Doing squats

>doing squats
>feel cracking in my knees
>put the bar back on the rack and start walking around
>serious pain
No...not now...please...

Attached: sadbatman.jpg (292x214, 32K)

Go to doctor op wtf you doing here telling us that you some how fucked up

I've been sitting at home resting and putting ice on my knees. Should I seriously go to a doctor?

Well like see what seems to be the issue op
>first you are squatting (not the issue)
>second you hear a crack while doing so (the issue)
>third you rack the bar for safety precautions (good thing that you did this)
>four walk around to add preesure to your knees to ensure that there is a problem (also good)
>fifth the pian from simply walking around drives an unbelievable pain through out you body (confirmation of the pain)
im over exaggerating in that last part since you used serious pain but the result still come to that you should check at least

But you are chilling at home...how do you feel??

>how do you feel
My knees only hurt when I put pressure on it. But when I move them they keep cracking.

How many plates you have on the bar?

oh fuck man that seems like some sort of artrosis... you should definitely go se a doc right now.

don't do leg work until pain goes away, then don't do leg work for the same amount of time added on to that just to be sure

then get yourself knee sleeves

alternatively, go see a doctor if the pain or whatever feels serious, do what doc says, get knee sleeves anyway

Attached: SBD-Knee-Sleeves-2.jpg (1080x1080, 63K)

oh and check that your form is correct and make sure you warm up properly before doing squats

1. Don’t squat heavy
2. Never let your knees pass your toes
3. Toes pointed out at a slight angle

Which of these did you not follow?

I was squatting 240

Fuck I really think it might be.

Thanks user.

>never let your knees pass your toes
Yeah, that might be it.

Go to the doctor bro. You don't want to get a hernia.
On Monday I felt a horrible tearing sensation in my right groin after doing 1 rep of barbell row, shit kept burning even after a day of sleep so I went to the ER. Ultrasound confirmed it wasn't a hernia so now I'm just gonna take a week or two off and get back into it.

only if the pain remains for a few days. If it isn't better in the morning i would consider it.

Not OP. At what point should I consider these meme accessories? I'm only squatting 155lbs.

Torn meniscus/10 you're now fucked unless you're very careful in how you go about squatting, even if they perform surgery on it

Dont listen to this retard.
Chances are your toes weren't pointed out enough and you wrenched your knee trying to squat it. Either that or your feet were not in a stable neutral distance apart. You may have hurt your tendons, they take a long time to heal because they have shitty blood flow. Ice the injury initially and take anti inflammatories, then switch to heat packs in about a day.

Attached: images.png (459x321, 18K)

this just happened to me at the exact same weight. I feel fine now, but I'm still going to see my doctor anyway

I feel big pressure below my ribs when I do squats and deadlifts sometimes

am I getting a hernia? Nothing is poking out of me. How can I prevent a hernia?

240kg, right?

Make sure you aren't squashing your ribs while squatting. Sounds like your form is whack or you're hurting them elsewhere.

I put hairline fractures in my floating ribs over time by heavy leg pressing and letting my thighs touch my ribs. They take a while to heal and are extremely painful.

oh shit, i didn't even think about giving my floating ribs a hairline fracture.

I have no idea how my form would be causing this pressure/pain

Stance too narrow?
Could be an accessory exercise causing it and it's getting aggravated with you bracing your core.

Don't panic OP. My right knee has been crunching since I was 17 (I'm 28 now). I've been lifting for a year. I managed to get my squat from 75lbs to 275lbs for 3 x 5 reps. At one point the crunching went down to a minimum and almost completely disappeared. Never any acute knee pain, even during times when my knees would cave in. My knees began to ache a little bit at one point but I got some sleeves, which worked great.

About a month ago I was squatting and as soon as I racked the weight my right knee was aching with alarming intensity. I also noticed the cracking increased. This went on for a month. I tried to "feel out" my squat numbers each workout but it just wasnt happening. My right knee is now constantly irritated by the squat ROM, even just air squats, even with sleeves. The crunching is present past 90 degrees of flexion. So I've temporarily stopped squatting.

It feels shitty to not squat regularly. I worked very hard on it and I was really stoked on hitting 3 plates. However, this is a long ass race and shit can happen for literally no reason.

I'm basically moving into an HLM program without squats until I see my doctor again and successfully rehab my knee. Current mindset is basically break new Bench, OHP and Deadlift PRs and get some good accessory work in. My upper vody lifts were falling behind anyway and now I can pay them the attention they deserve. Fuck the squat for now, one less thing to worry about. Train around the problem, even if it takes a long time. It's a long race and there's no need to get impatient.

belt at 3pl8
sleeves at 4pl8

>first you are squatting
>not the issue

Attached: 1523450603983.jpg (800x614, 64K)

Do not take anti-inflams.
Sure they reduce pain but this is by inhibiting inflammation which is your body's natural healing process.
I made this mistake and probably added days to my recovery.
Once you don't have any rest pain start eccentric knee exercises with no weight.