Becoming A Man

youtube.com/watch?v=HQgfw1O-_Yw
So after watching video related a while back I figured we really don't have a test of manhood in our culture. So I thought I'd just make my own in order to prove myself as a man, and figured since probably the most prominent feature that seperates us from women is physical strenght, I thought 1/2/3/4 pl8 would be a good test. I just reached it yesterday and feel really good about not being a soy infested nu-male anymore. How good a test of manhood do you think this really is tho?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTP7hbhrWUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>thinks picking up heavy objects makes him a man
You've got a lot to learn about life boy.

It's relative. The lower your body weight, the more impressive 1/2/3/4 becomes. However, people will make fun of you for being manlet and/or dyel

We've all got differing definitions of fitness and masculinity so I can't objectively say what makes you a man, but 1/2/3/4 is not it.

You become a man when you have a (Male) Son and raise him into respectable, masculine teenager.

To do so you have to change yourself and learn along the way...follow the road to becoming a man.

Attached: 71F50F98-6541-4F1A-AAE1-7C6AF73551AE.jpg (750x375, 34K)

>tfw my father never became a man

Attached: 1520669168229.png (919x720, 551K)

Which is why you should

I agree with this. Being a Father is the pinnacle of being a man. You don't necessarily need a son either (though you should at least try a couple times to get one) as there are plenty of things a father can teach his daughter. There are a few things manlier than scareing the shit out of snotty teenage kids who try to ask your daughter out.

>le natty buff dudes
youtube.com/watch?v=wTP7hbhrWUM

Please stop making videos and posting them on fit, you literally do not even look like you lift.

the term virtue comes from vir which means man, in ancient philosophy you had to acquire certain characteristics to be considered a man.
sry for bad englando

Attached: 1520214438306.png (512x416, 295K)

3/4/5 pl8 checking in. I think1/2/3/4 is for beginners and boys. Manhood is beyond that

i hit 1/2/3/4, get wrecked

this is what 1/2/3/4 and low test looks like

You're born a man, anything else is retarded

this

there is a difference between being a man by biology and being a respected man, the term manly refers to the second one, not the first one, therefore if you want to be considered manly you have to work on yourself.

Attached: 1510757766060.jpg (745x558, 65K)

but does it make my criticisms of them any less accurate?

>caring about what other people think is indicative of your gender and changing your behavior to suit their hot opinions

Yeah user you're a real alpha male following everyone else's view of manhood instead of just acting how you want to act

Attached: 1516453891618.jpg (645x773, 36K)

Obviously hitting novice-early intermediate lift numbers didn't help your charisma, looks and overall intellect.

t. 2/3/4.5/6 all for reps

ok Brandon, but my criticism of you are still accurate

Criticism? What criticism?
You just gloated about your shit lifts and then admitted to being a genetic dead end.

>if i refuse to address anything he says people will still think im natural

Fuck off Brandon your videos have been shit for years

Manhood is state of mind brought on by experience. It is refined by physical, mental, and spiritual strength.
Stocism is suggested, but optional.

Attached: 1507861059160.jpg (724x948, 601K)

You don't even look like you could bench even 0.5 plate, you are probably never saw a weight at all. I only bench 115 kg, squat 130 and deadlift 180 and I'm three times your size.

Hard work and reaping the rewards for it is what I find the most manly thing you can do. It can be in many different shapes: Studying your ass off to get your dream job, working to save money and start a company or working on your self-improvement at times when you really don't fucking want to.

Doing a lot of these things, pushing yourselves in areas of life even when going forward is nothing but pain, is what makes someone manly.

The argument could be made that a man needs several things in which he excels to be manly. Just being specialized in one single thing which you enjoy and do anyways is often not enough to earn the title as manly. For example, many wouldnt see Zuckerberg as extremly manly even though he's notoriously great at what he does, because he does just one thing. Neither would all see the opposite spectrum of one-sidedness manly - Athletes who excel in a single sport for example.

But if you excel in many areas, even those where you had no gift to begin with at all, you are something else. Arnold is probably the greatest example of this, doing all sorts of things in life and reaching his goals with hard work and simply refusing to give in. This guy brought lifting equipment into the back of his tank when drafted in the army so he could keep working for his dream, and became a goddamn actor and governor as a foreigner with a terrible accent.

Attached: arnold.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>it's another "I am gonna pretend I am seriously talking to the person I'm obsessed with in order to avoid facing the reality of my situation" episode

Stop making videos, you look like shit, you have no idea of what's achievable. Your speech is cringe, your mannerisms show that you have little experience in any public situation let alone at an actual gym.
One look at your video and I can already tell it's made by a weak minded smug little shit that hasn't lifted for longer than 4 months. How can someone this new to lifting even know what's achievable and what's not? Get the fuck out of here you newfriendo.

I see your little child like behavior in the video, you seriously think you're "calling out" these people and saving the day, are you 12 mentally? Even if they were fake natties, thinking they are fake natties just because of the way they look is retarded, their physiques aren't even that impressive, men built similar physiques pre anabolics.

Attached: steve reeves promo.jpg (578x711, 65K)

This right here.

it's called lifting with shitty test levels, squatlet

getting a job
buying a house
marrying someone
having kids

wouldn't expect you uncle mgtow losers to understand

>literally Arnold tier bodies
>natural

also
>steve reeves
>natural
steroid use was a thing since the 30's m8

I don't care about whatever Youtube bitch fight is going on here, but you are clearly a steroid user that doesn't want to meet reality and believes that almost anything is achievable naturally therefore no one should call out obviously fake naturals.

You don't even understand the basic history of steroid use and you expect to be taken seriously.

You are absolutely dyel and try to push your meme trashtalking on fitness forums. You don't look like shit because you have "low test", you look like shit because you are too much of a pussy to lift properly. Trying to knock on the fake nattys won't ever make your own trash results any better. Looking like that is unexcusable for anyone remotely interested in fitness.

No, thats what 1/2/3/4 with SHIT form and no accessories combined with eating trash looks like. Why do you even bother lifting if this is what you make of it?

10 bodyweight OHP or 10 HSPU. If you can’t do this you are just a weak faggot.

Actually i have a brain tumour on my pituitary gland

ok so this guy has shit form and does no accessories and managed to hit 1/2/3/4 with a shitty body?

look it really seems like you are just making shit up, becasue you literally are. you have no idea what his form looks like, what his diet looks like or how hard he works.

Maybe he's just a really weak guy naturally? I know guys who couldn't deadlift 60kg without months of training.

I really think that your perception of what the average non lifter looks like has been warped by steroid users, the typical natty lifter looks kind of shitty. they can't get cut without losing a lot of muscle, can't put on muscle without getting fat, and even when they do a contest they only manage to look decent for like a week at most.

a total non lifter is either fat as fuck or has arms like fucking spaghetti noodles, you type in "natural bodybuilders" into google and almost every result is a steroid user. get out of the gym and look at some normal non lifters.

>I have a glandular problem

lmfao, your brain is so drenched in memes that you can't think of anything better?

Steroid "use" was a thing in the mid-late 1930's, but you left out the most important part like the retard you are.
Steroid use back then was purely for research purposes and was NOT used in everyday people, steroids were not available to the public, not even to national/international level weightlifting champions.
Testosterone was synthesized in the 30's in central europe, but it was very weak, and caused a bunch of problems when injected, and was only available in controlled enviroments for research and experimentation in people with severe health problems AND didn't even have much of an anabolic effect since it was mostly androgenic and not very anabolic.
The first anabolic steroid used in american bodybuilders/lifters was in the mid 1950's.
Steeve reeves was competing in the 1940's and stopped competing at 1950 and his frame never changed that much if at all.

The first anabolic steroids were brought to america in 1954 the earliest by Dr. Ziegler, and since then other drugs were developed like dianabol which was the first commercially available anabolic.
Stop spreading misinformation you fucking dumb slanderous parrot.

The buff dudes are not even close to arnold when he was on cycle.
They might be on steroids, but they are NOT even close to his development at his peak.

>but you're clearly a steroid user
Hello rasputin, no I'm not as teroid user, just pointing out the obvious flaws in your own persona.
You are a negative little shit that will ammount to nothing with that mentality that everyone in history is lying.
Get a fucking rip and take care of yourself.

Attached: Eric Pederson & Steve Reeves.jpg (847x1056, 158K)

reported for cyber bullying

>Takes an hour to research something he doesn't know anything about it and still fucks it up.
>steroids were not available to the public
Objectively wrong. Testosterone was sold to the public in the early 1940s, possibly before. Body builders at the time would have read the 1935 Nobel prize research and realized how effective it would be, since some of them were already using natural testosterone. Steeve Reeves training partner, or some other person close to him admitted that he used steroids. As did other body builders at the time.

As far as the "it was weak" argument, that's false too. Even slight increases in testosterone can add muscle mass in men who don't even work out. There's at least one good study on this.

>MUH NEGATIVITY! ANYONE CAN B BIG
Post your shitty body, I want to laugh at the idea you think you can get close to Arnold naturally.

ahaha fuckin spooks lol u guys are so gay

you look like a child molester who's never lifted anything in his life

And you're the one calling out guys who mog you in every single aspect - for using excuses. Laughing out loud my dude.

no

i did not say that, but if you want to be perceived as manly, you gotta behave the way that is considered manly.

It does not mean you should act this way.

Big difference.

It depends on what you want out of life.

Attached: 1522814674039.png (209x155, 70K)

Natural Testosterone(animal testicular extract) ads have run since the early 1990s. In 1924, an ad boasted having 40,000 doctors prescribing it to patients. The effects were well understood at this point, including muscle building effect.

In 1937 synthetic Testosterone was commercially available. 1939 Strength and Health magazine, owned by Bob Hoffman, wrote an article on testosterone. One year later, John Grimek, who was on Bob Hoffman's bodybuilding team, wins Mr. America. A year after that, he puts on over ten pounds of muscle and wins again, stepping on stage with a FFMI of over 27. Bob Hoffman was into alternative health even sold supplements. You honestly believe no one on the west coast tried testosterone for almost 20 years after the article?

The same Bob Hoffman that, in the early 60s, worked with Doctor Ziegler to give Dianabol to his team. After everyone started noticing the increase of mass, Bob told them it was due to his new program, isometric contraction and lied about the Dianabol to shill the program.

No body builder after the late 1930s can be confirmed natural. You're an idiot if you think steroids we only used in the so called golden age of body building and after.

I meant:
Natural Testosterone(animal testicular extract) ads have run since the early 1900s*

Why hide a 10/10 jawline with a hobo beard?

>I figured we really don't have a test of manhood in our culture

Not an official one. But the unofficial test of masculinity is not succumbing to the khaos, hedonism, and hatred. Overstepping all of it while staying true to your vision. You literally have to become manly in order to do this.

Attached: anahata.png (293x287, 4K)

But everybody I know who hit numbers above 100 kg always looks like that, I legitimately never met any person who looks like a skeleton dyel who lifts any significant number.

desperately vying to reach a certain goal in lifting because you think it'll suddenly give you purpose and validation as a man is literally the exact same line of thinking as the hipster faggots you say you hate buying bacon beard oil and type writers and cafe bikes because they think THAT will make them a man

Attached: 1522266725650.jpg (960x640, 33K)

I agree with almost everything you just said, but Steve Reeves is a bad example. He claims to never used roids, but compare his body to the bodies in the 20s and 30s, it was obvious that he took SOMETHING.

beards are p easy to take care of compared to daily shaving.

And your skin reacts better to a beard than to daily shaving. After 2 weeks of shaving my skin looks like the one of a war veteran, I usually let grow hair for 2 weeks and then shave.

None of those things make you a man besides having a job. But not even what society considers a "job" but more of just an occupation in your life that's in line with your purpose. You're qualifications are those of a good provider but not necessarily a good man.

This

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHHHEHHHHHHHHAHEHHEHHEHAHEWWEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUAHHAHAHA

can we please make this guy a meme?

This is one of the worst videos I've ever seen. I bet you watch feminism owned compilations and shitpost on pol while drinking a protein shake. You sit there and tell yourself "Women are roasties anyways" and "convince" yourself they're not worth it while masturbating to girls you went to high school with on Instagram. You'd rather spend a Saturday night playing PS4 and watching game reviews from YouTube channels with 400 subscribers then ever stepping out of your comfort zone. I feel ashamed to be the same species as something that would waste their time making a video like this. You clearly put so much thought into it that it makes me feel like my life is worse for knowing you exist.

he definitely looks like a chronic masturbator, and his home is fucking disgusting. no surprises he's knocking on guys who lift more than him and also look way better.

>the most prominent feature that seperates us from women is physical strength

It's the most prominent but it's not even close to the most defining, which is not physical.

Attached: 1502938596903.png (436x477, 7K)

This. If you're a good provider but don't raise your kids, are you even a man?