GOUT - WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

GOUT - WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!
How do I get rid of this pain!?!

I went to bed with a sore toe. In the middle of the night about 3am I woke up with it in excruciating pain. It's swollen to the size of a golf ball and red and hurts like hell.

What the actual fuck!?! I used to make fun of this guy at my gym for being a bitch because of gout. Fuck this fuck this fuck this!!!

Attached: miriam-and-ira-wallach-gout-18th-century-caricature_a-l-10223592-14258389.jpg (550x413, 66K)

go to the doctor, user.

You poor bastard
>fellow gout user
800mg Ibuprophen right now.
Alternatively you can take 660mg of naproxen sodium.

Posting this asap. will respond more in depth

I cant even walk the six steps to the toilet. I'll have to wait for a ride.

I'll start crawling.

>the vegans were actually fucking right

after your initial dose continue with 400mg every 8 hours until pain stops. If required you may take up to 800mg every 8 hours which is prescription strength, but do not exceed that dose, and do not take more than 3 doses in a 24 hour period.

Immediate pain relief can be achieved with a COOL water foot bath. Don't go too cold because it can aggravate it further. I find epsom salts seem to help.

So gout is elevated uric acid levels that are so high that they've reached the point of falling out of solution and crystallizing in the sinoivial joint fluid which in turn causes inflammation of the tissue layer in the joint.

Drink plenty of water. I mean PLENTY. You want your urine running clear. Personally I keep 4 gallons of water in rotation under the bed just in case I ever get another attack. (haven't had one in four years)

Beyond that eat a calorie restricted diet during and immediately following the attack.
No red or white meat, only fish to minimize purines
absolutely none of the following:
milk, protein powder, sweetened beverages, refined carbohydrates or sugar, and no fruit juices.

What has your diet been like over the last two or three months? have you been increasing the amount of meat or protein you're taking?

Fast

I took the ibuprophen. I'll get a water supply going. I have noticed my piss has been darker. I haven't been drinking as much water as I should.

I've been drinking more since I broke up and I'm going out more. Also changed shifts and I've unfortunately been drinking two monsters every night at work.

Will that help?

>Dietary causes account for about 12% of gout,[3] and include a strong association with the consumption of alcohol, fructose-sweetened drinks, meat, and seafood
>meat, and seafood
Are they pretending fish isn't meat or are they saying nori will give you gout?

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR FASTING BULLSHIT.

I'm an avid /fast/ proponent. But the god damn last thing you want to do during a gout attack is fast. One of the hallmarks of a fasted metabolism is elevated uric acid levels since kidney's increase their re-uptake of uric acid when fasting.
>"oh hey OP i see you have a condition caused by elevated uric acid levels. You should elevate your uric acid levels even higher!"

>alcohol and monster energy drinks
There's your problem.

Metabolically alcohol and fructose are metabolized through the same pathway. And this pathway has a high turnover over of ATP. It's called ATP trapping. This turnover is directly responsible for elevating uric acid.

If you never want to have another gout attack then stop drinking alcohol and these energy drinks.

Fasting (especially dry) cures inflammation, heals your gut and kills shitty cells. Check out Snake Diet on youtube.
Arthritis = inflammation = shitty gut.

Well not during a fucking attack, of course, but as a matter of overall health.

Thanks user.
I dunked my foot in some cool water and the pain immediately disappeared. How long can I keep it submerged?

you are actually factually medically wrong.

>How long can I keep it submerged?

As long as you want. You can spend the rest of your life underwater.

>how long can I keep it submerged?
Do no more than 15 or 20 minutes. The ibuprophen should start kicking in by then. The problem with the cool water bath is that it lowers the temperature of the extremity which in turn lowers the solubility of uric acid in solution.

Personally I found that when I had an attack I'd get my ibuprophen in me, soak for 15 minutes in cool water and then put on loose but warm wool knit socks. It hurts to get them on, but do it. Then I'd wrap myself up in bed with all my blankets leaving my feet sticking out and put on a knit winter hat. I'd get myself as warm as possible to the point of mildly sweating all day long. On top of this I'd make sure to drink enough water to keep me urinating regularly. I wouldn't even get out of bed to piss. just into an empty jug there off the edge of the bed so I wouldn't have to walk on it. Typically the attack would be over by the next morning.

What about this stuff I'm seeing about cherry juice? My elderly neighbor above me said she'll get me anything I need from the store. I only have 4 more ibuprophen left.

>What about this stuff I'm seeing about cherry juice?
old wives tale. Don't bother with it, all the free fruit sugars and fructose will just set it back.

If anything get yourself some potassium and magnesium citrates if possible. The carbonates and ions will encourage uric acid excretion to some degree. You can get sodium citrate with baking soda and lemon juice to neutrality. But too much sodium can be a health problem so be careful with how much of that you get.

Wow user you’re very helpful and knowledgeable. Not even sarcasm

When people say fasting is full of shit, youre the kind of people theyre talking about.

Also why get yourself so warm you start sweating? What's the point in that? Don't I want to pee it out instead of sweating?

I actually have mag and potassium citrate powders from bulk labs. I stopped supplementing those about a month ago.How much?

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I battled gout for 3 fucking years before I figured my shit out. Spent a LOT of time on my laptop in bed reading all the research I could on it.

>Also why get yourself so warm you start sweating? What's the point in that? Don't I want to pee it out instead of sweating?
Yes, Uric acid can only be excreted through the urine. And you want to pee a lot to keep the pressure gradient for uric acid high to try and minimize how much the kidneys take back up. The point of getting yourself warm to the point of sweating is that when you're sweating you know your core body temperature is elevated. And uric acid's solubility is precariously balanced in humans. We keep enough in our blood for anti-oxidant purposes (which is why we have lower vitamin C requirements than other primates) But uric acid has very poor solubility in our blood at our body temperature. Which is why gout attacks are almost universally occuring in the extremities which get the coldest, and at night when the body temperature is the lowest. By keeping your body temperature high you increase the solubility which helps minimize further crystaline deposition in the joint fluid.

>I actually have mag and potassium citrate powders from bulk labs. I stopped supplementing those about a month ago.How much?
A month ago? I think your gout attack is just a function of a perfect storm of confounding factors. Resume taking the doses you were. If you didn't stop because of adverse effects then you can supplement +50% or so for a week to help encourage uric acid turnover as you correct the sugar and alcohol situation.

I kept getting gout attacks every single time I tried to stop drinking mountain dew.
>citric acid
>potassium citrate

As soon as I started getting more citrus and potassium loaded greens in my diet my gout up and vanished and I was able to quit the dew habit.

You're a fucking rock star dude.Thank you so much for this information. I would have never guessed about the potassium thing in a million years. What's the role behind that do you know? I definitely don't get enough greens in my diet. I should correct that. Does the magnesium play the same role?

Also. Are you being serious about pissing in a jug in bed instead of going to the bathroom?

your body is converting your nutrients to uric acid instead of urea. which means you are not drinking enough water and your protein consumption is too high compared to fiber. go veggie diet for a week with 3 liter of water per day

>Also. Are you being serious about pissing in a jug in bed instead of going to the bathroom?
Right now, would you rather hobble to the bathroom or would you rather just lean over and piss into a jug?

The thing about potassium is a little bit too complicated to go into now. It just has to do with where the body wants to keep the uric acid levels. Magnesium may play a similar kind of role but i've seen no evidence of it. The reason for my suggestion to include magnesium citrate was just to increase the amount of citrate you can get. Citrate gets turned into carbonate which raises urine pH.

>SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR FASTING BULLSHIT.

Dude... fasting was the NUMBER ONE cure used by almost all primitive societies
Stop being a fucking pussy and go on 10 day water fast

Attached: Brain_Damage.jpg (600x604, 52K)

And yet, even the greeks and romans contraindicated fasting for gout sufferers and those prone to gout because IT WOULD CAUSE GOUT FLARE UPS.

Too much uric acid in body. Take in NOTHING but water to flush body of excess uric acid.

Why the fuck did you get so fucking fat and eat so unhealthy that you got this condition in the first place?!!

Gout is almost unheard of in modern society for nay but super fatties and idiots who only eat french deserts.

I am an idiot.. do not fast with Gout.

but do lose weight and watch your diet.

You really need to study fasting then. Because it is well established in medical literature that fasted individuals have anywhere from 125-170% more uric acid in their blood than in a fed state.

Fasting causes the kidneys to massively ramp up their re-uptake of uric acid.

If you don't believe me go get yourself a uric acid test before you start a fast, and at three or more days into your fast. The tests are dirt cheap.

>Why the fuck did you get so fucking fat and eat so unhealthy that you got this condition in the first place?!!
I have never been over 200lbs or greater than 15% body fat