CPA or CFA? Pt.2

>CPA or CFA? Pt.2

Attached: 1523211785489.jpg (640x811, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/bgf3n5qh
clyp.it/1wkns5av
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actuary and make real money where you can retire in 20 years

take a good look at that feces releaser

I'm in accounting, havent taken the cpa, big 4 was shit and didn't seem worth it to me, everyone I work with who is a cpa is an example of a person i dont want to become, currently work in project accounting for a large company, lots of autonomy, not a bad gig, quitting in a to travel

By shit I mean the hours were too much and i couldnt do it

Could you elaborate on your decision to not become a CPA? And what does you day consist of?

I just graduated with a degree in accounting(stupidly didn't get any internships) And I still don't understand what accountants do on the daily

Im a CPA and a 5.5" dicklet. Could I even be able to fuck a braphog like this? The thought of coming up short makes me want to stick with twinks and twigs.

I work for a well known firm that staffs strictly accounting and finance professionals in a higher level capacity. CPA on the whole is important as a "formality" for a lot of higher roles like CFO, Controllers, or Directors of Finance. These tend to be your $115k+ jobs, but I've found that only about 40-50% of the roles will require it, and you'd be surprised how many companies could care less. An MBA often serves as an equal qualifier in the eyes of the hiring partners. Can't hurt to have, is a good indicator of someone's general work ethic, but maintaining it can be a chore, and people tend to let it get to their head when often times they are no more qualified than other candidates.

Nicr bait

clyp.it/bgf3n5qh

Fucking Delicious

Attached: 1523245856744.jpg (600x445, 55K)

see'

2 months from finishing my masters in accounting, starting big 4 audit in october. have little/no interest in becoming a CPA. what a dumb fucking exam. plan on doing the BARE MINIMUM to get promoted to senior and then leaving ASAP for a 40 hour/week autopilot senior accountant job in industry with no ambition of ever being promoted to anything more than a low-level accounting manager.

Doesn't sound like this career will make YOU happy. Why not pursue something that you enjoy?

You sound like every other accountant who quit before 2 years

CPA is easier, more job security, more mind numbing work, less pay, CFA is much harder, requires social skills or connections to get into the industry, but more interesting and more pay. If you believe in yourself .. CFA.

That user sounds comfy as fuck to me. Will have plenty of time and money to pursue his real interests outside of accounting. Not everyone wants to work 100 hour weeks just to please mr schlomo

> faggot business students who are too stupid to do anything else
Mother fucking glorious Engineering master race reporting in here

Attached: smart_wojak.png (898x790, 279K)

Wish I’d gone that route. I thought I sucked at math then I got an A in my business calc and statistics class. Not that that means I’m great at math but I realize I probably could have managed in something harder.

When did I say anything about pleasing Mr. Schlomo? lrn2read two keywords I used "happy and enjoy" he doesn't sound like he cares much for accounting and is instead chasing money and security. I'm just saying life is short, why not spend 40 hours/week enjoying what you do?

I'm doing my bachelor's in civil engineering.
I don't want to be a technician my whole life, I'd rather work, gamble and play with real money instead.

Engineering is for people who like cock a lot. Too bad I started on this

Attached: 1523319237090.jpg (902x1032, 139K)

Hardly anyone “enjoys” what they do. Tolerating it is enough. 40hrs a week ain’t shit if it’s letting you live the life you want outside of work. I’d take that over a garbage paying career than I “love”. Work is not life.

realistically i'm quitting once i find a $70-75k/yr industry job. honestly i'm a hard worker. i've had a number of shitty labor jobs and i've always one then WELL. what i don't like, however, is being forced to work long hours. i'll work hard but i won't work fucking 60 hours a week.

find me a way to make $75k/yr shitposting, doing drugs, and riding motorcycles. otherwise fuck off with that shitboomer advice.

Attached: 1523489650215.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

Neither. Here to remind everyone that the only good career is buyside finance...

Accounting is quite literally the worst and you don’t need a CFA for private equity or venture capital

Then why not get your CPA and start your own practice?

why the fuck would i want to do that? first of all "starting a firm" means tax work, and i detest tax. second of all, starting a firm is a shitload of work and a shitload of risk. i want to do the bare minimum.

brapapapow

Attached: 1522703843468.webm (1020x550, 633K)

My cousin finished his degree in accounting from DePaul Uni. Said the hours are min 65+, worse during tax season. He makes 75K yearly. Says it is corporate hell as their are too many college graduates in mainstream majors. He only makes $23 hourly.I am working class Ophthalmologist assistant and make $20 per hour only went to school for 11 months for $5k. My job is kinda EZ and straightforward.

He took on 60k in debt (which there are good political motivations for the debt.)

Regretted my decision of taking finance as an undergrad. Working 50+ hours a week wagecucking now at the bare entry level.
Meanwhile my comp sci buddy made their own little investment group, developed their own trading bots and making healthy profits in their sleep.
Traditional traders will be the death of these new age programming kids

don't need it for IB/PE/VC but having 1-2 levels complete really helps breaking in due to the competitive nature of the industry

at least for me it did, bulge PE analyst from a non target

t. Barista

BRAP

Attached: 1522649984244.jpg (600x350, 37K)

>Said the hours are min 65+, worse during tax season. He makes 75K yearly.
im a consultant on the east coast fresh out of college and make 75k doing 35-42 hour weeks. your cousin got a shit deal

dog walker, thank you very much

CPA and CFA here. Did two years in audit at a Big4 before I moved to a front office role at a BB. Went to Wharton and now I work in PE. CPA gets you a comfy middle ass life, but it's a lot of work for not that much money. CFA is MUCH harder, but opens higher paying doors. Of I could do it again, I'd avoid accounting and go straight into finance.

You got a good finance job because you went to wharton. It's literally a top 5 business school

Are you me?

Went to Wharton for my MBA. Went to a mid tier state school for undergrad / accounting masters so I could sit for the CPA exam. Graduated in spring 2009 and all of the banks halted recruiting so I was really fortunate to have a job offer at all, even if it was as an auditor.

M7 MBA has pretty much become a requirement for middle market and up PE funds. Felt super lucky to get into a school like Wharton and I can literally say it made my entire current career possible.

I agree with this, the ease of getting valuable experience in order to transition to front office way harder for non targets

Accounting is a soul sucking vocation, I do not recommend anyone to do it. I have a CMA, which I went for because they were offering the designation through this fast track shit at school. Then it got turned into a CA, which then got turned into a CPA.
So I have three designations, which one of them doesn't even exist anymore. I've worked in the Big 4, worked as a controller both in private and public sectors. And I can fucking tell you, it killed me. My fucking soul died doing accounting. It's just this stupid fucking puzzle where you put the numbers in the right place, analyze the numbers to come up with some stupid fucking forecast, budget allocations, and ignoring the fact that the petty cash is always getting bigger because you know your employees hate this shit as much as you do.

You know why I went for it?
Because the job market just keeps growing and the money is good. I didn't know a fucking thing about accounting other than that.

After doing this shit for a fucking decade I quit.

Honestly, it is a good skill to have for your personal finances but it should not be a job or a career.

Based brap bro

CPA and CFA are ultimate brainlet options. Put on your big boy pants and take your actuarial exams. I just turned 23, only graduated last spring and only have 3 exams done and last Sept I got an entry level job at an insurance firm making 80K for only 35 hrs work a week. Pretty stress free work too.

At least accounting degrees qualify you to sit for the actuarial exam

You can sit for the exam with any degree. I studied math and passed all the finance based shit. It was easy as fuck compared to math lmao

Also, before anyone asks, I live in Canada and at the time CMA was dying so the CA association decided to merge, which then turned into CPA almost instantly.

It's pretty standard here in Chicago-metro area.

Really? I've always heard you either needed an actuary, stats, or accounting degree

Only if you're coming in from the business side of things. Math majors are generally allowed to do most business designation exams because they're usually better at it.

is that a fart

Yea. Like were gonna believe you went to Wharton mba. Enjoying ur 100k debt?

Ha. I wish it was only $100k. I graduated with just over $190k in student loans. MBA programs are cash cows for their universities and I didn't get any aid since I'm a white male from a financial background. All in cost was ~$250k for the two years since I did a lot of traveling while back in school.

Going to pay the last bit of them off this year though so it's all good. It was worth it since I couldn't have my career without that kind of brand on the resume.

was it difficult to get accepted? like you have stellar grades/gmat/exp ext ??

actuarial sciences make accounting look exciting.

t. brainlet with a bachelors in applied math and a masters in accounting

>Hate working
>Only good at accounting

Attached: 146063694133.png (633x758, 29K)

Work experience is listed above. GPA was 3.6 at a mid-tier state school, so I knew I needed a good GMAT to have a chance at M7. Crammed for a couple of months doing practice problems and exams nonstop and got a 770 on exam day. I also had a very specific set of career goals that I could talk about in my essays.

Applied to HBS, Wharton, and Booth and got into the latter two. Picked Wharton after going to both welcome weekends and would make the same decision again today.

how much money do you make? and what do you do on a daily basis, examine potential investments?

see do you see people getting into PE with just a CPA?

Woah holy shit you’re a Wharton grad OmG thank you for your service can I suck your dick

gotcha, i have a similar profile, recent non target grad with cfa lv 1 done. job hunt for front office is a joke out of school so just looking for finance related exp before hitting the gmat

Only people in PE with just a CPA and no BB banking experience work in back office roles. 100% of fund accountants are former Big4 people. Every single person I know in a front office role spent at least two years in banking.

My hours are highly dependent on deal flow, but it probably averages around 65 a week, but that ranges from weeks where I'm bored out of my mind by 2pm each day and weeks where I don't leave before midnight every day. Really variable.

I do sourcing, new deal analysis, and portfolio management in about equal quantities over a given year, but that also varies depending on deal flow and how active the market is.

>working for other people

Do whatever you can to work in banking if you ever want to work in PE. This is an annoyingly prestige obsessed industry and A LOT of people will look down on you for not having a HYPS undergrad. It's annoying and feels like an eternal uphill battle. Really stupid, I know, but that's just the way it is.

Yeah that's the plan, had a few intervies with mid market firms and was pretty much laughed at or made fun of during lol.

and i can imagine. I'm in Canada and it's similar with toronto/queens/Ivey being the gold standard for IB/PE

There's no requirement to be an associate of fellow of any actuarial society other than having a bachelor's in anything. You don't need any degree to sit for the exams either

>I am a 60k wagecuck cog for a defense contractor
>LOOK AT ME I'M THE SHIT

Attached: 1403528429520.png (816x1344, 102K)

Attached: comprehensivelist.png (328x747, 4K)

>CPA or CFA?
The only answer is BRAP

the absolute state of liberal arts

Yes
.t chubby chaser with 5 inch dick

Our art culture is what seperates us from the sandniggers or the chinese goons.

It's a shame that we let the liberal arts slip away and gave it to the liberal cucks.
The next time you cry about the media being full of the degenerates of this world think about it as your fault as you shamed masculine man away from doing things like this.

I think Robbin Williams put it the best in Dead Poet Society, math, engineering, science, business are all noble pursuits that maintain life but love, romance, poetry are why we live. Most people who aren't robots would probably agree.

You don't need a degree to live

clyp.it/1wkns5av

Attached: 1521678443891.jpg (487x827, 45K)

Nigger I minor in History the solution for this problem is for STEM majors to minor in arts or at least something you're interested in.

Chinks and punjabis are the right idea with their hard ingrained STEM cultures, they're the same countries facing energy crises and population booms in the coming 5-10 years, they need Scientists, technicians and engineers to find solutions to those problems.