Is a food scale nessesary?

Is a food scale nessesary?

Attached: images-49.jpg (469x313, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sailrabbit.com/bmr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only if you're competing or are an autistic obsessed first yearer who can't keep track of meals and portion sizes in his head

If you want to know how much you're eating, then yes. Volumetric measurements on food packaging are pretty damn inaccurate.

I have been lifting for 7 years, shredded year round now. I weigh everything. I even started doing it for my dogs and they’re also lean as fuck, not an ounce of fat on their gut.

It’s a lot more fun this way. Weighing everything allows you to track perfectly, allowing you to manipulate your body composition in anyway you want.

Attached: 6BE92B5D-F6CB-4244-BFA7-16E011A41929.jpg (2048x1536, 610K)

I have it since 3 years ago. Easier to track calories and macros, plus it helps when doing new receipts

The real question is why do you have so many scales? You don't need to have them accurate beyond a gram or so, what other features would you want?

Necessary? No, neither is counting calories, but you are serious about losing or gaining weight, you'll do both. Don't waste your time over something that would only cost you ten dollars.

hard to say how much peanut butter you eat otherwise, if you go by volume you cant know how much is left on the measuring cup/butterknife

Thanks guys, I wasted 7 months not counting. Always felt strong in the gym and then a session tired, all up and down.

Weights always plagued as well, came to find out was not eating all my fats, protein and carbs.

That as well, 100grams of peanut butter ain't easy to measure.

It's like $10... stop being poor

Well he obviously has the scales for his dog.

I have a lot of scales because I don't ever want a reason to not use it.

The power of knowing exactly how much you're consuming is too good to give up.

Unless you're genetically shredded, and taking tons of tren, I don't see why you would ever not track.

Without tracking everything I can't get under 20% bodyfat. My default eating habit without tracking puts me above 20% bodyfat, very easily. But with tracking everything, I can maintain 7-8% bodyfat very easily.

poost bood

Any scale recommendation?

Attached: 1508878864905.png (741x568, 43K)

It's good for skellies like me. People say, "just eat till you're full lol", but for skellies, that often isn't enough. You need the scale to know you're getting enough.

A food scale is $15 on Amazon and you can track exactly what you're eating with it. It's definitely worth it.

I'd strongly recommend doing it for at least a week or two and tracking everything. It really helps you get a better sense of what you are eating, your macros, how much calories is in your average meal, etc.

this at least once

Got a m8 into lifting / dieting and he would constantly wildly underestimate the calories in his food.
Properly measuring things gives you some perspective

I'm too lazy and dumb to measure my food every day. Just wing it

How do I calculate my macros and calorie intake? I tried MyFitnessPal and a few other calculators and all of them gave me different numbers

Don't bother with that.

Just start on something like 3000 calories, and see where your scale weight ends up after 3 weeks.

If you stayed the same over 3 weeks of 3000/cals a day you can be sure its maintenance then you can adjust from there based on your goals.

Alright I'm back fro. The shops.

Attached: 20180412_113650.jpg (4032x3024, 3.73M)

And figured I have been eating way under 100g of peanut butter.

Attached: 20180412_114148.jpg (4032x3024, 3.77M)

hHAHAHAHHAHAH HE WEIGHED IT ON PAPER HAHAHHA

WEIGH IT ON SOMETHING ELSE WITH A PLATE YOU MONG HAHAHAHAH

NOT ON FUCKING PAPER HAHHAHA

OH NO NO NO NO

Dam look at thet butmud

For some people it is. Others can eyeball their shit and come out just fine.

Fren, if you have to weight anything like that, put a bowl on your scale, zero it, and then weigh whatever you would like.

Good luck with your gains.

I don't know why people are going autistic, I clicked the zero on the scale and then put on the paper and peanut butter.

You click zero after you put the paper on unless the paper is made of peanut butter dummy

I disagree with the other poster. Calculate your TDEE with a sedentary lifestyle. Each day, figure out how many calories you "burned" from work and exercise with and add them to your total. This should be accurate enough to get yourself close but you may have to adjust it.

You can zero the scale with anything on it, that way you don't have to deduct the weight of the bowl. They are just memein' but it's an American thing to eat off paper products. I don't know what chemicals are in the bleach and such.

>Weighing a scoop of peanut butter on a paper napkin

eww why the fuck

Attached: 1502122237320.jpg (352x351, 15K)

You can zero it without needing anything on it

I like MFP myself just cause I have been using it for so long and all my regular food is quickly accessible.

Almost all food is in their database, if you find some info is off from your nutrition label, you can just enter it yourself.

No but then I neurotically count calories.

>paper napkin
S H I G G Y
H
I
G
G
Y

Attached: 1520476295438.jpg (259x383, 81K)

The scale is great.

Attached: 20180412_120956.jpg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

Thanks for the advice but that wouldn’t work for me, I’m pretty sure I’m at 5k+, I went from 180lbs to 192 in 50 days at 6’4, I just want to know precisely how much protein/carbs/fat and calories I need to eat daily, so I can be shredded all year round like Yes but how do I calculate my TDEE

Yeah MFP is decent to count calories, but it said I needed something like 3500 calories a day, if I was eating that I would still be at 180lbs not being able to increase my lifts, so I’m not using it

>being this ducking stupid but still getting trips

Attached: 89777707-A191-469D-B618-BAFD44287B8E.jpg (876x719, 87K)

>inb4 user has no plates and will eat his food directly off of this scale

sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Personally, I don't worry too much about the macros beyond protein.

>BF%
No fucking clue, any estimates?

Attached: A55C74EE-891F-4D46-A8B8-B8F862C839BB.jpg (1609x2046, 351K)

Dieting got so much easier once I got a scale and just kept a google sheet of everything I ate.
>necessary
no
>worth it
it costs 10 dollars. i got a shitty mechanical one but it still works fine, the measurements are on a plastic ring that you can slide around to calibrate it to zero/the weight of the container.

17-20% is my guess

You don't have to put in your body fat so just leave it out. Hard to say. I imagine you're like me and still have abs at a relatively high body fat percentage. You're also tall so it's easy to have a lot of fat and not look overweight. Maybe 16-20%, which sucks. I thought I was 194 pounds and 14% one point but in reality I was over 20% and still had abs. I don't know where I was storing the fat but I had to drop down to a low of 164 pounds...

>360 fucking g of chicken breast
>eating 80g protein in one sitting

Attached: 2145356436.png (709x765, 234K)

>164
Holy shit, I started at 165 and I was almost anorexic. I’m going to bulk until ~215 then cut to ~190

>not eating 80 g of protein in one sitting

Attached: 1519868838945s.jpg (231x250, 6K)

I would say about 20%. Three months of a hard cut, and you'll be shredded. You can already see your abs protruding, but you need to work on arm and chest development.

Honestly, I wouldn't go much higher than you are now, it's pointless. You're just adding fat cells and you'll have to cut down at one point sooner or later. It's easier to get lean now and see what you look like and it's almost summer as well so it's cutting season.

Go for around 10%. Not much point going lower without having a lot of muscle mass.

Lol do you really think I should cut? How am I going to grow my chest and my arms if I’m cutting? Genuine question, I’m on my first bulk and I’ve never cut before, and before I started eating like crazy I just had a really hard time increasing my lifts, so in my head it’s impossible to grow and increase lifts while on a cut. Like I said in , I wanna keep bulking

Build a spreadsheet.

Attached: food tracker.png (819x679, 36K)

That doesn't make any sense user. You can have one scale, and a backup scale. You have like twenty. You don't need that many scales.

When I'm cutting down I knock out a lot of my protein requirement in my first meal so I have more flexibility later in the day, like if I want to go out to eat or something. My first of two meals today had 139 grams of protein.
That being said, I have the appetite of a woolly mammoth and most people don't have to eat as high volume and high protein as me.