Why are the yolks of the egg so good Jow Forums...

Why are the yolks of the egg so good Jow Forums? I’ve been trying to cut down on them when I cook eggs but I always have a yolk or two with the rest of the whites. Am I going to make it?

Attached: 400131D2-CC24-47F8-9212-A1254661FC05.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lbw66b5Glwo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2386667/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367008/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> throwing the yolk
> ever

Bruh, the yolk is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
It's also the type of fat your body uses to convert it into testosterone.

> m-muh cholesterol
And? What are you a 50 y/o with heart disease? Just don't eat more than 3 yolks a day and you should be fine.

Attached: 1523526417091.png (209x155, 70K)

>egg whites

Attached: 1520344178952.png (1217x1015, 708K)

But sometimes I go for 4 or 5. I feel like it’ll kill me one day

>broscience

I eat like 5-6 whole eggs/day for years... no problems with cholesterol

youtube.com/watch?v=Lbw66b5Glwo

eggs are good for you

I have a sneaking suspicion this is yet another stealth vegan thread arranged by the vegan shilling discord.

Fucking retard, it has been proven that dietary cholesterol / saturated fats don't contribute to heart disease, the inflamation caused by sugar and insulin spikes do

>Eggs
>vegan
You have a weird definition of vegan

There is no established link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease or artheschlorosis.

I eat 8-10 eggs a day and my cholesterol numbers are fine.

Oh wow nice scientific proof.

>Compared with egg consumption of less than 1/week, the incidence rate ratio for total mortality was 1.23 and 2.68 among subjects consuming 1-5 and 6+ eggs/week, respectively, after adjustment for age, sex, smoking, and social class.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2386667/

Dumbass, he's saying the vegans are shilling the 'eggs r bad mmmkay' meme.

Alright, I’ll take your guys word on it and just keep eating the yolk then. Its a bit of a relief desu

Learn to reading comprehension. I'm implying that this is a stealth vegan thread, from a vegan pushing the concept that eggs are bad for you via concern trolling.

Literally this. Sugar is what fucks up human bodies, insulin fucking your blood sugar and blood pressure causing the inflammation. Most modern studies back this up as well as thinking from top nutritionists

Now control for carbohydrate intake.

I'll wait.

What would you say is an acceptable amount of sugar a day?

>This association was stronger among diabetic subjects with a 2-fold increased risk of death

>In contrast, adjusted hazard ratios (95% CI) for mortality were 1.0 (reference), 0.94 (0.87-1.02), 1.03 (0.95-1.11), 1.05 (0.93-1.19), and 1.23 (1.11-1.36) for egg consumption of

Look up your local guideline, and then divide the number by 2. Remember that eating carbohydrates does much the same to your blood insulin and glycogen levels.

if you're an athlete [you probs are because you're on this board] you can be a little lenient especially around when you're going to the gym because it will be burned as energy instantly.
but still, eating less sugar is something anyone can do today to increase their longevity and reduce chance of serious illness by a lot.

Funny because heart disease is statistically non-existent in Sri Lanka where they eat a lot of rice and almost no meat, their main fat is coconut oil.

Also,
>people who eat more eggs per week automatically eat more carbs.
That's not how it works when there is such a significant difference in mortality risks, why would people that eat no egg be on low carbs diet, that's ironically the opposite ketofags and paleos eat a lot of eggs. And what are vegans, they eat carbs all day and have statistically significant lesser risks. But yeah, keep moving goal posts.

Holy fucking irony. Learn to read what you quote yourself, the association was STRONGER among diabetics. The association is already statistically significant in non-diabetics.

Damn, it's always the sub30 IQ brainlets that call others retard.

>When comparing the highest (≥1/day) to the lowest category of egg consumption, pooled relative risk of Heart Failure was 1.25
>in general population
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367008/

What the fuck are you talking about?

Take the physicians study data. The exact same data set used in your 'eggs are bad for you' study.

Using that data set control for total carbohydrate intake. (Since the dataset doesnt distinguish 50g of cake carbs from 50g of rice carbs) and then find the all cause mortality that pops out.

As far as Sri Lanka and other high carb populations go there's something to be said. These people may eat a high carb diet, but almost universally excludes refined carbohydrates. And they universally have every strict time windows on eating.

Both are features that the West does not have where we're known for refined carbs being the cheapest foodstuffs, and 24 hour all you can eat buffets.

You wanna talk about moving the goal post...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that people who don't eat eggs due to studies like these, also do more exercise and take more health products and are generally richer than those who do eat eggs

no im sure its that eggs are magic heart disease pills? fucking brainlets thinking correlation = causation

Hmm I just read the recommended amount for men is 36 grams. I have only had a protein shake, a Clementine and an apple today. I'm already at 23. I haven't planned out dinner but I'll try to keep sugar to a minimum in whatever I eat but there's no way I do half of the rec because that would be 18.

Unless you're telling me that I shouldn't eat fruit?

I saw the same thing. By the looks of it it’s recommended to take in ~10% of your calories as sugar. So a 2000 calorie diet should be 50g of sugar. Seems reasonable desu, but since I’m trying to cut I’m more limited. I’ll have to see if I can stick to under 40g

Because it's literally consuming missed opportunity

I just started a cut today. Protein shake + creatine, b12, d3, zinc, multivitamin this morning for breakfast.

Clementine around 10:30. Apple at lunch. I'm 5'8" 182.5 lbs and MyFitnessPal recommended 1560 calories a day. Right now I have ~1300 cals left for dinner so I'll probably have a bunch of chicken and veggies.

I'm just worried that my lifts will struggle since I just reached 1/2/3/4 and switched up my program to 4 days rather than 3. All I really want to know is, will I make it?

Just eat the whole fucking egg. It's not complicated. Don't throw away perfectly good egg because of broscience. There is lots of evidence that entire eggs are decently healthy, and don't cause cholesterol issues. The relationship between dietary cholesterol and systemic cholesterol is mudding and confusing and we don't understand it all the well:
B ot nearly well enough to jump to wierd conclusions. Just eat the fucking egg.

I had a biochemistry prof go on a big rant about how seperating parts of eggs is a total waste of time and money. Not that it means anything.

I think that as long as you keep up your macros then you’ll keep your gains. One thing I noticed with mfp is that the base goals for carbs and protein can be a bit iffy, so you should set them up yourself.

Keep going man, you’ll make it

Attached: 1210108D-0F96-42B0-8569-E9E39578A149.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

keep fruit to a minimum but its fine to eat some as long as its limited. Low sugar fruits are better.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I know I can find this out in a Google search, but what do you recommend as low sugar fruits? I keep a basket of fruit at my desk at work. Right now it's got clementines, pink lady apples and some pears but I'm always looking for suggestions. Such as what fruits have the best amount of vitamins, lowest calories, high fiber, low sugar, etc..

>As far as Sri Lanka and other high carb populations go there's something to be said. These people may eat a high carb diet, but almost universally excludes refined carbohydrates. And they universally have every strict time windows on eating.
>white rice
>white bread
>not refined
Dude.