Barbell press vs dumbbell press

Which one are you doing fit and why?

Attached: 4564546848.jpg (790x410, 48K)

Both

/thread

Dumb bell press, I feel the chest more, instead of shoulders.

mostly barbell, just feels better to me.

Barbell for flat bench, dumbbell for incline

Close grip paused barbell bench = GOAT

Dips only. My chest just exploded.

Attached: 1513900705520.jpg (320x398, 27K)

that's a tricep exercise.

Blahino begone

Same, actually;

literally

Currently, barbell. Doing a strength mesocycle.

I do dumbbell because I don't have a spotter or else I would do barbell

Dumbbell.
When I first started lifting I fucked up because and nearly killed myself benching so now I only do it if I have a spot, even light weight.

Both because i'm not a whiny bitch

weighted dips

word, same here

Decline Barbell is GOAT

Do barbell you fucking faggot, you're missing out on tons of ROM. Just dont use clips so you can bail safely

Barbell is objectively better

That being said I do both

Both. Barbell for incline, dumbbells for flat.

Dumbbell. I'm rehabbing a shoulder injury, and I feel like dumbell provides less assistance to the weaker arm.

i don't mean the bodybuilding style close grip with hands super close together im talking about biacromial width grip or slightly wider.

my bench and chest exploded since using it as my main movement and my pressing power in general too. it's the best bang for your buck bench variation because it's a long range of motion, safe on shoulders, and hits pecs just as well as a wide grip

Decline bench is a meme. Dips ftw

Same, 3x5-3x10 close grip 3 second pause at the bottom made my strength explode as well as break a plateau

Since i didnt have barbell till tonight, I was doing Floor Dumbbell press. I only had 30 kilos of weights too so I was doing 4x30 on them like a retard.

Yep. Pausing especially.
I understand now why so many people talk shit about the bench not improving their pecs. it's because they're not doing it right

Monday

Flat chest - barbell
Incline - Dumbbell

Thursday

Incline - Barbell
Flat chest - Dumbbell

Why is decline a meme? For some reason I am able to push much heavier barbell presses on the decline. I’m 180 pounds and can push 315. Flat bench can’t get close to that. Anybody know why?

this

Just because you recruit more muscle fibers. Think please.

Dumbbell for high reps, flat and incline.

Everyone has a heavier decline bench. There are mechanical reasons for it I'm sure someone more educated than I could explain.

>3x5-3x10
So 6 sets total? Do you decrease weight for the last 3 sets?

Reduced Rom.

DB can have more ROM you mong.

what are you fucking weak?

These are hands down my favorite

Maybe I'm retarded, but what are you referring to when you say dips? Isn't dips a triceps exercise?

fpbp

this nigga gets it

dips hit your chest hard you chestlet

barbell press in a power or squat rack

this is the only fucking right answer, both for maxing out and for saftey reasons

Unironically neither. Started to wreck my shoulders.

Dumbbell incline is the only bench I do.

>wreck shoulders
>do incline

Barbell is a main lift, dumbbell is an auxiliary and can be used to add volume.

Change my mind.

Th-thanks bro

Lean forward as much as you can and go down slow. On the way back the movement should be explosive and when you are at the top, push more to detract the scapula and hold it there for 1-2 seconds, then repeat. If your chest is not burning after a few sets of these, you’re doing it wrong.

correct

Attached: thinking joshuu.png (215x229, 21K)

Fpbp

dumbell cause im weak and need symmetry

Easier on your rotator cuff desu