/noob/

Thread only for beginning lifters to discuss current lifts, improvements, problems or just feels.

Today marks my 1 months of lifting, current lifts are:
>35kg OHP
>50kg Bench
>65kg Squat
>95kg Diddly
>55kg BB Row
So far so good desu.

Attached: beginner-s.jpg (900x602, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=male&age=20&lbs=155&in=73&act=1.55&f=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

@45560236
>1 months

>10 months*

>@45560236
?

Fuck, now it's impossible to know what I meant with my post.
Might as well delete this thread, mod. Nobody will ever understand whats written in the OP.

What'd you start at?

90lb OHP. I'm using a machine for OHP while I get my shoulder strength up (both are shit)
100lb bench
120lb squat (can probably go up tomorrow)
130lb deadlift (watching my back, feel like I can do more)
90lb BB row

Empty bar for form and then +2.5kg every workout, but when my form was good enough I sometimes added more .
Like with diddly, I made 10kg jumps a couple of times and I still feel like I can easily do more than 95kg, but I don't want to risk an injury.

You meant you've been lifting for 10 months?

That's pretty good famalam
height, weight, routine?

Thats not me, i've only been lifting for 1 month.

Height is 1.83m / 6ft
Weight is 78kg / 170lbs
I do SL and try to get at least 3000cals in a day.

bump

Almost finished with my first month
>25kg OHP
>30kg bench
>65kg squat
>70kg deadlift
>35kg bb row
I feel like i'm doing everything except squat and OHP wrong

Attached: 1490591373162.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

How is your grip on the bar? Are you using your core properly? Are you breathing properly?

2 months in

85lb OHP
115lb Bench
175lb Squat
225lb deadlift
130lb row

I fucking hate rows, I'm going to have to deload and start again because clearly I'm not doing something right with them

>Everything's gone up about a plate over a month
>After squatting my ankle starts to ache, very spooked
Gonna try and figure out wtf is going on, it's just under my fibula, kinda feels ligamenty,

90lb ohp doesn't count if you are using a machine

Make sure you touch chest when benching and make sure you retract scapula

Are u turning your knees in when u squat? You need 2 keep them still

No fucking idea man. I'm just gonna keep watching YT tutorials and read SS at snailpace because I'm a brainlet

>rando website tells me to eat at least 243g protein for bulking when im 155 lbs
are there any actual benefits to eating more protein than ~.8g/lb * bw (124g for me)?
>tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=male&age=20&lbs=155&in=73&act=1.55&f=1

At .5/1/1.5/2 roughly after a month and a half in the gym, but i am fat and played football and worked construction so i have some muscle. Currently cutting.

Bro it's bs. I have CUT on 80g of protein a day and maintained 95% of strength after losing 30lbs. Just try eat like 130g a day if not then oh well. As long as you're in a surplus u should have the energy to increase lifts, protein is overrated

While doing barbell rows, it's completely logical that there is some static work done by quads since you are doing the work out in some quasi-crouching position?

Cheat rows build back better anyway, just don't cheat 2 much.

Cheats rows? You mean lifting your back while pulling up with your arms? I meant, if you are holding perfectly still while pulling up, is it normal that I feel some toll on my legs too?

I've been lifting for a month as well, feels good getting stronger every workout
I'm currently at
>115lb OHP
>180lb bench
>215lb squat
>290lb deadlift

Where did you start? 180lb Bench would be massive for me (5 weeks into lifting).

Attached: pepeppepeepe.jpg (1200x442, 52K)

Lifting since mid December, bw 158

140 OHP
235 bench
305 front squat
335 diddly

Any advice on protein bars in europe?

I understand that they are just barely better than candy but i really enjoy the treat after training. Been buying one or 2 a week at my gym , just thinking on buying a big box off internet.

Recommendations?

OHP: 40kg
Bench : 65kg - cant progress after deloading 2 times
B. squat: 90kg
Deadlift: 85kg
any1 have any bench advice?

Attached: 1522842467805.png (385x350, 37K)

how do I into bulking?

o yeah also been lifting for a month

I think when I first started I was around 90/155/185/255

1 month lifting
OHP 20 -> 32.5kg
Bench 40 -> 55kg
Squat 35 -> 65kg
Diddly 35 -> 65kg

Diddly is going strong but im gonna reset the other 3 because i need like 5s from the bottom of the movement to come back up.

How do you get out of a squat/bench when you fail a rep? I'm too much of an autist to ask for a spot.

If you worried about failing you should squat in the cage, you can set up bars to the side to drop the bar into.

Bench is trickier , you should be asking for a spot when you are progressing , nobody is gonna care and it will help with your autism, knowing more people in the gym even if its only to say hey when you meet them everyday is always good.

you use safety pins

if your gym doesn't have those, go to another gym.

try progress with small increments, try 67.5 kg

Are those your 5x5 numbers or one rep ?

I was on my way to snap city by my shitty deadlift form, also I squat ATG and the number is low compared to all other lifts

45kg squat for reps all the way to the ground
50kg bench for reps

Should I be like everyone else and not go so low? Also can I have a link to what you consider perfect DL form?

Critique my sumo/hybrid deadlift please!

Attached: 20180411_125722_1.gif (368x656, 2.54M)

Squat in a cage if you can, if you think you're going to fail try and drop the weight backwards don't let it come over the top of you. Bench is kinda hard, best bet it to either get a spot or bench with safeties. It's definitely a good idea to practice a fail when the gym is quiet, that way you can do it safely when it inevitably happens.There's probably youtube videos out there that explain it.

Week 3 of SL5x5

>85lb OHP
>101lb Bench
>95lb Squat
>185lb Deadlift
>101lb BB Row

Feels good to be getting back into it. Have had multiple surgeries on my knees so I need to take it easy on the Squat and DL. My upperbody has always been my strongest, and I'll be slowly adding some assistance exercises starting tomorrow. Having a home gym has been the biggest help, so much more efficient than heading into the city just to workout.

3 months of lifting
>55kg OHP
>75kg Bench
>95kg Squat
>140kg Deadlift
>72.5kg BB Row

I will be an Intermediate soon

Attached: 29995894_1574454019334028_1547129089_o.jpg (1539x2048, 312K)

3x5 cuz SS

I've read that I should get some shoes for to squat better and more comfortably. Can you deadlift in them too??

Attached: powerlift-3-solar-red-white-black-fb.jpg (1200x628, 106K)

Squatting shoes are an excellent investment. But I wouldn't recommend using them for DL. Flat Soled shoes work best.

Don't buy them and make your own
They'll be better in cost, proton content and not be pure fucking sugar

if you deadlift in them you're doing a deficit deadlift kind of

This is my third week of serious lifting.
>45kg Press
>65kg Bench Press
>80kg Squat
>82.5kg Deadlift

how is your press so strong relative to the rest of your lifts

5x5

You're totally right but I haven't done a legit OHP press yet. Still kind of a bitch about my shoulders, had a hairline fracture in the left and have a reoccuring subluxation issue in the right. I need to see a doctor soon, if anything just for the green light.