/fast/ - #169 - Skellymode Edition

working discord (permanent link)
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

Weight loss
Better skin
Autophagy

WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: 1522737025306.jpg (583x439, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=14&page=8
discord.gg/WfgghsW(edited)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

About to start my first fast as a fatass and i have some questions, how do i get potassium in easily and can i do some cardio everyday while fasting?

Most people here will recommend snakejuice probably.

You can get potassium chloride and there is some debate on broth. The protein in broth may break autophagy but autophagy peaks around day 3 anyways.

And cardio is fine. Make sure you get some salt and potassium in you.

How long are you fasting for?

What kind of broth does Dr. Fung recommend?
I've heard him recommend drinking "broth" but nothing more specific than that.

Attached: Screenshot_20180328190125.jpg (1080x1920, 975K)

noSalt and other salt substitutes
Yes as long as it doesn't make you pass out.

I need advice.

I have to deliver a speech tomorrow for a class. Tomorrow will be day 4 of my snake juice fast.

I have still been unable to rid myself of headaches. I've tried more potassium/salt, and I'm tried more water. It isn't caffeine withdrawal, btw.

I feel like my speech performance will suffer if I happen to have a pounding headache.

So I'm considering breaking my fast tonight to ensure that I'll be at 100% for the speech tomorrow. What do you guys think?

>my fasting exploits spread throughout my entire office building and to the next office building
I'm currently fasting right now, but because of the unexpected energy expending work I'm trying to break my fast. However I got stuck on more duties.

Horrendous

Attached: 1453255172095.jpg (600x550, 74K)

Broke a two day fast.

Want to jump right back on board for another two day after today's refeed.

Should I? Or switch over to IF or OMAD?

Is there a /fast/-approved infographic on the benefits of autophagy?

Potassium can be gotten from salt substitutes like NoSalt and Lite Salt. You can and should do moderate cardio while fasting, just make sure you aren't skimping on the electrolytes.

If you're a fat fuck, you don't need to be eating food- you don't need to be doing IF or OMAD, you need to NOT EAT until you get LEAN and LOSE that body fat

Starting multi-day fasting again immediately after you re-feed. Again, assuming you're a fatass

>IF
>1600 calorie goal
>tfw my toddler eats more than me now

Little bastard is doing 600-800 calorie meals 3x a day lately

Don't break your fast with a can of baked beans. The results are messy

Bone broth. Its low calorie, has salt and potassium in it.

I haven't heard or seen an evidence, but some say the protein in the broth autophagy.

Bit again, autophagy peaks ar 3 day a and is a nice side effect, but not the point of fasting for most.

Hello I'm boutta pull off a 36 hour fast will I lose the little muscle I have

36 is nothing, and no you won't lose muscle.

Do it!

Recent pic, according to the bodyfat tester (Omron handgrip) I'm 16% here.

So not a fatass, but can definitely lose a few pounds.

Attached: 20180406_134446.jpg (804x1300, 465K)

the fucking drink i have tastes absolutely disgusting but this wouldn't be a problem if i could physically down it. is there any way to make my fasting drink less disgusting without any calories i understand that i should take it like a man but my stomach physically cant so help pls

Attached: 1514683434982.png (403x403, 112K)

I have a cousin's wedding to go to in about 1.5 months, not that the wedding is really influencing me to fast but I thought it'd be a fun game to fast in that month. So at 1 month before the wedding I'm going to try fasting. Starting at 1 day, eat then 2 days, and I'll keep increasing the fast days until the wedding. Or what kind of fasting schedule in 1 month would be a good idea? I've never fasted before so looking for ideas

Snake juice?

Fasting is almost always good, but do make sure that you don’t break the fast at the table at the wedding. You don’t want to ruin the bride’s big day by shitting yourself in the middle of the party.

I can move the time tables up and start/end 1 week early

Autophagy is the only reason I'm doing this, I'm already quite lean. There are more like me here I'm sure.

I think that would be wise. You don’t even need a full week to taper off, just a day or two, depending on how long and uninterrupted your fast becomes.

When you fast, your body goes into an anabolic state meaning you don't burn muscle.

Cool thanks guys

Im fasting until im down to 140 (176 currently) but might stick with this for dat sweet hgh boost

Last question, I'm eating about 1500 a day right now, should I start lowering my calories in preparation for fasting or just go from 1500 to 0 and fast.

How do I into broth? Make it myself or store bought?

From my calculations, after 5 days of OMAD I should be down almost 2 kgs yet the weight won't move. What's going on?

Rapid weight loss can lead to water retention in the depleted fat cells. You'll piss it out when it's finally expunged. I believe you can force it through dry fasting but I don't have much experience with dry fasts.

Anyone tried taking low-dose (81mg) aspirin while fasting? It's an autophagy booster because it metabolizes into salicylate but I don't want to risk getting nauseous 41 hours in)

No you don’t need to do that, but it does make it easier if you have quit carbs a few days before the fast begins.

And by “that” I mean lowering your calories gradually.

Alright. Thanks.

clearly you must eat him to gain his strength

ok, I read a bit about it now and supposedly the release of water stored in fat cells happens after "refeeding"
since I'm doing OMAD, am I not refeeding every day?

Simple: don't even bother with snake juice unless you're going for more than 4 or 5 days. That's around the time you'll start to feel a little light headed if you get up too quickly or exert yourself too much. Even then, you don't really need to guzzle it down--a few occasional gulps of some light (read: not the super concentrated shit in the OP) snake juice will do the trick.

Drink water, and tea and coffee if you'd like (nonsweetened, of course). Refeed once a week, and load up on your electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals then. Basically the GOAT routine, imo. I don't really see the point to doing extremely long term fasts, having to drink sweat every single day, and making your stomach so sensitive that you have to sip on chicken piss or else your stomach and asshole will explode.

>I read a bit about it now and supposedly the release of water stored in fat cells happens after "refeeding"
I'm not so sure about that, bruv. I do OMAW, and whenever I refeed, I instantly gain about 7 pounds, which I slowly lose over the course of the next week of fasting.

I dunno, maybe by "refeeding", the sources meant when you return to eating regularly?

I went through forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=14&page=8

Not sure what they meant by "refeeding" here. I think I'll just do my stuff and wait for the results I guess. I drink a lot of water while at the gym, at least 2L, maybe that's the reason for my bloat.

At times when I only do OMAD and not longer fasts, I definitely get the firehose on after a couple of days visiting my parents where I slack off a bit and some more than I do at home by myself, so for it takes more than regular OMAD to refeed in that sense.

the first time coming off carbs was so fucking ridiculous pissing for me
waking up at 4-5am just pissing entire litres worth of water out, strong as fuck stream for like a solid 3 minutes. Felt like Austin Powers.
Every now and then if I eat too many carbs it happens again, it's a nice way to know if I'm fucking off

Yes the first couple of bathroom visits feel kind of nice and refreshing, but when you’ve pissed clear liquid twice an hour for most of a day, it really starts getting ridiculous.

What are the symptoms of TOO MUCH potassium and/or salt? are you here innawoods

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
discord.gg/WfgghsW(edited)
YOU'VE BEEN INVITED TO JOIN A SERVER

Jow Forumsness & Health
245 Online
959 Members

This may sound weird but is anyone else smelling citrus? I'm almost 48 hours in and keep smelling this citrus odor, not sure if it's in my mouth or coming from my body or what

>out with friends
>don't get any food, tell them I ate before coming
>friend buys me a wrap anyway and throws it at me
>everyone else eating
>end up eating it and breaking my fast on day 3, wanted to go a week
>didn't reset my fasting timer
I'm a bad boy.

Attached: 1523299684253.png (159x145, 38K)

Fellas I'm going for intermittent fasting 8:16 how long until I see results.

If you don't change the things you're eating, you probably won't see any change with 8:16.

8:16 is basically skipping breakfast, no real change if you keep eating the same stuff

I don't think I could sustain doing 4:20 as I'm busy most days and don't have a 4 hour window. Should I just do a few 24 hour fasts?

I've been doing keto for 2 months and lost 3-4kg. Should I just fast? Will I get those terrible headaches again even though I've been on keto?

Currently at 12 precent body fat, is 20:4 a good idea? I'm 6'3 and Weight 209 lbs, also is black coffee allowed while fasting?

Did a 72 and felt alright. Refed on a keto meal and am nearing 48 hours, but feel like fucking shit.
Why?

Yes break the fast. Whatever the speech is for is more important im sure. Stay sharp user

I'm at 48 hours, was planning doing exactly what you did. Hmmm...

if lifting while fasting should you still try to increase weights?

At what point do you get to where something like that would happen? Or is that just hyperbole?

excellent way to get an ulcer. No asprin with an empty stomach, especially in a fasted system!

I feel like i'm losing strength too. Anybody else feel like this?

>8:16

Attached: 1512695627482.jpg (258x245, 23K)

>How do I into broth? Make it myself or store bought?

Do you have a few farm animals that you've mechanically extracted the meat from and have their bones around to boil?

If not then its probably easier to go to the store...

It depends on the individual. I have been keto for about 11 months--tried fasting, would always stop around 60 hours max. Would feel like shit. Discovered snake juice, went 168 hours next fast--was easy. MY issue was electrolytes.

over concentration of salts on the intake can give you the shits; your gut fails to absorb it and when in your intestines the salts suck water out of you due to osmotic pressures, resulting in saltwater diarrhea. If your concentration is right, having too much just leads to holding extra water weight briefly before you piss it out.

Yup. Basically that was me last week. Every fucking half hour.

Brain tumor. Definitely.

Yeah, 24 hours will work well.

What if I get the shits and STILL have headaches and heart palpitations though?

Will taking a multivitamin, melatonin, vitamin d3, or magnesium break fast?

I bought pure KCL off ebay. That way I can regulate sodium and potassium separately. Snakeman is worth looking at, but he's scientifically wrong often, so be careful. He's right that fasting is awesome, but you don't have to stick to his plan. Remember, his medical advice is all homeopathic bullshit, so just glean what you can from him. Sodium, potassium, and water really does work for me, but I don't remotely follow his proportions.

It can happen, it has happened to others here during re-feeding (although not at a wedding to my knowledge), so not hyperbole.

Well, when you're in ketosis, your breath starts to smell like acetone, and you get a pretty dreadful taste in your mouth. Never heard of citrus though.

>excellent way to get an ulcer.

FFS! How many times do you people need to be told. You cannot get an ulcer unless you have an outbreak of helicobacter pylori.

The guy who proved this won the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

Show some fucking respect!

My day of intermittent fasting...turned into a 24hour fast...that turned into a 30hour fast...that turned into a 48hour fast....that turned into a 72 hour fast..LOL.

So I'm going on 4 days fasting now just because the results are so dramatic and I feel fine 99% of the time. Got some minor symptoms of low sodium and low potassium at different times, but I just uppsed my dose and boom all fixed and feeling 100% again.

Didn't know fasting was so easy.

You'll look good if you cut, dude. Fast for the next 20-30 days to make yourself into a god.

Day 3 done lads
I almost broke
Im sore on quads glutes and little bit on chest.
Did i overdo training? Ive been training everyday desu, altough much easier than usual. Guess the recovery has been halted pretty much.

If i had food today i would break the fast this evening desu.
Maybe ill do refeed on weekend, friday evening ease into it with very small, then saturday small low carb meal and then sunday load on food again and repeat.

I think time passes slower when you fast, i need more activities to do outside of gym and work

>"not eating for a month straight will make you lose weight user!"

you fucking retards you're literally killing your body by not eating

Attached: Ctrl+W.png (814x639, 199K)

.t fatty upset with people making progress

palpitations can be an issue of the ratio between salts, not just having too little. what are your quantities? how much water overall, not just with the snake?

Having same issue with time, I've been binge watching movies and tv, playing vidya, reading, walking, there's just so much time in a day she fasting (and NEET)

have fun stunting your growth and permanently fucking up your digestive system fatty

if you're going heavy, then you are damaging your muscles (as typical of serious workouts, intended to trigger growth), but have no protein to repair them. Fast exercise should be limited to light stuff.

>weeb
>mad
Hows your 600 lb life going?

does this apply to OMAD as well?

>knows hes damaging his body and gets called out on it
>"w-weeb! fatty!"
>yfw

Attached: you.png (593x635, 281K)

I see a lot of people recommending things like NoSalt for potassium in these kinds of threads.

I don't really like the idea of drinking salt for sodium then NoSalt for potassium tho.

Is something like NoSalt in anyway better than a regular potassium supplement?

How would that damage your digestive track

You must live a fulfilling life if you like trolling people making progress. Lemme know when you can finally get off the mattress fat boy. Jealousy sucks :)

>stunting growth
Im done growing. Not a fat underageb& like you.
>damaging body
Yeah sure just ignore all those medical research papers.
Have fun being fat and friendless weeb boy.

Nah you are recovering during sleep from that with help of food

Cant wait to stunt my potential height growths when im 25yo 6'2 male

Yeah, because early humans had 3 square meals a day, and withered to dust after going an extended period without food, right? It's not like bodyfat is there to act as stored energy in case of such a scenario or anything, we just have it so that we can jiggle it to scare off predators.

>stunting your growth
No shit, we're trying to lose a fuckton of weight. This shit is about shrinking. I don't think anyone who's doing a month long fast is doing much strength training. Unless you believe everyone here is underaged like yourself this doesn't make any fucking sense.
>permanently fucking up your digestive system
All that happens is gut flora gets culled. Otherwise I'm going to need some studies about the harm losing a fuckton of visceral fat has on your digestive system.

Attached: 1513318110216.png (392x366, 122K)

>Yeah sure just ignore all those medical research papers.
how about you share these "research" papers with us bud? im sure they're legitimate

also
>being over 25 and still on Jow Forums
lmao

literally in the op
good luck

progress pics edition

226 was my highest I think. Started cut mid february. Started doing this fasting thing like 8-9 days ago I can't remember. 23h fasting, basically doing OMAD and just did a 48h water fast this weekend. Lift's haven't gone down. I love this fasting thing. Big thanks to that fucker on discord who basically bullied me into doing it.

Hey fit, skelly here
Been working out the last 3 months after hitting the nutritionist, and by her suggestion I'm taking proteing powder right after I hit the gym (going first thing in the morning)

I'm planning on starting fasting to lose some body fat (sitting at 16%), but I'm afraid I'll lose the gains I got these months, Should I keep drinking the protein after the workout?

>expecting me to read that convoluted word salad you call "research"

try again bud

Attached: 1510714181067.gif (400x267, 1M)

oops
i'm 198 now btw

Attached: progresspicsedition.jpg (1500x891, 333K)

Shouldn't you be in school right now?

Thats how you know your nutritionist has no fucking clue, and follows 30year old research or some shit.

Protein timing doesnt matter, as long you get in before sleep, when recovery actually happens.

What might matter is simple carbs intake right after or during heavy volume workouts to speed up recovery, and its still in not researched, but some big people are behind this idea, namely stan efferding.

You can train fasted hard as fuck just fine, just dont get dehydrated after waking up. Get some nice meals later on when youe achedule allows