Rack Sliding During Liftoff?

Anyone dealt with this? I have a shitty ~150 pound power rack in my home gym. When I bench in it, liftoff is nearly impossible with 200+ pounds because the rack will slide during liftoff. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with his.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1905x1080, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mldhcedp0Lc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are meant to be fixed to the floor

just to be clear, its not that the rack is really sliding, its more like the metal beams are slightly bending backwards from the force of liftoff so the bar doesnt actually leave the jhooks.

weigh it down my dude

or just duct tape the everloving shit out of it to the floor

buy a better rack then.

OP the same guy who makes fun of me for buying a $1500 rack.

Enjoy your shitty Chinese tin“””””rack”””””

I guess it just fucking sucks, literally no one else mentioned this when researching so I'm assuming most people buying this rack are low weight babbys.

is your rack attached to the bench like in the pic?

the bench with your arse on it should provide enough leverage to keep the rack solid on the floor

It's not. The issue isn't really sliding, I misspoke. It's more that the beams are so lightweight that they tilt backwards when you try to liftoff since liftoff isn't a 100% vertical motion, and the bar doesn't move vertically.

well, they won't tilt backwards if the rack is attached to your bench since you'll be weighing the entire structure down famalam

well thats not an option with this setup, I think I just was retarded and wasted $200 on a shit chink bench and need to get something of quality.

kek well sorry to hear that, suppose you could just opt for positioning yourself higher on the bench and lifting the bar straight up

i'd use wrist wraps though, that shit is a nightmare for your joints

>I'm assuming most people buying this rack are low weight babbys.

That’s literally everyone who buys cheap gym equipment

You think strong people are going to cheap out on equipment? Lmao no.

Only dyels buy cheap crap, they’re so dyel and weak they don’t even take into account weight limits on the bench/rack they buy

This is why I say everyone whose serious about lifting should spend the money on quality equipment

I’ve spent probably 5-6k on my home gym thus far. The shit at I have at home is 10x better than even the stuff I used at actual commercial gyms.

just fucking lift the bar off the j hooks idiot I don’t understand the problem here, if you’re trying to pull the bar forward before they clear the j hooks the more serious of your problems is you’re mentally deficient not that your power rack is light.

to liftoff properly some of the work must be pushing the bar backwards so you can get to lockout, this is why actual bench stands are sloped backwards. a power rack is straight upright beams, so they must be able to withstand that pressing and not give / tip. This rack is too shitty to do so.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

youre mentally deficient. explain how this lifter, who is in the proper position, could ever do liftoff exerting only vertical force. you're retarded.

Attached: How-to-Bench-Press-with-Mark-Rippetoe-Art-of-Manliness-660x400.jpg (660x400, 53K)

I had a shitty rack like OP and had the same problem. You CANT lift it off the jhooks at any decent weight because the shitty rack would tip back as you applied force for liftoff.

>lift bar vertically
>as soon as it clears hooks pulls late into place and over hooks
I solved your problem for you, retards, quit listening to fags like rippletits on how to fucking lift a bar off the rack

>lift bar vertically
Lifting the bar over the jhooks is not a pure vertical press retard. In any proper bench press the liftoff has your arms slightly backwards. This is why bench racks are slanted backwards.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

the lift hasn’t even started yet just fucking lift it over the j hooks pussy

I 'bench'(floor press) off 17" jackstands that are unsecured to the floor. If I tried to slide the bar off of it, I would either tip them over or slide the whole thing but it hasn't been a problem at all and I'm at imao 2 plates.

You need to be strong enough to lift it straight up. Try moving yourself more under the bar. It will help set your back without having someone to help you lift off. The problem is not with the equipment, even if it is flexing.

drop some plates or sandbags on it to hold it down you dumb mong. if you're not totally inept bolt it down like you're supposed to

You're doing liftoff wrong.
You're supposed to be pulling the bar off the hooks, not pushing up it up.
That's why proper benching setups have very shallow hooks - so you can pull the bar horizontally without having to push it vertically.

I have a Titan T2 and have no issues unracking 365. Get good.

>Jow Forums giving exactly opposite advice posts apart
never change

titan t2 is a much better rack and actually has a beam across the bottom.

OP here, spent last night thinking about it, went to the hardware store today and bought a shit ton of sandbags. I had tried weighing it down but not to this autistic degree. This fixed the problem and you can now unrack the bar without problem.

Attached: hercules-poly-landscape-accessories-1000034161-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

It's actually not that conflicting. You want to keep your shoulders and arch tight, which is why people are taught to slide it off the bar but this doesn't work if your set up is weird or you're alone and it's really heavy. In that case, you need to move under the bar more and lift it up and out. This keeps your shoulders tight while making your leverage better so it's easier to lift up.

Jen talks about it in this video, if I remember correctly:
youtube.com/watch?v=Mldhcedp0Lc

That isn't the video, don't know what one it is.