/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General.
Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or repressed teenage angst.

>WAWLTT
youtu.be/tgB_JwcuPg0

& WWLT

Attached: angrey.jpg (374x374, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bhcb0PDhEE7/
youtube.com/watch?v=3rJxOCTvAf8
aafp.org/afp/2011/0101/p39.html
youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
youtube.com/watch?v=a3sam88vqCU
youtube.com/watch?v=LIQ5AMGvoCk
youtube.com/watch?v=SJeCmf9rD2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember if you want to lift more weight, just make your muscles stronger!

Im sorry, i rescind my prior advice

Dont worry about your muscles, they dont lift the weight i was wrong

>Remember if you want to lift more weight, just make your muscles stronger!
It's amazing how many forever intermediates don't understand how valuable this advice is.

They all end up with shitty bench presses and passive aggressive inferiority complexes.

for a natty its impossible

Reminder to quit being a neurotic sperg. Your brain is cucking your progress.

Attached: 12-word-cloud-high-low-neuroticism-w529-h352-2x.jpg (900x598, 213K)

4 days outttttt yeahhhh

You should take your own advice

Reposting Have gotten a quite painful spot at the front of my left ankle. The ankle pops once or so with dorsiflexion, after which it'll hurt rather bad. Distraction didn't help as far as I could tell last time I tried it.
It's on the ankle with least ROM of the two.

Any ideas? Weak calves?

Have any experience with it?

Attached: squpants.png (229x322, 211K)

BUT THATS NOT """FUNCTIONAL""" STRENGTH™

Attached: BE2E41FE-E437-4853-8D5B-43BE273FA16E.jpg (750x953, 195K)

Not having fun in the gym is killing your gains

instagram.com/p/Bhcb0PDhEE7/

youtube.com/watch?v=3rJxOCTvAf8
aafp.org/afp/2011/0101/p39.html

my cousin had this not sure if you do see if the symptoms match

More bench is good, accessories and bodybuilding are also good. It's hardly a rule but something that tends to work well for me is heavier sets of bench (like 2-5 reps), moderate loads for stuff like Spoto or close grip, and something like DBBP for a pump.

My training today was:
Deadlifts 6x3
Bench 3x3
Bench 1x8, 1x6
Close grip 2x10
T-bar rows 5x

Next sesh is:
Squats 6x5
Bench probably 5-6x2
DBBP 5x
Leg press 5x

Try the DB work for time, like 1-2 minute sets

cringed hard

you listed 50+ reps of bench and just 5 sets of back work

you need to do more

Laughed hard hahaha

Thank you men, I'll have a look.

I'll do more next deadlift day. I forgot to mention I do band pullaparts/facepulls between my SQ/DL sets and have a home pullup bar as well. Either way, I get more for my bench by pushing shit and my back development is honestly just fine.

Like straight for 90s or rest paused or something?

there is no reason to limit rest times, especially for compound movements.

unless your roided up gym buddies say otherwise of course, as they are the final authority.

>instagram.com/p/Bhcb0PDhEE7/
Taking a page from Owen Hubbard's setup I see.

>have a home pullup bar as well.
literally everyone does and nobody does pullups at home

you know why

because the brain associates home as 'rest', once you go to the gym the mental state changes and youre ready to work.

its all simple neurology

Attached: images[1].jpg (240x180, 11K)

I hate how Owen Hubbard lifts so much. Every single rep he does for squats and deadlifts looks like absolute shit and I have no idea what that stupid roar he does out of the hole is about

I think he stopped the yelling

Of course they don't, the suit does it for them!

ok, as far as heavier sets, I do the jokers sets so that should take care of that.
I could do pause benches, dont know about close grip cos my definite sticking point is chest, triceps are strong(er), might do feet up/larsen press or chest dips. and then maybe some bb DB work

so, something like this
bench 531 sets + joker sets + BBB sets + pause/variation/dips + (if that is not enough) incline DB
lat work: rows 5x10, pulldowns 5x10, some other rowing depending
that sounds interesting, I'll give it a try.

Speak for yourself, I have good habits and 6-7/7 mornings start with bw exercise or cardio.

Would it be massively detrimental to add 3 sets of 10 at 50% 1RM of the other press to the end of my starting strength workout, like big but boring? I've added curls and tricep pushdowns for about the past 2 months of it.

What if your roided up gym buddies tell you to improve your reading comprehension?

Try it and see how your recovery is. More is better provided you can recover.

I cant see that it would be any problem

2-3 count paused reps are great. I've only fucked around with feet up. I would maybe sub the five BBB sets for paused work or whatever accessory you like and then hammer the pump work for four or five sets. Lats, just do sets till you don't want to then a few sets of curls, wouldn't worry as much about exact rep counts for anything except the main lift and whatever accessory you choose.

Also if you're only benching once a week up your frequency.

for Gbro id say that would be good advice

Well plg?

Attached: 30582064_426060904482825_8523303341248217088_n.jpg (934x960, 61K)

Thanks. My chest and shoulders have responded really well to the minimal starting strength volume anyway, but I think pressing 3x a week will help me. So I may as well go for hypertrophy for my non-main bench because I wouldn't be pushing it.

Will arm work have much effect, or should I program it? I just do 3 sets to failure of curls and tricep pushdowns until I hit like 20 reps then increase the weight.

Also, what are some realistic weights to reduce my squatting volume and have the light squat day in the middle of the week? Currently squatting 110kg but going to deload to tighten up my form, I'm burying it too deep and think I'm almost good morning'ing the weight at some points.

Just want to hit that precious 3pl8 squat.

Attached: squatdepth.gif (320x568, 1.65M)

Who's the new cutie filming

Stop bullying a little kid

Just keep going until the time is up

I didnt say anything about rest times...

Youre a good example of what can be good about GBPF lifters, open to learn and grow regardless of where info comes from

>Youre a good example of what can be good about GBPF lifters
you say that like GBPF lifters are a bunch of dummies

If thats you in the gif I wouldn't say you're good morning-ing it. Looks fine to me, very deep.

Arm work is another one, it's not fatiguing, just do it.

Not what i meant at all

A lot of IPF fanboys in plg will completely disregard anything from anyone outside of the IPF

IRL they seem to be a bit more sensible

Is there a very brief tutorial availabe on the low bar squats, like the 5-step deadlift by rippetoe?

At your stage more is more. A light day for Wed is probably not a bad idea but don't think of it as reducing the volume, do a backoff set or two on your M/F squat sessions after your first stall or two. As for adding upper volume it would be very difficult to overdo it at this stage in your training. Do a lot of work, drink the milk, though maybe not a whole gallon, love life have sex.

Rest the bar on your rear delts instead of your traps and squat?

Unfortunately squats are fucking hard. Watch this, maybe twice. Yes the whole thing, yes front to back, and stop it from time to time to practice the cues with a broom on your back or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

ty guys, very appreciated. mind checking my ohp aswell?

youtube.com/watch?v=a3sam88vqCU

The ques i use are the following:
Squeeze the abbs + glutes
Thrust the air (not bending the knees)
Body around the bar
Shrug at the top to avoid shoulder impingement

Comments: My lower back and wrists hurt. I don't really know how to place my hands on the bar(using overhand grip btw, not very flexible).

I've seen people look down, up and ahead while Rip says to look down. I've seen people that are very upright with the bar resting on the rear delts. Kinda confusing.

>I would maybe sub the five BBB sets for paused work or whatever accessory you like
>Also if you're only benching once a week up your frequency.
I dont wanna stop doing the program yet, I wanna add onto it. BBB sets have helped a lot so far.
as far as frequency goes, I wont add another bench day, but maybe I'll add some incline bench after BBB sets on ohp day.
I'll add a variation/dip for 4-5 sets of 5-8 and then some arm work, that is just for aesthetics and wont impact recovery, will keep off the dumbbell work for now, since I dont wanna add too much too quick.
back-wise you're right, it can take a lot of work so I'll just go until I am out of time or am completely shut
thanks

Its whatever feels strongest and most stable for you, theres no one size fits all

You're leaning back quite a bit. Push everything you've got into standing straight even though you will have some lean-back getting the bar past your face. Speaking of, keep it closer to your face, like nearly grazing your chin and nose. Push with your quads as well as your glutes and dig your feet into the floor.

Going to some gig in 2 weeks. What's my best bet
>starve myself to get as lean as possible
>train arms 5x a week and keep being a fat shit

>noticeably bigger or leaner in 2 weeks
For a natty its impossible

>WAWLiftingTomorrow

Deadlift (beltless)
5@370
5@420
5@470

5x5@370

Pistol Squats, Ab Rollouts, Pullups, Pushups

A lot of them are. They'll disregard injury advice stuff from Donnie or Duffin just because they're not IPF approved, then jump on it as soon as an IPF lifter advocates the same thing. Literally happened with the Super D protocol when Ray Williams started hanging upside down.

Maybe I should get fatter

>can do 1/2/3 for 5
>can't even do 4 for 1 most of the time
I hate 4 so much

how tall, leverages?

not very tell and not very good

Yeah it's me. Is the depth a concern? I've a video I took at my last workout where I dropped the weight for a form check single. Since starting drinking again my lifts have suffered so I'm going off it again. The crunching was particularly brutal, is it an issue? I do feel my lower back after squatting, but when I did this squat I braced my abs out really hard and felt so solid but it was hard to squat properly because I was thinking so hard about bracing, like my legs just didn't get it, if that makes sense?
Okay, thanks.

Yeah, going to reset and hit it properly until I stall a few times. Had a few issues with alcohol/lack of sleep resulting in trashy workouts so I'm going to get serious.
Thanks again.
Hate milk with a passion, I'm eating a McDonalds + steak on top of my normal meals a day and am adding weight slowly. I do about 20,000 steps a day so find it hard to actually add weight, even though I'm 80kg.

More squat form:
youtube.com/watch?v=LIQ5AMGvoCk
youtube.com/watch?v=SJeCmf9rD2w

When should you start wearing a belt for diddlys, should u even?

Athleanx says u shouldnt and he pulls 500, but hes pro at knowing the body, what yall think?

5 steps, huh? I like it. Thanks user, I'll try it tomorrow.

I put one on as soon as I feel like because I don't care its just lifting weights.

When you're working above 85 or 90%. Unless it interferes with your starting position. If you can't get your wind, the belt doesn't do you much good.

kk so u drop it when ur old 100% becomes ur 85 or 90%.?

Spotted the GDE with a 400 lbs bench, squat, and deadlift.

Your bench press is only 50% of your squat. Which is either impressive, or embarrassing, and I'm not sure which

I wouldn't be surprised if you jerked more than your max bench press because of the powers of your giant ass

Literally every work set. And the last warm up set. And probably every warm up set before that.

Just wear the belt every waking moment. And then wear it when you sleep. It only helps.

yall do back extensions/ hypers same sessions u deadlift in?

STOP
DOING

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1080, 313K)

>kk so u drop it when ur old 100% becomes ur 85 or 90%.?
I don't know exactly what you're asking here. Me personally, I just don't use my belt anymore. Just personal preference.

>Which is either impressive, or embarrassing,

Why not both?

ok i understand u dont use.

but the question was for example:

if u pull max is 100 kg, and u start using belt at 80-90 kg.

and in the future, ur max is 120 kg and u start using the belt at 96 kg?

85% of your max is always just 85% of your max. Buy that number is arbitrary. Find what works for you. Wear it on your head if thats what helps you try hard.

>only FS’d 44 for 9 instead of 10 cause I felt too cardiovascularly winded

>B(

LOL not 44, 144

We GDE now

how do we fix the junior "burnout" problem

Attached: sdfkkhdjjkjbk.jpg (900x900, 103K)

>how do we fix the junior "burnout" problem
Quit during training programs designed for world class tier lifters when you're still a junior or sub junior

Why are incels so attracted to powerlifting?

Because it’s the only sport where being fat and short is a bonus

Sometimes yeah. I do them at least once a week usually on my easier squat day but I also do them whenever the FUCK. I feel like.

you don’t need any talent it’s all just repetition

junior burnout "problem" desu

this might be useful for injuries but I'm thinking the negative psychological effect with young people and lack of instant gratification through progression is whats responsible for most of it

or maybe its the idea that powerlifting can be something other than just a hobby for anybody but the top 1%

heh I like the way you think user

This applies to me. I don't even know why I burnt out.

>This applies to me. I don't even know why I burnt out.
When you are young, life is too easy. You don't value lifting as an enjoyable diversion from real life unless you're putting 50 lbs on the bar per month.

Thinking of naming my daughter sean, senpai. Just such a good name

>Thinking of naming my daughter sean
Why, do you plan on abandoning her to be raised by a single mother?

Holy shit. I was planning on larping as you for one post to say you named your son Sean.

I guess art imitates life

Best type of push up to throw in at the end of a workout for bench assistance?
Thinking close grip push ups to hit the triceps (bench failing at lockout Ofc)

Is it really lockout or is it midrange? Just do normal pushups with a 25 on your back.

uh oh libido where have you gone

Attached: Uh oh.jpg (226x249, 7K)

Reminder to recover better, eat well and train in a goal oriented manner

I do not do this and my desire to change is lower than my laziness.

>Reminder to recover better, eat well and train in a goal oriented manner
Reminder that lifting is a hobby, and you should find a work-life balance so you can forge meaningful relationships.

Any go-to powerlifting starters guide or wiki?

I'd try to do the longest ROM that still resembles a flat bench. Probably try to have feet elevated on a block or low bench, hand position slightly wider than shoulders, added weight if it's not too much of a chore.

just go to the gym and tell everyone you're a powerlifter.

Its what I did

My clothes are drying and I am watching television.

you in this thread i was talking to you yesterday about 531

eye wont two dye

You already did, drunky