/fat/ - Learning to Cook at Home Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1513765514000.png (300x250, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/q7HrM3
youtube.com/watch?v=xQyZYPZT0tI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder that learning to cook for yourself is one of the life skills one can learn for themselves.

Speaking of which, what did you guys cook for breakfast, lunch or supper today?

>oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, bananas with a touch of cream.
>poached egg on whole wheat toast dry accompanied by black coffee.

Decent sized breakfast, but it was amazing.I fucking love oatmeal

yes. only went for half an hour because i had to do some things around the house but i was entirely fine. will start doing it every morning

i wish i could make myself like black coffee

Took a picture of my face this morning, and for the first time in my life I enjoyed the way I look. I still look at it and see an attractive person. The catch? When I try taking a picture now, I still think I look like a deformed freak. Do I have brain damage?

OMAD here. for lunch i boiled
>1 potato
>carrot
>asparagus
>enoki
>white mushroom
>broccoli
>1 egg
delicious with the right spices, kept me full until midnight

good going lad

try brewing half dosage, maybe less bitterness could help

Made chili for the week on sunday. Slow cooker is best girl.

dinner:
>reduced fat on pork belly, set aside
>added flour to pork belly fat to create a roux
>added milk to oil and flour mixture
>added cheddar and stirred till melted
>combined with cooked macaroni and pork belly

great mac and cheese. my policy is I can eat great food as long as its under my calorie limit.

Learn to fast. You wont starve.
Will power is key

90% diet and willpower

Attached: c8ee99.png (600x450, 375K)

I'm going to fast Friday. Eat 400 calories Saturday. Fast Sunday. Then Monday eat 3000 calories of burritos.

Willpower that could be put towards lifting and furthering your career

Fucking idiocy

if you're getting into running, great job. my advice is to start slowly. up the mileage over the course of several weeks. too much too fast will result in shin splints or worse.

Going to fast the next 3 days :)

Hopefully it'll balance out yesterdaya binge.

>lose 90 lbs since July
>realize there is a skeleton inside me
I don't know, in retrospect, having cushion is superior to hard protruding bone

Attached: 1462884177530.jpg (237x228, 27K)

DSM 5 CRITERIA FOR BULIMIA NERVOSA

>A. Recurrent episodes of binge eating
>Eating, in a discrete period of time, an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat during a similar period of time and under similar circumstances.
>A sense of lack of control over eating during the episode.
>B. Recurrent inappropriate compensatory behavior in order to prevent weight gain, such as self-induced vomiting; misuse of laxatives, diuretics, or other medications; fasting; or excessive exercise.

binge eating then fasting fits the diagnostic criteria for bulimia user

>oatmeal
>not the lower cal higher protein and fiber oat bran
step your porridge game up

>20 minutes 2 mile run + 30 minutes walk 4x a week
>3 pull-ups 4x a day
>10 push-ups 4x a day
>25 crunches 4x a day

How does this look? This is my current routine. How do I get better at it? What should I change?

Attached: 1523450573409.png (514x500, 344K)

So what do you suggest he do about it?

I don't have oat bran.

>sauteed some mushrooms yesterday
>realize I actually like mushrooms after thinking I hated them all my life

ANYBODY WHO IS EATING MULTIPLE MEALS PER DAY HERE IS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT

JOIN DISCORD FOR MORE DETAILS
discord.gg/q7HrM3

Attached: unnamed.jpg (503x486, 241K)

Kill himself
Alternatively, stop being so fucking childish

Looks good dude.

fuck off, discnig

Attached: 1493727314999.png (380x380, 235K)

accept your mistakes and move on like a man.

Last night I pan fried some chicken breast cutlets with a garlic and lemon butter sauce, also roasted some Brussels sprouts and carrots with olive oil. Shockingly low calorie meal if WolframAlpha isn't lying to me and kept me full all night.

>tfw used to get greasy garbage from the gas station for breakfast almost every day
>have been instead having oatmeal, 2 fried eggs, greek yogurt, and fruit every day for the last month
who else /makingit/

What's stopping you from getting some? Only costs me something around $1.15/lb, it isn't super expensive.

>fasting is under the same definition of burning up your insides via puking
Nah I laugh at your soy "logic". Stay mad tho.

How do I learn to cook healthy but tasty meals?

Attached: 1512956961564.jpg (743x800, 99K)

>Big guys are tough and harder to kill

>2 fried eggs
Greasy garbage.

what do you know how to cook user?

ex rugby player and linebacker here
dropped from 230lbs since christmas down to 204lbs

been doing heavy compound and iso lated machine lifts 3-4 times a week, very light cardio, anywhere from 1600-2200 calories a day since ive been counting past month and a half

should I
>a. Keep up the muscle routine and not change anything with diet to keep a steady but slow progression down to my targets of 175-180lbs?

b. cut lifting down to 3x a week and do a combination of HIIT and 30 minute jogs between lift days? will I fuck myself over appetite/muscle retention wise?

>c. say "fuck it" and undergo 1300-1600 calorie smoothie and greens diet cut and do medium to heavy cardio each day, with the risk of burning out?

Im worried that making changes might fuck up muscle and eating habits/needs. I am losing weight slowly, but some of that is due to muscle build up

What is your workout routine? I just like doing pull ups and biking.

what's wrong with fried eggs?

will fasting provide enough energy for lifting/cardio?
legit question

>2 eggs
>fried
wew lad, boil them
iirc a tablespoon of oil has like 100 kcal or some shit, even olive oil

spices, that's how i make my green tasty
shitload of garlic

lifting for chest and back
treadmill
push ups for lazier days

I've never thought about getting oat bran.

It's GREASY garbage. Thought you didn't want to still eat greasy garbage. Boil your eggs instead so you're just eating garbage. You don't need to extra fat of the oil.

Fuck off. I hope your parents die from cardiac arrest. I hope you’re there to see it

t. undisciplined faggot

Attached: 1510230808115.jpg (640x960, 121K)

Eating less is a hell of a lot easier and productive than spending all day working out to offset eating more.

Multiple smaller meals is proven more effective than one big meal.

I threw some chicken thighs and salsa in a slow cooker for dinner.

POST BODY THEN.

Are the fast threads legit or is it the new GOMAD + SS? Fasting seems a lot more promising than the conventional wisdom instilled in my throughout life leads me to believe.

>learning how to cook
Its literally the easiest thing in the world next to talking to girls

If you could read the following you can cook;

Step 1. Follow the instructions
Step 2. Have good timing
Step 3. Eat it.

hard to argue with my results and the results of everyone in our group

Attached: hah.jpg (334x535, 157K)

legit
Try it for your self if you're a fatty
I lost 12 lbs after a 7day fast

When should I stop doing PPL and move onto something else like Isolated workouts?

What results

If your here loosing weight is more importnat than lifting or cardio. Once keto hits your going to notice you cant do the same reps n shit you could before but you will be loosing weight like a mother fucker. Worry about lifting once you get to a normal weight

I've been on keto for like 6 weeks and I don't really feel strong enough to go into a grocery store.

Granted this is largely psychological. When I feel weak, my mind reinforces this idea and I just think I'm going to die at any time if I feel uncomfortable.

>I've been on keto for like 6 weeks and I don't really feel strong enough to go into a grocery store.
dont you think this is a problem? your diet should not be interfering with your lifestyle to this extent.

scroll up fatty

Just avoid basically all the aisles.

its a meme.
you become skinnyfat with a potbelly or a skelly. lift with a 500 cal deficit and you'll end up with muscle

You look almost the same. What results

>first summer in 10 motherfucking years i wont be wearing a god damn hoodie every time i go outside

FUCKING GLORIOUS

Well, I haven't been in a grocery store in years so it could just be nerves.

just go at like 6 am when they open. Lots of shit on sale and no one is in there. i used to be a recluse and man you just eventually get over it once you keep trying. like i used to peak out of the window blinds all day looking for people staring at me type shit, now i dont give a shit at all what people think.

He stopped being a sack of potatoes. He has the perfect base to build off.
SEETHING

>/fast/ is /sip/ incarnate

Attached: 1231728783.jpg (248x189, 18K)

Help me

Seethe all you want. innawoods’ pic agrees with what he’s saying

You're just ugly.

you have a self esteem issue and you just need to lose weight and find hobbies that you enjoy and friends you enjoy them with

literally nothing
>spices
what do i put spices on?

youtube.com/watch?v=xQyZYPZT0tI

Attached: 1482294098142.gif (500x434, 1.89M)

>>>>>>>>>>>>Implying you build any considerable muscle at all on a calorie deficit
This "lift while eating at a slight deficit" is the biggest meme of the decade

You’re Brad Pitt tier. Nothing to worry about. Is that what you fucking wanted to hear?
Please blow your head off on camera while you’re there

start with scrambled eggs and toast. the ultimate learner food. pepper the eggs when done.

Go back to /fast/ innawoods

i shouldn't be laughing at this, but nev

well it works a bit but you need to be aware you end up a skelly build with fat left at the typical places, like the stomach. because you don't train to get in better shape you also get less of the other benefits. so you end up skinny fat. but it works for you and you cant make progress any other way. its ok in a limited way

Attached: Fat brainlet.jpg (1135x1108, 248K)

never give up

>what do i put spices on?
literally everything. but seriously, it's just (mostly) calorie-free taste, so use it to your heart's content
i for one am a huge garlic fiend, i put garlic on everything. if it's boiled, i buy garlic salt and use that
then i started to replace packaged chili flakes with actual chili peppers, and despite my low chili tolerance, i kinda like it
then i discovered pic related and it's the most wonderful smelling and tasting spice i've tried
sometimes i put oregano/basil/mixed herbs just for shit and giggles, once i put too much and shit tasted herbal
i try to avoid MSG as much as possible
and don't forget white and black pepper
just experiment around user, it's your palate in the end

Attached: yeah baby.jpg (540x540, 29K)

>be getting on with average looking girl
>ask her out she says she just wants to be friends
>realise it’s because I’m a complete fat cunt at 252lbs as I do have a lot going for me and this is the only thing it could be
>cut down to 215lbs (halfway point)
>omg user you’ve trimmed down do much
>make plans and stuff but not going to risk asking her out again for now
>omg why are you still dieting
>bitch what I’m still overweight I’ve got another 40lbs to go
>oh you’re crazy

Seriously wtf, is it because I’d be out of her league if I cut down to a healthy weight

Eh... I'm doing pretty well so far with 16/8.

I can even time it so I eat a few hours before training, and again immediately after.

Breakfast: Chocolate Whey Protien Shake

Lunch: Quinoa and chickpea yellow curry with spinach and half a chicken breast pan fried in olive oil, chili powder, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes

Dinner: Pan fried full chicken breast with oven baked asparagus and Brussels sprouts

Also a camel-tier amount of water throughout the day.

Any body type other than "disgusting inhuman blob" is a massive upgrade.

this is pretty good advice. for me I start with a pinch of salt and lots of pepper on nearly everything. for example take chicken breast. I like cutlets so I cut them in half crosswise, a pinch of salt on each side then a bunch of pepper. put it in a hot pan with butter (count the butter calories, too) flip once a minute until the internal temperature is good and eat with a side of spinach.

to mix it up, you can add garlic, lemon, thyme, spicy shit, any spice you fancy really. the key is finding the right amount of salt, salt can be addicting it makes food taste so orgasmic but too much and you'll develop hypertension so I try to keep it down. if my meal has something salty (like a cheese omelette) I skip adding additional salt because the salty ingredient adds it for me.

Breakfast:
>Bacon
>Some plain greek yogurt
>A single pancake

Lunch:
>Leftover rice and beans

Dinner is yet to come. I made most of this, aside from the yogurt. Total thus far is 750 kcal against a daily goal of

Does that really seem like a good idea?

>ate at maintenance for 4 days to break a 1 month plateau
>it worked

feels good bros

4 day dumbbell routine at home targeting arms, chest/abdominals, back/shoulder, and legs. Between 20-40 minutes of cardio on a bike machine every day, trying to push it closer to 40 consistently. I'll be very glad to be able to play tennis and hike with regularity when this fucking endless winter breaks.

I dont have a gym so mostly body weights. I alternate pushups (did knees for a while but not progressing to real ones), planking, pull ups (I cant do a pull up yet so I either do negatives or bodyweight rows), and squats (I'm actually taking a break from squats because I got into running to fast and injured my knee a bit). I'd like more back exercises but that's all I have right now. I try to play tennis on thursday and sunday and do a 5k run on saturday but I'm on a break from running because of my knees injury (my knee injury is very mild but I don't want to make it worse by running too much)

Almost definitely yes. Move on.

she sees how far you've gone and it seems like a big change to her even though you still have a lot to go. great job by the way. if I were you I'd ask her out again, tell her you're losing weight for her even if its not true girls love that shit and love persistence. if that doesn't work move on but whatever you do keep bettering yourself.

>tell her you're losing weight for her even if its not true girls love that shit
I gotta jump in and say don't do this, sounds weird as fuck. Women like men who respect themselves and want to better themselves, if she doesn't appreciate the effort for that alone she can fuck herself.

This. It's creepy if you say you're doing it to get in her pants.

whatever who cares she's already turned him down but regardless ask her out again m8 I've heard stories from girls where they're like "oh my god I told this guy I didnt want to date him but then he didnt ask me out a second time I would have said yes I like the persistence XD" I want to punch these people but its how some people think

user wasn't saying he shouldn't ask her out again, just to not say he's losing weight for her.

veganbro

Had a banana, a pea protein shake, and my stack. (Algal DHA, Multi, Potassium and Magnesium)

Nah, still pictures always seem to catch the worst fucking moment. As long as you're content in the mirror, don't sweat it.

Tbh I’ve never really asked girls out. I’ve just ended up In Relationships with friends. Might just see how it goes this time without forcing it.

Willpower is not some finite resource that you can only use on one thing at the expense of another.

Is there any benefit to doing keto compared to just counting calories? Assuming the same number of calories on eeach.

Your body is forced to fed on the fats, including your body fat

Bottom row is me currently after 5 months of diet and exercise. Top left pic was me in highschool which is basically my goal only 150 instead of 130.

Attached: progress.png (1440x1440, 2.08M)

There's some great broscience on it. Like anything else on this board.