So this happened years ago and I’m curious what this was exactly:

So this happened years ago and I’m curious what this was exactly:
>Be in major city fire academy
>Be doing a bunch of exercises when instructor tells us to stand at attention
>DONT LOCK LEGS
>over the course of 3 minutes while standing at attention my vision darkens and my hearing pretty much dies out for about a minute
>somehow push through without passing out and standing at attention and recover enough to do the rest of the workout as instructed as my senses slowly get back to me

What exactly was this? A panic attack? It’s never happened since.

Attached: 4CD3B310-7D7E-4D63-9F45-DC0C59238DD3.jpg (378x558, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex_syncope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focal_seizure
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/orthostatic-hypotension/symptoms-causes/syc-20352548
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Happens to me pretty often. Never for as long as three minutes, though. If it's the same thing, it's not a panic attack. I think it has to do with blood vessels or nerves getting a bit cattywompus. As long as you can keep yourself from actually losing consciousness, I wouldn't worry about it.

Work on breathing. Happened when I started getting heavier squats. Try to inhale on easy part and exhale on hard part.

REALLY push the air with the reps. If you feel dizzy, gotta increase the rate of breathing. Don't hyperventilate they gotta be good solid breaths.

If you exhale slow, like 4-8 seconds you will "cleanse" out the CO2 from your blood.

Like pause, long exhale (even if you feel short of breath) and faster inhale. Try to fill your lungs up allllll the way quickly then slowly breath out.

Divers do it all the time.

This happened to me too years ago and I googled a couple of things but never got to the bottom of it. Got a full medical since I had a traumatic brain injury fairly recently before it happened but got a clean bill of health. Happens like 1-3 times a year still but never as pronounced like the first 2 times.

Probably just passed out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex_syncope

maybe a type of seizure but unlikely given the circumstances.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focal_seizure

Attached: cef4547fe48f52d47945c17adb10cdaf--image-pinterest-beautiful-words.jpg (236x188, 14K)

>cattywompus
im 12 and what is this?

The queens english m8

Had this happened many times too, usually at work where I stand a lot
I've had people say it sounds like a panic attack but I don't think it is
Went to a doctor and got checked out, my blood was real thick, maybe it's a circulation thing but the doctor didn't really know what I was talking about
I drink plenty of water now and haven't had it happen in a while

Same shit happened to me after bench. I felt ringing in my ears then it just muffled out into nothing. My vision started to blur. Good thing I had enough time to ask a chad for help or else I would have passed out.

This happens to me often. I think it's related to low blood pressure maybe. I'll sometimes get it when I stand up, as soon as I stop running, and very rarely when I Jack off. My vision fades and floaters set in. The loss of hearing doesn't happen everytime.

Low blood pressure.
Get your blood tested, you might have mild anaemia or something.
Plenty of people just naturally have low blood pressure, but if its something youre not used to its worth checking out.

Weird I get this when I do squats and powercleans. Seems like I blank out for a while and all my senses die.

Blood is pooling in your lower legs, the veins rely on muscular contraction to return the blood to your heart. Keep squeezing your calves and wiggling your toes

its a symptom called dizziness upon standing
or orthostatic hypotension
it happens to me after exercise sometimes
there can be different causes
it tends to come and go for me, if it happens often then maybe go to a doctor
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/orthostatic-hypotension/symptoms-causes/syc-20352548

Happens all the time on military parades. Has to do with the heat and poor circulation from the posture I guess

>cont
just slow down for a bit when it happens, take deep breaths, and sit down if you must, it will pass

miltary user here, that’s normal when u stand at attentiom for too long. your blood can’t circulate properly when u lock your knees because it’s stuck below your knee, you’re fine, just don’t lock your knees

Holy shit, this happened to me a few years ago. I was at a RelayForLife thing listening to a cancer survivor give a speech. All of a sudden everything started going pink, and then purple, and then I couldn't hear anything. It lasted for about a minute or two. The worst thing about it was that I couldn't make a scene while this woman was talking.

I don't think anyone believed me when I described it later on. I saw my doctor and I'm pretty sure even he thought I was just a hypochondriac.

Orthostatic hypotension.

If someone were afraid to go to the doctors, would there be a way they could pressurize their own blood at home? I have access to syringes, could I just take an empty one and fill up a vein a little to increase pressur?

Good fucking lord user.

Attached: air-embolism-blood-vessel.jpg (1300x880, 86K)

It's called a brown out I think. I had that happen pretty often when I starved myself down to weight. I think it has to do with blood sugar/pressure levels.

If you are standing with locked knees for a prolonged time might feel dizzy and sometimes pass out. Your veins that have to return the blood to your heart in your legs need a mostly clear path to return and with locked knees you block some of it, giving you less of a venous reflux (blood pools in your legs and most of it not returning to your heart and head).

This is common among people who have to stand still or at attention for an extended time, like guards.

An easy fix is to just shift your weight from one leg to the other and slightly ben you knees every once in a while.

This was probably because you felt you were in an uncomfortable situation. The same happened to me when a cancer survivor showed and talked about her scar on her chest. It seems like when you are in a room filled with a lot of other people it gets worse because you don't want to make a scene.

You may not be be afraid of blood, gore and surgery and such but sometimes it just happens anyway.

Just a lack of bloodflow to the brain, its really common on military parades albeit ones at training establishments. You can prevent it by flexing your leg muscles and doing really small calf-raise movements.

>be at Royal Australian Naval College
>ANZAC day Dawn Servive with 100+ midshipmen on parade and crowd of 200+ local civilians.
>Decked out in W2's with F88s/swords
>last night involved drinks
>40 minutes into the service and we're still at attention
>the first casualty is a div leader who falls face first driving his sword into the grass were it stays wobbling upright.
>next 15 minutes is marred by the sound of groaning, shuffling and metal/plastic colliding as the collapsing ranks result in a tangle of humans and rifles.
>the medics can't keep up
>I finally catch my first glimpse of the action and the guy in directly infront of me in the front rank starts to wobble and emit a faint groan.
>this is followed my a load fart whereapon he starts to stagger forward as he struggles to remain upright.
>he advances forward like a drugged giraffe his rifle lowers to point at the crowd but he finally collapses 3 of the 8 metres short before he could bludgeon anyone's children.
>someone finally intervenes and we get stood at ease
>nearly a quarter of the course has collapsed and been ushered off.
>next day we get completely raped at PT for being a total shitshow.

another one

>fleet air arm parade
>held on taxiway/hardstand
>Summer uniform (all white)
>some guy faints, falls forward and breaks his nose
>medics come racing through the ranks with a wheelchair, pick him up and go racing back out
>they hit a metal/drain gutter thing which catapults him forward face first onto the concrete
>turn and look, idgaf at this point
>he's now being helped to stand up with a broken nose and gravel rash and covered in blood.

Attached: 1522886884305.jpg (654x878, 67K)

Holy shit

Attached: Gerard.gif (480x270, 2.82M)

Attached: DC8852C3-522D-4D0F-B9AB-36255BD77A01.jpg (199x254, 5K)

If you lock your legs for an edtended period of time you cant some lood flow off at your legs causeing poor blood flow into your brain. I've seen it happen three times when people are standing attention in marching band.

Good post

Godspeed user