/fat loss/ thread

How is your cut going? What is your diet and routine?

Attached: 1523479522210.jpg (666x666, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiontactics.com/measure-muscle-protein-synthesis/#7_How_to_optimize_muscle_protein_synthesis_nutrition_guidelines
youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I’ve lost 25 lbs this year
Just eating less, mostly meat and vegetables. Some berries. Protein shakes

What was your starting weight?
Are you counting cals?

2 weeks of 18/6 intermittent fasting 170>164.
I can't recommend this method enough, for me it's the easiest way to make less calories more satisfying. I know I'm just starting but It's painless and I see no reason to stop

205. I counted calories at first but now that I know how much food is too much I stopped really counting and just judge by volume based on what I know the calorie content of certain foods is

Can you recommend a good webpage which clearly explains the method you use. I have "baby fat" which is exceedingly difficult to work off. I'm longer fat in most of my body but I still have a potbelly, boyish cheeks, and large hips and ass

>make less calories more satisfying
my friend keeps talking about fasting like its some magic voodoo shit. At least you have an understanding of what is really going on.

Really good source, I've used it myself

>How is your cut going?

It's going well. Losing about a pound a week. Currently 240 aiming for 230.

>What is your diet and routine?
4700calories, high protein, high fat, lowish carbs. Carbs are usually 80 to 120ish grams. Plenty of greens and ONIONS. I don't bother trying to be ultra precise. Low dose mk677 for sleep and beautiful skin.

As far as lifting goes my strength is still the same. Deadlifts, bench, squats, weighted chins, farmers walks and push press make up my routine.

Also high fat diets with plenty of coffee makes me feel energized but not jittery all day.

>4700calories
are you the mountain by any chance?

this has to be trolling, nobody can be this delusional.

No, just tall and fairly active.

Holy fuck, a cut at ~5000 kcals, are you stuffing most of that straight up your ass?

Long story short, ~3 years ago I was 350 pounds. I got down to 188 last summer, but bounced back and now I've been hovering around 215-220 for most of the last year. My goal weight is 175 lbs. I just binged hardcore the last few days, looking for some advice on how to power through the end of this multi-year-long cut. I've been drinking extra water (before and after meals), eating nutritiously (as much as I can muster) and tryin to fill my day up with stuff to do so I don't just bored eat, but I still fuck up all the time, and usually any deficit I've accomplished over the course of a week is nullified by binging on a weekend. So FUCK boys, how do I do it?

Attached: 200_s.gif (364x200, 34K)

Down about 7lbs. Just cut my calories by 25% and it’s been pretty consistent. Added cardio to my routine too

Started at 6'1 240 25%

started cutting at 2200 with occasional 25mgE + lots of caffeine

lost 10 lbs in the first week from glycogen depletion

losing 1-2 lbs a week now, down to 227 a couple days ago, aiming for 200 15%

How to cut withouth losing strength and continuing muscle growth?
Simple.
Dont fall for the keto/if shit.
nutritiontactics.com/measure-muscle-protein-synthesis/#7_How_to_optimize_muscle_protein_synthesis_nutrition_guidelines
Very easy if you're not atleast advanced level regarding mass/lifts.

Attached: 1510311488667.jpg (1280x1912, 854K)

Try putting a picture of yourself at your heaviest on your fridge or something. If you're eating out of boredom, the realisation that you don't want to be a fat fuck every time you get something to eat might stop you.

I think it's acombination of bored eating and stress/emotional eating. I like your suggestion, but I think I'm gonna spin it and instead put a picture of my goal physique on the fridge (Spiderman).

Attached: spidey.jpg (736x735, 96K)

226->198 boys

1.5 months 22h fasting and 3000cals a day per meal. 48h fast once a week
good luck.

Do whatever you need to break out of bad habits. Good luck.

Keto at 20% deficit started early January.
218->186.5 this morning.
I still look like shit but I'm not stopping until 165.

why bother with muscle if your body fat covers it anyway. you can eat a bunch of protein while keto or fast
youve come far, what you need to do is learn to eat healthy and rid yourself of binging. read every label and KNOW that any sugars or transfat is bad for you and anything that is processed is full of these 2 things.

215->160 in 6.5 months or so. First cut in like 6-7 years.

I do IF (currently 18/6), eat 1200-1300 cals 6 days a week and around 2500 cals once a week to refeed.

No significant strength loss so far, if anything I've making gains on some lifts I'd lagged at for several years.

Anons, I think I fucked up.
I've been trying to lose weight and it was going pretty well until today.
(For context I'm F, 5'9 and 158 pounds)

What I did was consuming 1200 calories in nuts in 20 minutes. I was just relaxing after a cardio session and decided to open a pack of cashews and instead of doing the normal thing of serving a small portion and putting away the package I ate from the package like a dumb cunt.
I want to lose this stupid tummy fat but I think I just set myself back 2 weeks.
Should I be worried?

Attached: A8RbEWr.png (608x673, 354K)

>hurr why bother decreasing bf% by building muscle

The pic on fridge thing is good, but when you're deep into a cut (fairly lean and past a couple months in), stims help a ton. Get some sugar free gum and 200 mg caffeine taps at a local supplement store. Take one at 8 AM (or whenever your breakfast is), one at 12 or 1 PM (or whenever your lunch is) and one at 5 PM (don't push this one later if you eat dinner late, you'll be up all night). This helped immensely in my cut. Willpower is great blah blah blah, but you still have to function on a cut.

Also, learn not to eat by the clock if you still are. If you're not hungry for your next meal yet, have those calories later.

e-everyone?

i don't see what the problem is femanon. If you want to make it have the willpower to not eat anything else the rest of the day and get back on track tomorrow.

1200 calories shouldnt be two weeks progress btw unless you're eating at a small ass deficit and losing like 1 pound a month or less lol

No, don't worry. I cheat on my diet once a week.

You'll hold excess water for a couple days but you'll piss it off as you get depleted again. One day binges aren't ideal or okay, but it's not a big setback.

Maybe work in regular cheat meals (like once every ten days or so) so this doesn't happen.

Also, tits or gtfo.

Just fast the rest of the day(or however long you need for 1200 Cal). This will teach you not to binge.

>228 lbs
>224 lbs
>227 lbs
>223 lbs
2 days between each measurments, are these normal fluctuations all people experience?
I'm not dry fasting or something, not on creatine either just lifting 4 times a week.

Attached: kristen-stewart-1167118.jpg (1280x804, 134K)

yes, especially if you drink a lot of water, eat big meals and don't shit regularly

literally the way to lose weight is to diet properly and walk or exercise. you cant lose weight and build muscle at the same time, you wont get any results untill years later.

Kek

not sure if you're aware op but there is an eternal /fat/ thread that has discussions like this

are you fucking retarded dumbass

if you increase muscle mass you are also decreasing body fat percent (so long as you don't increase body fat too much at the same time)

cutting and saving muscle mass = less bf% than cutting and losing muscle mass

god you people are fucking mongs

>>>Fatloss
>>>Ay bb let me build some mooscles

Went from 270 to 240 just eating less. This past month I started lifting again for the first time in 4 years.
>Old man at 25

The past month i've tracked calories all the way down to 1700 which for me is a 600 deficit.

Am I stalling out or building newb muscle again?

OMAD right now. Went from 217 @ 21% BF on March 1 to ~205 @ 18% BF on April 1 (used one of those biometric scan thingies for the %s). Kinda plateau'd; weighed in at 204 this morning, so needing some motivation.

Doing a 3-day PPL, and doing pseudo-HIIT cardio and abs on the off days. shits going well (aside from the plateau)

Attached: 1374542606158.jpg (500x668, 134K)

I've gone 260-230, lifting again for first time in 4 - 5 years, 26 years old, eating 1800 which is around a 500-600 deficit.

I feel like we are in same situation.

I started on SL5x5 for 2 months then onto an upper lower 4 day split. When I was on SL5x5 I defo built strength pretty fast but I ended up stalling out HARD due to the calorie deficit so thats why I changed routine. To be fair we are probably only gaining a small amount of muscle ya know newb gains muscle memory all that other broscience but I think it's true to a degree. Defo noticing biceps, pecs and legs looking better but probably just due to BF% dropping.

Good shit man keep it up, as will I

5-7 lbs more and i will be at 10% according to math.
any anons have some recommendations to making it?
more HIIT? more slow cardio?
just keeping eating healthy?
unironically le >onion meme?

Clen like skittles

Lost 26 lbs this year so far. I skip breakfast and eat between 2-8pm which is prolly some kind of intermittent fasting shit, but its just easier for me not to go over that way. I moved my deficit (down?) to -1000kcal/day as well. 6 more lbs by the first week of May and I can bulk again. Went from 222-196, I want to see 190 just once.

I do 3x1 hour a week full body made up of the big 5 then some dickery with accessory work. As far as diet goes I eat lots of chicken thighs (because fuck breasts for at lot of good reasons), plain non-fat greek yogurt, a spinach salad, eggs, only drink water or coffee, shit like that most of the time. I get a cheat meal a week to go over limit and if I feel like it I still get McDonald's as long as its within my calories/macros for the day. Just finished eating eggs with tuna.

Tomorrow is FUCKING SQUATTIN DAY BREHS.
youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

Hello fellow old faggots.

going ok. 1lb/wk.

but today i slipped and ate 4000cals....i'm supposed to be cutting at 1800.

this is what happens when i think im too good for EC.

How did you lose 10 pounds in a month? Was that your first/only moth of cutting? if so, that might have all been water weight and you may need to recheck your caloric intake/deficit numbers. I kinda wanted to ask you what you were eating though, so tell us.

i'm actually bulking. i don't care what season it is

I started in February, so close enough I guess.

My meal was roughly 1 cup cooked rice, 1 chicken breast, 1 cup brocolli (tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and broiled in the oven for like 10 mins) and a half a can of black beans. I'd snack on about 1/2 cup of almonds right after just to round it out.

He's gunna make it.

I'm doing EC and still hungry 24/7. Can't wait to just get back to maintenance..this shit is killing me.

That's all you ate in one day?

hmmm....maybe u're eating unsatiating high carb tasty garbage.

Did you activate the almonds first?

yeah. that's all i have been eating each day. maybe 2 or 3 days since ive started i just have a burrito bowl at chipotle instead, but that's all.

i do black coffee in the AM, and a lot of water.

Attached: 1252018826470.jpg (490x488, 20K)

High protein clean as fuck diet (kale, spinach, sweet potato, chicken, oats, eggs, etc.).

Tbh it's because I am doing a contest prep diet that entails eating 6 small meals a day and each meal always leaves you still hungry so you are never truly satisfied. I found intermittent fasting a lot easier but this is suppose to be better for retaining muscle mass.

6'2", 250 in HS
Accidental bulk to 300 in college
Fatfuck.mpeg
Lose 85 lbs in 4 months at 23
No loose skin because lifted all throughout
Bulk back up to 250
Fatfuckv2.jpg
233 today
Goal is 195
Gonnamakeit.gif

Attached: 1522436298370.jpg (970x840, 217K)

it's been a month since I started intermittent fasting
lost 5 pounds
no idea how much of the weight loss was water weight

>36lbs
>Little over two montsh.
>Limit myself to 500-700 calories a day
>OMAD
Diet
>150-300 calories a meat a day
>2-4 cups of veggies.(mostly frozen stir fry mix)
>Past three days have been eating 5 cups of spinach a day
Colon is clean now boys.

I've lost 80 pounds so far, since december when i was 290 at my biggest, my goal is to get to 150 by october.

Attached: progress.png (1440x1440, 2.08M)

Bust my balls all day yesterday and only got 4 hours of sleep last night.
After my morning workout I felt cold lethargic and had brainfog and my joints ached all day.
Only the coffee kept me going.

Decided to have lunch at the 16 hour mark and I felt more energetic and warmer.

The fuck is all of this.

Anywho...
I'm about 16.8% bodyfat according to calculator.com AND my total daily calories is about 2800 3200 calories. Which is maintenance.
And I feel sick and stuffed.
And I feel

>dat pic
wow
they should have sent a poet

While your logic is sound and that your body fat % would decrease in relation to the rest of your body if you put on muscle while keeping body fat stagnant, it still doesn't mean much particularly for those that are quite high in body fat. 40lb of fat is still 40lb of fat regardless of whether it now accounts for eg. 20% or 15% of your body

4 months 8 kg lost

As of today 67 pounds lighter since July. Just got below 220. At 5'7. Still a ways to go.

Attached: 0413180041-1.jpg (1826x2205, 559K)

Keep it up Spider-user

Greg Nuckols is that you?

5'11
220 -> 185.6 as of this morning
aprox. 1500 calories per day
Started mid January

No way you're 220 lbs, you're definitely like 250, check your scale is on a hard surface or something

Im 5'7" and your like 250-260 bro. Your scale is fucked.

I'm losing weight but I feel and look as fat as ever. I have liver and kidney problems that are currently being diagnosed so hopefully this explains it and I don't have to cut even harder.

>160 => 138, 5'5" manlet, chink, somewhat skinnyfat, calipers at 18%bf
>goal weight 130 dry, 14%bf cutting since mid-jan '18
>been fattening up due to uni/hackathon lifestyle, inactive due to research n work
>diet: 1st week psmf+omad, transition to keto+omad, ~900kcal/d, proteins: 4oz fish (fresh tilapia or salmon), chicken (8oz for breast, 6oz for thigh, or two drums), sometimes 2 egg omelet or a keto protein bar
>veggies: 35g fiber target; 3cups turnip greens and 2cups spinach or med. avocado, 300g broccoli and 15-20 spears of thin asparagus, end each meal with 1.5 tbsp of psyllium husk into a coffee
>fats: walnuts and almonds or that avocado, just to fill up the rest of the calorie target
>supps: 600mg dha/epa fish oil, a one-a-day, and 2 combined zn/mg/ca/d3 pills

>lifted in high school/freshman since was in track and boxing, getting back into it
>focused on strength conditioning but programming some oly movements
>squats (front or hb back) 5x12 + 4x5, high clean/snatch pull or rdl 8x5, light cleans or snatches for triples, some accessories like push press or ohs
>pulldowns and rows 5x12 or ohp and delt raises 5x12, followed by dips or pullups til burnout
>commute by mtn bike at heavy pace

i had fucked up last week after pulling an all-nighter and inhaled a rueben, a triple cheeseburger, a burrito, and some panda express (though i wasn't hungry, most of cutting is psychological) but spent 3hrs in the gym and an hour spinning, fasted for 24hrs and lost a pound since.

Starting weight 216lbs
4 weeks of 700 calories deficit (2200 cal)
Now at 208 (even after I binged 3 days during Easter break)

Fast till 12 pm then eat 1000 cal lunch. Then around 7 I get 1000 cal dinner and have 200 calories left for snacks or protein shake

lost 27kg but been stuck at same weight for 2 months because im weak willed. today is the day i get back to it though... for real this time...

Attached: 13f.gif (498x594, 97K)

1kg is 7000kcal you mong
You haven't even gone past maintenance yet

5'11" 175ish
Was 183 but have started running/sprints everyday and squat heavy every other day. legs feel dead when running after squatting.
Still eat like a fat ass, at least its all clean food.

Attached: 1522656148122.jpg (687x960, 132K)

Keep it up, doing great

Only done with my first week of cutting but I think I finally found a daily meal plan that I won't get sick of and that gives me decent protein at just under 1600 calories in a day so I can maintain a 2lb/week loss rate. Here's hoping I can keep it up. I also hope I can come up with a different meal plan so I can have a little variety while still meeting my high protein goals. Started at 212, weighed in yesterday at 206, goal is 130 lbs at 5 foot 6, 27 years old.

bought this two days ago bros

Did I fuck up? I feel like I have a ton more energy now though

Attached: hdfire-1.png (450x215, 32K)

>IF
kys faggot.

Attached: 1523572788329.gif (350x197, 1.94M)

I quit drinking a month or so ago and have GAINED weight. Probably because I no longer forget to eat and working out more stimulates my appetite more. My bfp is about the same, my lifts are naturally up and health should be better in general but I still look as fat as before.

Attached: 5bfee12baefaf6a94f9983f555ad865c.jpg (638x547, 19K)

I feel like I've hit a wall and completely fell off the fucking wagon. I'm 6'3" and went from 315 down to 230. I'm still a fat fuck but suddenly what was all so easy before feels impossible. I am hungry all the time and crave food 24/7. I haven't gained or lost weight in 4 months but I'm also trying hard as shit every day to not just binge. What the fuck is going on?

If you've been a fat fuck for a long time it takes the body and mind some time to adapt to the new "normal". Plenty of things need to recover, both somatic and psychological.

It could also be that you need to check things like your macros and the satiety indexes of the foods you eat and perhaps even get some lab work (fasting blood sugar etc). It's not out of the question that you're pre-diabetic or worse.

how did you lose 85kg in 4 months?

Woo. Nuther 2.5lbs down. 106lbs gone so far.

Feels good. Not eating today till 5 again (porridge). Intermittent fasting is a godsend, especially when I get to have a huge meal of chicken breast, veggies n rice at the end of the night.

>started having stomach issues last year
>symptoms line up perfectly with irritable bowel syndrome
>tried eating pizza today and two slices made my stomach feel like it was being ripped in half

It’s like a positive hidden in a negative, which is also benefitting my cut. I haven’t been able to eat anything fried, greasy, or coated in cheese without my gastro system shitting itself.

Cut is going well. Eating porridge, chicken, apples, spinach, kale, and the occasional potato. Trying to stay around 1,200 calories a day. Been going for almost two weeks now, already lost seven pounds (not all from this cut, I’ve been eating healthy for like three and a half weeks total but only starters cutting seriously within the past two). Hoping to lose ten pounds or so over the next four weeks before tank top season starts.