Is PPL the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Is PPL the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Attached: PPLpatricians.png (585x505, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.gyminutesapp.com/2016/09/16/phat-vs-phul/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PHUL

>Training legs twice a week

pecs, hands, upper, lower?

Idiot

u mad

Attached: d2zVkvc.png (753x592, 300K)

I'm sorry to tell you that's not true

you are baiting

Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower

how often are you supposed to have rest days on ppl? is it every 4th day?

Do any of you even lift? All routines are just slight variations of each other. You should be cycling through each of them when one stops working, and adding accessories/ modifications to each routine instead of blindly following the basics.
Each and every one of you needs to shut the fuck up unless you really do know what you’re talking about.
From experience.

PPLPPLx works perfectly well if you have the time

Greyskull LP

How is your first week of lifting going?

t. assmad weakling

I've seen a majority of my aesthetic gains when i switched to a PHUL. I liked doing a PPL for a bit but i felt like i wasn't training with as much intensity going to the gym 6x a week.

I don't think my body is ready for that yet i've only been lifting for a year.

thoughts on Layne Norton's PHAT?

PPL is too taxing on the long run. Sure, you can do it if you're a NEET but if you have other things going on in your life you will not be able to do a proper PUSH day (chest, shoulders, triceps) on the long run if you're natty.

>natty
>aesthetics

Attached: 44tpzr0mwjq01.jpg (979x719, 77K)

kek'd

>natty
>aesthetics
Pick one

What do then

It literally doesnt fucking matter

Do you work out every muscle? Do you hit them frequently? Do you periodically increase weight? Are you consistent? Yes? Then you're make gains.

No. Body parts grow more optimally if they're trained at least twice a week and given 48h rest between sessions. This is why UL/UL is far more efficient. PPL is for advanced lifters who can't grow much more, so need training that specifically allows focus on certain body parts is needed. If you wanna get huge and strong, stick to full-body or ULUL.

See

>Body parts grow optimally if trained 2x a week
>ULULULX doesn't let you squat 2x a week and deadlift 2x a week
What the fuck is the point of that split then

>hands

Any ppl charts?

Don't forget push/pull. Squats/quads on push day, posterior chain on pull day. Extremely underrated imo.

Push/Pull/x/Push/Pull/xx

My first week of lifting was fucking awful. The chest Doms I had were fucking unreal.

This. Doing a dedicated leg day feels like bullshit

Push/Pull/Push/Pull/Push/Pull masterrace.
dyel?

Either work, I prefer some days for cardio and mobility though. And 6 days a week lifting if you're not a neet/student is a drag imo.

Might as well just do full body fool.

Nah, I've never felt I get enough of a workout doing full body unless I'm at the gym for 2+ hours.

so basically SS four times a week

Chest and tris
Back and bis
Shoulders and legs

Just go for this shit OP, don't be a fagget and overthink things

>get enough of a workout doing fullbody

If you aren't spent crushing your PRs in one hour what the hell are you doing?

>hands

Upper Body Push/Lower Body Pull
Upper Body Pull/Lower Body Push

6x a Week with Strenght and Hyperthrophy superior to PHUL and the standard Upper/lower

Whatever works for you

I've just been modifying the Reddit PPL program for over a year according to my goals and sticking points. My numbers are going up, I'm getting bigger and stronger, and most importantly I'm having fun in the gym.

i think so, getting aesthetic but lifts are very slowly progressing for a beginner so there's that

Honorable mention to PHAT though since I managed to put 50 pounds on my deadlift without deadlifting at all for a solid 3 months.

Not even close?

Are you hitting a heavy PR on all muscle groups, every workout though? I would much rather overload one area to the point of exhaustion than do 3 sets for every muscle.

All depends on goals though.

what are your lifts?

I do high reps until I can do about 12 reps then I go up in weight and repeat. It's been working well for me.

But yeah, if you don't want to do numerous sets then it doesn't sound like it's for you

145x5 The Press
225x5 bench
260x5 squat
330x5 deadlift

@5'9 165 lbs

I've tried a few different routines but for me upper/lower 4 days a week allows for the best balance between getting in volume and adequate recovery. PHUL and Lyle McDonald's one are good templates

No, PPPPPP is

these

To each their own, I just really prefer the feeling of exhaustion that you can get with push/pull or ppl. Could be experience too, in year 6 and the 3-4 sets on full body are just not tiring at all.

i personally do arms & chest, back&shoulders, legs&core.
essentially i switch arms with shoulders so the heavy lifts are more spreads around.
alternatively you can have shoulder with legs.

Why not just combine PPL and PHUL.
I do this routine and I’ve got the best results so far. It’s fucking amazing.

Attached: C572EFAB-12F1-4C8B-90A6-F36180C47D79.jpg (502x961, 170K)

How does your routine look like with this split ?

posting a picture of your physique should be obligatory if you're saying your routine is the best

Can you grind it out without a rest day inbetween the PPL and UL

handlets, when will they learn

fuck you reminded me of the worst pain of my life
tried doing reverse cable flies as a skellington dyel and I was literally a tetraplegic the day after

I just jump to another one when I'm bored. Usually every 3 months or so, but I always just switch to something that fits my schedule at the time. Lifting is a hobby man, maybe I'm just not serious enough. I'll even do a bro split if I feel like it.

Pplppr

redpill me on PHUL. what's the best version of the program.

This.

I did this when I had time on weekends, god tier. ULxPPLx is really good.

Nigger. If you do that routine for twice a week you will overtrain your shoulders... Lel. Brainlet. Just do shoulders with chest. Its enough to add 2 more exes in the end.

25kg ? Lol... Retard. You just learned to perform the exercise correctly. Fucking turd. When you add at least another 50 kg then you can call it a progress. Dyel

I feel like this is little volume for me.

blog.gyminutesapp.com/2016/09/16/phat-vs-phul/

This. Also certified testing that you are natty.

On upper body day, don't you feel hard bench pressing before doing over head presses?

fullbody with decent volume 3xweek
cardio 3xweek

You morons don't need 2 days dedicated for legs. You can add 15 minutes or more for legs to a push/pull day twice a week

Squats/leg press and calves are all you need, occasional hammies

>56▶
>
hands

Honestly this. Specifics don’t matter

Me

Attached: 1F4CCC7F-609B-4712-837F-0BEF9AA467BE.jpg (2048x1748, 541K)

nice
ditch the tighty whities tho

thanks user, your routine definitely has some credibility, how long have you been following it?

Started greyskull lp and ran it for a year but my lifts were still pretty weak. Then I switched to Candito Six Week and ran it for two cycles. I made great strength progress with Candito but the bench volume was lacking and it didn’t offer a lot of flexibility in terms of scheduling. Then I switched to this and never looked back since. I’ve been running this for about six months. You get great hypertrophy and strength gains.

Attached: 58D681D4-AB84-4D95-9608-A9E2D2F64B0B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

>no dead lifts or glute bridges

Shame. SHAME

How do you guys lift on a cut ? I'm so fucking lost. Should I be going for volume or focus on compounds for maintaining/maybe increasing strength
>t. Almost 1/2/3/4

REPS

> dips heavy
Take me down to impingement city where the shoulder's fucked and the recovery litty.

Please don't tell me this is with a pump. It's one year in tier.

No pump. I know look dyel but I’ll keep on lifting to look good user. I must keep the fire alive with this routine. Can’t let you guys down.

You did strength routine before? Mind posting a pic?

Im doing PHUL right now, but I was wondering, would it be ok to only do power?
As in like
Day one: Power Upper
Day two: Power Lower
Day three: power upper
Day four: power lower

In fairness im being harsh, i had surgery a month ago and lost everything so im not beyond skeleton. No pump that is perfectly decent.

ULxPPL is the best for aesthetics for regular people and even so, not veryone can go to the gym 5x/week

king routine for aesthetics truly is PPL 6x week with one rest day between every workout which sucks because not only you have to lift 6x/week but you also never have set in stone week days for lifting, always alternating.

no such thing as an ultimate routine, stop looking for it

>you will not be able to do a proper PUSH day (chest, shoulders, triceps) on the long run if you're natty.
You can easily do it in 60 minutes

Joe Delaney is sound man. Live the dude's videos.

Canditos Linear Hypertrophy and Strength, i think its called, is a good similar programme

Heavy Upper, Heavy Lower, Hypertrophy Upper, Hypertrophy Lower, something like that.

Attached: candito linear.png (586x803, 121K)

Absolute sick kunt

Attached: CaUqoc2W4AApKnk.jpg (1024x708, 80K)

meant for OP

How do you guys feel about GZCL? I'm thinking about switching to it when I'm done with Greyskull LP.

Can you fucking read? WITHOUT deadlifting at all. Or have you psychically learned good form on your lifts?

What exercises would you do for the posterior chain?

>all these fags hating DOMs
i unironically miss the feeling of being that sore

>hands

Attached: BA7F9D47-3E95-43E9-9EF7-B835CC5E33CC.jpg (396x386, 38K)

thanks for sharing that dips arent a good exercise for you