6ft 90kg

>6ft 90kg
>Lifting more then a year now
>Still look DYEL as fuck
>Did strength training routines
>Squat 150kg, 170kg DL, 65kg OHP, 96kg bench, 80kg Bent over row, 30kg 1x5 chinups
>People who are way shorter then me, who have the same stats, if not a bit lower look fucking built as fuck

Do short people have it better? every /cbt/ thread i visit and see some shredded cunt / Muscular as fuck they are always midgets.

Attached: df.jpg (864x556, 99K)

>did strength training routines
u realise they're designed for strength not size right bud? or are u a bit retarded :)?

are you lifting for hypertrophy? shorter rest, longer time under tension, more reps

Shorter people look better physique wise than a tall lanklet who has the same stats.

t. 5”7 who lifts for 2 months and already looks built to normies

>Did strength routine
>Complaing about not looking swole

What did you expect? Squats and deadlifts don't get you looking swole very easily. They make you stronger. Hence the name "strength" vs "bodybuilding".

If getting swole is important to you, you, you shouldn't be focusing solely on compound stuff.

Squats are great, but they won't make you look like people on cbt threads

To lift anywhere near that sort of weight, you'd be building quite the amount of muscles, some of you people are straight up retarded who think just because someone does a strength based routine means he wont get bigger muscles.

Someone short who does a strength based routine, will look way better then someone who is 6ft, especially upper body wise.

You're 6 fucking foot. If you look dyel you don't get to blame height
Try higher rep ranges if you aren't

You'd build some muscle for sure

But you'd be way, way behind in mass compared to someone doing a bodybuulding routine.

Totally different goals.

Gotta align your lifts to your goals, not just follow Jow Forums advice to the grave

If OP is focused on strength and prefers a strength routine, then he shouldn't give a fuck about cbt threads anyway. Totally different ballgame, and also a lot of lies on those threads

>some

Again, to lift that sort of weight you'd be building a lot more then "some".

Stop being a stupid nigger.

I'm not gonna post a pic, because I don't care enough, but I'm 6'0 and grew too quick. Stretchmarks galore without any clue about what I was doing at first.

I literally should have slowed down to avoid stretchmarks

It's about your routine and your diet and your bodyfat

Being 6' tall doesn't prevent you from doing anything. Except maybe a jockey or an nba player

>Interpreting the word "some" as a quantity instead of an element of rhetoric
>calling ME a nigger

Im 6ft 80kg with a 70kg ohp, maybe your shoulders are small? Bigger shoulders will stop you looking dyel

There is literally no difference for natty lifters between strength routines and bodybuilding routines. The diffrences are in athletes having more bf% and being more proficient at certain lifts.

Also, there are plenty of people who are strong as fuck and don't have as much muscle mass as weaker people who do bodybuilding. That's not a controversial statement at all.

And OP's numbers aren't really spectacular. They're nothing to be ashamed of, but not nearly high enough for him to expect to look jacked without doing any isolation stuff.

Just re-read things

You're either really fucking stupid or really fucking crazy

This is fucking stupid as fuck. Of course there is a difference.

Isolation exercises raise your local muscular insulin-like growth factor-1 and growth hormone levels to a greater extent than can large compound lifts in the case of your biceps or triceps or forearms.

Where did you get that from? A Jow Forums bro?

Isolation works for muscle mass. It's not really debatable. They put more strain on those muscles and let you more easily target certain strain levels to promote igf and gh levels that promote muscle growth. And igf and gh levels in a muscle vary considerably depending on weight and number of reps

Stop listening to so many Jow Forums bros and start using your brain.

If two people who both bench 100 kg for 5 reps, the one who does chest flyes eill be bigger...

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

You're not the best reader, are you?

A de-tarded version:

If two people bench the amount, but one person also does tricep exercises while the other does not, the person who additionally does tricep isolations will have bigger triceps, if all other things are the same.

Jesus

Use your brain. Of course isolation helps grow muscle. Bench does not bottleneck at your triceps. Therefore, bench press is not exerting maximal strain on your biceps. You won't grow smaller muscles as much if you're only using them as in a secondary manner. It's not exactly a controversial idea.

eat

I don't get your point, strength athletes don't do isolations? Are you mentally challenged? No one does compounds for more than a few reps because its straining as fuck and we get volume from isolation. Wow it amazes me how retarded you are.

*triceps, not biceps

But seriously, how do you not understand this? Fuck

Obviously your chest is gonna get tuckered out way the fuck before your triceps do. Bench press plus tricep isolations is a way to overcome this in terms of muscle growth. Sure, it's unecessary and won't make you much stronger in a practical sense, but it's just a reality.

>lifting for like 10 months
>shit stats
>was lifting more than I am now 5 months ago
>string of injuries and illnesses leading me to have missed out on like 2 months of lifting in this period (spread out)
>not as focused or determined; before I would hit my workout no matter what, going to the gym the morning after a bender and such, now if I miss a day due to a social event that session is just completely skipped
>on a cut
>pretty sure I have shit lifting genetics too

6'3 90kg

Squat - probably fucking like 50kg because i've fucked my right hip flexor and haven't been able to do it for like a month (was 90kg 5 months ago)
65kg bench and row (was 70kg 5 months ago)
45kg ohp (was 55kg 5 months ago)
100kg diddly (was 120kg 5 months ago)

Feel so shit about it, gotta pull my finger out.

"We get volume from isolation"

Yeah. That's what I was saying.

Someone who does a bodybuilding routine and spending more time and energy building up their triceps and biceps and chest is gonna look more swole than someone who primarily lifts for strength

That's just a reality

What part of this do you disagree with?

OP literally said "strength routine"

Strength routines don't waste as much time and effort working on mass in certain areas. Therefore, people who do strength routines don't get as swole. This is simple.

The human body can only handle so much stress. You pick and choose.

Strength routines don't magically let you have your cake and eat it, too.

>80kg
>70kg OHP

Why bother lying on the Internet bro

No you're retarded as fuck. What you're talking about are beginner routines which teach novice athletes to be proficient at lifts. More advanced strength athletes do shitton of isolation and only do compounds for low reps to keep their proficiency. Like I said for natty lifters there is no difference between bodybuilding routines and strength routines.

post body
do you count your calories?
your not still doing strength routines are you?

Where did you get this from?

I'm serious

Where? Why the fuck would steroids have anything to do with the fact that allocating more time and effort to mass leads to more mass? It's ludicrous

There are also tons of studies out there that show that doing higher-rep range exercises promotes more hypertrophy-promoting hormones and short-distance signalling molecules. Bodybuilding routines allocate a higher percentage of energy to these exercises.

This isn't complicated.

You're just reguritating Jow Forums myths with no regard whatsoever for science or common sense.

Lmao literal retard. I bet i do more volume in one day than you do in whole week.

This guy is right, all you other faggots arguing probably think he's talking about SS or SL when he says strength routines, you guys are retarded

Sameish feela

6'2 96kg
3 months lifting
50kg bench
50kg squat (atg)
60kg dl

Missed gym yesterday because i needed to let my back heal, these stats arent my max, they are for reps.

Why are you talking about more advanced strength athletes?

Why is that relevant?

OP has barely been lifting over a year

He literally is a novice, and novices who focus on strength routines in their first year don't pack on as much mass as novices who focus only on hypertrophy

That's what I've been saying the whole time. I never said strength routines can't get you jacked. I was saying that OP has his priorities misaligned with his concerns if he's worried about comparing himself to cbt threads.

We are literally talking about a novice here.

Thats because beginner strength routines last for 3-4months. After that you move to intermediate routines which are pretty much the same as so called "bodybuilding" routines.

>OP's Numbers
>Novice
Pick one.

>>People who are way shorter then me, who have the same stats, if not a bit lower look fucking built as fuck
I dont understand how you people cant comprehend this basic fucking concept

Yes, no fucking shit, the shorter you are the bigger you will look. Because 1kg of muscle over 100cm looks bigger than 1kg of muscle over 200cm.

I don't care about internet "bodybuilding" routines or whatever.

I just meant routines that focus on hypertrophy. And a year in, it would make a pretty considerable difference in hypertrophy. The gap does close, but at only 1 year in, he's simply behind people who focus solely on gaining mass from the start.

Also, I would not agree with you in thinking that intermediate routines have as much hypertrophy potential as people who have focused soley on it. They take a more balanced approach. It definitely closes the gap a lot, but they are often still fairly reasonable and limited in that respect. Simply lower volume in a lot of cases.

I'm not bashing strength routines at all. They're great for people.

I just meant that OP shouldn't be comparing himself to people with other priorities. If he's focused primarily on strength, he probably had fairly low volume for the majority of his time lifting thus far. Maybe it's increasing now, but he still shouldn't be comparing himself.

1. Your perception of 'built' is warped by being on Jow Forums and continuously comparing yourself to others. After a year of lifting, even fucking around, you will look better than the average.
2. The taller you are the less impressive you will look, even if you have identical muscle mass. A literal clone of you, but a foot shorter, would look swole in comparison to you.
3. Pure strength training programs do not have enough volume in them. 5x5 OHP/Bench/Squat/Dead is not enough to put on serious muscle. You need other exercises to hypertrophy them.

Pic related is a good way to at least conceptualize volume. If you're doing nothing but bench press you will never look as good as someone who does incline+flyes. Even if your bench press was double or triple his bench press.

Attached: Capture.png (439x560, 19K)

I would still call him a novice.

Even if he isn't a novice anymore, he has still spend a very large chunk of his time lifting thus far as a novice

>shorter
>same stats
than they're obviously stronger than you

>volume is sets x reps
Please dont tell me you're the same guy I btfo about strength routines. If so i have nothing more to say, you're just retarded.

Not the same guy

And I don't know why you think you btfoed me

Firstly no and second volume is only dictated by sets x reps. Learn some basic math.

He's a cunt

Not a sick cunt, btw

You have dyel stats, you need 3/4/5 at your height to look decent

Im gonna give you the biggest reason you dont look good even though you are strong and have made good strength progress in a year.

YOU HAVENT LIFTED FOR LONG ENOUGH TIME YET.

VOLUME IS KING

And yes, manlets will look more jacked quicker (in less years than a tall guy would with same genetics and training exp)