QTDDTOT

im 5 days into my cut. i needed to have my finger stitched up so i wont be able to lift for ~2 weeks. what can i do to minimize gains lost? should i go back to bulking / maintenence while i cant lift?

Attached: 1521308160901.jpg (600x576, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CaLd-dXkVNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unironically try /fast/ing, you'll lose weight quickly and retain the most muscle

When I do certain stretches, it feels like my upper-abs "lock-out" and I'm in intense pain for 5-10 seconds

so, I thought I had a possible epigastric hernia (I've made an appointment at the doctor to double-check)
but now I'm almost convinced that I have either dislocated floating ribs, OR just intense abdominal muscle spasms

have any other anons delt with either of these?

Attached: worried_Wojak.jpg (322x322, 15K)

I also have a question about maintenance. I was doing ppl 4-6 times a week with pretty heavy volume for a couple months but I'm not near a gym for now. I've been doing bodyweight most days and going to a friend's every other day but he has a very low number of plates.

I can make it to the gym once every week or two. Going to try to hit as much strength lifts as I can in those sessions.

How long can I keep my gains doing this for.

Should I eat some beef liver,im a brainlet who doesn't know if its unhealthy

Is it pretty much guaranteed that you’ll be bretty big if you hit 1/2/3/4?

Attached: D6227D8A-1A5E-41F0-B39F-265330E21109.jpg (432x412, 27K)

You'll look like you lift weights. Big is pretty relative my guy.
Get there and see, chances are you'll want to get more by the time you achieve 1/2/3/4

only if you hit it for 10 reps desu. You can hit 1/2/3/4 super easy on a strength based routine but you'll still look dyel.

It's fine if you're not predisposed to gout, it's fairly vitamin dense which is a plus.

How do you meet people at the gym?

Go up to them and introduce yourself. If they're wearing headphones it's 50/50 they don't want people to talk to them.

I would really like some toy dinosaurs. Never had them as a child...

Just buy some my guy. Probably pretty easy to find at a dollar/poundstore in your respective region.

Is it a bit early if I am considering buying whey after 3 working out?

> h-he feel for the whey meme lmao

Yes because I struggle getting 130-150g of protein every single day.

Who the fuck wears headphones to avoid people? Might as well build a homegym if you hate talking to people that much. I wear headphones for the music and if someone wants to chat then I take them out.

3 months*

Dunno, I like talking to people in the gym and in general. Just my experience.
If you feel you need it, it's not going to hurt you in any way. Just watch your calorie intake.

I'm not one of those guys who hates talking to people but, some days I just want to get in and get out ya know?

i can play with plastic dinos for hours.

HOURS

>but you'll still look dyel.

WHAT AM I DOING ALL THIS FOR THEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: reeeeeeee.jpg (900x900, 261K)

Should a skinnyfat try to hit 1/2/3/4 before their first cut?

Is an extremely tight/sore lower back normal after heavy deadlifts, or is that just an indication that my form is shit?

To progress along your journey to being a better looking and healthier/more confident person. If it was easy everyone would be jacked bud.
I would, it's good to build a strength base, if not 1/2/3/4 then at least something significantly stronger than you currently are. It comes pretty quickly.

You might be over extending your back.
Arching like a cat isn't the only way to do it incorrectly. I had a similar problem for a time.
Stabilize your core, keep it as neutral as possible. Perhaps take a video from the side and see if you can catch a form critique thread if we still have them.

Why do people on here advise PPL but don't recommend brosplits? As far as I can tell they're the same thing.

Let’s say there was a female you regular run into who you had a crush on but became a complete autist around her, but around other people that you both see regularly you act normally.
Do women notice selective autism?

PPL lets you hit the same muscle group twice in a week vs. brosplits only permitting the muscle group to be targeted once.
There are brosplit programs that work but PPL is well regarded because it allows consistent linear progress.

They might, depends how observant they are to social cues and behavioral differences.
The fact that you're capable of behaving like a normal person in front of others should be a positive because you know that you could potentially act that way in front of her.
Don't overthink it so much is my advice.
>unironically jus b urself

What are stomach vacuums and what do they do?

It's an isometric abdominal exercise that targets your transverse abdominals.
It's used in bodybuilding to make the midsection appear more slim when contracted.
Here's Zane doing one while posing.

Attached: frank-zane.jpg (1090x613, 63K)

It's no joke. I'm skinny fat, and almost 10 lbs down in 4 days.

depends how tall you are. a 5'6" manlet like me looks pretty good at those stats. lanklets can still look a bit thin at those stats.

There are these two high school kids at my gym (boy and girl) that are constantly making out with each other and groping each other in the weight room.
Would it be autistic for me to complain to the gym staff about it? It’s annoying

When I squat I feel some weakness in my knee. Can't really explain it well, it just feels as if there's a littel bit of weakness and it doesn't make me too confident. I also regularely have some knee pain, but that might be because of standing all day at work.

Are there things I can do, exercise or otherwise, to strengthen my knee?

I notice when I raise my toes while squatting the weight gets directed more to my heels and this results in less pain after the squat, but there is still some 'sensation' of weakness and pain regardless.

Because it's fucking funny to walk into a gym as a dyel and put up bigger numbers tham the bros

do they have any point besides making your midsection look slimmer?

how much do I have to lift to LOOK big though (not DYEL)

2/3/4/5 ?????

5/6/7/8

don't complain, just call them out on it if they do it right in front of you. something like "c'mon guys we've all been in love but we're here to work out"

should work if even one of them is capable of embarrassment.

I'm doing 3 sets of everything on pic related since i can't go to the gym atm is it a waste of time?

Attached: total-abs-workout.jpg (930x1316, 215K)

what the fuck

Do you want to get big or not?

Attached: 35DDCEC8-2A97-474E-8302-46FD1267B2A9.jpg (310x163, 19K)

somebody posted some exercises for forearms few days ago. it was something like rolling a barbell down to your fingertips and then clenching your hand to grip the barbell. you do it in a standing position. anybody knows the name/what i'm talking about?

if not what exercises are good to build the wrist area of your forearms?

you guys are going to con me into the world's strongest man, or kill me

What workouts would I want to do to, to get back gains as soon as possible?
I feel like shoulders and a broad back is what separates Jow Forums and dyel

to look big as a natty you're going to need to pick a few upper body parts (preferably ones that are already big) and really concentrate on getting them to pop. big chest and big arms are the easiest ones to spot, though big traps, shoulders or back will get attention too. don't worry about going over a 3pl8 dl or squat unless you personally care about the numbers. if you can get 3 sets 10 good reps of bench with 2 pl8s you're gonna look big. especially if you add some moderately heavy accessories.

What are some good ankle and hip mobility exercises to help me squat better?

down dog is great for squat mobility as is trikona asana.

I've seen a couple people laying on the floor in the smith machine and pushing the bar with their feet. But the leg press machine was free.
Are they being retarded or is it a legit exercise?
They also halfsquat in the smith with their feet like half a meter in front of the bar.

Attached: 1519750888110.jpg (606x592, 57K)

>>im 5 days into my cut. i needed to have my finger stitched up
That's not how you should do the cut.

I changed my diet a few weeks ago (mainly cutting out wheat and replacing it with high fibre grains) and oats make me fart constantly.

Will this pass or am I doomed to a life full of flatulences?

Looking for a simple HIIT workout. Found this.

Any takes?

Most should be able to complete four burpees in 10 sec but damn I hate them. If I can get 5 rounds out of it, that would be 60 burpees. That alone is a good workout.

Attached: cardiopro-darebee.png (547x733, 293K)

>if you can get 3 sets 10 good reps of bench with 2 pl8s you're gonna look big. especially if you add some moderately heavy accessories.

>tfw my chest never grows and is probably my weakest lift

that's why you should concentrate on it. for a while stop about progressing on your other lifts and just save energy for the bench. look up form videos to make sure you're not missing anything obvious. make sure you hit chest at the beginning of the workout and twice a week.

My shoulders suck and I struggle to do a single plate bench press. Is there an alternative I can use in place for the 1/2/3/4 ?

Why is my OHP so shit? I can’t progress past 115 no matter how hard I try

I want to get stronger and then achieve looks, have been doing 5x5 for a while but 1/2/3/4 seems interesting also

I work a manual labour job 7am-5pm most days and have a glass of milk with protein powder for dinner. Should I change the protein powder to the morning before I leave or does it really matter?

why do you say that like the two are mutually exclusive?

or are you mixing up 1/2/3/4 with 5/3/1?

How 2 get big if I'm already near my goal weight?

my shoulders are ALWAYS cracking, and popping

what are the best shoulder mobility exercises?

If I eat protein per lb of my bodyweight, continue to lift but cut will I maintain some of my gains? I've only been lifting for 3 months and have made strength gains but little visual gain , and i'm still skinnyfat, but I want to at least be ottermode for summer (which is around 2-3 months away in my country)

About to do a whey shake. What should I put besides bananas, whey powder and strawberries? And mix everything with what, milk?

Yes if you don't overdo the cut, aim for a 20% cut or so.
I think you should keep lifting on maintenance calories though, you won't be impressive as a skelly and if you're skinnyfat and lifting for just 3 months you don't have that much muscle.

dunno lol
check allan thrall recent OHP video, lots of good advice and common mistakes there

Thanks user, I just wanna look good for summer, I'm sick of being skinnyfat. I'll keep eating at maintenance and working my ass off until summer

Attached: 12 - jk6DCdd.jpg (650x842, 58K)

Trying to get my girl to build a monster ass and she likes lifting , but her knee hurts when she does squats, more so when she keeps her weight on her heels. What do? Keep her on machines? Not like she plays sports hard an more, mainly for looks.

How do i get a feminine body?
almost like picture related

Attached: 7cf.jpg (2583x4096, 730K)

Would you consider chest flys a push or pull exercise?

pull

It's easy user. All you have to do is suck starting your dads shotgun.

Isn't it Push (chest/triceps) Pull (back/biceps) ?

Would you really do chest on a pull day?

@user who wants to be a trap

Attached: 7C7A52F3-6AE6-4708-BDB3-6DD6B0685241.jpg (1432x2020, 553K)

Girl asked me to have a devil’s threeway with her and her fb don’t know if I should do it have any of you had any experience with it? How should I act with the guy etc?

Attached: A518629E-91DA-461B-9E85-DE343E6DDA42.jpg (526x400, 76K)

is flour fit approved? I.e. for wraps/ pita

How do I go from
>she just made eye contact with me again, it’s probably nothing, I don’t want to bother her
To
>she just made eye contact with me again, she must want to fuck, better go talk to her

That sounds really gay desu. Tell her you want to fuck but not with another dude

I have a bruised tailbone and I want to train abs. I can't do sit ups because of pressure on my ass hurts the tailbone. What can I do as an alternate workout?

Hey guys, me and my friend are in an argument of whether cardio should be done before or after your workouts. They are saying it has to be done after or else it will kill gains. After reading the sticky it doesnt say when it should be done so I was wondering if you all could help enlighten the both of us

>5’7
>155 lbs
>internet says I’m not overweight
>still look fat af
Do I maintain or lose weight? Will I eventually get rid of all the fat with more gym time? Wat do?

Attached: image.jpg (631x627, 270K)

hanging leg raises/knee raises

Is regularly psyching yourself up for heavy compound lifts a bad idea? I notice when I psych myself up with music my focus, my form and most importantly my strength output all improve. Are there any downsides?

You’re probably very low in muscle mass while still having a considerable amount of fat i.e. skinnyfat. It’s really your call. Do you wanna get bigger first? Bulk. Do you want to lose the fat first? Cut. Either way you should start lifting.

What should I bulk up to? 165lbs? More?

I get knee pain whenever I leave my knee bended for a while but it doesn't hurt while lifting unless I fuck up my form so I kept lifting. I've had it for weeks now but I made an appointment with a physio clinic for next tuesday since it isn't going away and when I drive for more than 30minutes it starts hurting like hell

Should I keep lifting before the appointment?
Do physiotherapists know their shit or is he just going to tell me to rest for a month and send me my way?
Should I mentally prepare for a penis inspection?

First time going to a physio btw

Attached: 1523330727054.jpg (1078x1332, 516K)

I have significant bitch tits. Will doing bench press make it worse? If so, should I stick to incline bench?

Is it possible to gain muscle while losing fat at a caloric deficit, assuming I consume a metric fuckton of protein?

Attached: 1522944365460.jpg (2560x1060, 568K)

yes if you're a noob but it doesn't work like that
scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/

Attached: LoseFatGainMuscle[1].jpg (800x450, 36K)

skinny fat here cutting down on a -500 deficit but i want to get rid of my bodyfat, currently around 18%. Should i try fasting like 1 or 2x a week while doing an upper/lower split i feel like eating at a -500 deficit takes to long.

Guys I need advice. Okay, so there's been this girl who I thought was giving me some hardcore signals. Once she layed across me on the citybus to "reach" someone else, she's also felt up my forearms saying that I look muscular and even today when I was working and there were a million other spots she sat next to me and started talking to me. So after all of these signs I decided to ask her out on a date and she said maybe but just as friends. Could one of you guys pls tell me what to do cause I really don't like the idea of going on the date now that I feel betrayed by my feelings and also is fit4less a good gym?

Attached: IMG_5259.jpg (399x551, 60K)

>5/6/7/8
>world's strongest man

You'd need at least 5/7/10/11 and there are guys who rep those out.

youtube.com/watch?v=CaLd-dXkVNo

Some days I really feel like I've progressed a lot, size-wise. Others, I look myself in the mirror and feel weak and scrawny.

Is this dysmorphia or just lighting/pump fucking my perception?

are any of them not fat?

Bump

probably dysmorphia, for me it usually depends on my mood

it will never be enough

If you actually wanna get big you’d probably have to bulk up to 185 over the course of a year or so.

I am sorely regretting not making a proper naked front picture to compare progress...

First of all, no. No exercise makes breast tissue grow. On another note, are you fat or do you actually have full blown gyno? Because that’s bitch tits. If you’re fat then you’re just fat. Completely normal to have tissue around your chest then.