength. The only people who do that kind of training with little rest time between sets are people benching 135.

Go do some research mate.

>rushing sets for cutting
>supersets for cutting

Momscience

>shredded means you're underweight

Attached: 12gfssfdz.gif (200x200, 2.06M)

How does short rest time affect hipertrophy, do you have anything to back up your claims? If anything short rests just make you more tired and lower overall volume that worsens hipertrophy. I guess theyre useful for condotioning but not if your main goal is hipertrophy, so please stop misleading people.

Short test times means you don’t fully recover for each set and you end up performing less reps than you could have, thus reducing your total workload for the session, thus reducing your gains.

That’s it. It’s pretty simple level knowledge for lifters in 2018. This is shit that’s been pretty common knowledge if you’ve spent more than 5 minutes researching basic training principles.

less conversion of test to estrogen
8-10 % bodyfat is optimal for testosterone levels
less wear and tear on joints, better endurance during sports/activities
clothes actually fit
need slightly less food to maintain weight/muscle