Can lifting make you smarterhelp with IQ? I would like to believe lifting will help me stop from being a brainlet

Can lifting make you smarter\help with IQ? I would like to believe lifting will help me stop from being a brainlet

Attached: IMG_2383.jpg (640x913, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/the-prescription-of-strength-training-for-treating-depression-and-optimizing-cognitive-performance
scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=exercise and brain function&btnG=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Person A still gets to keep the brain, so "person" A survives

Attached: Frank_Underwood_Cringe.gif (325x252, 891K)

Person A's personality survives. Person B's body survives. Quality of life is probably shot. Because the brain has to suddenly adapt to a new body, also we might finally have an answer to the idea of if everyone sees color the same.

The endorphins released from regular exercise will help keep the brain healthy and may improve cognitive function to a degree but you won't hoping from one side of the bell curve to another. So if sitting at a sub 110 IQ you won't jump to 115+ because you start lifting.

It'll help teach you discipline if you take it seriously enough and discipline will help you succeed in life.

Also much like exercising a part of the body, you will see the best results from doing lifts that target the area you want to improve in.

If you think having more knowledge makes you more intelligent then you're a brainlet but that being said, go read academic papers and books to obtain more knowledge. If you think your vocabulary could use some work then start reading classic literature, want to be better with problem solving then study mathematics or logic.

You won't be able to improve these things by lifting but by targeting the area you beleive you're lacking in.

This question's answer depends on an understanding of consciousness that we've not even come close to. The only correct answer is "we don't know."

Imma say "technically both".

That's not entirely true. Scientists are pretty certain that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It's what happens in the brain to give us such consciousness that they don't understand.

Being fat makes you stupider, because your body has to work that much harder just to stay alive. So that reduces the available energy for higher cognitive thought.

So, I guess, the answer is "yes, but only up to a certain point." The opposite is probably also possible, if you train TOO much.

hell no. you wont magically score a higher IQ after getting strong.

>pulled straight of my ass

The Post

Person A survived. Brain holds all memories and makes reactions to different stimuli. The body of Person B is the only thing that survived.

my god, this is proof that getting fit does not make you any smarter

Attached: 1444230198247.gif (292x323, 485K)

startingstrength.com/article/the-prescription-of-strength-training-for-treating-depression-and-optimizing-cognitive-performance

Yes

scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=exercise and brain function&btnG=

its not so much that lifting makes you more intelligent its more so that intelligent people make the decision to lift

Attached: 1521762965271.png (444x482, 127K)

>startingstrength.com

Into the trash it goes.

>I disagree with the website so I refuse to read the sources

Fucking retard.

>Into
>The
>Trash
>It
>Goes

No one survives you fucks, you cant do a fucking brain transplant.

Hypothetically speaking, lets say it was possible. There you go you dumb fuck, now you can answer the question.

Person A you retard

Become slim and read often

>Being fat makes you stupider

Attached: starship troopers retard wojak.png (1280x720, 181K)

>a philosophical question
>too much of a literal brainlet to posit theories based on hypothetical situations

I want under 100 iq's to pls leave

nobody would survive, a new entity would be created that would be highly similar mentally to person A and exactly the same physically as person B

Hypothetically im playing by ghost in the shell rules then and i get a cyborg body faggot.
Hypotheticals are stupid. Keep pretending youre smart though redditor.

LOL, Jow Forums is now officially defending fat people.

>stupider

Attached: spurdo kek.png (600x497, 128K)

Lifting won't. Cardio might. It's one of the few things that activates neurogenesis.

Attached: 1523477614475s.jpg (180x246, 7K)

Shh shh. Quiet now. Remember how we talked about inside voices? The adults are discussing philosophy now. Back to your room now

Its cringe as fuck if you think this is philosophical. Its cut and dry that if the tech existed then person A would still be alive.

Room! NOW

start with the greeks nigga