I fucking hate deadlifting. I workout three times a week with a bench and barbell in my garage...

I fucking hate deadlifting. I workout three times a week with a bench and barbell in my garage, and play soccer 6ish days a week, sometimes twice a night.

The only thing i hate about my entire workout each week is deadlifting. Do i have to do it? are there any other exercises that build back and shoulders i can do at home like deadlifting can? why can’t i just substitute it for more shoulder pressing? I BBrow anyways so i can just increase weight on that right? please help i hate it so much

Attached: image.jpg (287x300, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shoulders
nigga what

>I workout three times a week

Hating deadlifts is the least of your problems

yeah bro just do more shoulder press instead, it's practically the same as deadlifting anyway

Attached: Uo3ps.jpg (639x479, 36K)

i mean i life 3 days a week. i workout 6 days a week. thought i made that pretty clear. i’m still a student, so if i workout more than that i don think my body could handle it. i lift 3 hours before my soccer sessions, some of which i have two of one after another.

you what nigga? are you by any chance a woman?

do more ohp and replace dl with rdl's

might wanna check out your privates to see if you've grown a vagina

>hating the deadlift

we’re reaching levels of soy that shouldn’t be possible

Attached: 648D846B-C0C1-4159-BB6E-344480A93DEE.jpg (1052x631, 182K)

I hate deadlifting too, started lifting almost a year ago. I workout 5 days a week. Should I just git gud and start doing them?

5'5 178lbs

OHP 145
BENCH 195
SQUAT 265
DEADLIFT :^(

Attached: 20180409_224041.png (497x497, 167K)

Womyn?

How do you hate deadlifting?
It is the best exercise

>doing shoulder press
>not doing reverse deadlifts

Well, I hate you, and you're the best poster on this board.

Because it fucking hurts my lower back so much.

>just decrease the weight dumbass

i did. i started out with baby weight and now i’m still at baby weight and haven’t progressed. after every set it aches my lower back so much it fucking hurts since day 1. went up from like 95 to 185 but still hurts just the same nothing changed

>warm up dumbass

i do 5 of the bar, 5 of 95lb, 5 of 135 lb, then 4x5 of 185 and my lower back is in fucking shambles for the next day or so. i woke up this morning and it’s like i was stabbed, and i deadlifted friday last.

>fix your form dumbass

i’ve watched all the videos, from powerlifters, to the guy with the mustache teaching the skinnier guy with a twisted mustache, and i’ve filmed myself and watched it over. I can tell you it’s not the form

>womyn?

no, dyel

>you’re too new. your lower back muscles are being used heavily for the first time and you need to give them time to repair
i stated dec. 9th, i know that’s not long ago but it’s long enough where i shouldn’t be having noob pains.

wtf else is there

Attached: image.jpg (180x180, 52K)

>Do i have to do it?

I am exactly the same. I just quit doing it all together. I don't care that much about athletic performance so whatever.

Do you have scoliosis? Or some other back condition? If you're dure your form is fine (i doubt it) then its some fuvked spine or just a really weak back, core, and glutes n hams

My least favorite is either squats or bench since they require a good bit of focus and technique and sometimes I'm just off a little bit. I guess that keeps them interesting too though. I always have to get really hyped up to do squats since I got really long legs, but I'm still doing better than most of the people who even bother to squat at the gym now starting month 3 of them so I guess that's nice.

I like diddlies though. It's the liftiest lift there is. Literally picking up a really heavy thing and putting it down. For some reason most people don't even diddly 2 pl8s at my gym and I'm completely confused as to why. I guess all the weak squats could be a reason though plus people not working anything but arms, chest, abs, and maybe shoulders.

it’s def not my hams or glutes, not ripped but lean af, if you don’t believe me i can post a video don’t really care about the judgement i want to know what i’m doing wrong

>hating most badass lift
fuck you lad lmao

this

i only have enough weight in my garage for 215, and i’ve lifted it before. i want to max and then report back here. going to see how many reps of this i can do before i just can’t lift it anymore

You don't have to deadlift if you back squat, do power cleans and/or snatch grip deadlifts, or just don't do any of those.
Wrist rollers for forearms.
You always gotta do hyperextensions though. Hypers are very important for back health.

You better come back don't die doing 30 reps. Go buy yourself another set of 45s, and another set of 25s at the very least assuming you already have some 5s, 2.5s, and 10s. It'll be around $100-150 but if you're not going to get a gym membership you absolutely need that weight to make gains. You should be able to squat 315 and diddly 405 in a matter of months so give yourself the tools to do it. Go sell your Nintendo Switch or your ass or something soyman.

I love squats but I don't see the point of deadlifts and don't trust myself to do them right.

Just trying to help lad. Are you bracing properly? Like breathe in as much as you can and hold it in, forcing it into your abs and stuff, then breathe out after the bar is on the ground and breathing in again before next rep

pulled 10. back feels okay, after the fourth or fifth rep i started not to feel it anymore. could def pull 2 plates and a little change, also i have a gym membership (parents got it) but don’t see the point in driving a 10 mile round trip when i have a homegym. And yea i need half weights cause my shoulder press was 75lb and the next weight up was 95lb cause i only god 2 x 45lb, 25lb, 10lb, and 5lb.

no i wasn’t saying i don’t need YOUR judgement, i do. i was saying i don’t care what people here would say if i posted a video. But yes i breathe out at the top of the rep and drop slowly

Will return in an hour, have doctor appointment to see if i’m eligible to attend a military institute.

use a weight belt?

Don't breathe out till its back on the ground bro you 're losing tension. make sure you finish the rep opposite of the way up. So put it down exactly how you picked it up. Don't just bend over.

Do glute bridges, Then shoulder shrugs as an alternative

That's a lot of volumen there, bucko

Try knee level or just below the knee rack pulls or block pulls mate honest. You will feel all the great upper back benefits of the deadlift without the retarded lower back and cns rape.

Also look into Jefferson deadlifts which let your spine be more neutral similar to a trap bar deadlift.

It's because it's hard and you hate it that you need to do it the most, you UTTER fucking pussy

going well so far waiting for doc to return. just did he nutsack test

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc

Time for suicide, my friend.

deadlift is my favorite lift, you wont make it bro

>what is reading
it hurts, whether i want to do it or not.

Honestly you should do more deadlifts. You should deadlift so much so that it becomes the thing you love the most.

I have things I hate in my training but I hate them because i don't want to do them typically because it's actual effort. This is why you should tackle these things head on in training and life.

>hates deadlifts
soy detected

Learn to hip hinge. This is fundamental. Google it. Once you learn this, use it to stretch the fuck out of your hamstrings for a few weeks while increasing your ROM (go easy though). If you've never actually hinged and stretched out the hams before you will probably give yourself severe DOMS the first time you do it.

Then, learn to pull your back into extension with your lats. Mike Tuscherer has a great video on youtube if you search for it.

Once you get these two aspects of A) hinging at the hip as you bend over and B) lat tension, things will make more sense. From there its smaller details like how much knee travel as you bring shins to bar, bracing etc
For now those two things should give you plenty to work on.

40 posts and these dumb retards couldn't even give you something useful, make no mistake, asking Jow Forums is asking a bunch of arrogant dyels 99% of the time, I guarantee you no strong deadlifters replied because they'd have given you the advice I did

Same here, its such a damn hassle clearing floor space and loading up a ton of plates. Do powercleans and rows, squats if you can bear them. I didnt deadlift for a month but came back to them and broke a pr by 50 pounds.

How do I stop tearing open my callouses when deadlifting? I don't want to be a strap bitch.

what kind of faggot are you m8 deadlifting is the funnest exercise ever. you're lifting a fucking heavy ass weight off of the ground, that's it. it's squatting that sucks.

Shave them flat and make sure you're holding the bar in just your fingers, not in your palms. Beyond that, you're fugged.

How the fuck are lifting for 3 hours? Work out for an hour half for more days.

we are gonna need to see your form, get someone to film you from the side, i guarantee you that you are doing something wrong

Dont twist or scrunch your skin

>i lift three hours before my soccer sessions

read this again

greatly appreciated lad

>
i’ve watched all the videos, from powerlifters, to the guy with the mustache teaching the skinnier guy with a twisted mustache, and i’ve filmed myself and watched it over. I can tell you it’s not the form

if you don't like it don't do it. simple