Increasing Crunches

I need to increase my crunches for a PT test which I need to take in about a month and a half. Anyone have tips on increasing crunches? Should I do them with weight? Reps? Not really sure of the best means to do it.

Attached: crunches.jpg (840x420, 53K)

With weight for sure, but be sure to control it and make sure it doesn't lean forward as you crunch up. It's very easy to cheat these without noticing.

I do my ab training with weight to start and then once I can't do that, I just keep doing reps to near failure without weight.

So I need to get up to at least 100 and I just started back after doing almost no ab work for 4 years and only was about to do 50 in 2 minutes(I know shameful). I am hoping that I get some sort of newb gains to those numbers just starting to do them again.

Why the fuck do physical test still involve crunches? There're many more better ways to test your core strength

I dunno, but I have got to get better at them.

Do crunches until exaustion. Three times a day.

weighted or unweighted?

Stop being a fucking fat body and eat that sodex chicken everyday.

I am civ div bruh.

Considering going back into the reserves though as a grand old man of the Marine Corps. Need to pass a PFT for the PSR to put me in.

The reason physical fitness tests still generally revolve around push ups, sit ups, pull ups, and running is that they don't really require any equipment and have easy to measure results

Unweighted. Do as many as you can in a minute then do them until exaustion. It's going to suck.

Crunches are shit. I'd drop whatever was trying to make me do that lame shit.

Be bros with your counter. A Marine that doesn't max his crunches is a Marine without friends.

Oh don't get me wrong. I am banking on that but I want to be sure I can do the minimum before I go to the school house.

If you need to do more crunches just do more crunches, weight won't translate to rep number much, for example I can do a dozen pushups with 70kg on my back, but doing over 30 without weight is tough unless I specifically train to do max amount of pushups for a week.

what
said

also figure out how exactly the crunches are gonna be done at the pt test, there are tons of variations, some easier some harder.

Lmao you’re still in school and already can’t do enough crunches?? Did you cheat during boot camp too? Jesus Christ the state of our military. We are fucked in ww3

Exactly this. Honestly doesn't take very long to get your numbers up if you focus on it, it just blows to do hundreds of crunches every day

If they want reps? do reps, burn those abs and eat proteins and sugars.

Crunches are fucking easy. If you actually do any core work you will easily get the top score if you practice the form a little bit

You autist, can you not read..

The state of our military.

I've been out for 7 years.

You just gotta do some everyday, just like pullups. I'm sure you remember training for PFT's back in the day, do what you did back then