Do you think I can join the tour de france...

Do you think I can join the tour de france? I calculated that professional tour de france bicyclers train for 4-6 hours per day, that's got to be about 20 mph. I'm currently on 2 hrs a day at 10 mph. If I can double my speed, then all I need to do is double the hours and I am compete with those french frogs. Anyone know about bicycling here?

Attached: 1509619288566.jpg (275x183, 8K)

Get on strava (app) bro
Is a good community, might help withyour goals.

Short answer? No

Unless you've been training since age 10 it's pretty much impossible to catch up with the guys at the top.

You might be able to dangle at the end of the platoon if you train intensely but I seriously doubt it

I once met Tom Boonen and asked him how he trained. Pretty much his whole life revolved around cycling

Dude, those people are insane. Chances are you will never be able to catch up with their volume. And literally all of them are on PEDs.

Tour De France riders all abuse pacing, so if you into a peloton you can probably cruise for like 100 miles without pedaling at all.

Lol

You are trolling here bro, or completly incompetent.

If you want to know how i could tell just ask, i will be here for an other 1h. I'm glad when I can help.

You are exaggerating aerodynamic fields but I agree that it makes life easy-mode if you never have to lead.

tfw you'll never get to wear the polka dot shirt

Attached: 1515257064127.jpg (567x437, 35K)

I'd rather meme-jerseys to be honest family.

Attached: love live cycle jersey.png (620x581, 381K)

Tell me.

not the same guy

>If you want to know how i could tell just ask
I want to know how user could tell the other user is trolling.

You don't have nearly enough the dedication to ruin your knees like that user

No cyclist ever started cacling at the age of 10. It makes no sense to start before puperty hits

For example:
Armstrong startet with 13 as triathlet.
Laurens ten Dam startet with 17.

He met Tom Boonen and it turned out the life of a proffessional caclist is mostly about cycling?
WOW... really never thought of that.

This guy is full of shit

cacling = cycling

>knees
You meant to say prostate, right?

I wouldn't be able to handle all the (literal) dick sucking.

>Do you think I can join the tour de france
no
/thread

Is this bait? OP, if you're serious about competitive cycling you start out by racing in amateur races. The organization that runs them usually varies by country. Right now you are not nearly fast enough to climb out of the lowest amateur ranks, in fact they will probably pull you out of the races early at your speed. Good luck and start training.

Never say never, but just some realism:

1. Everyone in the TDF, or at least everyone that's even close to having a chance to win, is on gear. They only went after Lance Armstrong because they couldn't stand an American winning their race, those fucking cheese eating surrender monkeys.

2. Average TDF speed is more like 25mph. And that's AVERAGE, including hills and all that. I've been riding for 2 years and I have a hard time hitting 25, even for a minute, on a flat road.

>Average TDF speed is more like 25mph. And that's AVERAGE, including hills and all that.
Sheit, that's fast.
One thing to keep in mind, most of these guys are really small and aerodynamic.
I'm 6'2 and have a big chest and arms and those don't do me any favors on the bike at all.

Unless you gear and have the morphology for it no, you will never even cone close to these guys.
They have been on a bicycle 2h/day since they were 12, they are on nasa gear and tesla bikes (half truth).
TDF average is 42km/h, something like 26mph, including the crazy elevation they get in some days.
Try going 42km/h for just one hour on a flat road, even with a 10k$ bike, then we'll talk again.

Plus they do it MULTIPLE DAYS IN A ROW lol. They lose weight over the course of the tour because they can't eat enough to keep up with the daily calorie burn.

>I once met Tom Boonen and asked him how he trained. Pretty much his whole life revolved around cycling

And cocaine...