Hey Jow Forums...

Hey Jow Forums, I've recently started adding beans into everything and it's easily up'd my daily protein intake by 20 grams, and only at 92 cents a can. What's some essential cheap protein? Also, recipe/diet share thread?

Remember it's cutting season.

Attached: youjustgotbeand.jpg (760x760, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytic_acid#Food_science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user no one will want to be around your gassy ass even if you're cut

Beef jerky is good. Around 90cal a pack with 18g of protein

Beans don't make me gassy tho.

Attached: tobey-maguire-1.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Jerky isn't all that cheap where I'm from though, at least when it comes to cost per serving.

Way too expensive though and gets boring fast

>tfw being vegan and getting extremely gassy eating even the smallest amount of beans and legumes

are you supposed to take your recommended protein amount in one sitting or over the day?

Beano?

With your own dehydrator and chasing after sales it's way cheaper and tastier then prepackaged nitrate shit.

Buy a dehydrator and make a few pounds of beef jerky for the cost of 2 packs

Any links on how to make jerky?

>consuming your entire protein goal in one sitting

where the fuck are you getting 150+ grams of protein from buddy

wheat sprouts are cheap if you sprout them from seed yourself,its 15 percent protein,lot of vitamins and healthy crap

Attached: Wheat-Grass-Sprouts.jpg (400x300, 50K)

me jerky off me peeknuss

boiled chicken breasts

are they tasty? how quick do they grow? can you grow them in water/tissue like cress?

>Buy a cheap beef roast
>I typically get a rump roast
>Cut it into thin bite sized pieces
>Put in large freezer bag
>Pour in barbeque sauce and assorted spices
>Set in fridge over night
>Put jerky on drying trays
>set dehydrator to meat 110-130 Fahrenheit
>Leave for 3-5 hours
>enjoy cheap home made beef snacks

>Links
Google it

wheat takes about 3 days to sprout,you buy the seed and sprout them in a bowl of water

Beans aren't a protein source, they're a carb source. Depends on your goals and diet approach but for every decent quantity of protein you get from beans you'll have to manage the carbs to a greater degree.

yeah but then do you transfer them to soil? what about taste?

Gottem
Thanks!

>dehydrating your own meat
This is odd. Where do you live?

You buy the seed,sprout it in water for 3 days and then eat it,the taste is okay,mild and a bit chewy/crunchy

Eggs are cheapest and quickest protein source. I eat almost a dozen a day, half raw and half poached. Chicken breasts in bulk from whole sale markets are cheap. The ground beef logs that are 70% meat and 30% fat are so cheap and if you boil the beef some fat floats off to the top. Also there’s tuna and pink salmon in a can. If you’re going the vegetable route then try lentils.

>boil the beef
Doesn't sound appetizing at all tbqh

can you specify the proper type? some people are saying they are poisonous

You could boil the beef in tomato sauce or beef broth but the salt contents high. I boil in water to lean out the beef.

>Odd
>never gonna make it

Pennsylvania

Or oven with the door cracked at 200 since thats the lowest most modern ovens go. Did this for elk jerky took about 1-2 hrs. If you over dry it just put it back in your marinade

You can sprout and eat many different plants but wheat is most common,you need organic seed which you can buy at green stores,when you sprout you have to change water and watch out for mold and bacteria

My stomach got fucked up and all I ate for a week were refried black beans, white rice, and whey isolate. It was great actually.

Canned food is a gainzgoblin. Look up the chemicals in the tin lining if you want to know why

unfortunately i just ate it before i saw this thread but i made sesame tuna for lunch. takes about 15 minutes
ingredients
>olive oil
>pinch of salt
>tuna steak (not canned)
>sugar snaps
>spring onion (cut to about 5 cm long sections)
>sesame seeds
>miso paste
>red wine vinegar

method
>smear miso paste on the tuna stake and roll in sesame seeds
>heat oil (medium heat) in frying pan and when its hot drop tuna steak in
>fry for about 90 seconds each side
>take tuna out to rest, wipe out the frying pan with dry kitchen roll
>splash of red wine vinegar and pinch of salt in the frying pan and drop in the spring onion and sugar snaps
>cook and toss regularly for about 3 mins
>plate up the greens and slice the tuna steaks

delicious, quick and about 45 g of protein. I personally have 2 tuna steaks to make it filling (and about 75-80g protein) but you can add noodles (egg are good, 8g protein per nest) also. downside is obviously tuna steak is not cheap

Beans with salsa is my OMAD. I enjoy how challenging the fiber makes it to woof down. I pressure cook twelve servings of beans, drain it, throw it in a pot (even my huge bowl is too small for all these beans without the salsa spilling out), mix in a hearty helping of salsa, and dig in. Avoid pinto beans. Pinto is the most popular bean but it has less protein than navy, black, and kidney beans.

Isn't eating a lot of eggs bad for your cholesterol?

Canned tuna is goat cutting food

pork is a good meat. its cheap in UK and can be made to be very tasty. its a bit fattier than chicken but nothing a bit of cal counting wont fix

Just eat canned chicken it's healthier and just as lazy

I take the yolks out when I eat them raw. Mix the whites into water and protein powder. It’s cheaper than boxed liquid egg whites. And I don’t worry about cholesterol since I’m training hard and do cardio.

There’s bodybuilders that eat canned meats just like everyone else.

How exactly is canned chicken healthier?

COOKIECUTTER
DETECTED

>>How exactly is canned chicken healthier?
Because canned tuna is only supposed to be eaten once a week.

lentils

How does mercury effect my muscle gains tho?

tuna, and pasta, you can easily get 60g protons per meal.

>Because canned tuna is only supposed to be eaten once a week
that's not true

>eating a lot of broccoli, beans and drinking whey protein everyday
>mfw whey protein broccoli bean farts in the shower

Attached: 1519389712203.jpg (918x597, 216K)

you can't lift if you're in a mental asylum

Try soaking the beans in vinegar before you boil or bake them. I’ve done tat with black beans and I wasn’t as bloated or gassy after eating them.

Seconded. Also bland as fuck and more expensive. Cook a huge batch of beans yourself.

I’ve been consistently meal prepping for years so I’m already crazy.

>I've recently started adding beans into everything
That's good
>up'd my daily protein intake by 20 grams
What the fuck? A single can of beans is twice that.

sauteed salad: shiitake mushrooms, spinach, and garlic

Just drink hot dog water bro

i cut via psmf, or straight fasting.
boiled eggs, fish, chicken, and vegetables is pretty much all i eat anymore lmao.

Attached: 0D41D9C2-72E6-4E0F-A344-32B944962318.png (832x832, 322K)

>Tfw whiff farts toward my nose and sniff them so i don't waste protein

Attached: 1522468782352.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Tuna, boiled egg, little mayo and seasoning. Use bread if bulking to make sammiz Like 40 grams of protein and tastes good.

Thread has come so far, and not a single joke about sucking off truckers outside divebars for their precious goo. Proud of you, bros.

Beans aren't a complete protein, so maybe he's taking that into account

They're complete when combined with rice or a corn tortilla though.

link related
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytic_acid#Food_science

>mfw gringos eat their beans from a can
The absolute state of first world fags

Tell me about it, putas don't even know how make proper frijoles refritos...

I eat a half a can at a time. So my math checks out bby

ive been sprouting broccoli and adding them to blueberry smoothies . reall easy to do , DR Rhonda Patrick has a youtube vid show how and explains how freezing them makes the nutrients more available . also i take pepper and mustard w/ the smoothie to increase its fx

Attached: 1522292741324.jpg (252x200, 9K)

Nitrate preservatives prevent your body from breaking down the protein into the essential amino acids.

Dietary cholesterol has no affect on your blood cholesterol levels.

This is how I make all my chicken, I brine it for ~48 hours though so its extremely flavorful.

I've had a mega pack of Teriyaki jerky sitting in my dorm for 4 weeks now since i went vegan. I don't really miss it, but I do miss the idea of it. Used to just eat a whole pack of jerky watching animu to relax on weekend nights. Now... I guess I still have my quaker oats lol.

This is false.

This is false.

Is sugar really necessary? I like the taste of chicken, and I'm cutting as much sugar as possible.

Yeah dude don't follow the recipe that's cool. You should also still call it a brine and then give it a 1 star review after listing the many changes you've made. Totally fine.

How much sugar do you think this actually adds to the chicken? Jesus. Do you think when you make french fries you count the Cals in the vat of oil they are fried in?

Someone gave you a legit recipe for chicken that will literally last for two weeks and taste 2x better and be juicier than 'normal' chicken. FUCKING DO IT.

>DR Rhonda Patrick
absolute fucking based

THAT NIGGA EATIN BEANS

Attached: Bean Boy.jpg (1360x3024, 703K)

List of chemicals: tin

cholesterol levels in your blood rise in order to protect it, cholesterol is bad meme was debunked years ago

Doesnt matter